bahwm

quality posts: 29 Private Messages bahwm

First day back to school after a very busy vacation and a student got a massive drippy nosebleed. He made a run for the tissues on my desk and then, proceeded to drip his way out the door. Last class of the day, one of my students had a major meltdown/tantrum in the back of the classroom. He went to the back of the room, sat down on the floor, pounded one of the boxes on the floor and kicked a cart. After everyone left, I tried to find out what happened and he told me, through tears, that he didn't want to talk about it. I called his grandmother and she said that the last time he had a meltdown in school was in 4th grade. He's in 7th grade now. Of course, I had to let admin & guidance & team know about the incident. I need another vacation!

Edit: Woo-Hoo! Sparky!

May our love be like good wine, grow stronger as it grows older. ~ Old English Toast

otolith

quality posts: 22 Private Messages otolith
rjquillin wrote:Doc, check out new deals thread.

Thanks!
Gonna buy some? I'm going to try to do what redwinefan is going to try to do. : )

"When we try to pick out anything by itself, we find it hitched to everything else in the universe."
--John Muir

MarkDaSpark

quality posts: 181 Private Messages MarkDaSpark
bhodilee wrote:I was doing so well until lunch. Now that lunch is over my motivation has died.

I believe this is you, sir!

Someone has to put WD's kids thru college, but why does it have to be me!
*This post is for purposes of enabling only, and does not constitute any promise of helping pay for said enabling. It does indicate willingness to assist in drinking said wine.

mommadeb1

quality posts: 17 Private Messages mommadeb1
bahwm wrote:First day back to school after a very busy vacation and a student got a massive drippy nosebleed. He made a run for the tissues on my desk and then, proceeded to drip his way out the door. Last class of the day, one of my students had a major meltdown/tantrum in the back of the classroom. He went to the back of the room, sat down on the floor, pounded one of the boxes on the floor and kicked a cart. After everyone left, I tried to find out what happened and he told me, through tears, that he didn't want to talk about it. I called his grandmother and she said that the last time he had a meltdown in school was in 4th grade. He's in 7th grade now. Of course, I had to let admin & guidance & team know about the incident. I need another vacation!

Edit: Woo-Hoo! Sparky!

wow.. back in school already?!! Teachers go back on monday and kids go back on tuesday the 8th. sounds like you had an exciting day!!!

mommadeb1

D&D people...someone check out the post and give me an answer please........ I'm getting nervous.........

klezman

quality posts: 122 Private Messages klezman
polarbear22 wrote:Happy New Year everyone.

I have a friend visiting CA near Temecula and wants to do some wine tasting. What wineries do you recommend in that area? Thanks.

EDIT: Did some searching on the site. Looks like Stuart Cellars is one of the best. And Sparky has hooked me up with Bella Vista PS and LH PS. So looking for one or two more in the area.

Baily was the only one we thought anything was worth purchasing. Overall the prices there were outlandish for the perceived value to me.

2014: 28 bottles. Last wine.woot: Scott Harvey Red Re-Mix
2013: 66 bottles, 2012: 91 bottles, 2011: 92 bottles, 2010: 74 bottles, 2009: 30 bottles, 2008: 3 bottles My CT

MarkDaSpark

mommadeb1 wrote:D&D people...someone check out the post and give me an answer please........ I'm getting nervous.........

Sorry, I need to update the thread. I answered.

*This post is for purposes of enabling only, and does not constitute any promise of helping pay for said enabling. It does indicate willingness to assist in drinking said wine.

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 565 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

Morning' y'all.

FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

bhodilee

quality posts: 32 Private Messages bhodilee
otolith wrote:You made it about 4 hours longer than I would have given you credit for.

it's a new year, which means I have to start working. I figure since they admittedly underpay me about 10k a year, I dont' have to give them much effort the last two months or so of the year. The sad thing is, I'm fairly upfront about this and no one seems to care.

"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it."

– George Bernard Shaw, author (1856-1950)

bhodilee

kylemittskus wrote:90% of the time: leftovers > original meal.

yes, sometimes leftovers are epic. Today is just chicken, zucchini, and stuffing from a box. Tasty, but not exciting. Infinitely better than the other choices in this town though. Burger King, Subway, or Local Fast Food Joint. That's literally the options for the town I work in. There's a cafe that's good, but it DOES NOT work in the 30 minutes I get for lunch. They move at glacial pace there.

"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it."

tytiger58

quality posts: 74 Private Messages tytiger58
bhodilee wrote:it's a new year, which means I have to start working. I figure since they admittedly underpay me about 10k a year, I dont' have to give them much effort the last two months or so of the year. The sad thing is, I'm fairly upfront about this and no one seems to care.

As our comrades in Russia used to say..they pretend to pay us and we pretend to work.

What contemptible scoundrel stole the cork from my lunch? ~ W. C. Fields

“Freedom is something that dies unless it's used” Hunter S Thompson

mommadeb1

MarkDaSpark wrote:Sorry, I need to update the thread. I answered.

thanks.. will check it out

mommadeb1

ThunderThighs wrote:Morning' y'all.

love this!!

mommadeb1

bhodilee wrote:yes, sometimes leftovers are epic. Today is just chicken, zucchini, and stuffing from a box. Tasty, but not exciting. Infinitely better than the other choices in this town though. Burger King, Subway, or Local Fast Food Joint. That's literally the options for the town I work in. There's a cafe that's good, but it DOES NOT work in the 30 minutes I get for lunch. They move at glacial pace there.

I can't imagine not eating leftovers for lunch!! Esp. when one only has about 22 min for lunch! which is about what I get....

inkycatz

quality posts: 105 Private Messages inkycatz
mommadeb1 wrote:I can't imagine not eating leftovers for lunch!! Esp. when one only has about 22 min for lunch! which is about what I get....

Short lunch people unite! I'm often eating leftovers for lunch too, although sometimes it gets pretty boring.

Maybe that means I need more interesting dinners.

I'm just hanging out, really.

MarkDaSpark

bhodilee wrote:yes, i'm the only one in my family that will eat leftovers, so my lunches are often quite good.

I never quite understood that (not eating leftovers) about some people. As PSquishy put it, leftovers are yummy (to paraphrase).

Of course, it helps to have had a grandmother and great-aunt that made some extremely great things with leftovers. Such as Rice Croquettes from leftover Risotto. Heaven!

Mom was/is a good cook too, but I didn't leave too many leftovers (unless they were veggies).

MarkDaSpark

bhodilee wrote:yes, sometimes leftovers are epic. Today is just chicken, zucchini, and stuffing from a box. Tasty, but not exciting. Infinitely better than the other choices in this town though. Burger King, Subway, or Local Fast Food Joint. That's literally the options for the town I work in. There's a cafe that's good, but it DOES NOT work in the 30 minutes I get for lunch. They move at glacial pace there.

Can you call in an order to them and pick it up (or eat it there)?

I can understand why the 30 minutes started (not a lot of cars, so everyone brought their lunch), but I don't understand why businesses still have them. It's not like they are paying you for those 30 minutes.

Although when I worked as a lad in Security, we could drive (or walk) to wherever, then clock out for lunch. I still eat too fast sometimes, from those days.

HitAnyKey42

quality posts: 29 Private Messages HitAnyKey42

First....Happy New Year to everyone! Had a busy last couple days, so didn't really get a chance to hang out in the pub before now.

So I'm getting ready to upgrade my phone in the next day or so. I think I've decide to just kick over the extra bucks and go with the new Galaxy S III. I was originally gonna just settle for the original Galaxy Nexus (which would only have been like $50 to upgrade to), but I think I should just go to the newer better phone now so that I can then keep it for the next 5+ years (hopefully).
So can anyone give me any major reasons as to why I should think about forking over the additional $50 to get the 32GB version over the 16GB version? Basically it'll be the difference between paying $200 or $250.
Also, am I missing something here or does the 32GB only come in Blue or White? I suppose I would end p getting the Blue if I went with 32GB...just seems somewhat strange that the website doesn't have the option for a Black 32GB.

My Cellar
In a Glorious Marriage.Woot with cheron98
NYC Tastings

bhodilee

HitAnyKey42 wrote:First....Happy New Year to everyone! Had a busy last couple days, so didn't really get a chance to hang out in the pub before now.

So I'm getting ready to upgrade my phone in the next day or so. I think I've decide to just kick over the extra bucks and go with the new Galaxy S III. I was originally gonna just settle for the original Galaxy Nexus (which would only have been like $50 to upgrade to), but I think I should just go to the newer better phone now so that I can then keep it for the next 5+ years (hopefully).
So can anyone give me any major reasons as to why I should think about forking over the additional $50 to get the 32GB version over the 16GB version? Basically it'll be the difference between paying $200 or $250.
Also, am I missing something here or does the 32GB only come in Blue or White? I suppose I would end p getting the Blue if I went with 32GB...just seems somewhat strange that the website doesn't have the option for a Black 32GB.

No, 16GB should probably suit you fine, especially since I'm fairly certain you can expand the memory with an SD card.

The S4 is probably coming out in a month or two though, so if you can wait you can probably get an S3 for free fairly soon.

coynedj

quality posts: 7 Private Messages coynedj
mommadeb1 wrote:I can't imagine not eating leftovers for lunch!! Esp. when one only has about 22 min for lunch! which is about what I get....

I get more than 22 minutes, but the nearest lunch spot to my place of employment is about 15 miles away. It's leftovers every day for me.

I started out on Burgundy but soon hit the harder stuff. Bob Dylan, Just Like Tom Thumb's Blues

How on earth did I get 7 QPs?

MarkDaSpark

HitAnyKey42 wrote:First....Happy New Year to everyone! Had a busy last couple days, so didn't really get a chance to hang out in the pub before now.

As Bowtie said, you might want to wait for the new model to come out.

But, I went with the 32GB model (in Blue, so you need to get White!) so I have enough room for stuff.

With all the new cars having Bluetooth capability, you can load your MP3's onto your phone, and stream them to your car's audio system.

bhodilee

MarkDaSpark wrote:As Bowtie said, you might want to wait for the new model to come out.

But, I went with the 32GB model (in Blue, so you need to get White!) so I have enough room for stuff.

With all the new cars having Bluetooth capability, you can load your MP3's onto your phone, and stream them to your car's audio system.

can't you expand with an SD card though? if so, save the 50 bucks, buy a bigger SD card and pocket the difference. I guess I don't know if the S3 does that though.

mother

quality posts: 15 Private Messages mother
HitAnyKey42 wrote:I think I've decide to just kick over the extra bucks and go with the new Galaxy S III. I was originally gonna just settle for the original Galaxy Nexus (which would only have been like $50 to upgrade to), but I think I should just go to the newer better phone now so that I can then keep it for the next 5+ years (hopefully).

Wow, so I don't know if I would buy a phone that is now about a year old if I want to keep it for 5 years, might wanna wait a little longer for the new version. Also if you do want an SIII that seems like WAAAAAAY too much money for it.

A week or two back I was seeing them for <$100 with contract...

Edit: Sigh, don't you love hitting refresh and then not reading it for a while? Sorry I see that everyone else covered all this already

HitAnyKey42

bhodilee wrote:The S4 is probably coming out in a month or two though, so if you can wait you can probably get an S3 for free fairly soon.

MarkDaSpark wrote:As Bowtie said, you might want to wait for the new model to come out.

Blah! Not sure I can really wait until April though. This thing is REALLY crapping out on me, and to put up with it for another 4 months will probably drive me insane. As much as I would love to get it cheaper (or even free)....BLAH!!

My Cellar
NYC Tastings

bhodilee

mother wrote:Wow, so I don't know if I would buy a phone that is now about a year old if I want to keep it for 5 years, might wanna wait a little longer for the new version. Also if you do want an SIII that seems like WAAAAAAY too much money for it.

A week or two back I was seeing them for <$100 with contract...

Edit: Sigh, don't you love hitting refresh and then not reading it for a while? Sorry I see that everyone else covered all this already

Yes, but not so eloquently :P

also, I forgot to mention that 200 buck is highway robbery for this phone. So good point.

bhodilee

HitAnyKey42 wrote:Blah! Not sure I can really wait until April though. This thing is REALLY crapping out on me, and to put up with it for another 4 months will probably drive me insane. As much as I would love to get it cheaper (or even free)....BLAH!!

is it battery life? cause you can do what I did with my OG EVO and spend five bucks on a battery from Amazon to see you through until the new one.

HitAnyKey42

bhodilee wrote:is it battery life? cause you can do what I did with my OG EVO and spend five bucks on a battery from Amazon to see you through until the new one.

No, it's not just battery life (I had already bought a second battery & wall charger...though those were stolen, so I'm back to just one battery for the moment). It's MUCH MUCH more. The damn thing crashes very often, takes forever to boot up and initialize the SD card, barely holds and runs any apps, takes forever just to get back to a desktop with icons (after reading my email for example, after I hit the home button I'll have to wait like a full minute sometimes to be able to access any other functions), constantly running out of memory forcing me to uninstall apps (even with moving most things to the SD card) and a handful of other things that are troubling. I have the original Droid. It's definitely on it's last legs.

As for the price, I don't see any other way than to get it through Verizon for the price they are asking. Yes, if I had realized back in November that they wouldn't totally screw over our current family plan, I would have jumped on that CyberMonday deal they had for the SIII's, but prices like that aren't available anymore. And I really don't know if my sanity will let me wait until the S4's come out in April for a better price on the SIII.

I was originally just thinking of upgrading to just the regular old Samsung Galaxy Nexus (which is $50). Only recently started thinking I should splurge for the newer phone so that it would last me longer.

My Cellar
NYC Tastings

rjquillin

quality posts: 173 Private Messages rjquillin

Lunch, what's that?

CT

mother

You're on Verizon? Wirefly (first result when I googled Verizon SIII) has the 16gb for $99.

Edit: My bad that is somehow, which I don't understand, only for new contracts/lines, not upgrades. It's $149 if upgrading. ???

North316

quality posts: 107 Private Messages North316
HitAnyKey42 wrote:No, it's not just battery life (I had already bought a second battery & wall charger...though those were stolen, so I'm back to just one battery for the moment). It's MUCH MUCH more. The damn thing crashes very often, takes forever to boot up and initialize the SD card, barely holds and runs any apps, takes forever just to get back to a desktop with icons (after reading my email for example, after I hit the home button I'll have to wait like a full minute sometimes to be able to access any other functions), constantly running out of memory forcing me to uninstall apps (even with moving most things to the SD card) and a handful of other things that are troubling. I have the original Droid. It's definitely on it's last legs.

As for the price, I don't see any other way than to get it through Verizon for the price they are asking. Yes, if I had realized back in November that they wouldn't totally screw over our current family plan, I would have jumped on that CyberMonday deal they had for the SIII's, but prices like that aren't available anymore. And I really don't know if my sanity will let me wait until the S4's come out in April for a better price on the SIII.

I was originally just thinking of upgrading to just the regular old Samsung Galaxy Nexus (which is $50). Only recently started thinking I should splurge for the newer phone so that it would last me longer.

Sounds like a software issue to me, did you try checking to see if the phone just needs an update? I've had my Droid X for almost three years now and it still purrs like a kitten.

My CT
"Trust your homies on the net", Clark Smith.
R.I.P. Inkycatz - Feb. 2013

HitAnyKey42

North316 wrote:Sounds like a software issue to me, did you try checking to see if the phone just needs an update? I've had my Droid X for almost three years now and it still purrs like a kitten.

I just checked for System updates, and it says the system is currently up to date. But one of my biggest problems is space on the internal memory. It is CONSTANTLY running out of memory. So I'm constantly having to delete caches, clear data, uninstall apps, and things like that. It just doesn't have enough processer/memory power anymore. Remember....we're talking ORIGINAL Droid I here. This thing is a too old. Plus I'm sure the gazillion times I've dropped it over the past 4 1/2 yrs doesn't help either.

My Cellar
NYC Tastings

MarkDaSpark

bhodilee wrote:can't you expand with an SD card though? if so, save the 50 bucks, buy a bigger SD card and pocket the difference. I guess I don't know if the S3 does that though.

You can, but I'd rather have both options (more memory on both) than only capable of one.

Plus, then there's having to transfer the info already on the old SD card to the new one.

HitAnyKey42

mother wrote:You're on Verizon? Wirefly (first result when I googled Verizon SIII) has the 16gb for $99.

Edit: My bad that is somehow, which I don't understand, only for new contracts/lines, not upgrades. It's $149 if upgrading. ???

Ok, so I guess maybe using Wirefly could save me $50. Though still slightly leary of using them. I don't think I've ever used them before, and with the various old things on my plan (such as only $5 for 50 Out-of-Network text messaging), I'm worried they might somehow screw up some of my grandfathered options. I've never gone over the 50 message limit before, so no reason to pay $10/mo for 1000 messages (which looks like the current option).

Have others used Wirefly? Is it truly just as good as if you go directly through the VZ website?
What's different about them that they can offer the phone cheaper than VZ? What's the catch?

My Cellar
NYC Tastings

mother

HitAnyKey42 wrote:worries

Also don't forget the Vzw booth at Costco, Walmart, Worst Buy, and Amazon Wireless...

cheron98

quality posts: 123 Private Messages cheron98
HitAnyKey42 wrote:So I'm getting ready to upgrade my phone in the next day or so. I think I've decide to just kick over the extra bucks and go with the new Galaxy S III.

Ah the differences between us. My line of thought went something more along the lines of "Well, it's pretty, but I've got the wedding to pay for, a Niagara Ice Wine Festival looming, a move coming, and not really any free cash available. So I'm gonna go with the Chipper Chicken (points if you know where that's from) and get the Droid 4." I damn near settled for something else because it was only gonna be $20, but I decided on the $70 Droid 4 instead. Because really, I don't NEED a phone that's gonna cost me $200 AFTER all the discounts are applied.

And, oh yeah, because of switching the accounts, I'm probably gonna lose my $30 credit so that means my $70 phone is gonna run me $100.

Maybe I'll go with the extra-cheap one after all. I don't need a moonroof.

I saw HitAnyKey42 on wine.woot! and clicked "I want one!"

cheron98

North316 wrote:Sounds like a software issue to me, did you try checking to see if the phone just needs an update? I've had my Droid X for almost three years now and it still purrs like a kitten.

Verizon's got a leash on it that keeps it stuck at Froyo. So with all the apps out there optimizing for Jellybean, updates to apps just suck up space.

'Course, it doesn't help that he's found a new game to obsess over that's fairly graphic intense...

cheron98

HitAnyKey42 wrote:Ok, so I guess maybe using Wirefly could save me $50. Though still slightly leary of using them. I don't think I've ever used them before, and with the various old things on my plan (such as only $5 for 50 Out-of-Network text messaging), I'm worried they might somehow screw up some of my grandfathered options. I've never gone over the 50 message limit before, so no reason to pay $10/mo for 1000 messages (which looks like the current option).

Have others used Wirefly? Is it truly just as good as if you go directly through the VZ website?
What's different about them that they can offer the phone cheaper than VZ? What's the catch?

Sigh.

mother

cheron98 wrote:Sigh.

A match made in...

Only you could out frugal bastard HAK

mommadeb1

Bahwm pm for you

cheron98