$19.99 (Normally $25.00) 20% off List Price
2 - Le Caramel Caramel Cream 6.5oz
1 - Le Caramel Chocolate Cream 6.5oz
1 - Le Caramel Chocolate Caramels 6oz.

Website

-il Cesare
Sole Absolute Triple
Exalted High Tastemaster Supreme
“In the entire world there are only a few sounds that bring joy to all but the most jaded. One is the murmur of a kitten purring. Another is the thwack of a well-pitched baseball hitting a perfectly swung bat. And the third is the pop of a cork being pulled from a bottle of wine.” —George Taber

tiger7610

quality posts: 17 Private Messages tiger7610

Tempting but this will arrive just when the New Year resolution about weight loss will begin.

dliidlii

quality posts: 34 Private Messages dliidlii

ingredients: Sugar, cream (cream, carrageenan), milk, chocolate liquor, glucose, butter, water, salt. Contains Milk.
Carrageenan has been in the news a lot lately about link to colon cancer and inflammation of the stomach and intestines.

dreamyvelvet

quality posts: 10 Private Messages dreamyvelvet

Really delicious. The wrapped caramels were more on the firm side than the soft side. In for 1 !

editorkid

quality posts: 92 Private Messages editorkid

This caramel cream is amazing on stovetop popcorn. 15 seconds in the microwave and it's just right for drizzling over a big bowl.

cortot20

quality posts: 145 Private Messages cortot20
dliidlii wrote:ingredients: Sugar, cream (cream, carrageenan), milk, chocolate liquor, glucose, butter, water, salt. Contains Milk.
Carrageenan has been in the news a lot lately about link to colon cancer and inflammation of the stomach and intestines.

I believe water was as well.

CT

tytiger58

quality posts: 74 Private Messages tytiger58

Love this stuff by the spoonful in for 1.

What contemptible scoundrel stole the cork from my lunch? ~ W. C. Fields

“Freedom is something that dies unless it's used” Hunter S Thompson

bukzin

quality posts: 5 Private Messages bukzin

Where is it made?

loreelu

quality posts: 4 Private Messages loreelu

I will never understand why anyone would destroy perfectly good caramel with chocolate. How can you taste that wonderful creamy buttery flavor when it has been invaded by chocolate?

spacefox

quality posts: 2 Private Messages spacefox
bukzin wrote:Where is it made?

Looks like California, the 619 area code is my best clue. And, they are sold in many places in Cali, but pretty sparsely otherwise.

bendsnow

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bendsnow

On their website, products are $6.25/ea and if you order 4, you get free shipping. One cent more to choose what you like. Unless you've already ordered something else from woot tonight that is...

timothyc273

quality posts: 2 Private Messages timothyc273

This looks like a great gift idea. I have a sister in-law who would love it but is deathly ill to peanuts or anything that has been in any contact with peanuts. Anyone know if this is manufactured in a factory/facility that also handles peanuts?

galalefey

quality posts: 6 Private Messages galalefey

I gave out all the caramel candies as gifts so I can't speak to how good they are (though I tried a chocolate caramel and it was nice), but the chocolate cream is to die. I put it on strawberries so I wouldn't just eat it straight out of the jar. Haven't tried the caramel cream yet - planning to buy some cinnamon syrup and make homemade Caramel Apple Spice drinks Starbucks-style.

AbnerDoon

quality posts: 1 Private Messages AbnerDoon

I didn't care for the caramels they tasted like the kraft ones with a hint of salt. The caramel sauce was okay. The chocalate ones were decent but the sauce tasted like Duncan Hines frosting to me.

I tried the sauces hot and room temperature not too much change.

MrCaramel

quality posts: 27 Private Messages MrCaramel
spacefox wrote:Looks like California, the 619 area code is my best clue. And, they are sold in many places in Cali, but pretty sparsely otherwise.

Santee, California (little town near San Diego) but we learned how to make it in France

pertifly

quality posts: 5 Private Messages pertifly
tiger7610 wrote:Tempting but this will arrive just when the New Year resolution about weight loss will begin.

They aren't shipping until the 2nd, so they probably won't arrive until the 8th or so. I guess it depends on how long you usually stick to your resolutions ;)

North316

quality posts: 107 Private Messages North316

Easy pass for me. With the Candy Basket Salted Caramels (3 boxes), Brandini Toffee (4lb!), and files of candy received for christmas, I have enough sweets to last be at least 6 months.

My CT
"Trust your homies on the net", Clark Smith.
R.I.P. Inkycatz - Feb. 2013

MrCaramel

timothyc273 wrote:This looks like a great gift idea. I have a sister in-law who would love it but is deathly ill to peanuts or anything that has been in any contact with peanuts. Anyone know if this is manufactured in a factory/facility that also handles peanuts?

Our facility does not have any peanuts....even the employees fridge does not have any because I am allergic :-)

Slarti59

quality posts: 8 Private Messages Slarti59

My favorite is the caramel topping (the cream is too thick to easily dip apple slices) and I don't each chocolate. But this is really good caramel! I guess I'll have to order directly from them someday.

wvutkep1002

quality posts: 6 Private Messages wvutkep1002

wow. these have been $9.99 for the 3 jars by themselves in previous offerings (several times) and now the price is more than double just by adding the bag of caramels? I don't care about the chocolate cream so for the price it's definitely better ordering direct from the manufacturer's site. I always bash the people who cry about the quality of woot offerings, but this one stinks as it is the same price after shipping; not a "DEAL".

I just keep buying more and more crap...

gtcharlie

quality posts: 6 Private Messages gtcharlie

Got these in the past and would order again if they came in a fizzy version

gooddawggy

quality posts: 0 Private Messages gooddawggy

I'm sorry..but have any of you read the ingredient lists? I don't care where you're from - traditionally caramel is made from sugar, butter and cream. Not mono and diglycerides, milk powder, corny syrup, etc.

rjquillin

quality posts: 174 Private Messages rjquillin
MrCaramel wrote:Santee, California (little town near San Diego) but we learned how to make it in France

You have a storefront? Used to live in Santee, now Lakeside. Would like to stop by.

CT

MrCaramel

rjquillin wrote:You have a storefront? Used to live in Santee, now Lakeside. Would like to stop by.

We have a factory right off the 67: no storefront, but you can still stop by. You will just need to wear a little hat-provided by Le Caramel- to cover your hair (we do not discriminate: even bald people get a hat :-)).

rubyonepin

quality posts: 1 Private Messages rubyonepin
editorkid wrote:This caramel cream is amazing on stovetop popcorn. 15 seconds in the microwave and it's just right for drizzling over a big bowl.

It's also amazing dribbled over Beignets.

Yes, this recommendation is a diet resolution killer as well, but my second recommendation is to not think about dieting when you are eating something delicious. ;p

rjquillin

MrCaramel wrote:We have a factory right off the 67: no storefront, but you can still stop by. You will just need to wear a little hat-provided by Le Caramel- to cover your hair (we do not discriminate: even bald people get a hat :-)).

Even closer! Left PM with my contact info.

Got your earlier offering here and gifted, but haven't yet opened any. Looking forward to that now.

Thanks!

CT

MrCaramel

rubyonepin wrote:It's also amazing dribbled over Beignets.

Yes, this recommendation is a diet resolution killer as well, but my second recommendation is to not think about dieting when you are eating something delicious. ;p

I totally approve that! Treat yourself, the gym and diets can wait

MrCaramel

rjquillin wrote:Even closer! Left PM with my contact info.

Got your earlier offering here and gifted, but haven't yet opened any. Looking forward to that now.

Thanks!

I got it! You should try it ASAP !

Wolffhardt

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Wolffhardt
dliidlii wrote:ingredients: Sugar, cream (cream, carrageenan), milk, chocolate liquor, glucose, butter, water, salt. Contains Milk.

Obviously, you're not posting this from your cancer causing smartphone, either.

coyhaven

quality posts: 1 Private Messages coyhaven

Carrageenan, by the way, is a seaweed extract. This particular type of seaweed is common in the Atlantic Ocean near Britain, Continental Europe and North America. You boil the seaweed to extract the carrageenan. In that sense, carrageenan is completely "natural" -- it's not much different from tomato paste in its creation.

carrageenan-Its thickening agent like corn starch & guar gum-completely natural not sure how it causes Cancer or who is studing that, but just about everything from Water to cell phones are said to cause cancer-moderation in all things is the key!

kylemittskus

quality posts: 231 Private Messages kylemittskus

I gifted the caramels (brought a bag to klezman's for SoCal gathering #??). I can speak to the chocolate and caramel sauce, though. DELICIOUS!! F hut fudge on ice cream. F caramel flavoring in cider. This stuff is what you want.

"If drinking is bitter, change yourself to wine." -Rainer Maria Rilke

"Champagne is a very kind and friendly thing on a rainy night." -Isak Dinesen

editorkid

quality posts: 92 Private Messages editorkid
gtcharlie wrote:Got these in the past and would order again if they came in a fizzy version

It isn't part of this package, but you can get the caramel syrup via the company's Web site, and it works really well if you have a Sodastream.

GABDB

quality posts: 0 Private Messages GABDB
coyhaven wrote:Carrageenan, by the way, is a seaweed extract. This particular type of seaweed is common in the Atlantic Ocean near Britain, Continental Europe and North America. You boil the seaweed to extract the carrageenan. In that sense, carrageenan is completely "natural" -- it's not much different from tomato paste in its creation.

carrageenan-Its thickening agent like corn starch & guar gum-completely natural not sure how it causes Cancer or who is studing that, but just about everything from Water to cell phones are said to cause cancer-moderation in all things is the key!

Peanuts are completely natural too. "Natural" isn't always safe.

There is a lot of interesting analysis of carrageenan, which in small quantities of the undegraded form is probably ok for people who don't have an allergic reaction to it. But why do we need to have it added to our food? I'd rather buy caramels without such additives.

rjquillin

kylemittskus wrote:I gifted the caramels (brought a bag to klezman's for SoCal gathering #??). I can speak to the chocolate and caramel sauce, though. DELICIOUS!! F hut fudge on ice cream. F caramel flavoring in cider. This stuff is what you want.

THAT'S where I saw them, hadn't made the connection.
Little pieces of crack candy.
Those were delicious.
And now that I've got me an invite, this will assume a higher position in the "auto-buy" category.

CT

fredrinaldi

quality posts: 35 Private Messages fredrinaldi

dam my birthday would have to fall on a Thursday this year,
Oh well at least the wife went to see Django Unchained with me, and my beloved UCLA Bruins play football tonight.

DingleBarry

quality posts: 1 Private Messages DingleBarry
fredrinaldi wrote:dam my birthday would have to fall on a Thursday this year,
Oh well at least the wife went to see Django Unchained with me, and my beloved UCLA Bruins play football tonight.

Happy Birthday Fred!

rjquillin

fredrinaldi wrote:dam my birthday would have to fall on a Thursday this year,

HB, need to tell Sparky.

CT