$89.99 (Normally $193.30) 53% off List Price
2010 Clif Climber Red
2010 Clif Climber White
CT links above

Winery website

-il Cesare
Sole Absolute Triple
Exalted High Tastemaster Supreme
“In the entire world there are only a few sounds that bring joy to all but the most jaded. One is the murmur of a kitten purring. Another is the thwack of a well-pitched baseball hitting a perfectly swung bat. And the third is the pop of a cork being pulled from a bottle of wine.” —George Taber

nealkb

quality posts: 13 Private Messages nealkb

This will make a cute gift for my rock climbing buddies

Neal K Bharadwaj

alectheviking

quality posts: 2 Private Messages alectheviking

Looks like the crevasse leading into Petra.

montegobayjr

quality posts: 10 Private Messages montegobayjr

On the White:

Steve Heimoff
A fun, easy wine with lots to like. It’s a little sweet, but nicely crisp in acidity, with tantalizing citrus fruit, white flower, vanilla and butter flavors. A dash of Riesling, Muscat and Viognier fattens up the blend.

http://buyingguide.winemag.com/catalog/clif-family-2010-the-climber-sauvignon-blanc-california

On the Red:

Steve Heimoff
Made from Zinfandel, Cabernet Franc and a few other varieties, this is a terrific wine for your house red. It’s dry and lusty, with berry, spice and tobacco flavors that have a touch of raisining. Production was 6,300 cases.

http://buyingguide.winemag.com/catalog/clif-family-2010-the-climber-red

montegobayjr

" This is a commendable everyday wine that should appeal to a wide audience."

Exerpted: http://www.examiner.com/article/a-climber-to-appreciate-napa-valley-red-wine

montegobayjr

Link to a site with shortcuts to reviews and a 2012 Silver Medal...

http://www.wine-searcher.com/wine-63968-2010-clif-bar-family-winery-farm-the-climber-red-napa-valley-usa

Digging deeper, the White also scored a Silver medal there.

montegobayjr

Another nice article on the red:
http://www.examiner.com/article/take-a-lofty-adventure-with-the-climber

Exerpted: "This is not a pretentious wine but one that is at ease with a family dinner, after a pick-up game on Sunday afternoon or a romantic smoked ham quiche dinner by the fire.

At this value price ($14), open another bottle for dessert."

nurg

quality posts: 0 Private Messages nurg

This will arrive before Christmas, yes? That's the one thing I need to know and can't find confirmed here.

veevandyke

quality posts: 2 Private Messages veevandyke

Purchased one red and one white in the aseptic package to take camping this past summer. -- Yes, we take wine camping.

Was nicely surprised by the white which was delicious COLD (Note: We were camping in FL in July -- bad idea.) Great flavor and not too acidic, but definitely not sweet. As it warmed up a bit, the fruit flavors became more apparent and we finished the white "bag" well before the red, although the heat could have had something to do with that as well.

I was less impressed with the red, but remember noting that it was unobjectionable and easy-drinking. Typically, I am more of a red wine drinker, though, and tend to spend more on my red bottles than whites.

Brought what was left back from the camping trip, and it was nice with pizza. Full bodied and rich, but without any standout flavors.

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 565 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

nurg wrote:This will arrive before Christmas, yes? That's the one thing I need to know and can't find confirmed here.

Yes, still in time for Christmas. WD will let us all know when something will be too late.

FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

nurg

quality posts: 0 Private Messages nurg
ThunderThighs wrote:Yes, still in time for Christmas. WD will let us all know when something will be too late.

Yay, thank you! Buying two!

merjen

quality posts: 0 Private Messages merjen

I purchase wine cases from a few other sites and am able to have them delivered to me here in Indiana, no problem. A couple of them use a third party courier to get around the restrictions.

It is very dissapointing that this great deal cannot be mine just because of where I live, I really want it.

eclaire92

quality posts: 1 Private Messages eclaire92

12 bottles on 12-12-12? I do believe this is a wildly appropriate day to purchase my very first wine woot.

Baker's dozen tomorrow?

Donfrank

quality posts: 3 Private Messages Donfrank

Off Topic.
Did I miss the Woot Christmas Wine offering?

Winedavid39

quality posts: 200 Private Messages Winedavid39

Guest Blogger

nurg wrote:This will arrive before Christmas, yes? That's the one thing I need to know and can't find confirmed here.

These will ship on Friday Fedex Home out of California. should get to any of the 48 by Christmas.

North316

quality posts: 107 Private Messages North316
Donfrank wrote:Off Topic.

YES

My CT
"Trust your homies on the net", Clark Smith.
R.I.P. Inkycatz - Feb. 2013

smccarth

quality posts: 1 Private Messages smccarth

This would be appropriate to drink when we go off the fiscal cliff! Of course I'll go off the fiscal cliff much earlier if I buy this.

inkycatz

quality posts: 105 Private Messages inkycatz
Donfrank wrote:Off Topic.

I'm just hanging out, really.

Geniekid

quality posts: 5 Private Messages Geniekid

Finally, a wine targeted towards rock climbers.

Winedavid39

quality posts: 200 Private Messages Winedavid39

Guest Blogger

merjen wrote:I purchase wine cases from a few other sites and am able to have them delivered to me here in Indiana, no problem. A couple of them use a third party courier to get around the restrictions.

It is very dissapointing that this great deal cannot be mine just because of where I live, I really want it.

wootleg!

North316

Winedavid39 wrote:wootleg!

Where do we buy those? pirates.woot?

My CT

Donfrank

quality posts: 3 Private Messages Donfrank

Dang, was traveling out of the Country and this one shipped to NJ - a rarity here.

Thanks

brivabeach

quality posts: 0 Private Messages brivabeach

I am so lost now. I have ordered several wines from here to the point that I was full. Now my stock is starting to come down and I was going to order these but now Virginia is off the list! I guess I will have to guard my woot varieties closer for a while. Man, now I will have to go to the local store to get all my wine... I had fell in love with the delivery to the door and only going to the stores to get local wines.

North316

brivabeach wrote:I am so lost now. I have ordered several wines from here to the point that I was full. Now my stock is starting to come down and I was going to order these but now Virginia is off the list! I guess I will have to guard my woot varieties closer for a while. Man, now I will have to go to the local store to get all my wine... I had fell in love with the delivery to the door and only going to the stores to get local wines.

Read why Virginia might be out of the game for awhile!

Cesare, can we please include this in your initial post going forward?

My CT

losthighwayz

quality posts: 59 Private Messages losthighwayz

I am all over this EXCEPT the addition of Reisling and Vignier to the SB blend...what a bummer! I "dislike" both those varietals and had a bad expreience with the White Diablita (SB and Resiling blend).

I am down to split red-white with someone in LA-area..

"The older I get the better I was"

brivabeach

quality posts: 0 Private Messages brivabeach
North316 wrote: Read why Virginia might be out of the game for awhile!

Cesare, can we please include this in your initial post going forward?

North316,

Thanks, I completely missed them being removed until I tried to order. Not your fault, I just assumed since my last order that nothing had changed.

cortot20

quality posts: 142 Private Messages cortot20

Very tempting, i thought the clif wines were a great value in the past. But I was disappointed by the more recent climber releases. 2009 maybe?

CT

woottoady

quality posts: 33 Private Messages woottoady
ThunderThighs wrote:Yes, still in time for Christmas. WD will let us all know when something will be too late.

That's fine... but the world comes to an end on the 21st, so Christmas delivery isn't helpful.

HeartbreakRidge

quality posts: 7 Private Messages HeartbreakRidge
cortot20 wrote:Very tempting, i thought the clif wines were a great value in the past. But I was disappointed by the more recent climber releases. 2009 maybe?

Yeah, I liked the Clif whites in the past, and for $8 a bottle, I can take the risk.

dliidlii

quality posts: 34 Private Messages dliidlii

Amazon to Collect Sales Tax from Massachusetts Residents. That means Woot will have to start also I assume.Under the agreement, Amazon will start collecting the Massachusetts sales taxes on Nov. 1, 2013.

Read more: http://techland.time.com/2012/12/12/amazon-to-collect-sales-tax-from-massachusetts-residents/#ixzz2EsAHjI00

Read more: http://techland.time.com/2012/12/12/amazon-to-collect-sales-tax-from-massachusetts-residents/#ixzz2Es8ZpnQM

nealkb

quality posts: 13 Private Messages nealkb
dliidlii wrote:Amazon to Collect Sales Tax from Massachusetts Residents. That means Woot will have to start also I assume.

Read more: http://techland.time.com/2012/12/12/amazon-to-collect-sales-tax-from-massachusetts-residents/#ixzz2Es8ZpnQM

Amazon is supposed to collect sales tax from California too, but that hasn't affected the prices for woot yet. I think.

Neal K Bharadwaj

miken927

quality posts: 122 Private Messages miken927

C'mon, there's only one Cliff Climber!

------------------
I Bet on Sky

jaimelobo

quality posts: 1 Private Messages jaimelobo

Not to dampen anyone's spirit here, but these are clearance items and you can walk in the winery and buy at $8/bottle currently. (Less for a whole case). So if you add tax, it's a little savings.

Of course, if you don't happen to live near by, then add in $25-$30 for shipping and you are getting a deal, just not quite the 53% off listed.

lloydrj

quality posts: 0 Private Messages lloydrj

COUNT YOUR BOTTLES !!!!

I just got my shipment and they shorted me one bottle of white! Got 5 not 6 !! :-(

I'm off to contact Woot Customer Service

inkycatz

lloydrj wrote:COUNT YOUR BOTTLES !!!!

I just got my shipment and they shorted me one bottle of white! Got 5 not 6 !! :-(

I'm off to contact Woot Customer Service

Thanks for letting us know - please be sure to give support 1-2 business days to get back to you on this. (We appreciate it!)

guyhagen

quality posts: 0 Private Messages guyhagen

Finally got mine the day before Christmas....hubs and I are quite pleased. If this is offered again, I'm in for another case.

inkycatz

guyhagen wrote:Finally got mine the day before Christmas....hubs and I are quite pleased. If this is offered again, I'm in for another case.

Timing is everything.