quality posts: 1616 Private Messages Cesare

Joseph Henry 2011 Chardonnay 6-Pack
$69.99 (Normally $149.90) 53% off List Price
2011 Joseph Henry Chardonnay, California
CT link above

-il Cesare
Sole Absolute Triple
Exalted High Tastemaster Supreme
“In the entire world there are only a few sounds that bring joy to all but the most jaded. One is the murmur of a kitten purring. Another is the thwack of a well-pitched baseball hitting a perfectly swung bat. And the third is the pop of a cork being pulled from a bottle of wine.” —George Taber

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 565 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

katageek

quality posts: 0 Private Messages katageek

CT had no info on this wine, and no community tasting notes. Nothing came up on my Google search either. Does anyone have any experience with this wine?

inod3

quality posts: 6 Private Messages inod3
katageek wrote:CT had no info on this wine, and no community tasting notes. Nothing came up on my Google search either. Does anyone have any experience with this wine?

My google search wasn't much more informative, although I did find out the wine maker has 14 years experience with Coca-Cola. I do like coke. The Mexican variety you get at costco especially.

chrisatsapphirehill

quality posts: 13 Private Messages chrisatsapphirehill
katageek wrote:CT had no info on this wine, and no community tasting notes. Nothing came up on my Google search either. Does anyone have any experience with this wine?

Joseph Henry is a brand created by the owners of Sapphire Hill. It is currently sold in fine restaurants in California and this is it's Woot debut to the home market. We crafted this Chardonnay to be crisp and floral (a departure from Sapphire Hill rich caramel Chardonnay). We have received very positive feedback, especially from our customers that prefer a stainless crisp styled Chardonnay.

rjquillin

quality posts: 174 Private Messages rjquillin
chrisatsapphirehill wrote:Joseph Henry is a brand created by the owners of Sapphire Hill. It is currently sold in fine restaurants in California and this is it's Woot debut to the home market. We crafted this Chardonnay to be crisp and floral (a departure from Sapphire Hill rich caramel Chardonnay). We have received very positive feedback, especially from our customers that prefer a stainless crisp styled Chardonnay.

Wow, Chris, you are one early riser, or late home from the party. Thanks for checking in on what has been pretty quiet here.

Lacking a Vintner Voicemail, can you tell us anything about your process? Stainless is mentioned for fermentation, any wood cooperage used for aging, or pure stainless? I'm wondering if the Viognier may have seen some wood to add a bit of interest or enhance the aromatics.

Is the TA: 48g a typo?
ML?

Are you familiar with Iron Horse unoaked Chard? Perhaps a comparison, as many of us sampled Joy's wines.

Woot! used to give us a little rocket ship so we knew when there was a product launch and we could get things going. Looks like that was lost during the 'troubles' as well.

Welcome!

CT

UBlink

quality posts: 18 Private Messages UBlink

What about the grapes? California is a pretty big AVA.

Following the eight word profile, political economy in eight words:
Ain't no free lunch - them what has gets.

MarkL

quality posts: 1 Private Messages MarkL

Winery

Joseph Henry Wine

Founded: 2029

Perhaps this is the future of California winemaking?

weboddity

quality posts: 3 Private Messages weboddity
MarkL wrote:Winery

Joseph Henry Wine

Founded: 2029

Perhaps this is the future of California winemaking?

It's quite simple, really. In the future time travel is as much taken for granted as there being that 'homeless' guy outside of your favorite corner store that dresses better than you and I do. Since they didn't go out of their way to either obscure the real vintage or to ask that we respect the confidentiality so that we don't adversely alter history, that was the Careless Whisper of a time traveler.

But now who's gonna dance with future me? Please stay.

chrisatsapphirehill

quality posts: 13 Private Messages chrisatsapphirehill
rjquillin wrote:Wow, Chris, you are one early riser, or late home from the party. Thanks for checking in on what has been pretty quiet here.

Lacking a Vintner Voicemail, can you tell us anything about your process? Stainless is mentioned for fermentation, any wood cooperage used for aging, or pure stainless? I'm wondering if the Viognier may have seen some wood to add a bit of interest or enhance the aromatics.

Is the TA: 48g a typo?
ML?

Are you familiar with Iron Horse unoaked Chard? Perhaps a comparison, as many of us sampled Joy's wines.

Woot! used to give us a little rocket ship so we knew when there was a product launch and we could get things going. Looks like that was lost during the 'troubles' as well.

Welcome!

Thanks for the feedback I don't have my lab sheet with me but ta seems a typo. The wine is all stainless fermented and stored.

As for IronHorse, they produce a really nice Chardonnay, as I recall theirs may have a slight more minerality and Joseph Henry may be more green apple.

Would love to have Joseph Henry in a flight tasting with your favorite unpacked Chardonnays.

rjquillin

quality posts: 174 Private Messages rjquillin

Klez or Sparky, wanna do a split?

CT