$59.99 (Normally $109.20) 45% off List Price
2006 Morpheus GSM Blend
2006 Osiris GSM Blend
CT links above

Winery website

-il Cesare
Sole Absolute Triple
Exalted High Tastemaster Supreme
“In the entire world there are only a few sounds that bring joy to all but the most jaded. One is the murmur of a kitten purring. Another is the thwack of a well-pitched baseball hitting a perfectly swung bat. And the third is the pop of a cork being pulled from a bottle of wine.” —George Taber

cortot20

quality posts: 130 Private Messages cortot20

I really enjoyed the 05' Oakrock blend from the woot off a few months back. Although these are very different wines.

CT

benyust2

quality posts: 4 Private Messages benyust2
cortot20 wrote:I really enjoyed the 05' Oakrock blend from the woot off a few months back. Although these are very different wines.

I also really enjoyed the Oakrock (definitely my favorite wine.woot wine so far). Any opinions on the differences between these and the Oakrock?

kylemittskus

quality posts: 229 Private Messages kylemittskus
cortot20 wrote:I really enjoyed the 05' Oakrock blend from the woot off a few months back. Although these are very different wines.

Haven't opened mine yet... perhaps I should sometime this century.

"If drinking is bitter, change yourself to wine." -Rainer Maria Rilke

"Champagne is a very kind and friendly thing on a rainy night." -Isak Dinesen

kaleidos

quality posts: 5 Private Messages kaleidos
benyust2 wrote:I also really enjoyed the Oakrock (definitely my favorite wine.woot wine so far). Any opinions on the differences between these and the Oakrock?

This is Steve Martell, Owner and Winemaker of Kaleidos. Although the Oakrock is mostly Syrah it definitely has some very Bordeaux qualities to it due to the Cab, Cab Franc etc that are in the blend. The two blends offered today are all Rhone varieties, so no Cab like flavors of red bell pepper and no chalky earth from the Petite Verdot. Instead you get rich dark fruit like plumb and blackberry in the Morpheus, smoked meats and red cherry/raspberry in the Osiris. The mouth feel and body between all three wines are similar. My style of winemaking tends to produce big, rich, extracted wines, so if you enjoyed the Oakrock I'm sure you will not be disappointed with the two wines offered today.

Also for those who like scores, the Morpheus received 89 points and the Osiris 91 points from Robert Parker. You can see the full reviews on the News page of my website. www.kaleidoswine.com

tytiger58

quality posts: 74 Private Messages tytiger58
kylemittskus wrote:Haven't opened mine yet... perhaps I should sometime this century.

Perhaps (rolling eyes)

What contemptible scoundrel stole the cork from my lunch? ~ W. C. Fields

“Freedom is something that dies unless it's used” Hunter S Thompson

inkycatz

quality posts: 105 Private Messages inkycatz
kaleidos wrote:This is Steve Martell, Owner and Winemaker of Kaleidos. Although the Oakrock is mostly Syrah it definitely has some very Bordeaux qualities to it due to the Cab, Cab Franc etc that are in the blend. The two blends offered today are all Rhone varieties, so no Cab like flavors of red bell pepper and no chalky earth from the Petite Verdot. Instead you get rich dark fruit like plumb and blackberry in the Morpheus, smoked meats and red cherry/raspberry in the Osiris. The mouth feel and body between all three wines are similar. My style of winemaking tends to produce big, rich, extracted wines, so if you enjoyed the Oakrock I'm sure you will not be disappointed with the two wines offered today.

Also for those who like scores, the Morpheus received 89 points and the Osiris 91 points from Robert Parker. You can see the full reviews on the News page of my website. www.kaleidoswine.com

Thanks for coming by, the additional information's a big help!

I'm just hanging out, really.

emccarl

quality posts: 9 Private Messages emccarl
kaleidos wrote:This is Steve Martell, Owner and Winemaker of Kaleidos. Although the Oakrock is mostly Syrah it definitely has some very Bordeaux qualities to it due to the Cab, Cab Franc etc that are in the blend. The two blends offered today are all Rhone varieties, so no Cab like flavors of red bell pepper and no chalky earth from the Petite Verdot. Instead you get rich dark fruit like plumb and blackberry in the Morpheus, smoked meats and red cherry/raspberry in the Osiris. The mouth feel and body between all three wines are similar. My style of winemaking tends to produce big, rich, extracted wines, so if you enjoyed the Oakrock I'm sure you will not be disappointed with the two wines offered today.

Steve,

LOVED the Oakrock Blend. My wife also loved it, even though she is used to drinking cheap merlots and cabs. I'm finally getting her to enjoy other varietals like syrah and zinfandel, as well as blends. I really like your approach of not getting caught up in the ph and other stats, and just making good wine with good fruit.

In for 2!

Last Wooter to Woot:
emccarl

benyust2

Thanks! Now I just need to decide whether to get one or two

neilfindswine

quality posts: 167 Private Messages neilfindswine

Guest Blogger

Another solid offer from Paso and our friend Mr. Martell. I tasted these with Steve at the Paso Robles Garagiste Festival. My notes: Yum. (It's hard to simultaneously write, taste and twist the winemaker's arm to get his wines on Woot).

Big. Paso. Reds.

I report to winedavid39...
...I like getting PM's from wannabe rodents...

losthighwayz

quality posts: 58 Private Messages losthighwayz

I'm a sucker for GSM blends and these look very tempting...I am supposed to be saving for a new house...you are not helping my cause!

"The older I get the better I was"

woopdedoo

quality posts: 35 Private Messages woopdedoo

Hi fellow wooters -

A friend of mine sent me this which I thought was not surprising but interesting about the concentration of brands in the wine industry.
Wine Industry Concentration

Cheers!

aspringer23

quality posts: 0 Private Messages aspringer23

Tried purchasing 3 times now, are they sold out? bummer.....

ben0113x

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ben0113x

Hey wootbots! There's some kind of technological issue- when I went to buy, it has my address and billing address numbers wrong. I went to change it, and it wont save my address information correctly. Help, I want to buy!

benyust2

aspringer23 wrote:Tried purchasing 3 times now, are they sold out? bummer.....

In for 2. My order supposedly went through.
Last wooter to woot:benyust2
Last purchase:6 minutes ago (I sat on the order page for a few minutes debating this or the new house...)

losthighwayz

quality posts: 58 Private Messages losthighwayz
woopdedoo wrote:Hi fellow wooters -

A friend of mine sent me this which I thought was not surprising but interesting about the concentration of brands in the wine industry.
Wine Industry Concentration

Cheers!

Thanks! it pretty much sums up why I support WW!

"The older I get the better I was"

cortot20

quality posts: 130 Private Messages cortot20
kylemittskus wrote:Haven't opened mine yet... perhaps I should sometime this century.

It seemed ready to go when I opened it in the fall. I would be all over this but I have some gift cards to work through first at some other outlets. Yes, Woot I am calling you out. If you had gift certs. I would get them for xmas and birthdays and then I would be buying wine from you right now instead of someone else.

CT

sdfreedive

quality posts: 22 Private Messages sdfreedive

These wines sound just up my alley with the fruit as the star. Just wish the mix was switched I'd have loved to get 2 bottles of the heavier grenache blend. Ah well fingers crossed that these hit the spot for me and the wife, who's a grenache fan.

otolith

quality posts: 22 Private Messages otolith

We tasted the 2006 Kaleidos Osiris at a recent wine tasting. Bottle was decanted ~1/2 prior to tasting. There was bright fresh fruit on the nose, and even a nose of sweet corn. Some heat. more red fruit on the palate. Medium bodied with a long finish. The tannins seemed to be quite bold and a little harsh, which surprised several of us, given that the wine is a little over 6 yrs old. Seemed like it needed a few more years in the bottle.

"When we try to pick out anything by itself, we find it hitched to everything else in the universe."
--John Muir

jimjacks66

quality posts: 31 Private Messages jimjacks66

Last Wooter to Woot! Woo hoo. Love GSM and input from winery owner/winemaker made me go for it albeit at very last minute.