WootBot

quality posts: 15 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

Poll: How old is the oldest wine you’ve ever had?
  • 48.1% - 2000s - 1990s 362
  • 28.1% - 1980s - 1970s 211
  • 14.2% - 1960s - 1950s 107
  • 3.3% - 1940s - 1930s 25
  • 6.3% - 1920s or earlier 47
752 votes

Well, how do you fare compared to the Zeitgeist? Chat up your fellow wooters and let us know how lame this poll was or what obvious choices we missed. For example: Was this poll a) STUPID, b) DUMB, c) POINTLESS or d) ALL OF THE ABOVE?

jnelson203

quality posts: 4 Private Messages jnelson203

I think wine woot is trying to fine out what decade I started drinking in.

ardubu

quality posts: 8 Private Messages ardubu

My brother's oldest whine is - why was I born into a weird family?!?

Ah, the hell with it.

theother1

quality posts: 1 Private Messages theother1

I once got to try a 1941 armagnac!

mdkopper

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mdkopper

natedogg828

quality posts: 4 Private Messages natedogg828

I answered 80's to 70's becasue that is when I first was given a taste of wine and it was probably from the 70's in the 70's

126 Woots to date across all sites (now Woot! says I am better than everyone else) including 7 Bags of Crap...snagged a Big ol' Crybaby (#6) to secure my black square!
Proudly tracking via WootStalker.com

richardhod

quality posts: 261 Private Messages richardhod

does Madeira count? thx tim

I think it's the age of the bottle.

edlada

quality posts: 5 Private Messages edlada

1927 no name Burgundy, drank it two years ago, I will never forget it. I have said it before and I'll say it again, I think if faeries drink wine, they would drink Burgundy. Delicate, ethereal, sublime yet tons of structure. I have had the good fortune to drink a lot of old, fine Bordeaux wines but I do love a fine old Burgundy also. I will say it is much easier to find a bad bottle of Burgundy than a bad bottle of Bordeaux which may be part of the appeal to the old Burgundy. When you get a good one, it is an experience!

My dogs like me, that is important.

richardhod

quality posts: 261 Private Messages richardhod
edlada wrote:1927 no name Burgundy, drank it two years ago, I will never forget it. I have said it before and I'll say it again, I think if faeries drink wine, they would drink Burgundy. Delicate, ethereal, sublime yet tons of structure. I have had the good fortune to drink a lot of old, fine Bordeaux wines but I do love a fine old Burgundy also. I will say it is much easier to find a bad bottle of Burgundy than a bad bottle of Bordeaux which may be part of the appeal to the old Burgundy. When you get a good one, it is an experience!

it lasted that long?!!!

edlada

quality posts: 5 Private Messages edlada
richardhod wrote:it lasted that long?!!!

Amazingly enough yes. It obviously had that old wine flavor but it wasn't oxidized or any other negative changes and it was amazingly delicate and complex.

My dogs like me, that is important.