bhodilee

quality posts: 32 Private Messages bhodilee
JOATMON wrote:Gribblesnarf. You made me go and have to log in...

The S4 will not be announced at CES next week; indications are that it'll be announced in April. Then, there will be a delay before the carriers in the US will actually make it available to us (the S3 was delayed several months in the US compared to the UK).

Based on that, the S3 will have a little more life in it.

Color choices are usually mandated by the carrier. AT&T has exclusive access to the red color for a while, for example; but I think other carriers are now getting it.

16GB vs. 32GB: I'm surprised the 32GB is available. Early indications were that no carrier in the US wanted to carry the 32GB, and Samsung was making noises about never actually manufacturing 32GB models. You can stick a 32GB SDHC card in the phone to bump up the memory, but the built-in memory and the additional memory will never act as a single memory space (BTW, I have seen indications that you can actually stick in a 64BG SDXC card and have it work, but I haven't tried that).

So June until I get my hands on an S4. Booooo. I can wait though, I'm in no real hurry.

"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it."

– George Bernard Shaw, author (1856-1950)

bhodilee

quality posts: 32 Private Messages bhodilee
JOATMON wrote:Yeah. A word totally made up by me to indicate disgust, disbelief, or disappointment. Benign placeholder for stronger words.

Yes well, is it wrong if it brought me joy to inadvertantly bait you into logging in?

"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it."

– George Bernard Shaw, author (1856-1950)

mommadeb1

quality posts: 18 Private Messages mommadeb1
ERMD wrote:Well my wife gave me my New Years resolution of tracking my wine and looking for an app for my iPad. She even said she will help. Bad is she figured out I have over 500 bottles( not as much as sparky!) but now on a siwbm. Damn, I hope nothing good comes up.

That sucks! How long are you not allowed to buy?

trifecta

quality posts: 73 Private Messages trifecta

There is fresh crop of VA PETs on winebid for those interested.

klezman

quality posts: 127 Private Messages klezman
trifecta wrote:There is fresh crop of VA PETs on winebid for those interested.

I'll throw in for a couple of the Rattlesnake and older PS if somebody wants help.

2014: 42 bottles. Last wine.woot: 2012 Iron Horse Estate Chardonnay
2013: 66 bottles, 2012: 91 bottles, 2011: 92 bottles, 2010: 74 bottles, 2009: 30 bottles, 2008: 3 bottles My CT

kylemittskus

quality posts: 231 Private Messages kylemittskus
klezman wrote:I'll throw in for a couple of the Rattlesnake and older PS if somebody wants help.

I will too.

"If drinking is bitter, change yourself to wine." -Rainer Maria Rilke

"Champagne is a very kind and friendly thing on a rainy night." -Isak Dinesen

bahwm

quality posts: 30 Private Messages bahwm
kylemittskus wrote:My AmEx card was compromised AGAIN. Grrrr!!! It's a huge pain in the ass updating all of my accounts and stuff. Charges from Brazil this time. Had to be one of the online retailers I shop at as the card has never left my possession. Heads up.

My AmEx was compromised about two months ago from some airline in Brazil. I did use it on the duty free on the Delta flight from Spain, but that was in August! That is the only charge though so they figure it was just some numeric goofup.

May our love be like good wine, grow stronger as it grows older. ~ Old English Toast

bahwm

quality posts: 30 Private Messages bahwm

Ready to collapse after a really nice party with the choir people. Those who showed up, had a really nice time. Oh, it got worse: our choir director & his fiancée had to bail--his furnace died! We sent some leftovers home with the single folks and kept a few meals for ourselves and donated the rest to our local home for runaway boys. They will eat well!

May our love be like good wine, grow stronger as it grows older. ~ Old English Toast

kylemittskus

This is kind of a sad reality:

One bottle of wine a day is 365 bottles a year. If your life expectancy is another thirty years, there are only 10,000-odd bottles ahead of you.

tytiger58

quality posts: 74 Private Messages tytiger58
kylemittskus wrote:This is kind of a sad reality:

One bottle of wine a day is 365 bottles a year. If your life expectancy is another thirty years, there are only 10,000-odd bottles ahead of you.

I'm not sure I agree with the sad part.

What contemptible scoundrel stole the cork from my lunch? ~ W. C. Fields

“Freedom is something that dies unless it's used” Hunter S Thompson

joelsisk

quality posts: 10 Private Messages joelsisk
kylemittskus wrote:This is kind of a sad reality:

You are counting wrong. For most of us, retirement is probably more like 30 years than life expectancy. Regardless, 2 bottles of wine per day is 20,000 odd bottles in 30 years. So, really, just figure out how many wines you want to have (and it doesn't have to mean the whole bottle, does it? though if it's just litres you care about...) and work it out. Heck, each wine.woot tasting has 15-40 bottles in a single event!

kylemittskus

tytiger58 wrote:I'm not sure I agree with the sad part.

I want more!!!

tytiger58

quality posts: 74 Private Messages tytiger58
kylemittskus wrote:I want more!!!

Ha, my mistake

What contemptible scoundrel stole the cork from my lunch? ~ W. C. Fields

“Freedom is something that dies unless it's used” Hunter S Thompson

MarkDaSpark

quality posts: 186 Private Messages MarkDaSpark

A video for us Dads!!!

Someone has to put WD's kids thru college, but why does it have to be me!
*This post is for purposes of enabling only, and does not constitute any promise of helping pay for said enabling. It does indicate willingness to assist in drinking said wine.

rjquillin

quality posts: 179 Private Messages rjquillin
kylemittskus wrote:I want more!!!

Assuming I have another 30 years above turf, and I'd be quit happy with that by the way, current stores allow for slightly over 81 bottles/year; slightly over 1.5/week.

Buy more, or live less?
'cause that just isn't enough per week.

CT

cortot20

quality posts: 153 Private Messages cortot20
rjquillin wrote:Assuming I have another 30 years above turf, and I'd be quit happy with that by the way, current stores allow for slightly over 81 bottles/year; slightly over 1.5/week.

Buy more, or live less?

My rule is that I only have enough on hand for 1 years consumption of 1.5 bottles per week. Helps keep the spending in check.

CT

trifecta

quality posts: 73 Private Messages trifecta
rjquillin wrote:Assuming I have another 30 years above turf, and I'd be quit happy with that by the way, current stores allow for slightly over 81 bottles/year; slightly over 1.5/week.

Buy more, or live less?

That would assume you stopped buying completely, which we all know won't happen.