Imagine4vr


quality posts: 22 Private Messages Imagine4vr

Thanks everyone for the birthday wishes

edit: and sparkly!

mommadeb1


quality posts: 18 Private Messages mommadeb1

yeah!! Cougar Town is on tonight!! I just can't help myself!! I love that show!!

bahwm


quality posts: 32 Private Messages bahwm
mommadeb1 wrote:Poor thing! I hope you feel better! My folks just got back from a cruise... she now has the flu and an upper repository infection... They say this year is going to be bad for flu and sickness.... I think I'm going to up my vitamins!!


I am feeling better. Thanks. The fever is down. I slept quite a bit today and stayed put on the couch for the rest of the day. I decided that since the experts recommend staying home for 24 hours after the fever returns to normal, that I should stay home tomorrow. The 24 hours would be sometime mid-day. And, I am still tired. Hopefully, I can get caught up with some schoolwork at home tomorrow! I just remembered: I have to come up with some sort of lesson plans for my sub to follow tomorrow! Ugh!

May our love be like good wine, grow stronger as it grows older. ~ Old English Toast

MarkDaSpark


quality posts: 187 Private Messages MarkDaSpark
bahwm wrote:I am feeling better. Thanks. The fever is down. I slept quite a bit today and stayed put on the couch for the rest of the day. I decided that since the experts recommend staying home for 24 hours after the fever returns to normal, that I should stay home tomorrow. The 24 hours would be sometime mid-day. And, I am still tired. Hopefully, I can get caught up with some schoolwork at home tomorrow! I just remembered: I have to come up with some sort of lesson plans for my sub to follow tomorrow! Ugh!



Hope you are now all better!!!


Someone has to put WD's kids thru college, but why does it have to be me!
*This post is for purposes of enabling only, and does not constitute any promise of helping pay for said enabling. It does indicate willingness to assist in drinking said wine.

canonizer


quality posts: 22 Private Messages canonizer

I grabbed the Perelli Minetti offering off wtso if anyone wants a bottle in NYC. PM me

signed.

HitAnyKey42


quality posts: 29 Private Messages HitAnyKey42

Wheeee!!!! I now haz new phone!!

My Cellar
In a Glorious Marriage.Woot with cheron98
NYC Tastings

bahwm


quality posts: 32 Private Messages bahwm
MarkDaSpark wrote:Hope you are now all better!!!


Thanks, Sparky! I think I am. Wow! What a difference a day makes! My voice feels better than it has for a full month! I guess I should start getting ready for bed. I won't be able to sleep for 9 - 10 hours tonight!


May our love be like good wine, grow stronger as it grows older. ~ Old English Toast

rjquillin


quality posts: 184 Private Messages rjquillin
canonizer wrote:I grabbed the Perelli Minetti offering off wtso if anyone wants a bottle in NYC. PM me


I'm wondering if rpm has any inside info on the 2009 vintage.

Likely I'll regret not getting more, hope you stocked up.

CT

klezman


quality posts: 130 Private Messages klezman
rjquillin wrote:I'm wondering if rpm has any inside info on the 2009 vintage.

Likely I'll regret not getting more, hope you stocked up.



What was the end result of the Eastburn PN deal?

2014: 42 bottles. Last wine.woot: 2012 Iron Horse Estate Chardonnay
2013: 66 bottles, 2012: 91 bottles, 2011: 92 bottles, 2010: 74 bottles, 2009: 30 bottles, 2008: 3 bottles My CT

rjquillin


quality posts: 184 Private Messages rjquillin
klezman wrote:What was the end result of the Eastburn PN deal?

two woots queued up for shipping.

CT

klezman


quality posts: 130 Private Messages klezman
rjquillin wrote:two woots queued up for shipping.



Excellent I've added it to my transfer list.

2014: 42 bottles. Last wine.woot: 2012 Iron Horse Estate Chardonnay
2013: 66 bottles, 2012: 91 bottles, 2011: 92 bottles, 2010: 74 bottles, 2009: 30 bottles, 2008: 3 bottles My CT

rjquillin


quality posts: 184 Private Messages rjquillin
klezman wrote:Excellent I've added it to my transfer list.

Never did hear from Richard, so we'll have an odd divvy up.

I'm already regretting not grabbing a case of the MPM PN from WTSO...

CT

joelsisk


quality posts: 10 Private Messages joelsisk

hmm. how's things in the wider world??

Sparky - any chance you may be available in March/April for another Colorado gathering?

cortot20


quality posts: 159 Private Messages cortot20
rjquillin wrote:Never did hear from Richard, so we'll have an odd divvy up.

I'm already regretting not grabbing a case of the MPM PN from WTSO...



I believe he posted in the original offer thread today asking for some.

CT

bhodilee


quality posts: 32 Private Messages bhodilee
bahwm wrote:Thanks, Sparky! I think I am. Wow! What a difference a day makes! My voice feels better than it has for a full month! I guess I should start getting ready for bed. I won't be able to sleep for 9 - 10 hours tonight!



I started feeling sick, cause all the kids are, and my wife made me start taking shots of apple cider vinegar because we have this book about all the things you can use vinegar for. I actually do feel way better, but I'm hesitant to credit the vinegar for that (plus it's pretty nasty).

"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it."

– George Bernard Shaw, author (1856-1950)

canonizer


quality posts: 22 Private Messages canonizer
bhodilee wrote:I started feeling sick, cause all the kids are, and my wife made me start taking shots of apple cider vinegar because we have this book about all the things you can use vinegar for. I actually do feel way better, but I'm hesitant to credit the vinegar for that (plus it's pretty nasty).



I'm definitely a believer in the powers of ACV.

signed.

MarkDaSpark


quality posts: 187 Private Messages MarkDaSpark
joelsisk wrote:hmm. how's things in the wider world??

Sparky - any chance you may be available in March/April for another Colorado gathering?



April looks good, March has all those religious things going on.


Someone has to put WD's kids thru college, but why does it have to be me!
*This post is for purposes of enabling only, and does not constitute any promise of helping pay for said enabling. It does indicate willingness to assist in drinking said wine.

MarkDaSpark


quality posts: 187 Private Messages MarkDaSpark
canonizer wrote:I'm definitely a believer in the powers of ACV.



Yes, I too believe in Armored Combat Vehicles. Although Actual Cash Value is good too.


Someone has to put WD's kids thru college, but why does it have to be me!
*This post is for purposes of enabling only, and does not constitute any promise of helping pay for said enabling. It does indicate willingness to assist in drinking said wine.

bhodilee


quality posts: 32 Private Messages bhodilee
canonizer wrote:I'm definitely a believer in the powers of ACV.



its crazy, I felt like absolute CRAP yesterday. Today, I feel fine.

"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it."

– George Bernard Shaw, author (1856-1950)

mommadeb1


quality posts: 18 Private Messages mommadeb1
HitAnyKey42 wrote:Wheeee!!!! I now haz new phone!!



yippie!!

mommadeb1


quality posts: 18 Private Messages mommadeb1
bahwm wrote:Thanks, Sparky! I think I am. Wow! What a difference a day makes! My voice feels better than it has for a full month! I guess I should start getting ready for bed. I won't be able to sleep for 9 - 10 hours tonight!



glad you are feeling better!

mommadeb1


quality posts: 18 Private Messages mommadeb1
bhodilee wrote:I started feeling sick, cause all the kids are, and my wife made me start taking shots of apple cider vinegar because we have this book about all the things you can use vinegar for. I actually do feel way better, but I'm hesitant to credit the vinegar for that (plus it's pretty nasty).



I haven't heard about using apple cider vinegar shots... I do use it to gargle with when I have a sore throat and it does wonders! nasty tasting!!!

polarbear22


quality posts: 35 Private Messages polarbear22

Having a bottle of Pub Blend #2. Very nice.

Anyone in CT want some Vincent Arroyo?

Mother, some PS port? Have to confirm order in a couple of weeks. Contact me if interested.

Polar bears are meant to be clever, very clever. They are the Einsteins of the bear community. - Anonymous
Please donate to the 2014 MS Bike Ride
Want to read what SonomaBouliste has to say about wine?
Ddeuddeg Cheesecake Cookbook
My Cellar

cmaldoon


quality posts: 62 Private Messages cmaldoon

Worst part about having holes drilled into your head: The doctors and Pharmacists frown heavily upon having wine for days thereafter.

My recent history is now thus:
1) staying with g/fs family for 2 days, no wine because they don't really drink
2) dancing event for 3 days, not much wine ( a bit of sangria) because dancing drunk isn't nice to your partners
3) minor case of the flu for 2 days brought on by lack of sleep from dance event. Can't smell, can't have alcohol with Tylenol which is all I was allowed to take before...
4) Dr Yank-em took out the 80% of tooth #75 that was left, drilled ino my jaw, and inserted an 8mm titanium screw to be the anchor for my new #20 tooth that I won't get for 2 months because this has to heal first.

Luckily it doesn't hurt much at all, I may not even touch the Vicodin at this rate but damn, a glass of a fruity full bodied white would hit the spot right now. This from a red drinker!

2014 - 20 Btl. Fjellene (10 bot), Urraca Chard (10 bot)
Last purchase: 5/3/14

2013 - 75 btl. 2012 - 98 btl. 2011 - 112 btl. 2010 - 30 btl.
My Cellar

mommadeb1


quality posts: 18 Private Messages mommadeb1
cmaldoon wrote:Worst part about having holes drilled into your head: The doctors and Pharmacists frown heavily upon having wine for days thereafter.

My recent history is now thus:
1) staying with g/fs family for 2 days, no wine because they don't really drink
2) dancing event for 3 days, not much wine ( a bit of sangria) because dancing drunk isn't nice to your partners
3) minor case of the flu for 2 days brought on by lack of sleep from dance event. Can't smell, can't have alcohol with Tylenol which is all I was allowed to take before...
4) Dr Yank-em took out the 80% of tooth #75 that was left, drilled ino my jaw, and inserted an 8mm titanium screw to be the anchor for my new #20 tooth that I won't get for 2 months because this has to heal first.

Luckily it doesn't hurt much at all, I may not even touch the Vicodin at this rate but damn, a glass of a fruity full bodied white would hit the spot right now. This from a red drinker!



that sucks!! Hope you can enjoy some yummy wine soon!

klezman


quality posts: 130 Private Messages klezman
cmaldoon wrote:2) dancing event for 3 days, not much wine ( a bit of sangria) because dancing drunk isn't nice to your partners



Which dance event? I've got a single neuron telling me you two were into Lindy.

2014: 42 bottles. Last wine.woot: 2012 Iron Horse Estate Chardonnay
2013: 66 bottles, 2012: 91 bottles, 2011: 92 bottles, 2010: 74 bottles, 2009: 30 bottles, 2008: 3 bottles My CT

cmaldoon


quality posts: 62 Private Messages cmaldoon
klezman wrote:Which dance event? I've got a single neuron telling me you two were into Lindy.



Blues Fusion. The event was the yearly fusion exchange. This year it was LVFX, Las Vegas.

Dance classes for 6 hours during the day then DJs or live band in 3 different halls from 9 pm to 5 am each night. Repeat for 3 days. Tons of fun but wears on the immune system. I danced to 3:30, 1:00, 4:00 the three nights.

2014 - 20 Btl. Fjellene (10 bot), Urraca Chard (10 bot)
Last purchase: 5/3/14

2013 - 75 btl. 2012 - 98 btl. 2011 - 112 btl. 2010 - 30 btl.
My Cellar

cortot20


quality posts: 159 Private Messages cortot20

I was curious to see if any other wine.wooters/gamers were playing through Xcom right now? I am seriously digging it and it seems to hit the sweet spot of several genres.

Its also to fun to name your soldiers after your family and friends and then inform them of their soldiers untimely death in battle.

CT

chemvictim


quality posts: 3 Private Messages chemvictim
cmaldoon wrote:
Luckily it doesn't hurt much at all, I may not even touch the Vicodin at this rate but damn, a glass of a fruity full bodied white would hit the spot right now. This from a red drinker!



From personal (well, my huband's) experience, save the Vicodin for an unspecified time when you really need them.

HitAnyKey42


quality posts: 29 Private Messages HitAnyKey42
MarkDaSpark wrote:My old HTC T-Mobile G2 usually only held the charge for about a day or less (thus the USB portable charger), but my new Galaxy S3 lasts a good long time (2 days), but the USB portable charger that fully recharged the G2 only does a partial charge for the S3.



What type of portable charger do you have? Groupon Goods has a Veho Pebble Smartstick for $19 ($45 list), so I'm curious if it's even worth getting. Not that I think I'll have any issues with being able to charge via the normal methods (wall/car/computer), but since you mentioned it and this thing showed up in my email this morning I figured it was worth looking into.

Also, are there any specific covers that people like for their S3's? My coworker also just got an S3 and he got this cover which looks pretty good. I haven't yet spent much time looking at any others yet.

My Cellar
In a Glorious Marriage.Woot with cheron98
NYC Tastings

klezman


quality posts: 130 Private Messages klezman
HitAnyKey42 wrote:Also, are there any specific covers that people like for their S3's? My coworker also just got an S3 and he got this cover which looks pretty good. I haven't yet spent much time looking at any others yet.



Why would you ruin a perfectly nice smartphone with a cover?

2014: 42 bottles. Last wine.woot: 2012 Iron Horse Estate Chardonnay
2013: 66 bottles, 2012: 91 bottles, 2011: 92 bottles, 2010: 74 bottles, 2009: 30 bottles, 2008: 3 bottles My CT

HitAnyKey42


quality posts: 29 Private Messages HitAnyKey42
klezman wrote:Why would you ruin a perfectly nice smartphone with a cover?



I might or I might not. Still undecided. It is a pretty blue phone (wish they had purple ), so I am hesitant to cover it. But it would be nice to have some better protection on it.
I know I at least need to buy the stick-on screen covers as soon as I can before I scratch the actual phone screen. I'm sure I can get them cheap somewhere. Just gotta search around and find the cheapest spot.

My Cellar
In a Glorious Marriage.Woot with cheron98
NYC Tastings

klezman


quality posts: 130 Private Messages klezman
HitAnyKey42 wrote:I might or I might not. Still undecided. It is a pretty blue phone (wish they had purple ), so I am hesitant to cover it. But it would be nice to have some better protection on it.
I know I at least need to buy the stick-on screen covers as soon as I can before I scratch the actual phone screen. I'm sure I can get them cheap somewhere. Just gotta search around and find the cheapest spot.



The only way I managed to scratch the screen on my 1.75 year old Samsung smartphone was getting into a car accident and having it mushed up against the rocks. Don't put it in the same pocket as your keys and you'll be fine.

2014: 42 bottles. Last wine.woot: 2012 Iron Horse Estate Chardonnay
2013: 66 bottles, 2012: 91 bottles, 2011: 92 bottles, 2010: 74 bottles, 2009: 30 bottles, 2008: 3 bottles My CT

MarkDaSpark


quality posts: 187 Private Messages MarkDaSpark
cortot20 wrote:I was curious to see if any other wine.wooters/gamers were playing through Xcom right now? I am seriously digging it and it seems to hit the sweet spot of several genres.

Its also to fun to name your soldiers after your family and friends and then inform them of their soldiers untimely death in battle.



Got it for Xmas, but haven't loaded it yet.


Someone has to put WD's kids thru college, but why does it have to be me!
*This post is for purposes of enabling only, and does not constitute any promise of helping pay for said enabling. It does indicate willingness to assist in drinking said wine.

MarkDaSpark


quality posts: 187 Private Messages MarkDaSpark
HitAnyKey42 wrote:What type of portable charger do you have? Groupon Goods has a Veho Pebble Smartstick for $19 ($45 list), so I'm curious if it's even worth getting. Not that I think I'll have any issues with being able to charge via the normal methods (wall/car/computer), but since you mentioned it and this thing showed up in my email this morning I figured it was worth looking into.

Also, are there any specific covers that people like for their S3's? My coworker also just got an S3 and he got this cover which looks pretty good. I haven't yet spent much time looking at any others yet.



It was a T-mobile one. I did buy some of the Kodak ones, but they didn't fully charge the old phone. It's handy to have something to charge the phone if an outlet (or your chargers) aren't available.

It's handy because the connectors went into the unit, unlike the Kodak one, where I had to have the short connector with it.


As to cases, I went with the Incipio Silicrylic in Turquoise. Which has worked well, since I've dropped my phone a couple of times, and it has saved the phone.


Edit: I did break my SINWWBM (Non-Wine Woot) and picked up the uNu 5,000 Battery Pack.


Someone has to put WD's kids thru college, but why does it have to be me!
*This post is for purposes of enabling only, and does not constitute any promise of helping pay for said enabling. It does indicate willingness to assist in drinking said wine.

MarkDaSpark


quality posts: 187 Private Messages MarkDaSpark
klezman wrote:Why would you ruin a perfectly nice smartphone with a cover?



So it doesn't break when you drop it.


Someone has to put WD's kids thru college, but why does it have to be me!
*This post is for purposes of enabling only, and does not constitute any promise of helping pay for said enabling. It does indicate willingness to assist in drinking said wine.

joelsisk


quality posts: 10 Private Messages joelsisk

x-post from CdY thread

Chateau d'Yquem, 2005, 750ml, $189 @ invino

tenuki


quality posts: 7 Private Messages tenuki
MarkDaSpark wrote:Got it for Xmas, but haven't loaded it yet.



Same, I bought it, but haven't installed yet. Heard good things though.

CT

canonizer


quality posts: 22 Private Messages canonizer
klezman wrote:Why would you ruin a perfectly nice smartphone with a cover?



I have the cover that came with my hyperion extendo battery (samsung galaxy nexus). It's necessary to keep the back in place. In any event, it is usually with my keys and the screen does not have any significant marks in over a year.

signed.

klezman


quality posts: 130 Private Messages klezman
cmaldoon wrote:Blues Fusion. The event was the yearly fusion exchange. This year it was LVFX, Las Vegas.

Dance classes for 6 hours during the day then DJs or live band in 3 different halls from 9 pm to 5 am each night. Repeat for 3 days. Tons of fun but wears on the immune system. I danced to 3:30, 1:00, 4:00 the three nights.



I miss going to those things, but of the WCS variety. Gotta get molarchae dancing more!

2014: 42 bottles. Last wine.woot: 2012 Iron Horse Estate Chardonnay
2013: 66 bottles, 2012: 91 bottles, 2011: 92 bottles, 2010: 74 bottles, 2009: 30 bottles, 2008: 3 bottles My CT