zTimothyBz

quality posts: 2 Private Messages zTimothyBz

[Special request: Please RSVP with dietary requirements, e.g.: gluten-free, vegan, etc., so I can accommodate while planning the food.]

Twelfth Night?!? You've heard "On the First Day of Christmas...", right? Well this is the 12th. The OED says that it is traditionally "observed as a time of merrymaking."

So if you can handle some merrymaking, come to my house and drink my wine... or Sparky's wine, depending on how much he smuggles in. Perhaps this will be a good time to contrast the traditional Mumm Napa with the Extended Tirage.

The theme this year is "All That Glitters...". Start time is 6pm.

The crowd will likely be the usual mix of massage therapists, actors, musicians, dancers and engineers... "Party pieces" encouraged. Feel free to bring a musical instrument (piano and harp already here) and a fascinating friend.

I'll be making some food - and there will be wine and absinthe - so bringing stuff is optional - but still happy to accept offerings of food, flowers or poetry.

Location is Lakewood - near Long Beach. PM for directions.

Official holder of unofficial, unauthorized, non-woot gatherings.
My cellar

klezman

quality posts: 119 Private Messages klezman

molarchae and I are in the "likely" column. Woot!

2014: 28 bottles. Last wine.woot: Scott Harvey Red Re-Mix
2013: 66 bottles, 2012: 91 bottles, 2011: 92 bottles, 2010: 74 bottles, 2009: 30 bottles, 2008: 3 bottles My CT

bhodilee

quality posts: 32 Private Messages bhodilee

I really want to make one of these parties.

"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it."

– George Bernard Shaw, author (1856-1950)

polarbear22

quality posts: 35 Private Messages polarbear22

Have a great time. Are you going to webcast again? Only caught a little once, but the music was great. Wish I was close enough to attend.

Polar bears are meant to be clever, very clever. They are the Einsteins of the bear community. - Anonymous
Please donate to the 2014 MS Bike Ride
Want to read what SonomaBouliste has to say about wine?
Ddeuddeg Cheesecake Cookbook
My Cellar

cortot20

quality posts: 131 Private Messages cortot20
bhodilee wrote:I really want to make one of these parties.

Why don't you send some of your poetry to Tim and he'll make sure it gets featured at the party.

CT

bhodilee

quality posts: 32 Private Messages bhodilee
cortot20 wrote:Why don't you send some of your poetry to Tim and he'll make sure it gets featured at the party.

I may have just peed myself from laughing. I fail at all things poetry.

"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it."

– George Bernard Shaw, author (1856-1950)

cortot20

quality posts: 131 Private Messages cortot20
bhodilee wrote:I may have just peed myself from laughing. I fail at all things poetry.

Well there is only Good poetry and Great poetry so it never hurts to try.

CT

UBlink

quality posts: 18 Private Messages UBlink
bhodilee wrote:I may have just peed myself from laughing. I fail at all things poetry.

Just make sure your poetry references peeing yourself - it's only up from there.

Following the eight word profile, political economy in eight words:
Ain't no free lunch - them what has gets.

zTimothyBz

cortot20 wrote:Well there is only Good poetry and Great poetry so it never hurts to try.

What about Vogon poetry?

My cellar

zTimothyBz

By the way, if you have champagne flutes or saucers you like to use, please bring them - I plan on opening a bit of Mumm...

My cellar

klezman

We are a bit delayed...baking will be the limiting factor on our departure time.

2013: 66 bottles, 2012: 91 bottles, 2011: 92 bottles, 2010: 74 bottles, 2009: 30 bottles, 2008: 3 bottles My CT

rjquillin

quality posts: 169 Private Messages rjquillin

Come on guys, make me sorry I'm not there..

CT

MarkDaSpark

quality posts: 174 Private Messages MarkDaSpark
rjquillin wrote:Come on guys, make me sorry I'm not there..

I know I'm sorry I can't make it. Feeling horrible right now, going to bed early.

Edit: And I ran down specifically today to grab a Wellington 2006 Port and Jana Ice. Although maybe I should have used the car??

Someone has to put WD's kids thru college, but why does it have to be me!
*This post is for purposes of enabling only, and does not constitute any promise of helping pay for said enabling. It does indicate willingness to assist in drinking said wine.

zTimothyBz

The varietal on the Wyken White was "Bacchus".

My cellar

polarbear22

quality posts: 35 Private Messages polarbear22
zTimothyBz wrote:The varietal on the Wyken White was "Bacchus".

Is that from England? I think I had it there.

EDIT: Looked it up. I had Wyken Sonata, which was Bacchus.

Polar bears are meant to be clever, very clever. They are the Einsteins of the bear community. - Anonymous
Please donate to the 2014 MS Bike Ride
Want to read what SonomaBouliste has to say about wine?
Ddeuddeg Cheesecake Cookbook
My Cellar

klezman

zTimothyBz wrote:The varietal on the Wyken White was "Bacchus".

Nice. Defnitely a new varietal for the century club (which never responded to my application from several months ago!)