12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

Woots by State

zero wooters wootinglots of wooters wooting

Quality Posts

Cesare

quality posts: 1563 Private Messages Cesare

Gourmet Nut Spice Rubs, Set of 5
$19.99 (Normally $49.00) 59% off List Price
(1) Gourmet Nut Zesty Lemon Spice Rub, 3.5 oz.
(1) Gourmet Nut Spice & Herb Spice Rub, 3 oz.
(1) Gourmet Nut Sweet Tooth Dessert Rub, 3 oz.
(1) Gourmet Nut Sweet & Smokey Spice Rub, 3.25 oz.
(1) Gourmet Nut Cup of Coffee Rub, 3 oz.

Website

-il Cesare
Sole Absolute Triple
Exalted High Tastemaster Supreme
“In the entire world there are only a few sounds that bring joy to all but the most jaded. One is the murmur of a kitten purring. Another is the thwack of a well-pitched baseball hitting a perfectly swung bat. And the third is the pop of a cork being pulled from a bottle of wine.” —George Taber

Fountain3586

quality posts: 32 Private Messages Fountain3586

I wonder how long these will last once opened. I don't red meat as much as I used to. I love the Fruit and Dessert Rub, that's darling.

Favorite Woots: The First Years miSwivel Feeding Chair, Kiddy Sport’n Move Stroller, Sacs of Life Insulator 4 Reusable Shopping Bags, Daiwa Golf Bag, Energizer Light on Demand Twin Light Center, Ooma Telo ViIP Home Phone System, and a Stainless Steel Designer 6 Ounce Flask.

glaesz28

quality posts: 0 Private Messages glaesz28

I'm going to get this out of the way... Nut rubs... Hooray maturity!

note2001

quality posts: 25 Private Messages note2001

Any clue as to potential allergens in these products?

We don't eat meat often here either, but many meat spices go fantastic with grilled & sauteed veges.

mjc613

quality posts: 47 Private Messages mjc613

Found these on ebay for $44.95! That includes shipping and a free gift, but this price is much better by far.

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 547 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

Fountain3586 wrote:I wonder how long these will last once opened. I don't red meat as much as I used to. I love the Fruit and Dessert Rub, that's darling.
note2001 wrote:Any clue as to potential allergens in these products?

I asked both questions earlier in the day just in case (I know you guys).

The Gourmet Nuts rep says that the spices are mixed and packed in a nut-free facility.

Spices don't really expired.

I agree with the expire part. I've had spices around forever. As long as you keep them closed and dry, they stay good.

Edit: Ok, "forever" was an exaggeration. A while. How about that?

Customer Service: support@woot.com ••• Allow 1-2 business days for response.
••• ► Woot's Return Policy
◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

Skanning

quality posts: 15 Private Messages Skanning

I,too, wonder exactly what's IN these. I realize they're probably some kind of secret recipe but even patented food items have to list their ingredients. Are there really nuts in there?

marbaulo

quality posts: 5 Private Messages marbaulo

I agree with the expire part. I've had spices around forever. As long as you keep them closed and dry, they stay good.[/quote]

I have to differ on that part. If you've ever had parsley or chives around for a year or more then bought fresh, the difference is shocking. Fresh ginger is much stronger than old ginger as with most other spices - they loose their potency... but these jars are pretty small so I'm not worried! I'm buying three - one for me and two to spread around... I mean gift...

lstaff

quality posts: 199 Private Messages lstaff

VolleyB

quality posts: 0 Private Messages VolleyB

I don't think I can say that my nuts are truly "gourmet", can I still use these?

bobboag

quality posts: 2 Private Messages bobboag

I got these last time around and I like them. Props to the company - one bottle arrived broken so I emailed them and they replaced it and threw in an additional bottle (different flavor).

endoarts

quality posts: 1 Private Messages endoarts

Uhhhh huh huh huh....huh huh huh---he said "nut" rubbing spices

mjc613

quality posts: 47 Private Messages mjc613

I went to their website to see which organization gave them their kosher certification, but no luck. I did find their descriptions of these mixes though, here.

caluth

quality posts: 8 Private Messages caluth

hehe nut rubs

tronne

quality posts: 4 Private Messages tronne

They may not "expire" but they will lose much of their flavor over a 2 or 3 year period. After a while it will taste like you are eating dust....

ThunderThighs wrote:I asked both questions earlier in the day just in case (I know you guys).

The Gourmet Nuts rep says that the spices are mixed and packed in a nut-free facility.

I agree with the expire part. I've had spices around forever. As long as you keep them closed and dry, they stay good.

Bought... lots of stuff...

purplekanga

quality posts: 2 Private Messages purplekanga

I need to know the ingredients too . . . we have some unusual food allergies in my family. If these are free of ingredients we're sensitive to, I'd definitely buy them. But I won't ever buy any food product without a complete ingredient list . . . too risky for us.

schrepjm

quality posts: 1 Private Messages schrepjm
marbaulo wrote:I agree with the expire part. I've had spices around forever. As long as you keep them closed and dry, they stay good.

I have to differ on that part. If you've ever had parsley or chives around for a year or more then bought fresh, the difference is shocking. Fresh ginger is much stronger than old ginger as with most other spices - they loose their potency... but these jars are pretty small so I'm not worried! I'm buying three - one for me and two to spread around... I mean gift...[/quote]

Parsley and chives are herbs, actually, not spices.

maggiecain

quality posts: 9 Private Messages maggiecain

I also want an ingredient list. I'm looking for sugar (real or artificial), HFCS, or preservatives and chemicals.

alanv73

quality posts: 1 Private Messages alanv73

How much sodium?

rjzii

quality posts: 0 Private Messages rjzii

I tend to go through a lot of rubs so this could be very good for me; however, I'm with the others in needing to see a list of ingredients due to some allergies that friends of mine have.

NascarDad

quality posts: 21 Private Messages NascarDad
note2001 wrote:Any clue as to potential allergens in these products?

We don't eat meat often here either, but many meat spices go fantastic with grilled & sauteed veges.

Really good question especially with a name like "Gourmet Nut".

I remember before Christmas, woot was selling blackberry pie filling that had pecans in it and there wasn't an allergen warning so if you have allergy issues I would wait for them to double check.

bellehelene

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bellehelene

When I got married, my mother (who, rest her soul, was the world's most boring cook) re-gifted me her wedding spice & herb set. I was broke enough to use them until I could replace them one at a time ... of course you had to use A LOT to get the intended flavor. The herbs had faded the most.

I do have a small gripe, however. AHEM -- it's compl*E*ment. As in, compl*ETE*ment. Otherwise, one is anthropomorphizing those little bottles. ("Hey, Beefy, lookin' good there!")

Bellehelene

mirasoot36

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mirasoot36
ThunderThighs wrote:I asked both questions earlier in the day just in case (I know you guys).

I tried to find contact information for this MFG. but their website has a 404 error under contact info. Do you happen to know if these are gluten free? I will buy them if they are!

twstrchk

quality posts: 1 Private Messages twstrchk

I need to know sodium content too - very important for my hubby and his HBP

peterbj

quality posts: 2 Private Messages peterbj

I would like to make a suggestion to Woot. Many of our questions would be answered if there was an image of the back of the product, or the sides, so we can see the ingredients and the other "fine print". Especially for allergies info.

I do not like purchasing spice blends with MSG. There is no way of telling here.

Should I order and then return if I am not happy?

inkycatz

quality posts: 105 Private Messages inkycatz

Okie, we've compiled the questions you've asked above and sent them along.

Hopefully we can get some, if not all of these cleared up and you all can buy three!

I'm just hanging out, really.

karenhynes

quality posts: 10 Private Messages karenhynes

This set was offered during the December Woot-off!. The company website was functioning at the time and I was able to find the ingredient lists for 2 of the mixes, but not the others:

From their website:

Gourmet Nut Zesty Lemon Spice Rub
Ingredients: Italian sea salt, garlic, rosemary, black pepper, coriander, lemon oil.

Gourmet Nut Spice & Herb Spice Rub
Ingredients: celery seed, rosemary, Alaea Hawaiian sea salt, Italian sea salt, black pepper, sage, marjoram.

Wine is bottled poetry - Robert Louis Stevenson

note2001

quality posts: 25 Private Messages note2001

Thanks for asking

tronne wrote:They may not "expire" but they will lose much of their flavor over a 2 or 3 year period. After a while it will taste like you are eating dust....

Hm, I'm allergic to dust... but if it's only "like dust" I guess I'll be ok. Then again, I don't want imitation dust, only the real stuff

coynedj

quality posts: 7 Private Messages coynedj
bellehelene wrote:I do have a small gripe, however. AHEM -- it's compl*E*ment. As in, compl*ETE*ment. Otherwise, one is anthropomorphizing those little bottles. ("Hey, Beefy, lookin' good there!")

Thank you. That always drives me crazy when I see it - it's nice to know that I'm not the only one!

I started out on Burgundy but soon hit the harder stuff. Bob Dylan, Just Like Tom Thumb's Blues

How on earth did I get 7 QPs?

inkycatz

quality posts: 105 Private Messages inkycatz

So here's the scoop from people who know:
They are not certified Gluten free but there are no wheat products in them, so they are (just not certified)

Also feel free to look in the specs tabs for ingredient lists.

I'm just hanging out, really.

grenade01

quality posts: 5 Private Messages grenade01

I'm a big fan of waffles, and I was wondering if any of these will taste good on waffles?

kmontrose

quality posts: 27 Private Messages kmontrose

Wow, those are some good ingredients! Except for the smoke flavor. I really can't abide that stuff. Something about it...
Still debating with myself...

kmontrose

quality posts: 27 Private Messages kmontrose
grenade01 wrote:I'm a big fan of waffles, and I was wondering if any of these will taste good on waffles?

I could absolutely see a schmeer of whipped cream and a sprinkling of the dessert rub.

miken927

quality posts: 122 Private Messages miken927
peterbj wrote:I do not like purchasing spice blends with MSG. There is no way of telling here.

Should I order and then return if I am not happy?

Not from woot! There are no returns if you're not happy; only if it was damaged in shipping, the wrong item, etc. woot says "If you buy something you don't end up liking or you have what marketing people call 'buyer's remorse,' sell it on Craigslist or at a garage sale. It's likely you'll make money doing this and save everyone a hassle." But that helps to keep the price down.

------------------
I Bet on Sky

fogtower

quality posts: 1 Private Messages fogtower

Actually,

Spices age in a month or so and loose much of their essential oils. There is a reason good chefs use freshly ground pepper and spices. No real Indian chef would use anything but freshly roasted and ground spices in a curry.