MarkDaSpark

quality posts: 181 Private Messages MarkDaSpark

PoSt away folks!!!

Where is everyone tonight??? Slackers!!

Someone has to put WD's kids thru college, but why does it have to be me!
*This post is for purposes of enabling only, and does not constitute any promise of helping pay for said enabling. It does indicate willingness to assist in drinking said wine.

MarkDaSpark

Courtesy of CJ:

cjsiege wrote:List of previous WW gatherings by area. Great reading and great examples of how to set up a Get-Together Thread.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Upcoming Woot Wine Gatherings…All The News for the week of December 16th.

December
12/28: CT #?: Shuffle in from Buffalo...
TBD: NYC Tasting #21: A Tribute (interest thread)

January 2013
1/19: Austin #1
1/19: NorCal #14: Santa Clara Valley Wines
1/26 - 1/27: Buffalo/WNY #10: Ice Wine Festival (Niagara-on-the-Lake, Canada)

February 2013
2/22: 2013 Dark & Delicious (Alameda, CA)
2/23 - 2/25: 2013 D&D Napa/Sonoma Weekend

Pending
TBD: NorCal: Volcanic Terroir and/or Eastern European Finds
TBD: NorCal: Wheelbarrow o' Wine
TBD: Dallas #11
TBD: Arizona Verde Valley Winery Weekend

No events in your area??? Start one! Create an interest thread in the World of Wine Woot Community Tab.

So join or create a WW Gathering!

*This post is for purposes of enabling only, and does not constitute any promise of helping pay for said enabling. It does indicate willingness to assist in drinking said wine.

otolith

quality posts: 22 Private Messages otolith

Must have made a bunch of phat goose...

"When we try to pick out anything by itself, we find it hitched to everything else in the universe."
--John Muir

polarbear22

quality posts: 35 Private Messages polarbear22

x-post from old Pub

mommadeb1 wrote:the kit looks good... have you had any experience with their extended warranties?

Not with them. Though likely the same company that does the extended warranty from B&H. I have not had to use it. Only problem I had was in the original warranty with Canon, and they were good.

EDIT: I just looked and Mack is the company behind extended warranties that I purchased from other vendors. They seem to have been around a real long time. So I suspect they are solid. Extended warranties are a numbers game, so they make money with the claims.

Polar bears are meant to be clever, very clever. They are the Einsteins of the bear community. - Anonymous
Please donate to the 2014 MS Bike Ride
Want to read what SonomaBouliste has to say about wine?
Ddeuddeg Cheesecake Cookbook
My Cellar

cortot20

quality posts: 137 Private Messages cortot20
otolith wrote:Must have made a bunch of phat goose...

or they have hit the saturation point with their customers. As many of us have to now routinely skip what appear to be excellent offers.

CT

MarkDaSpark

cortot20 wrote:or they have hit the saturation point with their customers. As many of us have to now routinely skip what appear to be excellent offers.

Well, I didn't buy my usual 3 sets (since it was a GSM blend, not my favorite) of a Woot Cellars offer.

But chances are that they did make quite a bit.

kylemittskus

quality posts: 229 Private Messages kylemittskus

Today is awesome. You know why? Today marks the first day I don't have to go to work.

"If drinking is bitter, change yourself to wine." -Rainer Maria Rilke

"Champagne is a very kind and friendly thing on a rainy night." -Isak Dinesen

bhodilee

quality posts: 32 Private Messages bhodilee
kylemittskus wrote:Today is awesome. You know why? Today marks the first day I don't have to go to work.

so you've abandoned the michelle pfeiffer look and discarded Gangsta's Paradise as your theme song?

"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it."

– George Bernard Shaw, author (1856-1950)

klezman

quality posts: 121 Private Messages klezman
HitAnyKey42 wrote:I don't have an mp3 collection. I've never created one before. I have maybe just a handful of mp3's total, I think. Heh.
Anyone want to share their mp3 collection with me so I don't have to go through the trouble (and cost) of having to create one?

I may have some suggestions.

2014: 28 bottles. Last wine.woot: Scott Harvey Red Re-Mix
2013: 66 bottles, 2012: 91 bottles, 2011: 92 bottles, 2010: 74 bottles, 2009: 30 bottles, 2008: 3 bottles My CT

mommadeb1

quality posts: 17 Private Messages mommadeb1
polarbear22 wrote:x-post from old Pub

Not with them. Though likely the same company that does the extended warranty from B&H. I have not had to use it. Only problem I had was in the original warranty with Canon, and they were good.

EDIT: I just looked and Mack is the company behind extended warranties that I purchased from other vendors. They seem to have been around a real long time. So I suspect they are solid. Extended warranties are a numbers game, so they make money with the claims.

thanks. I called them today, their warranty covers everything except fire/theft/loss... so I am going to check with daughter to make sure this is what she wants. then order tonight...

mommadeb1

kylemittskus wrote:Today is awesome. You know why? Today marks the first day I don't have to go to work.

this is our last week, then then we have off until Jan 8th.... so far I work 2 days this week... we shall see...

cheron98

quality posts: 123 Private Messages cheron98
klezman wrote:I may have some suggestions.

I have a ton of mp3s. He might not like 'em all, but I've got a ton. Somewhere. On one of these machines...

Also, he has Pandora. Although we were kicking around the idea of upgrading our phones sometime soonish which means losing our unlimited data plans or else paying $$$ for them - at which point it would probably be cheaper to keep Sirius. Because Pandora EATS data.

Then chews it up, spits it out, and eats it again.

I saw HitAnyKey42 on wine.woot! and clicked "I want one!"

bhodilee

cheron98 wrote:I have a ton of mp3s. He might not like 'em all, but I've got a ton. Somewhere. On one of these machines...

Also, he has Pandora. Although we were kicking around the idea of upgrading our phones sometime soonish which means losing our unlimited data plans or else paying $$$ for them - at which point it would probably be cheaper to keep Sirius. Because Pandora EATS data.

You could get Sprint. Granted, the lack of 4G is irksome, but I have zero problems with Pandora and 3G. I'm rarely somewhere that I can't use WiFi so the 4G thing isn't a dealbreaker for me.

"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it."

MarkDaSpark

Hey Inky or TT ... you guys gonna fix my First Sucker on the Woot-off DH PS??

polarbear22

quality posts: 35 Private Messages polarbear22
cheron98 wrote:I have a ton of mp3s. He might not like 'em all, but I've got a ton. Somewhere. On one of these machines...

I was able to keep my unlimited data plan when I upgraded on AT&T. So hopefully you won't have to give it up.

Polar bears are meant to be clever, very clever. They are the Einsteins of the bear community. - Anonymous
Please donate to the 2014 MS Bike Ride
Want to read what SonomaBouliste has to say about wine?
Ddeuddeg Cheesecake Cookbook
My Cellar

trifecta

quality posts: 72 Private Messages trifecta
polarbear22 wrote:I was able to keep my unlimited data plan when I upgraded on AT&T. So hopefully you won't have to give it up.

Same here. Stay grandfathered as long as you can. Although the way they have restructured their shared plans can be cheaper depending on total data used and number of phones.

otolith

MarkDaSpark wrote:Hey Inky or TT ... you guys gonna fix my First Sucker on the Woot-off DH PS??

You have far too much time on your hands if you can worry about this.

And apparently so do I if I can comment on this as well...hehe

"When we try to pick out anything by itself, we find it hitched to everything else in the universe."
--John Muir

ddeuddeg

quality posts: 29 Private Messages ddeuddeg
otolith wrote:You have far too much time on your hands if you can worry about this.

Roger that.

"Always keep a bottle of Champagne in the fridge for special occasions. Sometimes the special occasion is that you've got a bottle of Champagne in the fridge". - Hester Browne

Ddeuddeg's Cheesecake Cookbook

bahwm

quality posts: 29 Private Messages bahwm

We both took a sick day today and seriously, are doing nothing. We slept in until 10 AM! My sinuses are still giving me a hard time and I need to try to preserve my voice. We have 2 - two hour choir rehearsals today and tomorrow. I've been dealing with the crud for almost two weeks now. Ugh! Need to get some stuff done around the house for Christmas and also have a bunch of stuff to do for school. Not sure how much of anything will get done. . .

May our love be like good wine, grow stronger as it grows older. ~ Old English Toast

MarkDaSpark

otolith wrote:You have far too much time on your hands if you can worry about this.

And apparently so do I if I can comment on this as well...hehe

First Sucker is important!!!

And apparently D-Dog has too much time also!

bhodilee

So, I don't use it, and I upload very few photo's to facebook, but this whole Instagram thing sounds so stupidly thought out that I can't believe they did it. They musta thought something along the lines of "lets put this in and see if no one notices it and if they do we'll just back off"

otolith

MarkDaSpark wrote:First Sucker is important!!!

And apparently D-Dog has too much time also!

He's "sick."

--John Muir

MarkDaSpark

Besides, check out Friday's forecast!

Looks a trifle hot, doesn't it?

MarkDaSpark

otolith wrote:He's "sick."

We knew that, but what's your excuse?

bhodilee

otolith wrote:He's "sick."

faker

inkycatz

quality posts: 105 Private Messages inkycatz
MarkDaSpark wrote:Besides, check out Friday's forecast!

Looks a trifle hot, doesn't it?

I don't even know how summer shipping would handle that. :D

I'm just hanging out, really.

MarkDaSpark

inkycatz wrote:I don't even know how summer shipping would handle that. :D

And??????

otolith

MarkDaSpark wrote:And, I have no life??????

FTFY.

--John Muir

kylemittskus

quality posts: 229 Private Messages kylemittskus
bhodilee wrote:So, I don't use it, and I upload very few photo's to facebook, but this whole Instagram thing sounds so stupidly thought out that I can't believe they did it. They musta thought something along the lines of "lets put this in and see if no one notices it and if they do we'll just back off"

SWMBO uses Intagram (I have no social media accounts) and I told her about the new terms. I thought the same thing: they really think no one will say anything about this?

"If drinking is bitter, change yourself to wine." -Rainer Maria Rilke

"Champagne is a very kind and friendly thing on a rainy night." -Isak Dinesen

bhodilee

kylemittskus wrote:SWMBO uses Intagram (I have no social media accounts) and I told her about the new terms. I thought the same thing: they really think no one will say anything about this?

I don't know why they think this is legal. I can't wait for them to use some celebrities likeness on something and get DESTROYED by their lawyers.

funbunny

quality posts: 25 Private Messages funbunny
inkycatz wrote:I don't even know how summer shipping would handle that. :D

Hey Inky -

I hope wine.woot has something good for us on Friday so I could spend all the money I saved by not buying survival gear. Of course I will be a few bucks short because I have to get one of these:

"Wine is sunshine held together by water" - Galileo Galilei

inkycatz

quality posts: 105 Private Messages inkycatz
funbunny wrote:Hey Inky -

I hope wine.woot has something good for us on Friday so I could spend all the money I saved by not buying survival gear.

I have faith in the wine.woot crew!

I'm just hanging out, really.

mommadeb1

bahwm wrote:We both took a sick day today and seriously, are doing nothing. We slept in until 10 AM! My sinuses are still giving me a hard time and I need to try to preserve my voice. We have 2 - two hour choir rehearsals today and tomorrow. I've been dealing with the crud for almost two weeks now. Ugh! Need to get some stuff done around the house for Christmas and also have a bunch of stuff to do for school. Not sure how much of anything will get done. . .

I hope you feel better soon and get everything done!!

MarkDaSpark

otolith wrote:I have no life either.

IFTFY too!

bahwm

mommadeb1 wrote:I hope you feel better soon and get everything done!!

Thanks. Just got back from rehearsal. Voice is not doing well, but I can sing! Ha! Didn't get much else done today and I'm still really tired. Oh, well. Back to work tomorrow.

May our love be like good wine, grow stronger as it grows older. ~ Old English Toast

bhodilee

First big snow tomorrow. Between 5-9 inches. Not a big deal, but 30mph winds make it no fun. Got gas for the snow blower, but may not even need it!

bahwm

bhodilee wrote:First big snow tomorrow. Between 5-9 inches. Not a big deal, but 30mph winds make it no fun. Got gas for the snow blower, but may not even need it!

Sounds like we should be getting it Thursday evening with wind gusts of 40 mph. Who knows what might happen if we get lake effect . . . another Snowmageddon? Oooo, then we could start Christmas break early! Stay safe.

joelsisk

quality posts: 8 Private Messages joelsisk
bhodilee wrote:First big snow tomorrow. Between 5-9 inches. Not a big deal, but 30mph winds make it no fun. Got gas for the snow blower, but may not even need it!

Interesting, that's about the same forecast for Denver...

tiger7610

quality posts: 17 Private Messages tiger7610

I wonder when Ithaca/Syracuse going to get it since I do have to drive home either friday or saturday

edthebedhead

quality posts: 4 Private Messages edthebedhead

Hmm. I have the paid for version of Pandora (best $30 I've ever spent) because I HATE commercials.

I don't seem to use too much data, but it plays quite a bit. I'll have to check it again this month.