WootBot

quality posts: 15 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

Winter Reds to Keep You Warm

If you were trapped in a mountain cabin under six feet of snow and all you had to drink was one of these bottles, you'd drink it, right? Of course you would. So won't it taste better WITHOUT all that pressure? We say: it will.

Quality Posts

Cesare

quality posts: 1676 Private Messages Cesare

Winter Reds to Keep You Warm

Arbios Cellars Vertical Cabernet Sauvignon 4-Pack
$155.99 (Normally $227.92) 32% off List Price
2001 Arbios Alexander Valley Cabernet Sauvignon
2002 Arbios Alexander Valley Cabernet Sauvignon
2003 Arbios Alexander Valley Cabernet Sauvignon
2004 Arbios Alexander Valley Cabernet Sauvignon

R. Merlo Estate Vineyards 2005 / 2007 Estate Syrah Combo 6-Pack
$79.99 (Normally $155.60) 49% off List Price
2007 Estate Syrah, Trinity County
2005 Estate Syrah, Trinity County

Ardente Estate Library Cab Mix 3-Pack
$59.99 $132.20 55% off List Price
1997 Ardente Espressione Cabernet Sauvignon, Atlas Peak Napa Valley
2001 Ardente Espressione Cabernet Sauvignon, Atlas Peak, Napa Valley
2002 Ardente Cabernet Sauvignon Atlas Peak, Napa Valley

Haywood Estate 2008 Sonoma Valley Mix 4-Pack
$99.99 (Normally $164.00) 39% off List Price
2008 Rocky Terrace Zinfandel, Los Chamizal Vineyard, Sonoma Valley
2008 Morning Sun Zinfandel, Los Chamizal Vineyard, Sonoma Valley
2008 Primitivo, Los Chamizal Vineyard, Sonoma Valley
2008 Los Chamizal Zinfandel, Los Chamizal Vineyard, Sonoma Valley

-il Cesare
Sole Absolute Triple
Exalted High Tastemaster Supreme
“In the entire world there are only a few sounds that bring joy to all but the most jaded. One is the murmur of a kitten purring. Another is the thwack of a well-pitched baseball hitting a perfectly swung bat. And the third is the pop of a cork being pulled from a bottle of wine.” —George Taber

inkycatz

quality posts: 105 Private Messages inkycatz

Lots of reds, how to choose?

I'm just hanging out, really.

emmabean2000

quality posts: 6 Private Messages emmabean2000

Have to ask the obligatory question...when will these be delivered? I am guessing not before Christmas, but by New Years?

arbiossusan

quality posts: 11 Private Messages arbiossusan

We are excited to make this special offering of a vertial of our Arbios Cabernet. These are only available from the winery - 2001 was a gold medal winner and featured in Saveur, 2003 was a Double Gold medal winner and 2004 was featured in Sunset Magazine. Let me know if you have any questions about the wines - I'll be back!

landona

quality posts: 1 Private Messages landona

What is the drinking window for the Arbios wines?

trifecta

quality posts: 74 Private Messages trifecta
inkycatz wrote:Lots of reds, how to choose?

If you haven't tried the Merlo Family wines yet, I highly recommend it. Both vintages of the syrah are awesome and drinking well right now, but have the structure to hold up for years. As noted in my CT post, slight edge to the fruit on the '07, but the '05 is a bit more complex and ready right now.

rvz

quality posts: 0 Private Messages rvz

I ordered the 3-pk Ardente 2002 cab at the last offering and I think it's beyond it's peak. I was bummed because I had heard that was one of the better ones of the 1997, 2001, 2002.

kylemittskus

quality posts: 232 Private Messages kylemittskus
trifecta wrote:If you haven't tried the Merlo Family wines yet, I highly recommend it. Both vintages of the syrah are awesome and drinking well right now, but have the structure to hold up for years. As noted in my CT post, slight edge to the fruit on the '07, but the '05 is a bit more complex and ready right now.

I have 2 of each, thanks to tyger. Now I'm excited.

"If drinking is bitter, change yourself to wine." -Rainer Maria Rilke

"Champagne is a very kind and friendly thing on a rainy night." -Isak Dinesen

eluofthenine

quality posts: 8 Private Messages eluofthenine
rvz wrote:I ordered the 3-pk Ardente 2002 cab at the last offering and I think it's beyond it's peak. I was bummed because I had heard that was one of the better ones of the 1997, 2001, 2002.

How did you treat it? Decant, serving temp, rest time from shipping? The 97 was fantastic so I find it difficult to believe that the 02 would've been that much weaker of a vintage.

I also find it difficult to believe that they have any more of this stuff

tytiger58

quality posts: 74 Private Messages tytiger58
trifecta wrote:If you haven't tried the Merlo Family wines yet, I highly recommend it. Both vintages of the syrah are awesome and drinking well right now, but have the structure to hold up for years. As noted in my CT post, slight edge to the fruit on the '07, but the '05 is a bit more complex and ready right now.

Perfect description of the two vintages!

What contemptible scoundrel stole the cork from my lunch? ~ W. C. Fields

“Freedom is something that dies unless it's used” Hunter S Thompson

arbiossusan

We have recently tasted a 1993 & 1995 vintages and they were great. I would say these are excellent to drink now and fine to lay down for a bit. Our cabernet is from the same single mountinatop vineyard in Alexander Valley so there is good consistency. The alcohol is relatively low which some people believe allows for longer age on the wine too.

cmishnr

quality posts: 0 Private Messages cmishnr
arbiossusan wrote:We have recently tasted a 1993 & 1995 vintages and they were great. I would say these are excellent to drink now and fine to lay down for a bit. Our cabernet is from the same single mountinatop vineyard in Alexander Valley so there is good consistency. The alcohol is relatively low which some people believe allows for longer age on the wine too.

Alexander Valley? Aren't these Atlas Peak wines?

trifecta

cmishnr wrote:Alexander Valley? Aren't these Atlas Peak wines?

There is one thread for all the offerings. You quoted the rep from Arbios, hence the AVA confusion.

greyday

quality posts: 54 Private Messages greyday

The Ardente vertical is quite good. I bought three last time and have drank through one. All three years were rich, not too fruit forward, and full mouthed. They're all drinking well now, but I don't suggest storing for too long, I think they're near or at their prime.

Overall: excellent qpr.

fredrinaldi

quality posts: 39 Private Messages fredrinaldi

I have 26 bottles of this wine, good god woot your killing me.... want to buy more, want to buy more, 6 bottles just shipped, want to buy more........
arghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

deckerbrian

quality posts: 18 Private Messages deckerbrian

Haywood was one of my first woot purchases. Still among my favorites. The peppery nose on the Los Chamizal is a favorite trait. Highly recommend. They also have a wonderful Cab Franc.

losthighwayz

quality posts: 61 Private Messages losthighwayz
deckerbrian wrote:Haywood was one of my first woot purchases. Still among my favorites. The peppery nose on the Los Chamizal is a favorite trait. Highly recommend. They also have a wonderful Cab Franc.

Can you elaborate as to the alcohol, fruit forwardness, full bodied, etc? I am looking or a nig, bold dry creek zin- type or opolo mountain zin....thanks

"The older I get the better I was"

papamochi

quality posts: 1 Private Messages papamochi

Interested in the aribos and ardente...what sort of window do they have as I have an overabundance of wines that need to be consumed soon and few that I can keep for a few more years

FRIENDS DON'T LET FRIEND DRINK WHITE ZINFANDEL!

cmaldoon

quality posts: 62 Private Messages cmaldoon
rvz wrote:I ordered the 3-pk Ardente 2002 cab at the last offering and I think it's beyond it's peak. I was bummed because I had heard that was one of the better ones of the 1997, 2001, 2002.

I'm having the 2002 right now. I opened the bottle on Tuesday or Wednesday, poured half into a 375 bottle, corked it and put it in the fridge. That night the 02 was decent, fruit and earth driven. Tonight I opened up the half bottle from the fridge and have enjoyed it over 3 hours. There are still significant amounts of drying tannin in this wine but it is balanced beautifully by fruit and a hint of oak and lovely aged nuances coming through as licorice and spice. I have now had all 3 in this vertical and can definitively say that they all drink well above their $20 price point. I have 10 bottles of this stuff left...pondering more but I have NO ROOM

2014 - 20 Btl. Fjellene (10 bot), Urraca Chard (10 bot)
Last purchase: 5/3/14

2013 - 75 btl. 2012 - 98 btl. 2011 - 112 btl. 2010 - 30 btl.
My Cellar

slowridemo

quality posts: 0 Private Messages slowridemo
emmabean2000 wrote:Have to ask the obligatory question...when will these be delivered? I am guessing not before Christmas, but by New Years?

I am wondering the same thing.

joseph1951

quality posts: 1 Private Messages joseph1951

pop it, take a bit out, recork and let it air over night
totally different wine the next day

dalematthew

quality posts: 24 Private Messages dalematthew

Hmmm.

Picked up the atlas peak off the main site and now contemplating these.

I have enough of the Ardente ( but not as much as others it seems!) - the 97 I've tried to date was great.

Pondering the Arbios for the moment.

arbiossusan

cmishnr wrote:Alexander Valley? Aren't these Atlas Peak wines?

The Arbios Cabernet Vertical are Alexander Valley wines.

losthighwayz

quality posts: 61 Private Messages losthighwayz

Have you tried any of he tallulah syrahs? If so, how o these compare in terms of body and QPR? I have enjoyed every vintage of the tallullahs ive had. Thanks

"The older I get the better I was"

deckerbrian

quality posts: 18 Private Messages deckerbrian
losthighwayz wrote:Can you elaborate as to the alcohol, fruit forwardness, full bodied, etc? I am looking or a nig, bold dry creek zin- type or opolo mountain zin....thanks

Sorry, been out all day. I would say a medium fruit forward. Not jammy, just a nice dark fruit with a great spicey finish if you'll decant and be patient. These are wines I really like the taste of but what puts them over the top is a really wonderful nose and nose feel. Haywood makes the only wine I breathe deep before every drink. Winery has a great staff also. Really dedicated, nice people. Pravo Peter and co.

threemoons

quality posts: 18 Private Messages threemoons

Crap, I'm broke and these all look really good....what's the #1 pick for value if you all had to choose only 1?

Looking at the Haywood vs the R. Merlot.

retaoba

quality posts: 0 Private Messages retaoba

I would go with the Merlo amend the Ardente Cab.
The Ardente is the number one value here IMHO.
Got a case of the Ardente vertical the last time it was offered and after trying it I was kicking myself for not getting more. Now I can!
Have not cracked the 02 yet, just the 97 and 01. These are a Cabs Cab- note the 97 does need to enjoyed very soon, I would say asap, but it is as good or better than any other one you can buy in a wine store for $40-$50 IMHO. Meant to be enjoyed with food, and do not open and drink on the spur of the moment as they want to breath. My first one I decanted and let it sit for 3 hours, I found it really needs more time than that, so plan ahead.

Can anyone compare the McClean Syrah offered today to the Merlo Syrah?
I had the McClean Royale blend and loved it!

trifecta

threemoons wrote:Crap, I'm broke and these all look really good....what's the #1 pick for value if you all had to choose only 1?

Looking at the Haywood vs the R. Merlot.

The R. Merlo drinks crazy good at this price point. (both vintages) I don't see how you could go wrong. I haven't tried the Haywood, and the only Ardente I had was not a favorite.

rejiii

quality posts: 2 Private Messages rejiii

Haywood Estate 2008 Sonoma Valley $19-23 online, the Rocky Terrace $32-$41 at Wine Searcher. Not a bad deal, but not great either.

rjquillin

quality posts: 184 Private Messages rjquillin

Visiting the kids in TX, new TCU BS grad (so proud), and had the '97 last night. Today she maxed out on the Ardente.
This drinks so above it's price point, I may have to add to my 2+ cases as well.

WD, still not seen the "when will these be delivered" question answered...

CT

neilfindswine

quality posts: 173 Private Messages neilfindswine

Guest Blogger

rjquillin wrote:Visiting the kids in TX, new TCU BS grad (so proud), and had the '97 last night. Today she maxed out on the Ardente.
This drinks so above it's price point, I may have to add to my 2+ cases as well.

WD, still not seen the "when will these be delivered" question answered...

These will be shipping after the first-of-the-year...

I report to winedavid39...
...I like getting PM's from wannabe rodents...

rjquillin

quality posts: 184 Private Messages rjquillin
neilfindswine wrote:These will be shipping after the first-of-the-year...

Thanks Neil.
and PM for ya.

CT

tzarfoss

quality posts: 0 Private Messages tzarfoss

ugh

Just broke down and got two of the Ardente's

Already have 2 of the 97's after drinking 1 (Delicious) Expecting to consume at least 1 more for Christmas

Had to bite on these. Hopefully the later vintages are just as good

bobrush12866

quality posts: 8 Private Messages bobrush12866

Ardente Estate Library Cab Mix 3-Pack SOLD OUT!!.....A SAD DAY INDEED!

clockmn

quality posts: 0 Private Messages clockmn

Ardente !!! This the best Cab i have ever had for the money! I have maxed it out every time I see it on woot! 10 days still haven't shipped, but luckily I saved a 97' for Christmas from last batch! Happy Holidays Wooters!

fobforawhile

quality posts: 0 Private Messages fobforawhile

Ardente!!!!! I just tried the 97 yesterday to see if I want to purchase more, and it was so so good!!! But sold out??? I was too late ㅠㅠ

doughboy65

quality posts: 0 Private Messages doughboy65

Why is this taking so long to ship? It's been 9 days and no shipping update? What gives?

nealkb

quality posts: 13 Private Messages nealkb
doughboy65 wrote:Why is this taking so long to ship? It's been 9 days and no shipping update? What gives?

Ships after New Years

Neal K Bharadwaj

bolligra

quality posts: 33 Private Messages bolligra

This stuff is seriously good, both years! I hope it comes back so I can get more.

As God is my witness, I thought turkeys could fly.