andreaserben

quality posts: 21 Private Messages andreaserben

it arrived - let it sit a few days to recover from transportation shock?

zaprowsdower

quality posts: 3 Private Messages zaprowsdower
andreaserben wrote:it arrived - let it sit a few days to recover from transportation shock?

Got mine today as well around 4 eastern time. I stuck them all in a recently cleaned out (more like drank out) wine fridge. My wife and I were looking forward to the bubbles especially but the bottle I grabbed had none, but the wine is great. We quite like the Copa Del Rey cabernet and it reminds me a lot of that one but much dryer especially as it warmed to room temp.

Here's hoping that the rest have some bubbles. I fancied having a moscato type of effervescence but with red wine. I think if the next test bottle has no sparkle, I might pull them out and store for a while to mature the wine.

andreaserben

quality posts: 21 Private Messages andreaserben
zaprowsdower wrote:
Here's hoping that the rest have some bubbles.

I am finishing the first bottle, opened 3 days ago. Closed the bottle with a plastic cap after pouring.
Ran it through a vinturi every time.
It did not have bubbles, but definitely a strong tingling 'fizz' feeling on the tongue. Completely altered the perception when drinking it. I stopped immediately, ran it through a vinturi again and let it sit for 1-2 hours.
After 1 hour I still perceived some fizziness, after two hours that was almost gone.
Very enjoyable then.

On the second day, it was similar, but took a little less time to get rid of the fizziness.
Developed in flavor.

Third day, still fizziness when directly out of the bottle, but took even less time to get rid of it. Because I was distracted, I let it sit for over 5 hours and it was very good after that time.

So - I definitely recommend relatively long decanting, the wine will not mind decanting for 6+ hours but definitely needs 2+ at least hours.

Decant at lunch, drink at dinner.

dianefreda

quality posts: 9 Private Messages dianefreda

I too found this wine to be very enjoyable after at least a three hour decanting. This was a very good deal.