klezman

quality posts: 130 Private Messages klezman
ddeuddeg wrote:
Set the alarm for 2:55AM (EST) to make sure I was awake to learn a simple and valuable lesson: It's far easier to get a Bandolier of Carrots than it is to get dinner reservations at The French Laundry.
At 12:00:02 (PST), the message on Open Table was "Your requested date exceeds the maximum advance reservation limit for The French Laundry. At 12:00:05, it was "There are no reservations currently available for the day you have requested. The French Laundry maintains a waitlist via the phone only. They would be happy to add your name to the list."
From not taking reservations yet to fully booked in 3 seconds. Sheeesh!

End of rant. Thanks for your patience.

a) That sucks.
b) Head down to Palo Alto and go to Baumé instead?
c) Sparky!

2014: 42 bottles. Last wine.woot: 2012 Iron Horse Estate Chardonnay
2013: 66 bottles, 2012: 91 bottles, 2011: 92 bottles, 2010: 74 bottles, 2009: 30 bottles, 2008: 3 bottles My CT

ddeuddeg

quality posts: 32 Private Messages ddeuddeg
klezman wrote:a) That sucks.
b) Head down to Palo Alto and go to Baumé instead?
c) Sparky!

Palo Alto is a bit farther afield than we had thought of going, but I'll put it on the list for future occasions, especially since we have friends in the area. I've heard great things about Scopa in Healdsburg, we'll probably pay Zin a visit there also. Anybody know anything about the CIA over in St. Helena? The one on the Hudson River is outstanding.

"Always keep a bottle of Champagne in the fridge for special occasions. Sometimes the special occasion is that you've got a bottle of Champagne in the fridge". - Hester Browne

Ddeuddeg's Cheesecake Cookbook

MarkDaSpark

quality posts: 187 Private Messages MarkDaSpark
otolith wrote:Ornaments Make Festive Garland Ornaments Make Festive Garland Ornaments Make Festive Garland!

How did you PSyth PSychos not announce this to the world?

More for us?

Someone has to put WD's kids thru college, but why does it have to be me!
*This post is for purposes of enabling only, and does not constitute any promise of helping pay for said enabling. It does indicate willingness to assist in drinking said wine.

MarkDaSpark

cheron98 wrote:Except then he added the cowbell to his signature too. >.<

Backfire!

You did ask for more cowbell!!!

Just a few more days ....

*This post is for purposes of enabling only, and does not constitute any promise of helping pay for said enabling. It does indicate willingness to assist in drinking said wine.

klezman

ddeuddeg wrote:Palo Alto is a bit farther afield than we had thought of going, but I'll put it on the list for future occasions, especially since we have friends in the area. I've heard great things about Scopa in Healdsburg, we'll probably pay Zin a visit there also. Anybody know anything about the CIA over in St. Helena? The one on the Hudson River is outstanding.

Went to CIA (I assume you mean Greystone) a few years ago and enjoyed it. Wish I remembered more, though. There was another one in Napa city proper that we enjoyed better.

2013: 66 bottles, 2012: 91 bottles, 2011: 92 bottles, 2010: 74 bottles, 2009: 30 bottles, 2008: 3 bottles My CT

cortot20

quality posts: 158 Private Messages cortot20
HitAnyKey42 wrote:Why do you two do this all the time? (and not just you two, but others as well)
We know you two have each other's email addresses. Why use the stupid PM system here where you have to post in the forum about personal messages like this? It's just plain silly. Just send an email, already.

I actually don't have his email.
And I don't have facebook, or any of the other 1000+ ways to contact Mark other than this medium. So you will just have to continue to be annoyed by.......PM for you HAK.

CT

cjsiege

quality posts: 14 Private Messages cjsiege
MarkDaSpark wrote:You did ask for more cowbell!!!

Just a few more days ....

Isn't Hanukkah over?

Merry Christmas, honey-bunny!

MarkDaSpark

cjsiege wrote:Isn't Hanukkah over?

Merry Christmas, honey-bunny!

Yes, but I didn't want to think I was ignoring them. I suppose I should remove it ....

And Merry Sparkly Christmas to you too!

Speaking of honey bunnies, how is bunnymasseuse? I really need to get back to a NoVA/DC event someday!

bahwm

quality posts: 32 Private Messages bahwm
MarkDaSpark wrote:Thus the Not Safe For Work (NSFW) label!!!

I'm still laughing just thinking about them!

Ooops! I missed the (NSFW) label. It was late and I was really tired!

May our love be like good wine, grow stronger as it grows older. ~ Old English Toast

CAGrl

quality posts: 13 Private Messages CAGrl
ddeuddeg wrote:Palo Alto is a bit farther afield than we had thought of going, but I'll put it on the list for future occasions, especially since we have friends in the area. I've heard great things about Scopa in Healdsburg, we'll probably pay Zin a visit there also. Anybody know anything about the CIA over in St. Helena? The one on the Hudson River is outstanding.

Yeah me!!! I live in palo alto do come visit!!!

bahwm

pcuccaro wrote:No kidding! I started looking at these yesterday in a meeting and I burst out laughing.

Oh, no! I'm sure that was NOT a good thing!

May our love be like good wine, grow stronger as it grows older. ~ Old English Toast

Itwdswafo

quality posts: 8 Private Messages Itwdswafo
ddeuddeg wrote:

It's possible that someone has bought out the restaurant for a private party, so there would be no serrations to be had on that night any how. How far ahead are you trying to book, and during what month?

Itwdswafo

quality posts: 8 Private Messages Itwdswafo
ddeuddeg wrote: The one on the Hudson River is outstanding.

Thanks! The view from my dorm room wasn't too shabby either.

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 604 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

cheron98 wrote:Yes, because he totally needs more dancing images in his signature.

You know what his signature needs? More cowbell.
pcuccaro wrote:TT - Don't encourage him! When your signature line has a scroll bar on the side, it's time to stop the madness!

Edit: I see that Cheron had a similar reaction. I like the idea of more cowbell.

You really think he needs encouraging?

Ok. If you insist.

Sparky, here's a to go with your cowbell.

FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except orders with Woot-Off or expedited items

ThunderThighs

Staff

otolith wrote:Ornaments Make Festive Garland Ornaments Make Festive Garland Ornaments Make Festive Garland!

How did you PSyth PSychos not announce this to the world?

Filters. They entertain me so.

FORUM MODERATOR
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except orders with Woot-Off or expedited items

MarkDaSpark

ThunderThighs wrote:You really think he needs encouraging?

Ok. If you insist.

Sparky, here's a to go with your cowbell.

mommadeb1

quality posts: 18 Private Messages mommadeb1

How's everyone surviving your winter storms? I think we got down to freezing or almost to freezing last night.... winds are still strong here..

edthebedhead

quality posts: 4 Private Messages edthebedhead
chemvictim wrote:That happened on my work email over the Thanksgiving holiday. It went on for days. People got back from vacation and replied and it all started over again.

... the worst. Alumni list serve decided to have a reply all fest last week.

... I'm so amazed at how many people don't see the "reply" and "reply all " buttons.

bahwm

mommadeb1 wrote:How's everyone surviving your winter storms? I think we got down to freezing or almost to freezing last night.... winds are still strong here..

Storm? What storm? The biggest fizzle ever! Just a dusting that is all but gone from the sidewalks and streets.

mommadeb1

quality posts: 18 Private Messages mommadeb1
bahwm wrote:Storm? What storm? The biggest fizzle ever! Just a dusting that is all but gone from the sidewalks and streets.

I'm glad to hear

tiger7610

quality posts: 17 Private Messages tiger7610

That is what happened in Ithaca as well, Geneva NY where I drove from this morning was a different story. Whiteout conditions and horrible roads. We shall see how my drive to syracuse goes.

ThunderThighs

Staff

We're looking for 70 degrees tomorrow and the slight possibility of a white Christmas by Tuesday. Must be Texas.

FORUM MODERATOR

chemvictim

quality posts: 3 Private Messages chemvictim
edthebedhead wrote:... the worst. Alumni list serve decided to have a reply all fest last week.

... I'm so amazed at how many people don't see the "reply" and "reply all " buttons.

In our case, the "reply" button replied to all. I think that was part of the problem.

pcuccaro

quality posts: 8 Private Messages pcuccaro
bahwm wrote:Oh, no! I'm sure that was NOT a good thing!

No - I received a few glares. But who schedules a 4 hour meeting 2 days before we break for the holidays? It was all I could do to sit there and pay attention for as long as I did.

Fill your glass when it is empty, empty it when it is full, never leave it empty, never leave it full.
Italian proverb

MarkDaSpark

Oh the Shopping outside is frightful,
But the Wine is so delightful ...

mother

quality posts: 15 Private Messages mother
MarkDaSpark wrote:Oh the Shopping outside is frightful,
But the Wine is so delightful ...

Like you would drink your wine... ;)

polarbear22

quality posts: 35 Private Messages polarbear22
mother wrote:Like you would drink your wine... ;)

Out shopping. probably came across a wine tasting.

I think I just made someone else's "list".

Polar bears are meant to be clever, very clever. They are the Einsteins of the bear community. - Anonymous
Please donate to the 2014 MS Bike Ride
Want to read what SonomaBouliste has to say about wine?
Ddeuddeg Cheesecake Cookbook
My Cellar

chemvictim

Out in the snow and rain today, but managed to get my husband's Christmas Scotch. I tried to see if I could get it at Costco since it was closer, but they would not let me in to see if they had it. As if I'm going to wait in line and pay for a membership for the privilege of seeing whether they even carry the item I want.

klezman

chemvictim wrote:Out in the snow and rain today, but managed to get my husband's Christmas Scotch. I tried to see if I could get it at Costco since it was closer, but they would not let me in to see if they had it. As if I'm going to wait in line and pay for a membership for the privilege of seeing whether they even carry the item I want.

Just ignore them as you walk past. They're not going to chase you.

bahwm

One of our elderly choir members called yesterday afternoon and asked if we could give her a ride to church this morning. According to her, "There is sooooo much snow on my street and my car is all covered in snow! I'd really appreciate it if you could give me a ride." Me, "Sure. You got A LOT of snow? (We're only about 1.5 miles from her and only had about an inch of snow!)" Elderly choir member, "Oh, yes! You know, we are in the snow belt and part of my street really got nailed!" Me, "Wow! Really? OK, we'll pick you up at 9:25."

So, I couldn't help but wonder: How much snow did she really have? We got there to pick her up this morning and she might have had an additional half inch--but soooo much snow? Um, no! We've come to the conclusion that she really doesn't want to take chances on possibly slippery roads. She asked about a ride on Christmas Eve. That probably won't be happening--we'll be 15 miles away at our niece's house. We're not planning on coming home before the 11:30 Musical Prelude before Mass. One of the other choir members who is a little farther away will pick her up instead.

kylemittskus

quality posts: 232 Private Messages kylemittskus

I got a Bunch of Cheer today with a letter, basically thanking me for my participation in the forums. Anyone else?

"If drinking is bitter, change yourself to wine." -Rainer Maria Rilke

"Champagne is a very kind and friendly thing on a rainy night." -Isak Dinesen

mother

bahwm wrote: (We're only about 1.5 miles from her and only had about an inch of snow!)" Elderly choir member, "Oh, yes! You know, we are in the snow belt and part of my street really got nailed!"

For those who never lived up that way- it's entirely possible that one neighborhood got 1.5" and another, only a couple miles away got 1.5'. It all depends on the state of Lake Erie and the direction of the winds...

mother

kylemittskus wrote:I got a Bunch of Cheer today with a letter, basically thanking me for my participation in the forums. Anyone else?

Somehow I think I got left off that list ;)

Edit: You got it on a Sunday??

tytiger58

quality posts: 74 Private Messages tytiger58
kylemittskus wrote:I got a Bunch of Cheer today with a letter, basically thanking me for my participation in the forums. Anyone else?

I think I know what your saying...although i'm more of a problem in the forums lately??

What contemptible scoundrel stole the cork from my lunch? ~ W. C. Fields

“Freedom is something that dies unless it's used” Hunter S Thompson

edthebedhead

chemvictim wrote:In our case, the "reply" button replied to all. I think that was part of the problem.

Yeah. Not ideal.

edthebedhead

Christmas Dinner tonight. Prime Rib, green beans, and a [url=http://www.cellartracker.com/wine.asp?iWine=611193]2003 Ty Caton Cabernet Sauvignon[\url]

Great so far, but just opened. Should be improved in an hour.

polarbear22

Having a prime rib tomorrow night. Hopefully as nice looking as Mother's. (And we will let it get to room temp first, I promise.)

Any suggestions from my cellar for a Cabernet to pair with it. (Rubbed with salt, pepper, garlic, tyhme and EVOO. Served with horseradish, potatoes/mushroom au gratin and green beans.) Son and his fiancee are coming. And we will have leftovers on Christmas for just the two of us. So with your help, I will select two Cabs for with this roast.

Polar bears are meant to be clever, very clever. They are the Einsteins of the bear community. - Anonymous
Please donate to the 2014 MS Bike Ride
Want to read what SonomaBouliste has to say about wine?
Ddeuddeg Cheesecake Cookbook
My Cellar

chemvictim

klezman wrote:Just ignore them as you walk past. They're not going to chase you.

But wouldn't it be embarrassing if they did? I was annoyed, and it was raining, so I just told the lady nevermind, I'll buy my stuff elsewhere. And I did.

polarbear22

kylemittskus

quality posts: 232 Private Messages kylemittskus
mother wrote:Somehow I think I got left off that list ;)

Edit: You got it on a Sunday??

Got home today. Delivered Saturday.

"If drinking is bitter, change yourself to wine." -Rainer Maria Rilke

"Champagne is a very kind and friendly thing on a rainy night." -Isak Dinesen