WootBot

quality posts: 14 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

Poll: Would you give wine as a Christmas gift?
  • 8.1% - Would I? That’s all I give! 83
  • 63.5% - Sure! If I knew someone liked it. 647
  • 16.7% - Maybe I would, maybe I wouldn’t. What are my other gift options? 170
  • 4.2% - Not unless I could afford a very expensive bottle. I’d want it to be a memorable gift. 43
  • 7.5% - No way. It’s all for me. I don’t do Christmas gifts. 76
1019 votes

Well, how do you fare compared to the Zeitgeist? Chat up your fellow wooters and let us know how lame this poll was or what obvious choices we missed. For example: Was this poll a) STUPID, b) DUMB, c) POINTLESS or d) ALL OF THE ABOVE?

bblhed

quality posts: 6 Private Messages bblhed

Where is the I have given wine option?

ckeilah

quality posts: 149 Private Messages ckeilah

Just be sure the recipient actually drinks. Last Christmas I gave away some of my precious Woot! wine to a recovering alcoholic. Ooops! :-o

Please do not increment my Quality Posts count. 69 is a good place to be. ;-)
MOD: We had to...we just HAD TO...

myromeo7

quality posts: 0 Private Messages myromeo7

Well, I tried to do that, (give their wine as Christmas presents) and never saw anything on when it was to ship. So I contacted support, and they said that wine takes 3 weeks to ship! Probably more at this time of year!!! Three weeks. I asked them if they were kidding, and haven't yet received a response.

Jon
Yeesh!!!

inkycatz

quality posts: 105 Private Messages inkycatz
myromeo7 wrote:Well, I tried to do that, (give their wine as Christmas presents) and never saw anything on when it was to ship. So I contacted support, and they said that wine takes 3 weeks to ship! Probably more at this time of year!!! Three weeks. I asked them if they were kidding, and haven't yet received a response.

Jon
Yeesh!!!

How long is shipment going to take?
You should get your wine in 2-3 weeks, often sooner. We know the wait is kind of a drag. But it's still gonna taste good (maybe even better), and since we leave it to the wineries to get the wine to you, you can count on their experience to send their wine using their expert methodologies.

Note, the offer generally specifies if it will arrive before Christmas (which has been a relevant question lately).

I'm just hanging out, really.