WootBot

quality posts: 15 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

Poll: Can you have wine at your job?
  • 57.7% - No. Not even a drop. 572
  • 17.5% - Yes, but not much. Like, nobody would really care about a glass over lunch. 173
  • 3.4% - Yes, and often! I do so much they couldn’t POSSIBLY fire ME! 34
  • 2.4% - Yes, for a living. I’m in the industry. 24
  • 19% - I could, but I don’t. But I could. 188
991 votes

Well, how do you fare compared to the Zeitgeist? Chat up your fellow wooters and let us know how lame this poll was or what obvious choices we missed. For example: Was this poll a) STUPID, b) DUMB, c) POINTLESS or d) ALL OF THE ABOVE?

coynedj

quality posts: 7 Private Messages coynedj

I can have it here, but I can't drink it here.

I started out on Burgundy but soon hit the harder stuff. Bob Dylan, Just Like Tom Thumb's Blues

How on earth did I get 7 QPs?

orianagb90

quality posts: 0 Private Messages orianagb90

I'm a stay at home mom...I thought it was a job requirement daily?!?!

crystalrose629

quality posts: 2 Private Messages crystalrose629
orianagb90 wrote:I'm a stay at home mom...I thought it was a job requirement daily?!?!

I'm right there with you. It's 5 o'clock somewhere!

olperfesser

quality posts: 2 Private Messages olperfesser

It varied. When I worked for an airline, no way. The company was bought out by a European company, and they supplied the wine. Then we became part of the Ross Perot company, wine was off the table again. After another buyout, I retired, and I can have wine anytime...

a04971xx

quality posts: 0 Private Messages a04971xx

I am a beer brewer so I have to sample to test the quality of the product. It is very scientific, really.

weboddity

quality posts: 3 Private Messages weboddity

Company policy says no, unless you are authorized by a very high-level manager. No one I've ever asked has heard of an occasion where it was authorized. We can't even transport alcohol in a company vehicle.

I work for a private utility company, but because we transport natural gas we are subjected to random Department of Transportation testing. Needless to say I've never had so much as a kombucha while on shift.

kmagt

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kmagt

CEO of my own company (Retired) so it's OK.

UBlink

quality posts: 19 Private Messages UBlink
weboddity wrote:Company policy says no, unless you are authorized by a very high-level manager. No one I've ever asked has heard of an occasion where it was authorized. We can't even transport alcohol in a company vehicle.

I work for a private utility company, but because we transport natural gas we are subjected to random Department of Transportation testing. Needless to say I've never had so much as a kombucha while on shift.

I used to work for a natural gas compression company. Not only was there no alcohol at lunch, we had training telling how long it took the previous night's consumption to wear off. If you were out drinking until 2:00 don't show up for work at 7:00.

Following the eight word profile, political economy in eight words:
Ain't no free lunch - them what has gets.

mstein609

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mstein609

We're not even allowed to have alcoholic beverages on company property in an unopened container. Technically, it would be a violation to buy a bottle of wine at lunch to be drunk at home with dinner, and bring it back in the trunk of my car.