mschauber

quality posts: 40 Private Messages mschauber

WD,
Any chance of getting some wine from Cabaud Wines on WW for us?

https://www.cellartracker.com/wine.asp?iWine=1252453

Thanks..

--
Hey you, out there in the cold; Getting lonely, getting old; Can you feel me? - Pink Floyd/Roger Waters
My CT

North316

quality posts: 107 Private Messages North316

Bring back the Meyer Family Port too while you are at!

My CT
"Trust your homies on the net", Clark Smith.
R.I.P. Inkycatz - Feb. 2013

redwinefan

quality posts: 74 Private Messages redwinefan

As long as we are generating a wish list, could you see about grabbing the 2009 Tallulah Stagecoach Vineyard Syrah?

"You need to invest in a corkscrew. Wine is for drinking." -- Peter Wellington

jmdavidson

quality posts: 59 Private Messages jmdavidson
mschauber wrote:WD,

Thanks..

Such an offer would require two black tie symbols, no?

Winedavid39

quality posts: 214 Private Messages Winedavid39

Guest Blogger

Thanks..

I'm on the case!

cmaldoon

quality posts: 62 Private Messages cmaldoon
jmdavidson wrote:Such an offer would require two black tie symbols, no?

Yikes. Pricey stuff but well liked. Perhaps a plus offer?

I love the juslyn you had on once upon a time and this is the same price range.

2014 - 20 Btl. Fjellene (10 bot), Urraca Chard (10 bot)
Last purchase: 5/3/14

2013 - 75 btl. 2012 - 98 btl. 2011 - 112 btl. 2010 - 30 btl.
My Cellar

chipgreen

quality posts: 207 Private Messages chipgreen

I'd love to see some Cakebread Cab and/or Zin....

tytiger58

quality posts: 74 Private Messages tytiger58

One word....Roadhouse!

What contemptible scoundrel stole the cork from my lunch? ~ W. C. Fields

“Freedom is something that dies unless it's used” Hunter S Thompson

cortot20

quality posts: 163 Private Messages cortot20

Verge Syrah
Humanitas Syrah
Kalidios Syrah
Roessler single vineyard pinots
Iron horse rose

CT

kylemittskus

quality posts: 233 Private Messages kylemittskus

I recently drank a 2004 Trinitas PS that was spectacular. Bring them back. I paid $15 for it and it was worth double.

"If drinking is bitter, change yourself to wine." -Rainer Maria Rilke

"Champagne is a very kind and friendly thing on a rainy night." -Isak Dinesen

rjquillin

quality posts: 189 Private Messages rjquillin
Winedavid39 wrote:I'm on the case!

Yikes, no way could I afford a case!

CT

rjquillin

kylemittskus wrote:I recently drank a 2004 Trinitas PS that was spectacular. Bring them back. I paid $15 for it and it was worth double.

I've had a couple bottles of a 2001 Zin from them. Not at all a fan of that one or it's style so I've just avoided them since. The PS must have been much better.

CT

funbunny

quality posts: 26 Private Messages funbunny

You are going to be sorry you responded. There is quite a list going and you know a lot more requests to come.

"Wine is sunshine held together by water" - Galileo Galilei

mschauber

quality posts: 40 Private Messages mschauber

WD,
Thank you. I am sorry if I opened pandora's box for you with all the other requests.

And yes, this is very pricey stuff. But I heard from someone whose taste in wine I really trust and admire, that this is a real up and coming vineyard and some of the best young Napa cab he has ever tasted in this price range (or lower.)

I was given a private invite to their mailing list, although I think anyone can still join on their website, and was sent a "special allocation/offer" to buy at retail price, hah.. So much for special offer, hehehe. I don't expect WD to have much luck, but hey WD comes through with any sort of discount for us, he'll truly impress me, which is really hard to do ;)

--
Hey you, out there in the cold; Getting lonely, getting old; Can you feel me? - Pink Floyd/Roger Waters
My CT

bkarlan

quality posts: 46 Private Messages bkarlan
rjquillin wrote:Yikes, no way could I afford a case!

If this pops up, let me know if need a person to go in with you. I will be in for a bottle

"War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse..." - John Stuart Mill

rjquillin

bkarlan wrote:If this pops up, let me know if need a person to go in with you. I will be in for a bottle

OK, but remind me if you see it first! Pulled any woot! corks yet?

CT

bkarlan

quality posts: 46 Private Messages bkarlan
rjquillin wrote:OK, but remind me if you see it first! Pulled any woot! corks yet?

I sure will. Oh I didn't tell you? We had a woot cellars thanksgiving, with a SH dessert. I think we went through 4 bottles that night

"War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse..." - John Stuart Mill

rjquillin

bkarlan wrote:I sure will. Oh I didn't tell you? We had a woot cellars thanksgiving, with a SH dessert. I think we went through 4 bottles that night

Excellent! Not a horizontal or vertical; guess a diagonal? The Jana eis?

We're doing a TCU BS Nursing graduation today for elder daughter and will be pulling some old Wellington and Harvey library corks! Brought an eis as well...

cheers

CT

winefarm

quality posts: 7 Private Messages winefarm
Thank you. I am sorry if I opened pandora's box for you with all the other requests.

And yes, this is very pricey stuff. But I heard from someone whose taste in wine I really trust and admire, that this is a real up and coming vineyard and some of the best young Napa cab he has ever tasted in this price range (or lower.)

I was given a private invite to their mailing list, although I think anyone can still join on their website, and was sent a "special allocation/offer" to buy at retail price, hah.. So much for special offer, hehehe. I don't expect WD to have much luck, but hey WD comes through with any sort of discount for us, he'll truly impress me, which is really hard to do ;)

bring on the requests! we often forward the link to the winery to let them know y'all are talking about them. a good entre' to wine.woot.

WD

tiger7610

quality posts: 17 Private Messages tiger7610

While I personally do not need any more finger lakes wines, I do think it would be cool to see some more of them on woot. The ones that come to mind are: Keuka Springs Winery, and Prejean.

cortot20

quality posts: 163 Private Messages cortot20

The Hobbit is out. Bring on the Oakenshield Zin from Castoro cellars.

CT

klezman

quality posts: 131 Private Messages klezman
tiger7610 wrote:While I personally do not need any more finger lakes wines, I do think it would be cool to see some more of them on woot. The ones that come to mind are: Keuka Springs Winery, and Prejean.

A Cab Franc dry and icewine combo would be quite interesting...

2014: 57 bottles. Last wine.woot: 2011 Wellington Cab & Merlot, Roessler 2009 Bluejay, 2010 Bell Cabernet
2013: 66 bottles, 2012: 91 bottles, 2011: 92 bottles, 2010: 74 bottles, 2009: 30 bottles, 2008: 3 bottles My CT

bhodilee

quality posts: 32 Private Messages bhodilee
klezman wrote:A Cab Franc dry and icewine combo would be quite interesting...

You make an interesting point. A Riesling combo pack would be epic. I'm sure there's someone (Scott?) that makes it from Dessert to dry

"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it."

– George Bernard Shaw, author (1856-1950)

JOATMON

quality posts: 20 Private Messages JOATMON

I'm hoping to get sparklies in time for new year.

Juvie: 30+24+4; Sellout: 6+7+0
Rags: 3+2+3
Drunk: 69+94+15 wine, 20+29+4 non-wine
Rugrat: 0+0+0; Refunded: 2+3+1
(as of 2011-03-02)

JOATMON

Anything from Pedroncelli coming up soon? We haven't had any for a while.

(as of 2011-03-02)

North316

quality posts: 107 Private Messages North316
JOATMON wrote:Anything from Pedroncelli coming up soon? We haven't had any for a while.

We just had the four grapes port up in the last month.

My CT
"Trust your homies on the net", Clark Smith.
R.I.P. Inkycatz - Feb. 2013

boatman72

quality posts: 13 Private Messages boatman72
JOATMON wrote:Anything from Pedroncelli coming up soon? We haven't had any for a while.

I love their mixed case offers. I go bonkers because of the QPR. Although I have 450+ bottles in the basement including Pedroncelli, I'd jump all over it again, again, and again!

rjquillin

MacRostie; CS and PN

First from Hacienda Wine Cellars back in the late 70's and I still have a bottle of his '77 Cab, 12.1% ABV, to go with the one I finally pulled a cork on earlier this year.

CT

tiger7610

quality posts: 17 Private Messages tiger7610
bhodilee wrote:You make an interesting point. A Riesling combo pack would be epic. I'm sure there's someone (Scott?) that makes it from Dessert to dry

Tom at Prejean at the finger lakes, makes riesling from dry to sweet with a few in between. Dont remember what his desert wines are from, I know his Cab port is great.

edthebedhead

quality posts: 4 Private Messages edthebedhead

I think its cool to take the request!

klezman

More Hawley, please Although that would ensure I violate my vow to hold off on buying anything for a few months while I generate space.

2014: 57 bottles. Last wine.woot: 2011 Wellington Cab & Merlot, Roessler 2009 Bluejay, 2010 Bell Cabernet
2013: 66 bottles, 2012: 91 bottles, 2011: 92 bottles, 2010: 74 bottles, 2009: 30 bottles, 2008: 3 bottles My CT

tytiger58

quality posts: 74 Private Messages tytiger58
klezman wrote:More Hawley, please Although that would ensure I violate my vow to hold off on buying anything for a few months while I generate space.

Drink faster, hold another offline? I see nothing wrong with 2 house warming party's

What contemptible scoundrel stole the cork from my lunch? ~ W. C. Fields

“Freedom is something that dies unless it's used” Hunter S Thompson

klezman

tytiger58 wrote:Drink faster, hold another offline? I see nothing wrong with 2 house warming parties

Except that I ended up with more bottles after the party than before.

trifecta

quality posts: 74 Private Messages trifecta
klezman wrote:More Hawley, please Although that would ensure I violate my vow to hold off on buying anything for a few months while I generate space.

Stop spreading the word... Things are selling out too quickly.

JOATMON

Jerky...and pickles!

http://www.mercurynews.com/san-mateo-county-times/ci_22269664/belmont-couple-find-success-jerky-and-pickle-business

http://www.jerknpickle.com/

(as of 2011-03-02)

rjquillin

klezman wrote:Except that I ended up with more bottles after the party than before.

I know absolutely nothing about how that may have occurred.

CT

klezman

trifecta wrote:Stop spreading the word... Things are selling out too quickly.

If you care to share your club pricing I could get some from you

chipgreen

quality posts: 207 Private Messages chipgreen
tiger7610 wrote:While I personally do not need any more finger lakes wines, I do think it would be cool to see some more of them on woot. The ones that come to mind are: Keuka Springs Winery, and Prejean.

I would like to see something from Dr. Konstantin Frank. Their '11 Semi-Dry Riesling was voted as the Finger Lakes "wine of the year" for 2011 and they also make a very nice Old Vines Pinot Noir and Grüner Veltliner.

otolith

quality posts: 24 Private Messages otolith

Hmmm...their pinot noir and the rest of their wines look quite interesting.

"When we try to pick out anything by itself, we find it hitched to everything else in the universe."
--John Muir