chemvictim

quality posts: 3 Private Messages chemvictim
polarbear22 wrote:Having a prime rib tomorrow night. Hopefully as nice looking as Mother's. (And we will let it get to room temp first, I promise.)

Any suggestions from my cellar for a Cabernet to pair with it. (Rubbed with salt, pepper, garlic, tyhme and EVOO. Served with horseradish, potatoes/mushroom au gratin and green beans.) Son and his fiancee are coming. And we will have leftovers on Christmas for just the two of us. So with your help, I will select two Cabs for with this roast.

That sounds sooo good.

polarbear22

quality posts: 35 Private Messages polarbear22
chemvictim wrote:That sounds sooo good.

You should see the photos of Mother's prime rib on Facebook. Looks fantastic. Can't wait.

Polar bears are meant to be clever, very clever. They are the Einsteins of the bear community. - Anonymous
Please donate to the 2014 MS Bike Ride
Want to read what SonomaBouliste has to say about wine?
Ddeuddeg Cheesecake Cookbook
My Cellar

mother

quality posts: 15 Private Messages mother
polarbear22 wrote:Having a prime rib tomorrow night. Hopefully as nice looking as Mother's. (And we will let it get to room temp first, I promise.)

Any suggestions from my cellar for a Cabernet to pair with it. (Rubbed with salt, pepper, garlic, tyhme and EVOO. Served with horseradish, potatoes/mushroom au gratin and green beans.) Son and his fiancee are coming. And we will have leftovers on Christmas for just the two of us. So with your help, I will select two Cabs for with this roast.

I've not personally had it, but the 2005 BV Dulcet Reserve looks like it might be a winner...

polarbear22 wrote:You should see the photos of Mother's prime rib on Facebook. Looks fantastic. Can't wait.

Thanks, unfortunately I have to live knowing that more of it is only 10 feet away... must ... not... take... more.

It was totally worth the derisive looks from the plebes at Shoprite as I methodically went through the entire selection of roasts until I found one with good color and marbling ;)

bhodilee

quality posts: 32 Private Messages bhodilee
chemvictim wrote:Out in the snow and rain today, but managed to get my husband's Christmas Scotch. I tried to see if I could get it at Costco since it was closer, but they would not let me in to see if they had it. As if I'm going to wait in line and pay for a membership for the privilege of seeing whether they even carry the item I want.

Tell them you are going to the pharmacy. They can't stop you. Also, someone once said you can buy liquor there without a membership

"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it."

– George Bernard Shaw, author (1856-1950)

polarbear22

quality posts: 35 Private Messages polarbear22
mother wrote:Thanks, unfortunately I have to live knowing that more of it is only 10 feet away... must ... not... take... more.

It was totally worth the derisive looks from the plebes at Shoprite as I methodically went through the entire selection of roasts until I found one with good color and marbling ;)

You have to get the best. We start at a small shop where the meat is always wonderful. As close to a local butcher as we can get. I try to follow advice from Bowtie when it comes to meat.

Polar bears are meant to be clever, very clever. They are the Einsteins of the bear community. - Anonymous
Please donate to the 2014 MS Bike Ride
Want to read what SonomaBouliste has to say about wine?
Ddeuddeg Cheesecake Cookbook
My Cellar

North316

quality posts: 107 Private Messages North316
kylemittskus wrote:I got a Bunch of Cheer today with a letter, basically thanking me for my participation in the forums. Anyone else?

I got one on Friday, with a letter as well, but it seemed like a generic letter. It was printed, but done so using a "hand-written font". Mostly junk, but there was a nice Kelty bag in there.

My CT
"Trust your homies on the net", Clark Smith.
R.I.P. Inkycatz - Feb. 2013

rjquillin

quality posts: 178 Private Messages rjquillin

Doing some comparative tasting between a 2009 Sextant CS and another offering from the same house; interesting. The '09 needs some air yet, or a venturi...

CT

otolith

quality posts: 22 Private Messages otolith
kylemittskus wrote:I got a Bunch of Cheer today with a letter, basically thanking me for my participation in the forums. Anyone else?

Were they cement shoes?

"When we try to pick out anything by itself, we find it hitched to everything else in the universe."
--John Muir

otolith

We are also having prime rib--bone in! We have 2, so I may do one on the grill, and the other in the oven with the convection roast feature. I've always done it on the grill, so using the oven will be a new experience.

Now, to figure out a wine. Possibly a 99 Insignia. : )

"When we try to pick out anything by itself, we find it hitched to everything else in the universe."
--John Muir

otolith

bhodilee wrote:Tell them you are going to the pharmacy. They can't stop you. Also, someone once said you can buy liquor there without a membership

Correct on the etoh.

--John Muir

otolith

Was going to try to stay up and start the pub with some sort of CS in there..but will try to get beauty sleep instead (and I need as much as I can get).

--John Muir

otolith

MarkDaSpark wrote:Ornaments Make Festive Garland!!! Prepare to pee your pants.

25 Funniest Auto-corrects of 2012. Definitely NSFW.

Edit: My vote goes to 3, 5, 7, & 10 for best ones.

I have sent this link to several people and have been blamed for causing several outbursts of laughter.

--John Muir

Cesare

quality posts: 1642 Private Messages Cesare

Got a huge box Saturday.

-il Cesare
Sole Absolute Triple
Exalted High Tastemaster Supreme
“In the entire world there are only a few sounds that bring joy to all but the most jaded. One is the murmur of a kitten purring. Another is the thwack of a well-pitched baseball hitting a perfectly swung bat. And the third is the pop of a cork being pulled from a bottle of wine.” —George Taber

kylemittskus

quality posts: 231 Private Messages kylemittskus
otolith wrote:Were they cement shoes?

Actually, yeah.And they fit me perfectly. Why?

"If drinking is bitter, change yourself to wine." -Rainer Maria Rilke

"Champagne is a very kind and friendly thing on a rainy night." -Isak Dinesen

Cesare

quality posts: 1642 Private Messages Cesare
bhodilee wrote:Tell them you are going to the pharmacy. They can't stop you. Also, someone once said you can buy liquor there without a membership

otolith wrote:Correct on the etoh.

Depends on the state, as usual with alcohol.
You can get to the pharmacy. They have their own register and they don't scan your membership card.
Also you can just say you want to sign up and they will let you in.

-il Cesare
Sole Absolute Triple
Exalted High Tastemaster Supreme
“In the entire world there are only a few sounds that bring joy to all but the most jaded. One is the murmur of a kitten purring. Another is the thwack of a well-pitched baseball hitting a perfectly swung bat. And the third is the pop of a cork being pulled from a bottle of wine.” —George Taber

bkarlan

quality posts: 46 Private Messages bkarlan
MarkDaSpark wrote:Ornaments Make Festive Garland!!! Prepare to pee your pants.

25 Funniest Auto-corrects of 2012. Definitely NSFW.

Edit: My vote goes to 3, 5, 7, & 10 for best ones.

I just woke my kid up from sleeping. Damn you Sparky. I couldn't go put her back to bed because I was laughing to hard.

"War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse..." - John Stuart Mill

bkarlan

quality posts: 46 Private Messages bkarlan
chemvictim wrote:Out in the snow and rain today, but managed to get my husband's Christmas Scotch. I tried to see if I could get it at Costco since it was closer, but they would not let me in to see if they had it. As if I'm going to wait in line and pay for a membership for the privilege of seeing whether they even carry the item I want.

Costco let us walk around the store to see what they had before we signed up for a membership. That is odd that they wouldn't let you browse.

"War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse..." - John Stuart Mill

MarkDaSpark

quality posts: 185 Private Messages MarkDaSpark

If they sent to my normal wine address, I won't know til tomorrow when I drop by.

Someone has to put WD's kids thru college, but why does it have to be me!
*This post is for purposes of enabling only, and does not constitute any promise of helping pay for said enabling. It does indicate willingness to assist in drinking said wine.

MarkDaSpark

polarbear22 wrote:Out shopping. probably came across a wine tasting.

I think I just made someone else's "list".

Nope, but Mother did!

I was hoping someone would pick up on the lyrics. Slackers!!!!

*This post is for purposes of enabling only, and does not constitute any promise of helping pay for said enabling. It does indicate willingness to assist in drinking said wine.

MarkDaSpark

bkarlan wrote:I just woke my kid up from sleeping. Damn you Sparky. I couldn't go put her back to bed because I was laughing to hard.

Excellent!!!!

tiger7610

quality posts: 17 Private Messages tiger7610

Are the Bunch of Cheer from some sort of event, or did the last wootoffs actually had some Bunch of Cheer

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 585 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

Pictures. World of Woot. Post pictures in World of Woot! We want to see what you got and the letter!

FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders