CT links above

Winery website

Previous offers:
10/5/12
2/26/09

-il Cesare
Sole Absolute Triple
Exalted High Tastemaster Supreme
“In the entire world there are only a few sounds that bring joy to all but the most jaded. One is the murmur of a kitten purring. Another is the thwack of a well-pitched baseball hitting a perfectly swung bat. And the third is the pop of a cork being pulled from a bottle of wine.” —George Taber

kylemittskus

quality posts: 229 Private Messages kylemittskus

Just gave my dad an 07 Kronos for Christmas. And I'll be buying a couple 2012 Kronos bottles for my daughter's birth year wine.

"If drinking is bitter, change yourself to wine." -Rainer Maria Rilke

"Champagne is a very kind and friendly thing on a rainy night." -Isak Dinesen

dalematthew

quality posts: 22 Private Messages dalematthew
kylemittskus wrote:Just gave my dad an 07 Kronos for Christmas. And I'll be buying a couple 2012 Kronos bottles for my daughter's birth year wine.

My 04 and 08 Kronos magnums arrived just the other day. Hopefully they will remain unopened until their respective 21st bdays

I haven't tried the Helios that came in the last offering - any thoughts from anyone.

After a bottle of TO Spaniard witha lovely Christmas Eve dinner - it's off to bed before Santa arrives. Merry Christmas all!

Edit: I'm in

cortot20

quality posts: 137 Private Messages cortot20
kylemittskus wrote:Just gave my dad an 07 Kronos for Christmas. And I'll be buying a couple 2012 Kronos bottles for my daughter's birth year wine.

I was greedy and kept mine even though it was originally intended to be a birthday gift.

CT

mikegberg

quality posts: 56 Private Messages mikegberg

All of those complaining about a lack of crap on the main site should come over here.

"There are more old wine drinkers than old doCTors." -François Rabelais

tytiger58

quality posts: 74 Private Messages tytiger58
dalematthew wrote:My 04 and 08 Kronos magnums arrived just the other day. Hopefully they will remain unopened until their respective 21st bdays

I haven't tried the Helios that came in the last offering - any thoughts from anyone.

After a bottle of TO Spaniard witha lovely Christmas Eve dinner - it's off to bed before Santa arrives. Merry Christmas all!

I had the merlot from the last offer and it was fantastic!..maybe that was two offers ago? Anyways another nice offer, Merry Christmas and happy holidays to all. Drink well

What contemptible scoundrel stole the cork from my lunch? ~ W. C. Fields

“Freedom is something that dies unless it's used” Hunter S Thompson

sdfreedive

quality posts: 24 Private Messages sdfreedive

The Helios 05 Syrah was a hit for the party I had yesterday. I popped that and a 06 margaux. The Syrah was great with a nice depth. The 06 margaux was flat with a lack a tannins I'm wondering if the margaux was in its dormant phase.

Haven't tried the cab yet.

rjquillin

quality posts: 171 Private Messages rjquillin

It's times like these I somewhat regret my hoarding. I know these are good, just not ~how~ good, as I've not yet pulled corks, and it's too late now. Perhaps tomorrow, then restock!

CT

rjquillin

quality posts: 171 Private Messages rjquillin
mikegberg wrote:All of those complaining about a lack of crap on the main site should come over here.

But many will need those batteries.

CT

bsevern

quality posts: 109 Private Messages bsevern

Did I miss the Orange Wine?????

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 563 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

mikegberg wrote:All of those complaining about a lack of crap on the main site should come over here.

You don't want that. Really. You. don't. want. that.

FORUM MODERATOR.............ON VACATION!
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

mike808

quality posts: 40 Private Messages mike808

Cesare forgot last year's Christmas offering from Corison.
12/25/2011 - A 2006 Kronos and a 2006 Napa Cab for $120

I got three. None opened. Can't swing it to pick up this woot. Sorry.

Merry Christmas. Peace and Love to all.
Especially to those that want or need it.
Have some of mine. I have plenty. I'll make more.

bskuared

quality posts: 11 Private Messages bskuared

This is a no-brainer. Thanks Cathy~

food. italy. food. italy. wine. books. travel. food. genealogy. food. wine. italy. food. get. the. idea?

San Clemente · http://www.italyandme.com

MarkDaSpark

quality posts: 181 Private Messages MarkDaSpark

Happy Christmas to all, and to all a good night!

Someone has to put WD's kids thru college, but why does it have to be me!
*This post is for purposes of enabling only, and does not constitute any promise of helping pay for said enabling. It does indicate willingness to assist in drinking said wine.

bskuared

quality posts: 11 Private Messages bskuared

I think you missed a couple of Christmas animations in your post

food. italy. food. italy. wine. books. travel. food. genealogy. food. wine. italy. food. get. the. idea?

San Clemente · http://www.italyandme.com

rlmanzo

quality posts: 23 Private Messages rlmanzo

I opened the 2005 Helios Syrah a couple of weeks ago along with a bottle of the 2006 Tallulah Bald Mountain Ranch(another of my favorites).

Not even close....Although I realize they are coming from different price points, the Helios blew it away. Fruity but sophisticated bouquet, excellent viscosity and mouthfeel and a long pleasant finish. Went well with roast pork but would drink well alone.

On par with the Page Cellars syrah( the prior syrah title holder purchased on Woot)

I may be in for the max despite my aching credit card and the necessity of a Woot-legger.

Damn you CT......

The syrah is a truly superb wine which I highly recommend.

Merry Christmas to all!

Is it broke or just fractured?

rpm

quality posts: 170 Private Messages rpm

A Very Very Merry Christmas to Cathy and this is a very nice Merry Christmas from Cathy to us!

These are 2005s people, which means they are very nice wines from a very good year. A lot less expensive than Cathy's signature Kronos or Napa Valley Cabernets, these are always very nice. I buy her Helios whenever it is available, with the goal of have a 'punches way over price' Cabernet/Merlot/Syrah when I want something very good, but the meal or the company won't support a Kronos or Napa Valley Cab.

These wines should be coming along nicely, ready sooner than Cathy's Napa Valley (or Kronos) Cabs.

No one should miss these wines.

Wine-tasting in 8 words:
Pull lots of corks!
Remember what you taste!

sukeiasa

quality posts: 6 Private Messages sukeiasa

i don't always (or usually) buy from wine.woot (anymore, since the format change) but i'll buy on xmas when cathy/kent is on the site... in for 3

wine woot gatherings: manchego dinner, '11 cyber pub bottling, '12 cyber pub bottling, DMV #25, #26, #28, #29, #29.5, #30, NY #19, NY #20; socal #22

klezman

quality posts: 122 Private Messages klezman
rpm wrote:No one should miss these wines.

So true. Maybe I'll make this my last purchase of the year. My biggest hesitation is the large price jump since the last time I bought Helios. Hm.

2014: 28 bottles. Last wine.woot: Scott Harvey Red Re-Mix
2013: 66 bottles, 2012: 91 bottles, 2011: 92 bottles, 2010: 74 bottles, 2009: 30 bottles, 2008: 3 bottles My CT

mother

quality posts: 15 Private Messages mother
klezman wrote:So true. Maybe I'll make this my last purchase of the year. My biggest hesitation is the large price jump since the last time I bought Helios. Hm.

Damnit, I had a brain-fart where I associated the price with her Napa Cab. This is definitely a bit too expensive for two Helios bottles, particularly the Cab (IMHO), and I love Cathy's wine.

This is almost what we were paying for Napa Cab from her just a year and some months back:
7/14/11 2003 Napa Cab

Edit: And that was a big price increase from the previous sales!

winefarm

quality posts: 7 Private Messages winefarm

Merry Christmas.

we love this place.

Winefarm & Winedavid39

random122

quality posts: 6 Private Messages random122
winefarm wrote:Merry Christmas.

we love this place.

Winefarm & Winedavid39

Merry Christmas to you both and to the rest of the woot community!

boatman72

quality posts: 13 Private Messages boatman72

Although 2005 was a great year and the Corison name means great wine, I've got to pass. $40/bottle for Helios is too steep for my wallet and taste buds. I've had Helios before and it was just ok. You may think I'm a Grinch on this great day, but I really love Corison Cab and Kronos...I'm spoiled! I thank Cathy for thinking of us. It's always great to see her wine on WW. Hope everyone is having a great Christmas Day!