2009 Noceto Sangiovese, Amador County
CT link above

Winery website

Previous offer:
11/27/12

-il Cesare
Sole Absolute Triple
Exalted High Tastemaster Supreme
“In the entire world there are only a few sounds that bring joy to all but the most jaded. One is the murmur of a kitten purring. Another is the thwack of a well-pitched baseball hitting a perfectly swung bat. And the third is the pop of a cork being pulled from a bottle of wine.” —George Taber

b74eqcm

quality posts: 0 Private Messages b74eqcm

Grrrr. No Vermont.

schaeferr

quality posts: 7 Private Messages schaeferr

Man, I love this stuff, and I would be all over this offer, except I've bought this three times in the last two months. My wine fridge is considerably stocked with this wine.

If this comes up again in a few months, I will have to re-stock, but right now I am set.

micahfishes

quality posts: 6 Private Messages micahfishes

Just tried both of these. The 2009 is a great great wine. It has good fruit/tannin/acid balance. The 2008 reserve is a karate kick to the face in regards to acidity. Major pucker factor, yet it didn't detract from a pleasant bouquet and wonderful garnet color. I let it aerate for a while and tried again, only to pucker my face again. Nothing wrong with that for some people, but the 2009 is by far more drinkable right now in my uber-humble opinion.

SkiTrent

quality posts: 0 Private Messages SkiTrent
schaeferr wrote:Man, I love this stuff, and I would be all over this offer, except I've bought this three times in the last two months. My wine fridge is considerably stocked with this wine.

If this comes up again in a few months, I will have to re-stock, but right now I am set.

In the same boat.. I have purchased twice before.

astondb4gtz

quality posts: 3 Private Messages astondb4gtz
SkiTrent wrote:In the same boat.. I have purchased twice before.

Me three. Hope to see it back about May or June...

2006-2012: 7 Burgandy Olfactory Center#39;s and lotsa other crappy stuff

mattneumeyer

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mattneumeyer
micahfishes wrote:Just tried both of these. The 2009 is a great great wine. It has good fruit/tannin/acid balance. The 2008 reserve is a karate kick to the face in regards to acidity. Major pucker factor, yet it didn't detract from a pleasant bouquet and wonderful garnet color. I let it aerate for a while and tried again, only to pucker my face again. Nothing wrong with that for some people, but the 2009 is by far more drinkable right now in my uber-humble opinion.

The PH is 3.24 on that wine, so I'm not too surprised. I'm not sure that I've seen 3.24 on a red before, but I'm not that experienced.

tytiger58

quality posts: 74 Private Messages tytiger58
micahfishes wrote:Just tried both of these. The 2009 is a great great wine. It has good fruit/tannin/acid balance. The 2008 reserve is a karate kick to the face in regards to acidity. Major pucker factor, yet it didn't detract from a pleasant bouquet and wonderful garnet color. I let it aerate for a while and tried again, only to pucker my face again. Nothing wrong with that for some people, but the 2009 is by far more drinkable right now in my uber-humble opinion.

If your going to drink the 08 this young (that's right Kyle I said it)make sure you pair with food, that will do the trick.

What contemptible scoundrel stole the cork from my lunch? ~ W. C. Fields

“Freedom is something that dies unless it's used” Hunter S Thompson

time2testit

quality posts: 14 Private Messages time2testit

Damn. We are on a SIWBM. But you all were talking about Vino Noceto at Klezman's so we have to be in for 1 at least:

Vino Noceto 2 and 2 (4)
Speed to First Woot:
1m 29.776s
First Sucker:
iamdwizard
Last Wooter to Woot:
time2testit
Last Purchase:
a minute ago

mjc613

quality posts: 48 Private Messages mjc613
schaeferr wrote:Man, I love this stuff, and I would be all over this offer, except I've bought this three times in the last two months. My wine fridge is considerably stocked with this wine.

We just the bottles last week from the last time woot sold this combination, and DH's face lit up. ULtra-tempted to get some more, but heck, it's a woot-off, and we still need to drink what we have.

So wine-woot folks, please bring this back, but not until late January. Please?

cwc22

quality posts: 6 Private Messages cwc22
tytiger58 wrote:If your going to drink the 08 this young (that's right Kyle I said it)make sure you pair with food, that will do the trick.

Thanks to you guys for the heads up on that. I agree that the 2009 is fantastic - so I'm in again for this - but I hadn't gotten around to trying the 2008 yet, and it sounds like that'd be better off stashed away for a while to age a bit to reach its full potential.

dundey

quality posts: 3 Private Messages dundey

What happened to CT!!!
We used to be able to order wine, now not!!!
NOT VERY HAPPY>

sdwindansea

quality posts: 4 Private Messages sdwindansea
cwc22 wrote:Thanks to you guys for the heads up on that. I agree that the 2009 is fantastic - so I'm in again for this - but I hadn't gotten around to trying the 2008 yet, and it sounds like that'd be better off stashed away for a while to age a bit to reach its full potential.

I haven't tried this yet but I bought two sets last time it was available. In my notes, I have to not open the 2008 Reserve until at least 2014 and wait as long as 2020.

kylemittskus

quality posts: 231 Private Messages kylemittskus
sdwindansea wrote:I haven't tried this yet but I bought two sets last time it was available. In my notes, I have to not open the 2008 Reserve until at least 2014 and wait as long as 2020.

Accurate.

"If drinking is bitter, change yourself to wine." -Rainer Maria Rilke

"Champagne is a very kind and friendly thing on a rainy night." -Isak Dinesen