WootBot

quality posts: 14 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

Ah, Look At All The Lonely Pinot

In between darning your socks and picking up rice, you need a few drops of the good stuff, right? Check out our Pinots below. We'll even ship them to here, there and everywhere that isn't on our prohibited list!

Quality Posts

Cesare

quality posts: 1615 Private Messages Cesare

Ah, Look At All The Lonely Pinot

So Be It 2009 Pinot Noir 6-Pack
$74.99 (Normally $138.25) 46% off List Price
2009 So Be It Pinot Noir

Expression 44° Pinot Noir Randomly-Selected 2-Pack
$54.99 (Normally $114.85) 52% off List Price
2007 Expression 44° Pinot Noir Eola-Amity Hills
2007 Pinot Noir, Zena Crown Vineyard
2007 Pinot Noir, Roserock Vineyard

Plush Willamette Valley Reserve Pinot Noir 4-Pack
$94.99 (Normally $221.65) 57% off List Price
2010 Plush Reserve Pinot Noir, Willamette Valley, Oregon

De Tierra Vineyards 2007 Pinot Noir 4-Pack
$71.99 (Normally $126.04) 43% off List Price
2007 Pinot Noir, Monterey
2007 Pinot Noir Silacci Vineyard, Monterey

-il Cesare
Sole Absolute Triple
Exalted High Tastemaster Supreme
“In the entire world there are only a few sounds that bring joy to all but the most jaded. One is the murmur of a kitten purring. Another is the thwack of a well-pitched baseball hitting a perfectly swung bat. And the third is the pop of a cork being pulled from a bottle of wine.” —George Taber

inkycatz

quality posts: 105 Private Messages inkycatz

I see some familiar names... review time?

I'm just hanging out, really.

michaelvella

quality posts: 12 Private Messages michaelvella

Got the 2007 4-Pack based on the description. Be interesting to hear from others as well.
I'm starting to really enjoy the Pinot's but my wife loves them and the description on those is exactly the style she likes.

kylemittskus

quality posts: 230 Private Messages kylemittskus

I literally have 4 375s of PN and that's it. I could really use some, but I can't stand cheap PN (probably the worst cheap varietal). I need reviews, people!

"If drinking is bitter, change yourself to wine." -Rainer Maria Rilke

"Champagne is a very kind and friendly thing on a rainy night." -Isak Dinesen

cortot20

quality posts: 139 Private Messages cortot20
kylemittskus wrote:I literally have 4 375s of PN and that's it. I could really use some, but I can't stand cheap PN (probably the worst cheap varietal). I need reviews, people!

I was looking for more good budget pinot as well. I only have 2 bottles in the cellar, 1 of which will be enjoyed with a roasted turkey this weekend.

Anyone tried the So Be It?

CT

loreelu

quality posts: 4 Private Messages loreelu

I purchased some of the plush a while back, and we just finished that last week. Unfortunately, I don't know how to talk about wine, other than to say that I liked rot. The flavor seemed complex, fruity... More layers than I normally taste. I'll have to check with HWMBO to see if we need more.

Much delayed edit: I just noticed that I said "I liked rot." I meant to say "I liked it." Sorry for the embarrassing typo.

tzarfoss

quality posts: 0 Private Messages tzarfoss
kylemittskus wrote:I literally have 4 375s of PN and that's it. I could really use some, but I can't stand cheap PN (probably the worst cheap varietal). I need reviews, people!

I purchased (2) 2006 Expression Pinot Noir 44° Willakia from wine.woot in October and wish I'd maxed it out. They were terrific for $26 http://wine.woot.com/offers/expression-44-pinot-noir-2-3

These are '07's but the cellartracker notes on them all seem to be good

Roserock Vineyard https://www.cellartracker.com/wine.asp?iWine=953362

Zena Crown Vineyard https://www.cellartracker.com/wine.asp?iWine=1062827

Eola - Amity Hills https://www.cellartracker.com/wine.asp?iWine=1073457

However, the valuations on cellartracker for the bottles seem to be a little less than what wine.woot is selling them for, which means I typically don't pull the trigger.

EDIT: If I was guaranteed a Roserock for each pair, I'd be in for 2 but the fact that it's "random" is maddening

samuelcoelho

quality posts: 6 Private Messages samuelcoelho

It's Plush Pinot noir Reserve form the Willamette Valley, Oregon!

Tasting wonderfully, and really starting to show bright fruity characters and earthy tones. 2010 will continue to develop and we can see that since the release.

Yum Yum Yum... If you don't drink Pinot noir, this is a great way to start, especially for under $25/bottle discounted from $50.

SC

losthighwayz

quality posts: 59 Private Messages losthighwayz
cortot20 wrote:I was looking for more good budget pinot as well. I only have 2 bottles in the cellar, 1 of which will be enjoyed with a roasted turkey this weekend.

Anyone tried the So Be It?

I bought the SoBeIt last time it was offered. I did not take detailed notes but if you are willing to wait until tomorrow ill go ahead and pop one and report back. I do remmber not thninking much of it at first (a bit to tart for me) and enjoyed the Swami pinot way more for the same price point. However, the second bottle grew on me and I recall enjoying it

"The older I get the better I was"

mc3318

quality posts: 1 Private Messages mc3318

Don't hesitate, and snatch this one up! One of my favorite wine.woots to date, I'm in for 3. And I hear this may be the last of the vintage, so get it while you can. I'm asking my friends to buy some, in order to prolong the enjoyment

kylemittskus

quality posts: 230 Private Messages kylemittskus
mc3318 wrote:Don't hesitate, and snatch this one up! One of my favorite wine.woots to date, I'm in for 3. And I hear this may be the last of the vintage, so get it while you can. I'm asking my friends to buy some, in order to prolong the enjoyment

Which wine are you talking about? I assume the Expression?

"If drinking is bitter, change yourself to wine." -Rainer Maria Rilke

"Champagne is a very kind and friendly thing on a rainy night." -Isak Dinesen

greyday

quality posts: 52 Private Messages greyday

Plush and Expression are both quite good; between the two I'd easily go with the Plush, it's some of the best PNW pinot I've had (especially for the price).

EDIT TO ADD: source on both is previous woot sales and living in oregon for eleven years...

detierravineyard

quality posts: 5 Private Messages detierravineyard

Hello, We hope that you will truly enjoy our 07 Pinot Noirs

They are very true to the varietal and reflect our terroir very purely. You might be interested to know that we are SIP certified (Sustainable in Practice) and take our responsibility to both the environment and our vineyard staff very seriously.

Please enjoy and thank you! De Tierra Vineyards

klezman

quality posts: 122 Private Messages klezman

Kyle (and everybody), the Expressions 44 is excellent. I had a heat damaged shipment back in the summer so I popped one while waiting for the replacement. It was delicious, notwithstanding the heat bruising. Well made, nice structure, decent complexity and definitely PN. If I was buying wine right now I'd get more of that.

2014: 28 bottles. Last wine.woot: Scott Harvey Red Re-Mix
2013: 66 bottles, 2012: 91 bottles, 2011: 92 bottles, 2010: 74 bottles, 2009: 30 bottles, 2008: 3 bottles My CT

kaolis

quality posts: 27 Private Messages kaolis

I went through a six pack or so of the 2005 De Tierra Silacci and really enjoyed it, my only experience with the winery. Serious pinot on the red fruit side of the spectrum. I bought them shortly after release and drank the last one maybe six months ago and that last bottle was still drinking great, in fact probably drank the others too soon.

Found this review of '07 Silacci from International Wine Review:

93 points
This magnificent Pinot Noir is crafted with special fruit from
the Salacci Vineyard situated just north of the Santa Lucia
Highlands. Medium ruby in color, it offers aromas of dark
red cherry and cedar. Aged in 35% new oak, it is elegant
and refined on the palate with purity of fruit, good acidity,
fine tannins and a very long finish.

IWR also gave the regular bottling De Tierra 90 points.....

fwiw

Cheers!

bsevern

quality posts: 109 Private Messages bsevern

Have had both the Plush and the So Be It....both are very good. The So Be It is a serious value play, great QPR. I posted my tasting notes on them on the original offering.

richardhod

quality posts: 261 Private Messages richardhod
tzarfoss wrote:I purchased (2) 2006 Expression Pinot Noir 44° Willakia from wine.woot in October and wish I'd maxed it out. They were terrific for $26 http://wine.woot.com/offers/expression-44-pinot-noir-2-3

These are '07's but the cellartracker notes on them all seem to be good

Roserock Vineyard https://www.cellartracker.com/wine.asp?iWine=953362

Zena Crown Vineyard https://www.cellartracker.com/wine.asp?iWine=1062827

Eola - Amity Hills https://www.cellartracker.com/wine.asp?iWine=1073457

However, the valuations on cellartracker for the bottles seem to be a little less than what wine.woot is selling them for, which means I typically don't pull the trigger.

EDIT: If I was guaranteed a Roserock for each pair, I'd be in for 2 but the fact that it's "random" is maddening

Some of my favourite PNs! The problem is that the white label sells in the market for $25 retail, while the others retail for more like $45+ so this is only a deal if you get both single-vineyard black labels. Not a great discount!

richardhod

greyday wrote:Plush and Expression are both quite good; between the two I'd easily go with the Plush, it's some of the best PNW pinot I've had (especially for the price).

EDIT TO ADD: source on both is previous woot sales and living in oregon for eleven years...

What's the style on the plush? It looks to be quite an "Easy" california, maybe RR-style, but not OTT black Cabernet-drinker's PN. Can you give us some more review as to its acidity, the colour of the fruit, length etc?
thanks!

itsernst

quality posts: 1 Private Messages itsernst

What are the chances of black label versus white label in the random pack?

itsernst

quality posts: 1 Private Messages itsernst

Also, of the four choices, which would fellow wootonians recommend? SWMBO is a huge Pinot fan, so if I screw this up it may be my last woot ever...kidding...but not really.

samuelcoelho

richardhod wrote:What's the style on the plush? It looks to be quite an "Easy" california, maybe RR-style, but not OTT black Cabernet-drinker's PN. Can you give us some more review as to its acidity, the colour of the fruit, length etc?
thanks!

The Plush Piont has bright clean acidity, bright red fruits (velvety cherry), earthy tones and hints of spice (pepper). RR is safe but you'll definitely know its WV Oregon. The nose is rich, medium body and a solid finish.

SC

samuelcoelho

kylemittskus wrote:Which wine are you talking about? I assume the Expression?

The Plush Pinot noir of course!

Thanks Michelle for loving our wines!

SC

samuelcoelho

samuelcoelho wrote:The Plush Piont has bright clean acidity, bright red fruits (velvety cherry), earthy tones and hints of spice (pepper). RR is safe but you'll definitely know its WV Oregon. The nose is rich, medium body and a solid finish.

SC

You'll also pick up a little mushroom, we've been enjoying this wine with lamb and robust cheeses lately.

hanchyang

quality posts: 1 Private Messages hanchyang
richardhod wrote:Some of my favourite PNs! The problem is that the white label sells in the market for $25 retail, while the others retail for more like $45+ so this is only a deal if you get both single-vineyard black labels. Not a great discount!

If you're a fan of the Expression wines, here's an amazing deal that I got in my email straight from the winery:

Our “Stock Up on 2-Packs” sale is officially extended for one more week!

Now through January 14th, your choice of: Expression 44º 2006 Willakia Vineyard Pinot Noir, Expression 44º 2007 Roserock Vineyard Pinot Noir or Expression 38º 2008 Gap’s Crown Vineyard Chardonnay are $47.99 per 2-pack + $5 ground shipping.

The regular list price of the wines included start at $45 per bottle.

When you order 2 or more 2-packs – you save even more:

For 2 to 3 2-Packs, the price per pack is $42.99
For 4 to 5 2-Packs, the price per pack is $37.99
For 6 or more 2-packs, the price per pack is just $32.99!

Just a few cases of these highly rated wines remain - so be sure to reserve your packs soon…

We look forward to hearing from you!

Cheers,

Megan

Megan O'Donnell Furth

Direct Sales & Wine Club Manager

Expression | TETRA

(p) 707-226-8569 x 115

(f) 707-226-2753

(e) megan@expressionwine.com | megan@tetrawine.com

tzarfoss

hanchyang wrote:

Wow Thanks! I'd love to get this deal!

How does one?

EDIT: ahh, I assume it's only for wine club members

cheesed00dle

quality posts: 2 Private Messages cheesed00dle

Ok, I tried asking support, but apparently there's nobody there, so I'll ask here: Anyone else in NJ try to buy this? The text says it will ship to me, but then I get a scary red message on the next page saying it won't...

edit: the Expression 44°, specifically.

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 565 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

cheesed00dle wrote:Ok, I tried asking support, but apparently there's nobody there, so I'll ask here: Anyone else in NJ try to buy this? The text says it will ship to me, but then I get a scary red message on the next page saying it won't...

edit: the Expression 44°, specifically.

Checking! Please hold.

Update: Sorry but NJ is not allowed for that sale. It was a last minute change that got made in one place but not the other. I apologize for the frustration.

FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

hanchyang

quality posts: 1 Private Messages hanchyang
tzarfoss wrote:Wow Thanks! I'd love to get this deal!

How does one?

EDIT: ahh, I assume it's only for wine club members

No, it's not just for wine club members--at least, I'm not a wine club member. I had received a flyer in the mail last month for this and ordered 2 bottles of the Roserock and got them within 2 weeks on the East Coast. If you just e-mail or call Megan, I suspect you'll get the deal.

cheesed00dle

quality posts: 2 Private Messages cheesed00dle
ThunderThighs wrote:Checking! Please hold.

Update: Sorry but NJ is not allowed for that sale. It was a last minute change that got made in one place but not the other. I apologize for the frustration.

Oh. Bummer. Well, thanks anyway for taking care of it!

richardhod

samuelcoelho wrote:The Plush Piont has bright clean acidity, bright red fruits (velvety cherry), earthy tones and hints of spice (pepper). RR is safe but you'll definitely know its WV Oregon. The nose is rich, medium body and a solid finish.

SC

Ah thank you! I missed that they were from Oregon too! not used to so many Oregon ones at the same time! great news there.

rejiii

quality posts: 2 Private Messages rejiii

Come on Woot, bring on some different wine. You've been pushing these for several days.

tzarfoss

hanchyang wrote:No, it's not just for wine club members--at least, I'm not a wine club member. I had received a flyer in the mail last month for this and ordered 2 bottles of the Roserock and got them within 2 weeks on the East Coast. If you just e-mail or call Megan, I suspect you'll get the deal.

Thank You so much for this info!

I should have 4 Roserocks by this time next week!

ibexscribe

quality posts: 7 Private Messages ibexscribe

I am so glad I purchased the De Tierra PN when it was offered here. While I don't have a refined wine tasting vocabulary, I have to say this was the perfect purchase for me. I've had one of each bottle and both were great. The taste is full and smooth and is more or less exactly what I want in a wine. The description sounded like what I would like, and I would say it's true to the description.

neilfindswine

quality posts: 170 Private Messages neilfindswine

Guest Blogger

ibexscribe wrote:I am so glad I purchased the De Tierra PN when it was offered here. While I don't have a refined wine tasting vocabulary, I have to say this was the perfect purchase for me. I've had one of each bottle and both were great. The taste is full and smooth and is more or less exactly what I want in a wine. The description sounded like what I would like, and I would say it's true to the description.

Glad you enjoyed! I like their Pinots...

I report to winedavid39...
...I like getting PM's from wannabe rodents...