Staff

Poll: Wine on a picnic?
  • 21.5% - Always! 189
  • 19.5% - Sometimes! 172
  • 3.3% - Rarely! 29
  • 6.2% - Never! 55
  • 49.5% - Who goes on picnics in January? 436
881 votes

Well, how do you fare compared to the Zeitgeist? Chat up your fellow wooters and let us know how lame this poll was or what obvious choices we missed. For example: Was this poll a) STUPID, b) DUMB, c) POINTLESS or d) ALL OF THE ABOVE?

rprebel

quality posts: 14 Private Messages rprebel

New Zealanders, Argentinians, South Africans, the scientists in Antarctica... Okay, that last one's a stretch, but my point is that people in the southern hemisphere go on picnics in January because it's summer down there.

ambergreen

quality posts: 11 Private Messages ambergreen

Someone must have been influenced by the sun in Seattle today. FYI: Summer doesn't start for another 6 months...no picnicing around here anytime soon.

Wine for wine sake!

ardubu

quality posts: 8 Private Messages ardubu

Picnics are where you make them...and when.
Cold? build a fire.
Hot? Take off your clothes.
Love that Mediterranean climate!

Ah, the hell with it.

fuzzypeaches

quality posts: 10 Private Messages fuzzypeaches

I'm going on a picnic in about 30 minutes. I'm at work. My co-worker & I eat outside often. (Probably should mention that I'm in Daytona Beach, Florida) 75 degrees right now.

10 quality post! Whoo hoo! I'M SOMEBODY!!!

calicojack42

quality posts: 3 Private Messages calicojack42

I'm always concerned about the whole "Open containers in a public space" thing. The only place I imbibe outdoors is at the Shakespere Festival in Cold Springs, NY. It's private property, and BYOB is A-OK.

ddeuddeg

quality posts: 35 Private Messages ddeuddeg
calicojack42 wrote:I'm always concerned about the whole "Open containers in a public space" thing. The only place I imbibe outdoors is at the Shakespere Festival in Cold Springs, NY. It's private property, and BYOB is A-OK.

We have an outdoor Shakespeare festival in Buffalo, and technically drinking alcohol in public is a violation of the City Charter, but the authorities look the other way. We take full advantage of that fact.
Where is this Festival in Cold Springs? We'd love to pay a visit.

"Always keep a bottle of Champagne in the fridge for special occasions. Sometimes the special occasion is that you've got a bottle of Champagne in the fridge". - Hester Browne

Ddeuddeg's Cheesecake Cookbook

jawlz

quality posts: 12 Private Messages jawlz
calicojack42 wrote:I'm always concerned about the whole "Open containers in a public space" thing. The only place I imbibe outdoors is at the Shakespere Festival in Cold Springs, NY. It's private property, and BYOB is A-OK.

In my experience, with limited exceptions, most open container laws are not strongly enforced, and when they are they are enforced against a person who is otherwise proving to be a nuisance. I have never been bothered while picnicking with a half-bottle (A half-bottle just somehow seems more 'picnic appropriate' to me than a full bottle for some reason. YMMV.

Of course, you'll want to avoid picnicking in places where alcohol is actively and expressly prohibited in any case, but that is generally not too difficult to do.