zero wooters wootinglots of wooters wooting

Quality Posts

Cesare

quality posts: 1585 Private Messages Cesare

Wellington 2005 Victory and Chateau Epernay II Corkscrew
$59.99 (Normally $104.15) 42% off List Price
2005 Wellington Victory
CT link above

This purchase also includes ONE of the following Chateau Epernay II corkscrews, randomly selected:
Handmade Mahogany & Stainless Steel Corkscrew
Handmade Bamboo & Stainless Steel Corkscrew
Handmade True Bone & Stainless Steel Corkscrew
Handmade Rosewood & Stainless Steel Corkscrew
Handmade Ebony Wood & Stainless Steel Corkscrew

Winery website

Previous offer:
9/24/09

-il Cesare
Sole Absolute Triple
Exalted High Tastemaster Supreme
“In the entire world there are only a few sounds that bring joy to all but the most jaded. One is the murmur of a kitten purring. Another is the thwack of a well-pitched baseball hitting a perfectly swung bat. And the third is the pop of a cork being pulled from a bottle of wine.” —George Taber

rjquillin

quality posts: 170 Private Messages rjquillin

Autobuy. Awesome juice, got five in the cellar from earlier woots and wouldn't mind more, just don't need it paired with the corkscrew, but what a gift this would make for a cab lover!

This will make it, right?

CT

phidan

quality posts: 4 Private Messages phidan

Really wish I could buy like 3 bottles and then subtract the cost of 2 of the corkscrews

winefarm

quality posts: 7 Private Messages winefarm
rjquillin wrote:Autobuy. Awesome juice, got five in the cellar from earlier woots and wouldn't mind more, just don't need it paired with the corkscrew, but what a gift this would make for a cab lover!

This will make it, right?

It will.

tytiger58

quality posts: 74 Private Messages tytiger58

Gotta admit I have been eyeballing my 05's lately...maybe pop one tomorrow before this is over and see if I need more.

What contemptible scoundrel stole the cork from my lunch? ~ W. C. Fields

“Freedom is something that dies unless it's used” Hunter S Thompson

cortot20

quality posts: 136 Private Messages cortot20

This is something I would break the SIWBM for but I don't want the corkscrew. So I'll keep my money..........again.

CT

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 554 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

cortot20 wrote:This is something I would break the SIWBM for but I don't want the corkscrew. So I'll keep my money..........again.

Corkscrew = instant gift for unexpected person, gift exchange, host/hostess gift, etc.

Customer Service: support@woot.com ••• Allow 1-2 business days for response.
••• ► Woot's Return Policy
◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

areaman714

quality posts: 2 Private Messages areaman714

Yep. In for two. So very close to a triple but just going gift these . . .Love buying wine on line . . . being 48 and getting carded makes those decades of Oil of Olay all the more satisfying . . .

pfajardo19

quality posts: 9 Private Messages pfajardo19

Not enamored with the corkscrew either. Recent and past vintage CT scores are good, points to a solid wine (take out the high and low for 2005 and you get about 90), but at $60 your in PlumpJack CADE Howell Mtn (actually available less than $60)territory. Hmmm.. Good juice for those that like Wellington. If they had this without the corkscrew and marked down the price accordingly, I'd be all in. But at $60 + a corkscrew that I will never use (have plenty sitting in a drawer), probably gonna have to pass.

come2thedarkside

mschauber

quality posts: 40 Private Messages mschauber

An option to buy this sans the $22 corkscrew, I'd be in. Just have no use for more corkscrews nor anyone left to gift yet another one

--
Hey you, out there in the cold; Getting lonely, getting old; Can you feel me? - Pink Floyd/Roger Waters
My CT

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 554 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

mschauber wrote:An option to buy this sans the $22 corkscrew, I'd be in. Just have no use for more corkscrews nor anyone left to gift yet another one

Donate to Toys for Wine Freaks? That's legit, right?

Customer Service: support@woot.com ••• Allow 1-2 business days for response.
••• ► Woot's Return Policy
◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

rpm

quality posts: 168 Private Messages rpm

This is a real gift pack for someone you know who is ready to move up in their level of wine appreciation. And, what a gift pack it is: excellent vintage of Peter's Victory and a very decent corkscrew. You would be astounded how many people don't have even a remotely decent corkscrew!

Buy one for that emerging palate wine-friend!

Wine-tasting in 8 words:
Pull lots of corks!
Remember what you taste!

DrCourt

quality posts: 1 Private Messages DrCourt

Virginia not on the list? Noooooooooo. This is terrible!

hiten900

quality posts: 10 Private Messages hiten900

Am I right in assuming that this is for one bottle of the wine? If yes, above my paygrade. Love the wine from this winery.

North316

quality posts: 107 Private Messages North316
hiten900 wrote:Am I right in assuming that this is for one bottle of the wine? If yes, above my paygrade. Love the wine from this winery.

One bottle of wine, plus one corkscrew.

My CT
"Trust your homies on the net", Clark Smith.
R.I.P. Inkycatz - Feb. 2013

North316

I'm with most others on this offer. Would buy the wine, but don't want/need the corkscrew. I understand that it COULD be given as a gift, but if I wanted to to such a thing, I would have bought the corkscrews by themselves when up recently.

Sort of a fail on this one IMHO. I realize it was likely done this way because a small supply of the 05 victory remaining, but not worth swallowing a $20 corkscrew that I already have, to get it.

My CT

slm9951

quality posts: 14 Private Messages slm9951
DrCourt wrote:Virginia not on the list? Noooooooooo. This is terrible!

You need to go to the thread about this on World of Wine Woot, and then write to your representatives!!!!

manny651

quality posts: 1 Private Messages manny651
North316 wrote:I'm with most others on this offer. Would buy the wine, but don't want/need the corkscrew. I understand that it COULD be given as a gift, but if I wanted to to such a thing, I would have bought the corkscrews by themselves when up recently.

Sort of a fail on this one IMHO. I realize it was likely done this way because a small supply of the 05 victory remaining, but not worth swallowing a $20 corkscrew that I already have, to get it.

Couldn't agree more.

chipgreen

quality posts: 184 Private Messages chipgreen
slm9951 wrote:You need to go to the thread about this on World of Wine Woot, and then write to your representatives!!!!

You mean this one? Yes, yes you do.

chipgreen

quality posts: 184 Private Messages chipgreen
manny651 wrote:Couldn't agree more.

Ditto and hopeful that pairing highly desirable wine with less than highly desirable wine accessory does not become a trend.

rmm989

quality posts: 26 Private Messages rmm989
tytiger58 wrote:Gotta admit I have been eyeballing my 05's lately...maybe pop one tomorrow before this is over and see if I need more.

Been doing the same with ours. This is very tempting, but man, that corkscrew. Not a horrible price for a library Victory, corkscrew or not.

CT

charliecarroll

quality posts: 104 Private Messages charliecarroll
North316 wrote:I'm with most others on this offer. Would buy the wine, but don't want/need the corkscrew. I understand that it COULD be given as a gift, but if I wanted to to such a thing, I would have bought the corkscrews by themselves when up recently.

I too agree and in the end I think it will hurt the sales somewhat. While Woot will move a few corkscrews they have not moved they will obviously not move the amount of this wine they would have moved with out it.

For this wine without the corkscrew and about $20 off, I would be in for at least two and possibly three. It would be a hands down no brainer for me on just one. But I will say, the idea of having an instant "gift" around is not all that bad and during the day I will continue to ponder if this is worth it. So, it is possible I will bite but it would be for only one a certainly not more than one. If this surprisingly sells out and I miss out, because of the corkscrew addition and price I will not feel bad about it.

sulakdd

quality posts: 12 Private Messages sulakdd

Why no love for the corkscrews? I bought one on woot when they were offered a year or so ago (ebony). It feels great in the hand and is high quality. Packaged in a very nice case and would make a great gift.

slm9951

quality posts: 14 Private Messages slm9951

How is Mr. Wellington doing? Anyone know?

lurcher

quality posts: 8 Private Messages lurcher
winefarm wrote:It will.

Something about you posting under this account with THAT avatar - just don't seem right...

chukon99

quality posts: 4 Private Messages chukon99

I'm on the fence, mainly because I'm running out of space. Anyone know how this is drinking? I popped an '06 over the weekend (CT note here) and, while very good, it clearly needs another 2-4 years in the cellar. Is the '05 in a similar place? Or is it a bit more open and ready now?

North316

sulakdd wrote:Why no love for the corkscrews? I bought one on woot when they were offered a year or so ago (ebony). It feels great in the hand and is high quality. Packaged in a very nice case and would make a great gift.

I don't hate the corkscrew. I actually have one and love it, it is the only corkscrew I use. I just have no need for another one.

My CT

bobrush12866

quality posts: 8 Private Messages bobrush12866
charliecarroll wrote:I too agree and in the end I think it will hurt the sales somewhat. While Woot will move a few corkscrews they have not moved they will obviously not move the amount of this wine they would have moved with out it.

For this wine without the corkscrew and about $20 off, I would be in for at least two and possibly three. It would be a hands down no brainer for me on just one. But I will say, the idea of having an instant "gift" around is not all that bad and during the day I will continue to ponder if this is worth it. So, it is possible I will bite but it would be for only one a certainly not more than one. If this surprisingly sells out and I miss out, because of the corkscrew addition and price I will not feel bad about it.

Also agree! The bundled deal with the corkscrew bites. Would be in for 3 otherwise. Don't need n Don't want the corkscrew for my use or otherwise.... PASS!

Edit: an easy auto-buy was (cork) screwed up!

This deal is not fair to wooters or Peter!

tdedek

quality posts: 4 Private Messages tdedek
chipgreen wrote:Ditto and hopeful that pairing highly desirable wine with less than highly desirable wine accessory does not become a trend.

+1

Reclaimer456

quality posts: 2 Private Messages Reclaimer456
areaman714 wrote:Yep. In for two. So very close to a triple but just going gift these . . .Love buying wine on line . . . being 48 and getting carded makes those decades of Oil of Olay all the more satisfying . . .

They are legally required to card you, no matter how old you look.

rpm

quality posts: 168 Private Messages rpm
tytiger58 wrote:Gotta admit I have been eyeballing my 05's lately...maybe pop one tomorrow before this is over and see if I need more.

They should be sound asleep right now! Not so much in a big bottle, but definitely in a 750ml. Letting them sleep another 3-4 years will repay you. You will not get a 2005 in a 750 at its best in any way -- as a young fruity wine or as mature -- right about now.

Wine-tasting in 8 words:
Pull lots of corks!
Remember what you taste!

xibbumbero

quality posts: 5 Private Messages xibbumbero

If it wasn't a random selection of the corkscrew,I'd be in but there's only a couple I like and knowing my luck I'd get the ones I don't care for. Oh well. X

mchls45

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mchls45

Speaking of corkscrews has anyone heard of when The Crusher aka Big Orange is going on sale. Don & Sons is mum about it, staff won't answer. So, anyone, anyone, hint, help.

North316

mchls45 wrote:Speaking of corkscrews has anyone heard of when The Crusher aka Big Orange is going on sale. Don & Sons is mum about it, staff won't answer. So, anyone, anyone, hint, help.

They have actually both answered, and said it will be offered in early 2013.

My CT

true559

quality posts: 23 Private Messages true559

Somehow the case of Wellington cab offered for $150 a while back seemed a lot more appealing than this offer...pass.

tytiger58

quality posts: 74 Private Messages tytiger58
rpm wrote:They should be sound asleep right now! Not so much in a big bottle, but definitely in a 750ml. Letting them sleep another 3-4 years will repay you. You will not get a 2005 in a 750 at its best in any way -- as a young fruity wine or as mature -- right about now.

That's what i was afraid of...well that takes the pressure off. Although i did try one a couple of years ago and it was young and delicious!

What contemptible scoundrel stole the cork from my lunch? ~ W. C. Fields

“Freedom is something that dies unless it's used” Hunter S Thompson

winefarm

quality posts: 7 Private Messages winefarm
mchls45 wrote:Speaking of corkscrews has anyone heard of when The Crusher aka Big Orange is going on sale. Don & Sons is mum about it, staff won't answer. So, anyone, anyone, hint, help.

probably about when you start smelling the orange blossoms..

dmyers314

quality posts: 4 Private Messages dmyers314

I've bought the 05 in previous offerings. My friends and I have really enjoyed them.

Tunes4u

quality posts: 3 Private Messages Tunes4u

Would have gone for three had there been no cork screw involved...Sokay....I can wait.....

It is well to remember that there are five reasons for drinking wine: the arrival of a friend; one's present or future thirst; the excellence of the wine; or any other reason.