WootBot

quality posts: 14 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

Self Secret Santa: Gifts For YOU

You've given the snacks to your office-mates and you've given the books to your grandparents and you've given the fancy TV to your spouse and you gave cash to all your nieces and nephews and you bought your old man whiskey and your mom a hand-crafted wood carving of your first birthday cake. Now it's time to take care of YOU.

Quality Posts

Cesare

quality posts: 1597 Private Messages Cesare

Self Secret Santa: Gifts For YOU

Broc Cellars 2008 Dry Stack Vineyard Bennett Valley Grenache 3-Pack
$64.99 (Normally $106.55) 39% off List Price
2008 Dry Stack Vineyard Bennett Valley Grenache

Rutherford Hill Napa Valley Mixed Red 2-Pack
$54.99 (Normally $110.85) 50% off List Price
2006 Rutherford Hill Cabernet Sauvignon, Napa Valley
2008 Rutherford Hill Winemaker's Red Blend

Kent Rasmussen 2009 Petite Sirah 3-Pack
$59.99 (Normally $137.20) 56% off List Price
2009 Kent Rasmussen Petite Sirah

Monticello Vineyards Napa Estate 2007 Syrah 3-Pack
$74.99 (Normally $132.25) 43% off List Price
2007 Monticello Vineyards Estate Grown Syrah

Woot Cellars 2011 Triacipedis the White III 5-Pack
$59.99
2011 Triacipedis the White in the Dominion of the Flower-King

-il Cesare
Sole Absolute Triple
Exalted High Tastemaster Supreme
“In the entire world there are only a few sounds that bring joy to all but the most jaded. One is the murmur of a kitten purring. Another is the thwack of a well-pitched baseball hitting a perfectly swung bat. And the third is the pop of a cork being pulled from a bottle of wine.” —George Taber

inkycatz

quality posts: 105 Private Messages inkycatz

Now this is the kind of present I can get with! :D

I'm just hanging out, really.

hillig

quality posts: 10 Private Messages hillig

Popped the KR PS the other night, and after a three hour decant, it was still tight.

Has potential, but it needs serious cellaring. Just an FYI.

kylemittskus

quality posts: 229 Private Messages kylemittskus
hillig wrote:Popped the KR PS the other night, and after a three hour decant, it was still tight.

Don't kill babies!!!

"If drinking is bitter, change yourself to wine." -Rainer Maria Rilke

"Champagne is a very kind and friendly thing on a rainy night." -Isak Dinesen

tytiger58

quality posts: 74 Private Messages tytiger58
kylemittskus wrote:Don't kill babies!!!

Kill them I say, Kill them

What contemptible scoundrel stole the cork from my lunch? ~ W. C. Fields

“Freedom is something that dies unless it's used” Hunter S Thompson

meanjoeira

quality posts: 4 Private Messages meanjoeira
tytiger58 wrote:Kill them I say, Kill them

A smiley face doesn't make this comment any less insensitive.

tytiger58

meanjoeira wrote:A smiley face doesn't make this comment any less insensitive.

Pretty sure we are talking about wine here on a wine board??

Edit: And my apologies for the insensitive post.

inkycatz

quality posts: 105 Private Messages inkycatz

And now, time for a special holiday treat known as moderator awkward topic shift, soooo...

How about that Grenache?

I'm just hanging out, really.

neilfindswine

quality posts: 170 Private Messages neilfindswine

Guest Blogger

inkycatz wrote:And now, time for a special holiday treat known as moderator awkward topic shift, soooo...

How about that Grenache?

Since you asked, Broc's Dry Stack Grenache is a standard, 'old reliable' at my house. One of my favorite domestic Grenaches, bar none.

I report to winedavid39...
...I like getting PM's from wannabe rodents...

kylemittskus

meanjoeira wrote:A smiley face doesn't make this comment any less insensitive.

You have no idea where you are right now, do you?

plumtucker

quality posts: 0 Private Messages plumtucker

delicious!

rjquillin

quality posts: 171 Private Messages rjquillin

A few notes from a year ago with a rat, when the Brock was only $43 for a 3-pack. Must have a pricey storage facility.

CT

nfurlong

quality posts: 1 Private Messages nfurlong
rjquillin wrote:A few notes from a year ago with a rat, when the Brock was only $43 for a 3-pack. Must have a pricey storage facility.

Yes, if only my stock portfolio rose as quickly as Woot's prices, I could afford them. Sigh.

koravetz

quality posts: 0 Private Messages koravetz
hillig wrote:Popped the KR PS the other night, and after a three hour decant, it was still tight.

I opened two last week also and agree it was slightly tight. But there was no complaining from everyone who was drinking it. It got high marks from all, will order more and consider putting them away for a year or two. But don't hesitate to drink now.

woot me!!

funbunny

quality posts: 25 Private Messages funbunny
inkycatz wrote:And now, time for a special holiday treat known as moderator awkward topic shift, soooo...

How about that Grenache?

Holidays are all about awkward topics. That is the best part of a family gathering.

"Wine is sunshine held together by water" - Galileo Galilei

neilfindswine

quality posts: 170 Private Messages neilfindswine

Guest Blogger

nfurlong wrote:Yes, if only my stock portfolio rose as quickly as Woot's prices, I could afford them. Sigh.

A few fun facts regarding the Broc Dry Stack Grenache:

-As I've mentioned, I'm a genuine fan of this wine. I like small producers that do small lots of vineyard-designate wines; and grenache is a varietal, when done right, that I love. This is one of my go-to wines for dinner parties; people want to know what it is and where they can get it...

I think winemaker Chris Brockway does some great things with this grape. (His Caragnane is pretty sweet too). There's a nice article on him in the SF Gate, here.

-This wine retails at the winery for $30, so this is a nice discount at $64.99 for 3 bottles. We've sold it at this price twice prior during the Broc Woot+ and the Grenache Day Woot+.

-I also used to be able to get it for $30 from a small wine store in Southern California, when they had it. They no longer do- it's hard to find anywhere- small producer/small production (184 cases).

-Anyone who bought it at the $43 for a 3 pack was very lucky indeed. It ran at that price in a 24-hour offer, and then soon thereafter during a woot-off. After the woot-off, we discovered that there was an error... a ghost in the machine perhaps... the $43 price was supposed to be for 2 bottles... Naturally the price was honored, but was corrected going forward. IMHO the current pricing is a solid deal, at the earlier, incorrect pricing, it was a steal!

So this wasn't a case of 'the price going up', this was a case of 'an incorrect price being corrected'.

With all of that, each will decide whether this deal (or any of these) are for them... This one hits a lot of my criteria: Unique varietal, vineyard designate, hand-crafted by an esteemed winemaker, aged in 100% French oak, hard to come by and...frankly, it's delicious.

I report to winedavid39...
...I like getting PM's from wannabe rodents...

tytiger58

I have bought the Broc three times and it's an excellent deal at the current price!

richardhod

quality posts: 261 Private Messages richardhod

How about that Grenache?

It's a witch! Burn it, burn it!

richardhod

quality posts: 261 Private Messages richardhod

That Rasmussen PS is a steal at $20. Many of the regular people here know this. He's a great winemaker. Buy a case! I have about 14 of these (07 and 08s) and if I had the space and money I'd buy more. Elegant and refined, yet with the heft and fruit you'd expect. Not a typical PS and possibly unique.

kylemittskus

richardhod wrote:That Rasmussen PS is a steal at $20. Many of the regular people here know this. He's a great winemaker. Buy a case! I have about 14 of these (07 and 08s) and if I had the space and money I'd buy more. Elegant and refined, yet with the heft and fruit you'd expect. Not a typical PS and possibly unique.

Hi Richardhod. Welcome to the boards. Stick around and join in.

redwinefan

quality posts: 74 Private Messages redwinefan
neilfindswine wrote:
I think winemaker Chris Brockway does some great things with this grape. (His Caragnane is pretty sweet too). There's a nice article on him in the SF Gate, here.

Neil, could you see about getting some of that Carignane for sale here? Or any decent Carignane for that matter would be welcome.

"You need to invest in a corkscrew. Wine is for drinking." -- Peter Wellington

elvo123

quality posts: 1 Private Messages elvo123

Hey woot, could you guys offer a variety wine bundle? Multiple bundles? The box foams can hold six bottles and half-bottles can be packed with paper padding if bundled with full bottles.

North316

quality posts: 107 Private Messages North316
elvo123 wrote:Hey woot, could you guys offer a variety wine bundle? Multiple bundles? The box foams can hold six bottles and half-bottles can be packed with paper padding if bundled with full bottles.

They do offer variety packs on occasion. They can't, however, offer a variety pack containing wines from different wineries. This is the case because woot does not own these wines, they are only selling the wines for the various wineries. All wine is shipped by the winery themselves, in most cases, therefore combining wine from multiple wineries would be difficult to do.

My CT
"Trust your homies on the net", Clark Smith.
R.I.P. Inkycatz - Feb. 2013

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 563 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

North316 wrote:They do offer variety packs on occasion. They can't, however, offer a variety pack containing wines from different wineries. This is the case because woot does not own these wines, they are only selling the wines for the various wineries. All wine is shipped by the winery themselves, in most cases, therefore combining wine from multiple wineries would be difficult to do.

Also, one winery may have a license to a particular state that another does not.

FORUM MODERATOR.............ON VACATION!
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

elvo123

quality posts: 1 Private Messages elvo123
North316 wrote:They do offer variety packs on occasion. They can't, however, offer a variety pack containing wines from different wineries. This is the case because woot does not own these wines, they are only selling the wines for the various wineries. All wine is shipped by the winery themselves, in most cases, therefore combining wine from multiple wineries would be difficult to do.

ThunderThighs wrote:Also, one winery may have a license to a particular state that another does not.

Didn't know they shipped straight from the wineries. I'll be on the hunt for the occasional packs. Thanks for the replies.

njclay2004

quality posts: 0 Private Messages njclay2004
Cesare wrote:Self Secret Santa: Gifts For YOU
Woot Cellars 2011 Triacipedis the White III 5-Pack
$59.99
2011 Triacipedis the White in the Dominion of the Flower-King

Still haven't gotten mine yet It's stuck in Awaiting Shipping!

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 563 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

njclay2004 wrote:Still haven't gotten mine yet It's stuck in Awaiting Shipping!

Wine shipments take a bit longer than shipments from our other sites. Allow at least 2-3 weeks.

The FAQ:

How long is shipment going to take?
You should get your wine in 2-3 weeks, often sooner. We know the wait is kind of a drag. But it's still gonna taste good (maybe even better), and since we leave it to the wineries to get the wine to you, you can count on their experience to send their wine using their expert methodologies.

FORUM MODERATOR.............ON VACATION!
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

kylemittskus

ThunderThighs wrote:Wine shipments take a bit longer than shipments from our other sites. Allow at least 2-3 weeks.

The FAQ:

How long is shipment going to take?
You should get your wine in 2-3 weeks, often sooner. We know the wait is kind of a drag. But it's still gonna taste good (maybe even better), and since we leave it to the wineries to get the wine to you, you can count on their experience to send their wine using their expert methodologies.

/shippping.

Edit: Nope. Still doesn't work.