CT link above

Winery website

Previous offers:
10/15/12 (Plus)
9/7/12 (Plus)

-il Cesare
Sole Absolute Triple
Exalted High Tastemaster Supreme
“In the entire world there are only a few sounds that bring joy to all but the most jaded. One is the murmur of a kitten purring. Another is the thwack of a well-pitched baseball hitting a perfectly swung bat. And the third is the pop of a cork being pulled from a bottle of wine.” —George Taber

losthighwayz

quality posts: 59 Private Messages losthighwayz

Im a big WW supporter and dont mean to be a grinch BUT Invino Had this same wine for 7.99/bottle and $5 shipping for orders over $50. In essence, $56 for 7 bottles vs. $45 for 4 bottles here plus $5 shipping each offer.

*edit: invino offered this wine two days ago

"The older I get the better I was"

chipgreen

quality posts: 187 Private Messages chipgreen

Also the previous offer as a Plus deal on Sept. 7, 2012 was cheaper at $41.99 for 4 bottles yet claimed to be discounted only 25% was that before the new math?

tytiger58

quality posts: 74 Private Messages tytiger58

I mean this in the nicest way but will the complaining ever stop about rising prices?

What contemptible scoundrel stole the cork from my lunch? ~ W. C. Fields

“Freedom is something that dies unless it's used” Hunter S Thompson

chipgreen

quality posts: 187 Private Messages chipgreen
tytiger58 wrote:I mean this in the nicest way but will the complaining ever stop about rising prices?

No, I'm just surprised to see a former plus deal recycled as a more expensive deal of the day. Also curious as to when the new discount formula took effect.

EDIT: lol, I read that wrong. I thought you wrote "will complaining ever stop rising prices" and didn't understand why you felt the need for the "I mean this in the nicest way" caveat. Now I do.

Isn't the complaining about the complaining just piling on?

EDITx2: Also, I should point out that I wasn't complaining so much about the rising price as I was asking about how the discount percentage changed from 25% to 39% in the face of a price increase. Finally, as LostHighwayz pointed out, this wne was quite a bit cheaper on Invino just the other day and regardless of rising prices, one of wine.woot's claims to fame is supposed to be the best price on the internet.

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 564 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

PRICE CHANGE

GOOD NEWS! WD has made this last day of 2012 brighter by lowering the price to $39.99.

If you already ordered, you'll automatically be refunded the difference.

Now, go buy 3 and make WD a happy man.

FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

Winedavid39

quality posts: 200 Private Messages Winedavid39

Guest Blogger

Hey, thanks for the heads up on the pricing.

duly noted...

losthighwayz

tytiger58 wrote:I mean this in the nicest way but will the complaining ever stop about rising prices?

I wasnt complaining but rather making an observation that this same wine was a lot cheaper on another site recently. WD prides himself on offering the best deal out there and this one does not pass muster.

EDIT: just noticed WD lowered the price...stuff like this is what makes me a loyal (well for the most part-haha) WW customer! Thanks WD! Now, does anyone have tasting notes from previous offer?

ThunderThighs

Staff

losthighwayz wrote:I wasnt complaining but rather making an observation that this same wine was a lot cheaper on another site recently. WD prides himself on offering the best deal out there and this one does not pass muster. Simply calling a spade a spade!

Psssst: Look up.

FORUM MODERATOR
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

MarkDaSpark

quality posts: 181 Private Messages MarkDaSpark

Courtesy of CJ:

cjsiege wrote:List of previous WW gatherings by area. Great reading and great examples of how to set up a Get-Together Thread.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Upcoming Woot Wine Gatherings…All The News for the week of December 30th.

January 2013
1/19: Austin #1
1/19: NorCal #14: Santa Clara Valley Wines
1/26 - 1/27: Buffalo/WNY #10: Ice Wine Festival (Niagara-on-the-Lake, Canada)

February 2013
2/22: 2013 Dark & Delicious (Alameda, CA)
2/23 - 2/25: 2013 D&D Napa/Sonoma Weekend

Pending
TBD: NYC Tasting #21: A Tribute (interest thread)
TBD: NorCal: Volcanic Terroir and/or Eastern European Finds
TBD: NorCal: Wheelbarrow o' Wine
TBD: Dallas #11
TBD: Arizona Verde Valley Winery Weekend

No events in your area??? Start one! Create an interest thread in the World of Wine Woot Community Tab.

So join or create a WW Gathering!

Someone has to put WD's kids thru college, but why does it have to be me!
*This post is for purposes of enabling only, and does not constitute any promise of helping pay for said enabling. It does indicate willingness to assist in drinking said wine.

ibexscribe

quality posts: 7 Private Messages ibexscribe

Is it bad that I want to buy this just because of the pretty label? ;)

rugrats2001

quality posts: 14 Private Messages rugrats2001

So, has anyone had this before?

dah7m

quality posts: 9 Private Messages dah7m

I would be curious to know if anyone has had this lately. I have no problem drinking the prior year's rose, and even a two year old is usually still going strong.
I would *assume* a 2009 is on the decline, but would be happy to be contradicted by someone who knows this bottle.

cortot20

quality posts: 139 Private Messages cortot20

Jennings gave it a decent tasting note, the only other note I could find complained that it smelled like burnt rubber which was probably a bad bottle.

CT

neilfindswine

quality posts: 170 Private Messages neilfindswine

Guest Blogger

We opened a bottle at the office before Christmas, and while I didn't take notes, I can say that the notes in the description are pretty much on point. It was zesty and tasty, drinking great.

I report to winedavid39...
...I like getting PM's from wannabe rodents...

ThunderThighs

Staff

neilfindswine wrote:We opened a bottle at the office before Christmas, and while I didn't take notes, I can say that the notes in the description are pretty much on point. It was zesty and tasty, drinking great.

NO NOTES!?!? Aren't you supposed to be a role model here?

FORUM MODERATOR

MBurkee

quality posts: 0 Private Messages MBurkee

Ya'll should be glad you can have wine delivered to you. I live in Utah (unfortunately) and can't have any wine delivered. I hate it.

losthighwayz

neilfindswine wrote:We opened a bottle at the office before Christmas, and while I didn't take notes, I can say that the notes in the description are pretty much on point. It was zesty and tasty, drinking great.

Nice to have you on the boards! I enjoy CA style Rose's ala Crusher...French-style not so much. I believe WE or WS described this as sour which worries me. Thoughts? Thanks.

neilfindswine

Guest Blogger

ThunderThighs wrote:NO NOTES!?!? Aren't you supposed to be s role model here?

...if I am a role model, we are in trouble...

neilfindswine

Guest Blogger

losthighwayz wrote:Nice to have you on the boards! I enjoy CA style Rose's ala Crusher...French-style not so much. I believe WE or WS described this as sour which worries me. Thoughts? Thanks.

No, not sour. Cherry/pomegranate notes with zippy acidity...perhaps a slight tartness, but not in a bad way. Also bone dry with a little minerality.

I remember thinking it would be a good weekend sipper with some grilled shrimp and veggies. I look forward to weather that will allow such fare (it was 33 degrees when I jumped on my bike and hit the Sonoma roads this morning).

latour90

quality posts: 0 Private Messages latour90

Just curious..Has Wine Woot really had any serious wine? Where is the Mondavi, Beringer, Caymus..you know real wine?

cortot20

quality posts: 139 Private Messages cortot20
latour90 wrote:Just curious..Has Wine Woot really had any serious wine? Where is the Mondavi, Beringer, Caymus..you know real wine?

You can get those anywhere, so why would wine.woot waste offers on wines you can consistently find locally.

I come here to discover new wines I have never heard of or at least get a good deal on wines I have heard of but are still not typically easy to find.

CT

losthighwayz

latour90 wrote:Just curious..Has Wine Woot really had any serious wine? Where is the Mondavi, Beringer, Caymus..you know real wine?

Dont think so. Only nonserious wines from small reputable producers that craft wines that for the most part are an expression of the terroir and/ or winemaker. Oh, and I know ypu are trying o get a reaction.