klezman


quality posts: 121 Private Messages klezman
MarkDaSpark wrote:So it doesn't break when you drop it.



There's no smartphone case that I've seen that lets you both use your phone and keep it in your pocket that also protects against real drops. Anyway, I've dropped mine plenty of times and no problems.

Sparky!

2014: 28 bottles. Last wine.woot: Scott Harvey Red Re-Mix
2013: 66 bottles, 2012: 91 bottles, 2011: 92 bottles, 2010: 74 bottles, 2009: 30 bottles, 2008: 3 bottles My CT

mommadeb1


quality posts: 17 Private Messages mommadeb1

I just had to share....we have had record high temps the last 4 days... we have been around 85 all week!! I, of course, am loving it..... everyone else seems to want cooler temps.... they are silly people!!!

trifecta


quality posts: 72 Private Messages trifecta
klezman wrote:There's no smartphone case that I've seen that lets you both use your phone and keep it in your pocket that also protects against real drops. Anyway, I've dropped mine plenty of times and no problems.

Sparky!



Lifeproof! Only for iPhone though. Even waterproof for shallow stuff.

cmaldoon


quality posts: 62 Private Messages cmaldoon
klezman wrote:I miss going to those things, but of the WCS variety. Gotta get molarchae dancing more!



If you did west coast swing events with national instructors maybe you know Mario Robau Jr who also teaches at these events but is known big time for WCS

2014 - 20 Btl. Fjellene (10 bot), Urraca Chard (10 bot)
Last purchase: 5/3/14

2013 - 75 btl. 2012 - 98 btl. 2011 - 112 btl. 2010 - 30 btl.
My Cellar

bahwm


quality posts: 28 Private Messages bahwm
cmaldoon wrote:If you did west coast swing events with national instructors maybe you know Mario Robau Jr who also teaches at these events but is known big time for WCS


Hey, guys! I had no idea that you were into WCS! ddeuddeg & I take ballroom dance lessons and have also done a bit of swing. Last year, we tested out in the Bronze level for seven dances: waltz, tango, foxtrot, rumba, chacha, swing & hustle. This coming year, we are adding the Bronze in salsa, merengue & samba and are working on our Silver level for the other dances--not sure how many of those we'll be able to get in.

Our dance studio and one of the students at the dance studio, Iacono Ballroom Center, are co-chairing a benefit "to fund critical research for treatments and a cure for Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy, a terminal disease which targets young boys. Currently there are more than 20,000 children in the United States suffering from this devastating disease, and more than 100,000 worldwide, with a statistically higher number of cases in Western New York than the national average." The event is called Suneel's Celebrity Gala. Check out the videos. Many of them are from early on, at this point. Maryalice Demler is also training at our studio. People can vote for their favorite dancer--for a fee--to help support the foundation.

The co-chairs have contacted a number of local "celebrities" and are teaching them to dance one dance. Kind of like a local "Dancing with the Stars". One of the celebrities is Kevin Sylvester, is a radio talk show host for the National Hockey League's Buffalo Sabres and its broadcast network, the Sabres Hockey Network. I teach with Kevin's wife.

BTW, ddeuddeg & I are featured someplace on the Iacono website. We were interviewed and also filmed during one of our lessons!



May our love be like good wine, grow stronger as it grows older. ~ Old English Toast

MarkDaSpark


quality posts: 181 Private Messages MarkDaSpark

So I guess this means that you four (d-dog, bahwm, klez, & molarchae) are ... "swingers"???


Someone has to put WD's kids thru college, but why does it have to be me!
*This post is for purposes of enabling only, and does not constitute any promise of helping pay for said enabling. It does indicate willingness to assist in drinking said wine.

bahwm


quality posts: 28 Private Messages bahwm
MarkDaSpark wrote:So I guess this means that you four (d-dog, bahwm, klez, & molarchae) are ... "swingers"???


Ummmmmm, no.

May our love be like good wine, grow stronger as it grows older. ~ Old English Toast

bahwm


quality posts: 28 Private Messages bahwm

Oh, yeah: 58 degrees in Buffalo, NY in January! We had a low of 48 degrees! Gotta love when our low is warmer than many lows in California overnight! Yippee!

May our love be like good wine, grow stronger as it grows older. ~ Old English Toast

cmaldoon


quality posts: 62 Private Messages cmaldoon
bahwm wrote:Hey, guys! I had no idea that you were into WCS! ddeuddeg & I take ballroom dance lessons and have also done a bit of swing.



BrightGreen and I do pretty much exclusively social dance as opposed to competition dance but know quite a number of dances:
Waltz(rotary), Waltz (cross step), east coast swing, Hustle, Blues, Polka, fusion we both know well enough to dance quite well. We also know enough to get by at least a bit in: lindy hop, west coast swing, whiskey, tango, foxtrot, cha-cha, salsa, schottische, one step, nightclub 2 step, and well ok, NOT whiskey but I had to throw that in with tango and foxtrot.

Blues Fusion is definitely our favorite these days because it alows us to use what we know from our many other dance styles and have dances that feel so incredibly connected to our partner.

2014 - 20 Btl. Fjellene (10 bot), Urraca Chard (10 bot)
Last purchase: 5/3/14

2013 - 75 btl. 2012 - 98 btl. 2011 - 112 btl. 2010 - 30 btl.
My Cellar

klezman


quality posts: 121 Private Messages klezman
cmaldoon wrote:If you did west coast swing events with national instructors maybe you know Mario Robau Jr who also teaches at these events but is known big time for WCS



Yup, I've definitely encountered him. Problem with westside LA is that there seem to be no good WCS dances. For those you need to go to Pasadena or Irvine, apparently. I haven't yet summoned the strength to drive from Venice to Irvine down the 405 on a Thursday night.

2014: 28 bottles. Last wine.woot: Scott Harvey Red Re-Mix
2013: 66 bottles, 2012: 91 bottles, 2011: 92 bottles, 2010: 74 bottles, 2009: 30 bottles, 2008: 3 bottles My CT

kylemittskus


quality posts: 229 Private Messages kylemittskus

I can't dance. At all. Like, at all.

"If drinking is bitter, change yourself to wine." -Rainer Maria Rilke

"Champagne is a very kind and friendly thing on a rainy night." -Isak Dinesen

mommadeb1


quality posts: 17 Private Messages mommadeb1
kylemittskus wrote:I can't dance. At all. Like, at all.



Don't feel bad... neither can I...

North316


quality posts: 107 Private Messages North316
kylemittskus wrote:I can't dance. At all. Like, at all.


I probably could, because I am awesome, but I choose not to, at all.

My CT
"Trust your homies on the net", Clark Smith.
R.I.P. Inkycatz - Feb. 2013

cortot20


quality posts: 136 Private Messages cortot20
bahwm wrote:Oh, yeah: 58 degrees in Buffalo, NY in January! We had a low of 48 degrees! Gotta love when our low is warmer than many lows in California overnight! Yippee!



Yeah, its been below freezing at night for a few days now and i am in socal where its pretty rare.

CT

bahwm


quality posts: 28 Private Messages bahwm
cortot20 wrote:Yeah, its been below freezing at night for a few days now and i am in socal where its pretty rare.


I am sorry! Seriously. Do you have a furnace? It seems like it's that cold almost all the way up the CA coast. I hope it warms up a bit for when we come out for D&D! I know that we'll pay next week--so say the meteorologists.

May our love be like good wine, grow stronger as it grows older. ~ Old English Toast

bahwm


quality posts: 28 Private Messages bahwm
kylemittskus wrote:I can't dance. At all. Like, at all.


You, too, can learn how to dance. My niece & her husband started to take lessons even after their first child was born. They treated it as a "date night"--depending on the timing, of course. Lunch & lesson or dinner & lesson. We like to do lesson & dinner--that way, the wine doesn't interfere with the feet!

May our love be like good wine, grow stronger as it grows older. ~ Old English Toast

bhodilee


quality posts: 32 Private Messages bhodilee
kylemittskus wrote:I can't dance. At all. Like, at all.



I led a conga line at my wedding reception. I found out about that last year when I was looking through pictures. That whole night is basically a haze of gentleman jack and elderberry hooch.

"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it."

– George Bernard Shaw, author (1856-1950)

cmaldoon


quality posts: 62 Private Messages cmaldoon
bahwm wrote:You, too, can learn how to dance. My niece & her husband started to take lessons even after their first child was born. They treated it as a "date night"--depending on the timing, of course. Lunch & lesson or dinner & lesson. We like to do lesson & dinner--that way, the wine doesn't interfere with the feet!



That is the unfortunate thing about the hobbies of wine and dancing... They don't mix well. Especially when most dance things around here run 9-midnight so doing dinner and wine after is difficult.

Wine and backpacking works as long as you keep to medium quality wine, have plenty of water, and take short-ish hikes so you don't mind the weight.

2014 - 20 Btl. Fjellene (10 bot), Urraca Chard (10 bot)
Last purchase: 5/3/14

2013 - 75 btl. 2012 - 98 btl. 2011 - 112 btl. 2010 - 30 btl.
My Cellar

bahwm


quality posts: 28 Private Messages bahwm
cmaldoon wrote:That is the unfortunate thing about the hobbies of wine and dancing... They don't mix well. Especially when most dance things around here run 9-midnight so doing dinner and wine after is difficult.

Wine and backpacking works as long as you keep to medium quality wine, have plenty of water, and take short-ish hikes so you don't mind the weight.


Oh, and we've never done competition dancing. We've just been adjudicated by a certified ISTD adjudicator, from the Imperial Society of Teachers of Dance.

May our love be like good wine, grow stronger as it grows older. ~ Old English Toast

kylemittskus


quality posts: 229 Private Messages kylemittskus
cortot20 wrote:Yeah, its been below freezing at night for a few days now and i am in socal where its pretty rare.



Ice on my driveway (water from sprinklers) two nights now. Tonight looks like it's going to be numero three.

"If drinking is bitter, change yourself to wine." -Rainer Maria Rilke

"Champagne is a very kind and friendly thing on a rainy night." -Isak Dinesen

North316


quality posts: 107 Private Messages North316
kylemittskus wrote:Ice on my driveway (water from sprinklers) two nights now. Tonight looks like it's going to be numero three.



Do you left-coasters know what to do with ice when it's not in your glass?

My CT
"Trust your homies on the net", Clark Smith.
R.I.P. Inkycatz - Feb. 2013

kylemittskus


quality posts: 229 Private Messages kylemittskus
North316 wrote:Do you left-coasters know what to do with ice when it's not in your glass?



I gave it a 25 foot berth and left it alone.

But seriously.

"If drinking is bitter, change yourself to wine." -Rainer Maria Rilke

"Champagne is a very kind and friendly thing on a rainy night." -Isak Dinesen

chemvictim


quality posts: 3 Private Messages chemvictim
cmaldoon wrote:That is the unfortunate thing about the hobbies of wine and dancing... They don't mix well. Especially when most dance things around here run 9-midnight so doing dinner and wine after is difficult.

Wine and backpacking works as long as you keep to medium quality wine, have plenty of water, and take short-ish hikes so you don't mind the weight.



I would love to see video of anyone learning about how wine and dancing don't mix.

A few years ago, we had a lovely and...rather extended wine tasting at Iron Horse and we followed it up with a nice hike. It wasn't the best plan really, but we survived. We met another hiker on the hill (the hill that I was terrified would never end) and he recommended we visit his winery. I believe it was Cuvaison, but I'm not certain. It was a pinot-oriented place near Domaine Carneros, that much I do remember.

I learned not to combine my two loves of wine tasting and tree worshipping that day, at least when the trees are on hills.

JOATMON


quality posts: 19 Private Messages JOATMON
HitAnyKey42 wrote:
Also, are there any specific covers that people like for their S3's? My coworker also just got an S3 and he got this cover which looks pretty good. I haven't yet spent much time looking at any others yet.



I got the Samsung cover with the flip over screen cover. http://www.amazon.com/Samsung-Flip-Cover-Galaxy-Pebble/dp/B0089VO78I

Juvie: 30+24+4; Sellout: 6+7+0
Rags: 3+2+3
Drunk: 69+94+15 wine, 20+29+4 non-wine
Rugrat: 0+0+0; Refunded: 2+3+1
(as of 2011-03-02)

MarkDaSpark


quality posts: 181 Private Messages MarkDaSpark
bahwm wrote:You, too, can learn how to dance. My niece & her husband started to take lessons even after their first child was born. They treated it as a "date night"--depending on the timing, of course. Lunch & lesson or dinner & lesson. We like to do lesson & dinner--that way, the wine doesn't interfere with the feet!



Not everyone can dance. My BiL kinda dances, but the looks he gets on his face is hilarious (concentrating on steps). He and my sis have been taking dance lessons for a long time now, and he just doesn't "feel" the music.


Someone has to put WD's kids thru college, but why does it have to be me!
*This post is for purposes of enabling only, and does not constitute any promise of helping pay for said enabling. It does indicate willingness to assist in drinking said wine.

cortot20


quality posts: 136 Private Messages cortot20
MarkDaSpark wrote:Not everyone can dance. My BiL kinda dances, but the looks he gets on his face is hilarious (concentrating on steps). He and my sis have been taking dance lessons for a long time now, and he just doesn't "feel" the music.



Lol, I have seen this and completely agree. Not that I am any better, I took one set of classes and gave up.

CT

cortot20


quality posts: 136 Private Messages cortot20

I am currently weening my son off his every 3 hour night feedings, it's going to be a long week. The kid just likes to eat more than sleep.

CT

cortot20


quality posts: 136 Private Messages cortot20
bhodilee wrote:I led a conga line at my wedding reception. I found out about that last year when I was looking through pictures. That whole night is basically a haze of gentleman jack and elderberry hooch.



There's nothing better than discovering yourself in a conga line, let alone a self inflicted one.

CT

mommadeb1


quality posts: 17 Private Messages mommadeb1
North316 wrote:I probably could, because I am awesome, but I choose not to, at all.



ohhh, I like that answer better than mine!!!

mommadeb1


quality posts: 17 Private Messages mommadeb1
cortot20 wrote:I am currently weening my son off his every 3 hour night feedings, it's going to be a long week. The kid just likes to eat more than sleep.



good luck!!!

klezman


quality posts: 121 Private Messages klezman

Cesare, linkmaster supreme, it occurs to me that when linking to CT with the /classic/ prefix the links will eventually break. Just a thought for your daily link-making.

2014: 28 bottles. Last wine.woot: Scott Harvey Red Re-Mix
2013: 66 bottles, 2012: 91 bottles, 2011: 92 bottles, 2010: 74 bottles, 2009: 30 bottles, 2008: 3 bottles My CT

rjquillin


quality posts: 170 Private Messages rjquillin
klezman wrote:Cesare, linkmaster supreme, it occurs to me that when linking to CT with the /classic/ prefix the links will eventually break. Just a thought for your daily link-making.

One only has to edit out "/classic" and the new format works.
I rather strongly dislike the new format. Too much white (wasted) space, too much clicking around to find what was clearly visible, and useful. From exchanges I've had with Eric, I'm not alone. But I'm an old fart that likes what just works.

CT

pcuccaro


quality posts: 8 Private Messages pcuccaro
rjquillin wrote:One only has to edit out "/classic" and the new format works.
I rather strongly dislike the new format. Too much white (wasted) space, too much clicking around to find what was clearly visible, and useful. From exchanges I've had with Eric, I'm not alone. But I'm an old fart that likes what just works.



I prefer the original as well. I've been forcing myself to use the new version some and there are some nice features but I still prefer the classic version.

Fill your glass when it is empty, empty it when it is full, never leave it empty, never leave it full.
Italian proverb

bahwm


quality posts: 28 Private Messages bahwm

Happy Birthday, wkdpanda!

May our love be like good wine, grow stronger as it grows older. ~ Old English Toast

cmaldoon


quality posts: 62 Private Messages cmaldoon
pcuccaro wrote:I prefer the original as well. I've been forcing myself to use the new version some and there are some nice features but I still prefer the classic version.



I actually really like the new version and appreciate that they are working to get it fully up to speed with the classic features. The classic did do everything but I found it to be really harsh to look at. I do everything now in the new format and find it simple to get around in. Just like when Microsoft does a new version of Word and mixes all the buttons around it is difficult until you remap your brain and then it is just as good and probably better.

2014 - 20 Btl. Fjellene (10 bot), Urraca Chard (10 bot)
Last purchase: 5/3/14

2013 - 75 btl. 2012 - 98 btl. 2011 - 112 btl. 2010 - 30 btl.
My Cellar

MarkDaSpark


quality posts: 181 Private Messages MarkDaSpark




Courtesy MichelleShari & ChemVictim on Facebook.


Someone has to put WD's kids thru college, but why does it have to be me!
*This post is for purposes of enabling only, and does not constitute any promise of helping pay for said enabling. It does indicate willingness to assist in drinking said wine.

klezman


quality posts: 121 Private Messages klezman
cmaldoon wrote:I actually really like the new version and appreciate that they are working to get it fully up to speed with the classic features. The classic did do everything but I found it to be really harsh to look at. I do everything now in the new format and find it simple to get around in. Just like when Microsoft does a new version of Word and mixes all the buttons around it is difficult until you remap your brain and then it is just as good and probably better.



Yeah, I'd barely started using CT when they released the new version in beta. I think both have their merits but the new version is, imo, far superior in design. Really was difficult to find normal functions in the original.

Regardless, my point was only that as people use the links to find the wine it may be better to use the standard ct/wine# link rather than either /new or /classic.

2014: 28 bottles. Last wine.woot: Scott Harvey Red Re-Mix
2013: 66 bottles, 2012: 91 bottles, 2011: 92 bottles, 2010: 74 bottles, 2009: 30 bottles, 2008: 3 bottles My CT

mommadeb1


quality posts: 17 Private Messages mommadeb1

another 80+ degree day today!!