ratnikov

quality posts: 11 Private Messages ratnikov

Can you put me as a maybe? I'd like an address ping as well, if possible.

Itwdswafo

quality posts: 7 Private Messages Itwdswafo

Itwdswafo

Itwdswafo

Cupcakes are made and frosted! While I personally was a little judgmental about them, the room mates pulled everything the ganache touched out of the dirty dish pile and licked them clean. Can't wait to hear the thoughts tomorrow!

darlenee1

quality posts: 7 Private Messages darlenee1

Hi everyone! It seems I've caught a nasty cold from my husband, I woke up with a very sore throat and stuffy nose. I don't want to expose you lovely people to these germs, so I'm going to sit this one out. I was looking forward to seeing my old friends and making some new ones Have a lovely night, I'll keep watching the boards for the next tasting!

Ran out of room for the wines, and can't think of a good quote for now

Itwdswafo

Sorry to hear that! Cheers to a quick recovery!

iByron

quality posts: 40 Private Messages iByron

+1 is coming in directly from a gig in Delaware, so we may be a tad late. But we'll be there!

Looking forward to seeing you all!

iByron's iCellar (I'm a reciprocal CT Cellar Buddy)

Your Private WIneaux

Itwdswafo

Cesare

quality posts: 1597 Private Messages Cesare

Thinking of some dry sherries
Herederos de Argüeso Jerez-Xérès-Sherry Manzanilla
Pérez Barquero Montilla-Moriles Gran Barquero

Helpful article
Pairing Sherry with Food

-il Cesare
Sole Absolute Triple
Exalted High Tastemaster Supreme
“In the entire world there are only a few sounds that bring joy to all but the most jaded. One is the murmur of a kitten purring. Another is the thwack of a well-pitched baseball hitting a perfectly swung bat. And the third is the pop of a cork being pulled from a bottle of wine.” —George Taber

mikegberg

quality posts: 56 Private Messages mikegberg

Have fun guys. Still at work, then need to head straight home. However, since this former host was never added to the initial post as either an attending, a maybe, or a regret, I'm guessing no one's going to miss me. (sniff)

Seriously, though, hoping to catch up next time. We'll put our names in as hosts again once our kids stop wrecking the house.

"There are more old wine drinkers than old doCTors." -François Rabelais

ratnikov

quality posts: 11 Private Messages ratnikov

My +1 and I may be slightly late.

We are brining a german icewine and an apple icewine from Finger lakes.

Itwdswafo

mikegberg wrote:Have fun guys. Still at work, then need to head straight home. However, since this former host was never added to the initial post as either an attending, a maybe, or a regret, I'm guessing no one's going to miss me. (sniff)

Seriously, though, hoping to catch up next time. We'll put our names in as hosts again once our kids stop wrecking the house.

Sorry, sometimes things get away from me! Hope to see you next time!

cheron98

quality posts: 123 Private Messages cheron98

We're on our way. Experiencing traffic delays, so will be mildly... late to the party.

I saw HitAnyKey42 on wine.woot! and clicked "I want one!"

Itwdswafo

Nyuck, nyuck, nyuck.

kttest

quality posts: 2 Private Messages kttest

Thanks Itwdswafo for a lovely evening and delicious cupcakes! We had a great time and it was fun to see everyone again...until next time!

- Krista
"Wine is the most civilized thing in the world." -Ernest Hemingway.
NYC Tastings Summary courtesy of HAK

cheron98

quality posts: 123 Private Messages cheron98

Pineapple lifesavers.

And that's all I have to say.

I saw HitAnyKey42 on wine.woot! and clicked "I want one!"

Kao1138

quality posts: 30 Private Messages Kao1138

I can't believe I missed this. I haven't been on these boards in forever and long since stopped paying attention to the calendar. Serves me right, please tell me that this was successful enough to do another NY desert themed meetup sometime in the future though.

InFrom

quality posts: 31 Private Messages InFrom
Kao1138 wrote:I can't believe I missed this. I haven't been on these boards in forever and long since stopped paying attention to the calendar. Serves me right, please tell me that this was successful enough to do another NY desert themed meetup sometime in the future though.

I'm in!