Winery website

Previous offers:
10/13/12 (2010 Malbec)
8/8/12 (2010 Malbec)
6/8/12 (2009 Cab)

-il Cesare
Sole Absolute Triple
Exalted High Tastemaster Supreme
“In the entire world there are only a few sounds that bring joy to all but the most jaded. One is the murmur of a kitten purring. Another is the thwack of a well-pitched baseball hitting a perfectly swung bat. And the third is the pop of a cork being pulled from a bottle of wine.” —George Taber

vespid

quality posts: 0 Private Messages vespid

I just want the cab

rjquillin

quality posts: 170 Private Messages rjquillin

Stats are there for the Malbec, but missing for the CS and Merlot. Can we get some ABV, pH and TA for the other two? Would like to see how they compare to the CS from earlier woots others have raved about.

CT

psywiped

quality posts: 2 Private Messages psywiped

So much booze, finite liver.

chipgreen

quality posts: 184 Private Messages chipgreen

The Cab is likely to be quite different than the previous vintage as the fruit was sourced from different vineyards this time around and there is now 8% Malbec instead of it being a 100% Cab. Has anyone tried this or better yet, tried both vintages and can compare?

dianefreda

quality posts: 9 Private Messages dianefreda

I loved the cab and would gladly purchase again except I live in Virginia. Will have to decide if I should purchase and ship to family in Georgia.

diman

quality posts: 2 Private Messages diman

A bit off-topic, but where else can I post this?

With so many deals "by Xmas" this year, and only two sparkling deals not even labeled "by NY", and now "elves taking rest until Jan 2nd", that's a weak sales pitch by Woot. I was hoping for some sparkling, like previous years.

true559

quality posts: 23 Private Messages true559
vespid wrote:I just want the cab

Ditto.

rlmanzo

quality posts: 23 Private Messages rlmanzo

I loved the 2009 cab; definitely one of my all time Woot favorites.

I am really tempted to try these but would love to hear some more info from the winery about these wines.

Specifically, how does the 2010 differ from the 2009?

Anyone have the Malbec offered previously?

Is it broke or just fractured?

raisedbywolves

quality posts: 34 Private Messages raisedbywolves
rjquillin wrote:Stats are there for the Malbec, but missing for the CS and Merlot. Can we get some ABV, pH and TA for the other two? Would like to see how they compare to the CS from earlier woots others have raved about.

Cabernet 14.1 ABV, .057TA/100, 3.71 ph
Merlot 13.9, .055TA/100, 3.44 ph

raisedbywolves

rlmanzo wrote:I loved the 2009 cab; definitely one of my all time Woot favorites.

I am really tempted to try these but would love to hear some more info from the winery about these wines.

Specifically, how does the 2010 differ from the 2009?

The 10 Cabernet isn't 1 trick pony like I thought the 9 was. The flavors are very forward and robust. Every sip is different from the last very complex tobacco, tea, cocoa, blueberries, cherries. Very powerful young wine.

Anyone have the Malbec offered previously?

ScottHarveyWines

quality posts: 152 Private Messages ScottHarveyWines

WineDrew brought a bottle of the Cabernet by a couple of days ago. I ran the pH at 3.57pH. On the nose the wine had hints of bayleaf, steak tar tar, sage, black fruits, cloves, fruitloops and blueberry.
The taste is jammy and juicy with enough acidity to balance the jammyness. It has some cinnamon. It has a soft easy drinkability with a medium bodied finish. It is a clean well made wine with a light pleasant Rutherford dust type tannin on the finish.

raisedbywolves

dianefreda wrote:I loved the cab and would gladly purchase again except I live in Virginia. Will have to decide if I should purchase and ship to family in Georgia.

Send me an email to billdavis@elevagewineco.com and I'll honor the same deal. Shipping may be a bit higher though.

manny651

quality posts: 1 Private Messages manny651

I'm like some of you that would jump all over this if it was just the cab, even though the '10 is Columbia Valley fruit while the '09 was from Walla Walla (which was great). Still very curious as to the Malbec and Merlot, so this may make me break my SIWBM. Would love for them to update their website though, it's been the same for quite some time and still only has the '08 Cab on it, which looks to be their first vintage.

jmdavidson

quality posts: 55 Private Messages jmdavidson

The Malbec was offered on Wine Woot on 10/13/2012 (see comments). We tasted the Cab and the Malbec at the Chicago woot gathering. Both were well received. Based on past offers, and at $16/bottle for this group, this seems like an easy choice to make.

raisedbywolves

manny651 wrote:I'm like some of you that would jump all over this if it was just the cab, even though the '10 is Columbia Valley fruit while the '09 was from Walla Walla (which was great). Still very curious as to the Malbec and Merlot, so this may make me break my SIWBM. Would love for them to update their website though, it's been the same for quite some time and still only has the '08 Cab on it, which looks to be their first vintage.

The merlot drinks alot like a cab. Balanced tanins bold stone fruits finishing with hint of wet stone and tobacco. The Malbec we put most of our eggs in this basket and didn't cut any corners. Sourced from some of the finest vineyards on E. Washington, leaving a complex, dark, bold Malbec.

neilfindswine

quality posts: 168 Private Messages neilfindswine

Guest Blogger

Welcome Bill; always good to see Raised by Wolves; quality WA juice with glaringly good QPR.

I was excited to taste the new '10 Cab (very recently bottled).

Good, deep color on this one. A swirl o' the glass brought enticing notes of dark fruits and tea leaf. Young, red & black fruit flavors are layered with baking spice and hints of tea and tobacco. Nice finish with a dusting of cocoa.

A young one.. and a good one, as expected. RBW consistently delivers for us...

I report to winedavid39...
...I like getting PM's from wannabe rodents...

raisedbywolves

ScottHarveyWines wrote:WineDrew brought a bottle of the Cabernet by a couple of days ago. I ran the pH at 3.57pH. On the nose the wine had hints of bayleaf, steak tar tar, sage, black fruits, cloves, fruitloops and blueberry.
The taste is jammy and juicy with enough acidity to balance the jammyness. It has some cinnamon. It has a soft easy drinkability with a medium bodied finish. It is a clean well made wine with a light pleasant Rutherford dust type tannin on the finish.

Thanks for the review ZINMASTER Scott. I have always loved what your doing down there. I'm hoping to make down to your neck of the woods in February.

fredrinaldi

quality posts: 34 Private Messages fredrinaldi

still got 11 bottles of Cab sleeping, otherwise I'd be on it like white on rice, Merry Christmas ya'all

rjquillin

raisedbywolves wrote:The merlot drinks alot like a cab. Balanced tanins bold stone fruits finishing with hint of wet stone and tobacco. The Malbec we put most of our eggs in this basket and didn't cut any corners. Sourced from some of the finest vineyards on E. Washington, leaving a complex, dark, bold Malbec.

Good to see you back and thanks for the numbers.
I'm full up on drink-now's, how's the potential for aging with these?

CT

bobrush12866

quality posts: 8 Private Messages bobrush12866

Anyone in Upstate NY (Saratoga Springs) interested in the Merlot...PM me or send email to bobrush12866@hotmail.com

raisedbywolves

rjquillin wrote:Good to see you back and thanks for the numbers.
I'm full up on drink-now's, how's the potential for aging with these?

The Malbec is going to have some staying power 2020 or beyond.

The merlot on the other hand has been in the bottle since June and released this month is a softer wine and will probably peak 2015. both drinking dynamite now.

raisedbywolves

fredrinaldi wrote:still got 11 bottles of Cab sleeping, otherwise I'd be on it like white on rice, Merry Christmas ya'all

A baker's dozen of cab never hurts. Happy Holidays Fred.

raisedbywolves

neilfindswine wrote:Welcome Bill; always good to see Raised by Wolves; quality WA juice with glaringly good QPR.

I was excited to taste the new '10 Cab (very recently bottled).

Good, deep color on this one. A swirl o' the glass brought enticing notes of dark fruits and tea leaf. Young, red & black fruit flavors are layered with baking spice and hints of tea and tobacco. Nice finish with a dusting of cocoa.

A young one.. and a good one, as expected. RBW consistently delivers for us...

Thanks Neil. I'm excited to see what it will taste like in the spring. Definitely a young Cab (2010) but is evolving nicely in months it has been bottled.

fredrinaldi

raisedbywolves wrote:A baker's dozen of cab never hurts. Happy Holidays Fred.

Two of my favorite Cabs from WW is Yours and Rockus Bockus, still on he fence, wife loves Merlot and I like a good Malbec, just received my 2nd 100 bottle wine rack, so I have room.

losthighwayz

quality posts: 58 Private Messages losthighwayz
fredrinaldi wrote:Two of my favorite Cabs from WW is Yours and Rockus Bockus, still on he fence, wife loves Merlot and I like a good Malbec, just received my 2nd 100 bottle wine rack, so I have room.

Hey what rack did you get? PM if you don't mind. My closet is outta control and wife is on me!

"The older I get the better I was"

raisedbywolves

Where's the Louisiana wooters today? Happy Holidays.

fredrinaldi

losthighwayz wrote:Hey what rack did you get? PM if you don't mind. My closet is outta control and wife is on me!

check your PM, BTW Free shipping to California, which I am so it was a good deal, BTW 2 wife loves the rack

fredrinaldi

raisedbywolves wrote:A baker's dozen of cab never hurts. Happy Holidays Fred.

Darn you, I will now have a bakers dozen

Last Wooter to Woot: fredrinaldi

Last Purchase: a few seconds ago

raisedbywolves

fredrinaldi wrote:Darn you, I will now have a bakers dozen

Last Wooter to Woot: fredrinaldi

Last Purchase: a few seconds ago

I knew temptation would get the best of you. Enjoy!

fredrinaldi

raisedbywolves wrote:I knew temptation would get the best of you. Enjoy!

I'm weak

rjquillin

Neil, PM for ya.

CT

raisedbywolves

Thank you for the support today. I hope everyone enjoys the wine as much as we had producing it. Wish everyone a Merry Christmas and a properous 2013.

ScottHarveyWines

quality posts: 152 Private Messages ScottHarveyWines
raisedbywolves wrote:Thanks for the review ZINMASTER Scott. I have always loved what your doing down there. I'm hoping to make down to your neck of the woods in February.

Hi Bill,
Bring some wine and we'll trade. Jana and I enjoyed the rest of your bottle of Cab with some home made French onion soup. Went great with the soup.
Cheers,
Scott