Martellotto Wines Wanderlust Tempranillo 4-Pack
$69.99 (Normally $119.76) 42% off List Price
2010 Santa Ynez Valley Tempranillo
CT link above

Winery website

-il Cesare
Sole Absolute Triple
Exalted High Tastemaster Supreme
“In the entire world there are only a few sounds that bring joy to all but the most jaded. One is the murmur of a kitten purring. Another is the thwack of a well-pitched baseball hitting a perfectly swung bat. And the third is the pop of a cork being pulled from a bottle of wine.” —George Taber

cortot20

quality posts: 136 Private Messages cortot20

I like Santa ynez wines and this looks interesting but the label is not a selling point.

CT

cmaldoon

quality posts: 62 Private Messages cmaldoon

I wonder: is wanderlust a second label for martellotto? Unfortunately I can't check their site because it is built on flash and I'm on an iPad.

I find its interesting that there were 200 cases produced (2400 bottles) and that the bottles are numbered "of 1600". What happened to the other 800? I'll certainly be in if promised that my 4 bottles would be 2397-2400 of 1600!

Let me know!

2014 - 20 Btl. Fjellene (10 bot), Urraca Chard (10 bot)
Last purchase: 5/3/14

2013 - 75 btl. 2012 - 98 btl. 2011 - 112 btl. 2010 - 30 btl.
My Cellar

rjquillin

quality posts: 171 Private Messages rjquillin
cortot20 wrote:I like Santa ynez wines and this looks interesting but the label is not a selling point.

Agree, not the greatest artwork, neither was the Ardente steal, but I still don't drink the label, at least not yet.

CT

kylemittskus

quality posts: 229 Private Messages kylemittskus
rjquillin wrote:Agree, not the greatest artwork, neither was the Ardente steal, but I still don't drink the label, at least not yet.

Wait... Oh sh*t! I think I have been doing something very wrong for a very long time.

"If drinking is bitter, change yourself to wine." -Rainer Maria Rilke

"Champagne is a very kind and friendly thing on a rainy night." -Isak Dinesen

cortot20

quality posts: 136 Private Messages cortot20
rjquillin wrote:Agree, not the greatest artwork, neither was the Ardente steal, but I still don't drink the label, at least not yet.

Agreed, although I do consider it part of the whole package, and since it is the only part I can experience up front I will comment on it.

CT

meanjoeira

quality posts: 4 Private Messages meanjoeira

Y is for Yonic, 70s style. Take a deeper look at that label.

nealkb

quality posts: 13 Private Messages nealkb
meanjoeira wrote:Y is for Yonic, 70s style. Take a deeper look at that label.

Is that an OM on the four corners?

Neal K Bharadwaj

gjmonevine

quality posts: 6 Private Messages gjmonevine

HI There,
My name is Greg and I make the Wanderlust Tempranillo. I made 8 barrels/200 cases of Temp in 2010. From the 8 barrel lot, 6 barrels were used in this wine (hence the discrepancy you've noted in the number of bottles produced) Yes, this is a second label I produce for
http://oahu.wanderlustfestival.com/
Wanderlust is a Music, Yoga, and modern day woodstock/Lallapalooza event. Yes, it is an OM symbol in the corners of the label. Wanderlust happens at ski resorts around the world, and hence their design includes mountains, sky, their logo etc. Yes, the design is a bit nouveau retro.
The wine is spot on tempranillo with 1 barrel of new oak, produced with native yeasts, punched down twice daily and in barrels for about 12 months. It's a great wine for people who love Spanish wine, at a steal of a price.
greg

cmaldoon wrote:I wonder: is wanderlust a second label for martellotto? Unfortunately I can't check their site because it is built on flash and I'm on an iPad.

I find its interesting that there were 200 cases produced (2400 bottles) and that the bottles are numbered "of 1600". What happened to the other 800? I'll certainly be in if promised that my 4 bottles would be 2397-2400 of 1600!

Let me know!

bhodilee

quality posts: 32 Private Messages bhodilee
kylemittskus wrote:Wait... Oh sh*t! I think I have been doing something very wrong for a very long time.

ink, it's the ink, that explains SOOOO much that I've always wondered about.

"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it."

– George Bernard Shaw, author (1856-1950)

fogtower

quality posts: 1 Private Messages fogtower

I think Woot is going to loose me as a very good wine customer. Multiple emails regarding a wine issue to them over many weeks with never a single response except the automated ones. Looks like I'm going to need to charge back my credit card. Good one Woot, way to go.

kylemittskus

fogtower wrote:I think Woot is going to loose me as a very good wine customer. Multiple emails regarding a wine issue to them over many weeks with never a single response except the automated ones. Looks like I'm going to need to charge back my credit card. Good one Woot, way to go.

Check spam folder?

***Calling ThunderThighs/WD/Inky.***

"If drinking is bitter, change yourself to wine." -Rainer Maria Rilke

"Champagne is a very kind and friendly thing on a rainy night." -Isak Dinesen

fogtower

quality posts: 1 Private Messages fogtower
kylemittskus wrote:Check spam folder?

Will look. I get all the other emails Seems odd but I wil do some research. I have not had issues with their responses before but their systems seem a bit goofy. Like tracking that arrives after the wine does

Winedavid39

quality posts: 200 Private Messages Winedavid39

Guest Blogger

fogtower wrote:I think Woot is going to loose me as a very good wine customer. Multiple emails regarding a wine issue to them over many weeks with never a single response except the automated ones. Looks like I'm going to need to charge back my credit card. Good one Woot, way to go.

Sorry about this. can you PM me the low down on what happenned? i'll investigate further.

ROGETRAY

quality posts: 156 Private Messages ROGETRAY

Staff

Sorry for the late reply, I can forward your post onto Woot Member Services to see if they can help remedy the situation.

sincerely,
Forum Moderator

ROGETRAY

quality posts: 156 Private Messages ROGETRAY

Staff

kylemittskus wrote:Check spam folder?

or ME?! ;)

kylemittskus

ROGETRAY wrote:or ME?! ;)

Nope.