edthebedhead

quality posts: 4 Private Messages edthebedhead
inkycatz wrote:I have faith in the wine.woot crew!

I do too...

Which is why I was disappointed to read this in a thread from a week or so ago..
x-post from Woot Cellars thread.

ThunderThighs wrote:With the number of wooters we have these days, that program had to be discontinued. It was too hard to maintain. Sorry.

Oh no! Boo. Please reconsider - the code monkeys can make it happen auto magically.

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 560 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

MarkDaSpark wrote:Hey Inky or TT ... you guys gonna fix my First Sucker on the Woot-off DH PS??

Sorry I'm late. How's this:

Customer Service: support@woot.com ••• Allow 1-2 business days for response.
••• ► Woot's Return Policy
◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

MarkDaSpark

quality posts: 181 Private Messages MarkDaSpark
ThunderThighs wrote:Sorry I'm late. How's this:

It still isn't fixed.

Someone has to put WD's kids thru college, but why does it have to be me!
*This post is for purposes of enabling only, and does not constitute any promise of helping pay for said enabling. It does indicate willingness to assist in drinking said wine.

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 560 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

MarkDaSpark wrote:
It still isn't fixed.

Yeah, ain't gonna happen either. Some weirdo glitch in the system somewhere. Sorry pal.

Here, having a dancing holly for your signature:

Customer Service: support@woot.com ••• Allow 1-2 business days for response.
••• ► Woot's Return Policy
◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

North316

quality posts: 107 Private Messages North316
edthebedhead wrote:Hmm. I have the paid for version of Pandora (best $30 I've ever spent) because I HATE commercials.

I don't seem to use too much data, but it plays quite a bit. I'll have to check it again this month.

If you have it connected to wifi that's why. It only hits your phone plans data if it is playing through 3g/4g connection.

My CT
"Trust your homies on the net", Clark Smith.
R.I.P. Inkycatz - Feb. 2013

bhodilee

quality posts: 32 Private Messages bhodilee
North316 wrote:If you have it connected to wifi that's why. It only hits your phone plans data if it is playing through 3g/4g connection.

Which again, is why I like Sprint. I stream it for 2 hours a day with no problem over 3G on the way to and from work. Can't even remember the last time I listened to the radio for more than a few minutes.

"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it."

– George Bernard Shaw, author (1856-1950)

edthebedhead

quality posts: 4 Private Messages edthebedhead
North316 wrote:If you have it connected to wifi that's why. It only hits your phone plans data if it is playing through 3g/4g connection.

Well yes.

I don't seem to use much data even on 3g. I've been amazed how well Pandora works...

I don't watch much video on my phone, which I suspect eats a lot of data. I use email, pandora, and google maps from time to time. I average 1.3GB /month.

... I used to have my iPhone jailbroken, and I set it up as my home wifi hotspot when I moved, before I had Comcast set up. ... turns out you can watch Netflix/hulu over a 3g connection, but you'll use ~16+GB/month doing so. ... AT&T called and asked me to stop. (but no penalty).

mommadeb1

quality posts: 17 Private Messages mommadeb1
bhodilee wrote:First big snow tomorrow. Between 5-9 inches. Not a big deal, but 30mph winds make it no fun. Got gas for the snow blower, but may not even need it!

dang... and I was complaining because it was 48 when I took my daughter to the bus!! It did warm up to almost 80...our high on Friday is only going to be 60!!! burrrrr

Itwdswafo

quality posts: 7 Private Messages Itwdswafo
mommadeb1 wrote:dang... and I was complaining because it was 48 when I took my daughter to the bus!! It did warm up to almost 80...our high on Friday is only going to be 60!!! burrrrr

It was 47 today and I was sweating! What's going on!? I'm from SoCal, this isn't what my body is supposed to be doing!

mommadeb1

Itwdswafo wrote:It was 47 today and I was sweating! What's going on!? I'm from SoCal, this isn't what my body is supposed to be doing!

47 and sweating???!! maybe you are sick??? ha ha ha anything below 80 is cold for me!!

bahwm

quality posts: 28 Private Messages bahwm
Itwdswafo wrote:It was 47 today and I was sweating! What's going on!? I'm from SoCal, this isn't what my body is supposed to be doing!

But 47 HAS been warm lately! Strange, I know.

May our love be like good wine, grow stronger as it grows older. ~ Old English Toast

cheron98

quality posts: 123 Private Messages cheron98
edthebedhead wrote:Hmm. I have the paid for version of Pandora (best $30 I've ever spent) because I HATE commercials.

I don't seem to use too much data, but it plays quite a bit. I'll have to check it again this month.

We have the paid Pandora, too. Not so bad when I'm at home with wifi, but at work, it's using data. And in the car it's data. Chomp chomp.

I saw HitAnyKey42 on wine.woot! and clicked "I want one!"

cheron98

ThunderThighs wrote:Yeah, ain't gonna happen either. Some weirdo glitch in the system somewhere. Sorry pal.

Yes, because he totally needs more dancing images in his signature.

You know what his signature needs? More cowbell.

MarkDaSpark

cheron98 wrote:Yes, because he totally needs more dancing images in his signature.

You know what his signature needs? More cowbell.

As you wish ....

*This post is for purposes of enabling only, and does not constitute any promise of helping pay for said enabling. It does indicate willingness to assist in drinking said wine.

cortot20

quality posts: 136 Private Messages cortot20

Sparky, PM for you.

CT

MarkDaSpark

cortot20 wrote:Sparky, PM for you.

Got it and replied. You forgot the handling and storage fees.

cortot20

quality posts: 136 Private Messages cortot20
MarkDaSpark wrote:Got it and replied. You forgot the handling and storage fees.

Wasn't I doing you a favor...........

CT

MarkDaSpark

Ornaments Make Festive Garland!!! Prepare to pee your pants.

25 Funniest Auto-corrects of 2012. Definitely NSFW.

Edit: My vote goes to 3, 5, 7, & 10 for best ones.

MarkDaSpark

cortot20 wrote:Wasn't I doing you a favor...........

Thus the discount on the Storage and Handling fees.

Plus I'm not charging the Transportation costs.

MarkDaSpark

Happy Birthday to Mrs. PetiteSirah!!!!

Happy Birthday to Mrs. PetiteSirah!!!!!

☆¸.•°*”˜˜”*°•.¸☆ ★ ☆¸.•°*”˜˜”*°•.¸☆
╔╗╔╦══╦═╦═╦╗╔╗ ★ ★ ★
║╚╝║══║═║═║╚╝║ ☆¸.•°*”˜˜”*°•.¸☆
║╔╗║╔╗║╔╣╔╩╗╔╝ ★ ☆ BIRTHDAY !!
╚╝╚╩╝╚╩╝╚╝═╚╝ ♥¥☆★☆★☆¥♥ ★☆

mommadeb1

MarkDaSpark wrote:Ornaments Make Festive Garland!!! Prepare to pee your pants.

Ornaments Make Festive Garland....this is tooooo funny!

mommadeb1

MarkDaSpark wrote:Happy Birthday to Mrs. PetiteSirah!!!!

Happy Birthday to Mrs. PetiteSirah!!!!!

☆¸.•°*”˜˜”*°•.¸☆ ★ ☆¸.•°*”˜˜”*°•.¸☆
╔╗╔╦══╦═╦═╦╗╔╗ ★ ★ ★
║╚╝║══║═║═║╚╝║ ☆¸.•°*”˜˜”*°•.¸☆
║╔╗║╔╗║╔╣╔╩╗╔╝ ★ ☆ BIRTHDAY !!
╚╝╚╩╝╚╩╝╚╝═╚╝ ♥¥☆★☆★☆¥♥ ★☆

Happy Birthday!!

cheron98

MarkDaSpark wrote:As you wish ....

Sparky always comes through.

bahwm

quality posts: 28 Private Messages bahwm
MarkDaSpark wrote:Ornaments Make Festive Garland!!! Prepare to pee your pants.

Oh, wow! Sidesplitting! Thanks, Sparky! This should come with a warning though: Be careful where you read these!

May our love be like good wine, grow stronger as it grows older. ~ Old English Toast

MarkDaSpark

bahwm wrote:Oh, wow! Sidesplitting! Thanks, Sparky! This should come with a warning though: Be careful where you read these!

Thus the Not Safe For Work (NSFW) label!!!

I'm still laughing just thinking about them!

mommadeb1

Happy End of the World day!!! Or should I say ..Happy Winter Solstice?!!! either way, be careful my friends who have that nasty white stuff falling from the sky!!! we have high winds and our high is only going to be 60! it is only 55 now.......

cheron98

mommadeb1 wrote:Happy End of the World day!!! Or should I say ..Happy Winter Solstice?!!! either way, be careful my friends who have that nasty white stuff falling from the sky!!! we have high winds and our high is only going to be 60! it is only 55 now.......

I like to say, Happy New B'ak'tun Because that's all it is.

pcuccaro

quality posts: 8 Private Messages pcuccaro
ThunderThighs wrote:Yeah, ain't gonna happen either. Some weirdo glitch in the system somewhere. Sorry pal.

TT - Don't encourage him! When your signature line has a scroll bar on the side, it's time to stop the madness!

Edit: I see that Cheron had a similar reaction. I like the idea of more cowbell.

Fill your glass when it is empty, empty it when it is full, never leave it empty, never leave it full.
Italian proverb

pcuccaro

quality posts: 8 Private Messages pcuccaro
bahwm wrote:Oh, wow! Sidesplitting! Thanks, Sparky! This should come with a warning though: Be careful where you read these!

No kidding! I started looking at these yesterday in a meeting and I burst out laughing.

Fill your glass when it is empty, empty it when it is full, never leave it empty, never leave it full.
Italian proverb

MarkDaSpark

pcuccaro wrote:TT - Don't encourage him! When your signature line has a scroll bar on the side, it's time to stop the madness!

Edit: I see that Cheron had a similar reaction. I like the idea of more cowbell.

Well, if you noticed, I didn't add it (and really then needed the scroll bar for my sig) until after Cheron requested more Cowbell. And really, it'll only be for the holidays.

Oh, and people in glass houses ...

ddeuddeg

quality posts: 29 Private Messages ddeuddeg

Set the alarm for 2:55AM (EST) to make sure I was awake to learn a simple and valuable lesson: It's far easier to get a Bandolier of Carrots than it is to get dinner reservations at The French Laundry.
At 12:00:02 (PST), the message on Open Table was "Your requested date exceeds the maximum advance reservation limit for The French Laundry. At 12:00:05, it was "There are no reservations currently available for the day you have requested. The French Laundry maintains a waitlist via the phone only. They would be happy to add your name to the list."
From not taking reservations yet to fully booked in 3 seconds. Sheeesh!

End of rant. Thanks for your patience.

"Always keep a bottle of Champagne in the fridge for special occasions. Sometimes the special occasion is that you've got a bottle of Champagne in the fridge". - Hester Browne

Ddeuddeg's Cheesecake Cookbook

HitAnyKey42

quality posts: 29 Private Messages HitAnyKey42
pcuccaro wrote:No kidding! I started looking at these yesterday in a meeting and I burst out laughing.

I just got around to reading them a few minutes ago, and was tearing up from trying to hold in hysterical laughter while sitting in my cubical.

My Cellar
In a Glorious Marriage.Woot with cheron98
NYC Tastings

HitAnyKey42

cortot20 wrote:Sparky, PM for you.

MarkDaSpark wrote:Got it and replied. You forgot the handling and storage fees.

Why do you two do this all the time? (and not just you two, but others as well)
We know you two have each other's email addresses. Why use the stupid PM system here where you have to post in the forum about personal messages like this? It's just plain silly. Just send an email, already.

My Cellar
NYC Tastings

MarkDaSpark

HitAnyKey42 wrote:Why do you two do this all the time? (and not just you two, but others as well)
We know you two have each other's email addresses. Why use the stupid PM system here where you have to post in the forum about personal messages like this? It's just plain silly. Just send an email, already.

You have PMs.

Actually, I don't think I have his email address. And also I think it's because we feel people will see it here sooner than trying to wade thru their emails. But mostly to annoy you.

cheron98

pcuccaro wrote:TT - Don't encourage him! When your signature line has a scroll bar on the side, it's time to stop the madness!

Except then he added the cowbell to his signature too. >.<

Backfire!

otolith

quality posts: 22 Private Messages otolith

Some d-bag sent out a huge email to the whole school that our kids attend, then, at the end, stated for us to NOT reply to it unless we are administrators in the school. So, of course, now everyone is replying back, adding their $0.02 to it, and then there are people hitting reply all asking to be removed from the list...

so. hard. not. to. reply all.

"When we try to pick out anything by itself, we find it hitched to everything else in the universe."
--John Muir

joelsisk

quality posts: 8 Private Messages joelsisk

for those who are interested, not only is IH on wine.woot today, but Joy will be on Rue lala tomorrow.

HitAnyKey42

joelsisk wrote:for those who are interested, not only is IH on wine.woot today, but Joy will be on Rue lala tomorrow.

Hmmm, will have to take a look tomorrow. I sadly only have $10 of credit, but if the IH deal is good enough that'll at least cover the shipping. Plus 5% cash back from Discover Card.

My Cellar
NYC Tastings

chemvictim

quality posts: 3 Private Messages chemvictim
otolith wrote:Some d-bag sent out a huge email to the whole school that our kids attend, then, at the end, stated for us to NOT reply to it unless we are administrators in the school. So, of course, now everyone is replying back, adding their $0.02 to it, and then there are people hitting reply all asking to be removed from the list...

so. hard. not. to. reply all.

That happened on my work email over the Thanksgiving holiday. It went on for days. People got back from vacation and replied and it all started over again.

otolith

quality posts: 22 Private Messages otolith

Ornaments Make Festive Garland Ornaments Make Festive Garland Ornaments Make Festive Garland!

How did you PSyth PSychos not announce this to the world?

"When we try to pick out anything by itself, we find it hitched to everything else in the universe."
--John Muir