2002 Ardente Cabernet Sauvignon, Atlas Peak, Napa Valley
CT links above

Winery website

Previous offer:
10/8/12

-il Cesare
Sole Absolute Triple
Exalted High Tastemaster Supreme
“In the entire world there are only a few sounds that bring joy to all but the most jaded. One is the murmur of a kitten purring. Another is the thwack of a well-pitched baseball hitting a perfectly swung bat. And the third is the pop of a cork being pulled from a bottle of wine.” —George Taber

pirana6

quality posts: 0 Private Messages pirana6

Whew! Finally found what I was looking for, a few bottles, each of something slightly different (as in, not a case), for my parents for Xmas. No more refreshing the wine.woot page over and over!

Thanks guys!

fredrinaldi

quality posts: 35 Private Messages fredrinaldi

Love this stuff, bought 18 bottles last month, and tempted to buy more.

itsernst

quality posts: 1 Private Messages itsernst

Last Wooter to Woot:
itsernst

This looks promising.

mschauber

quality posts: 40 Private Messages mschauber
Cesare wrote:Ardente Estate Library Cab Mix 3-Pack
$59.99 $132.20 55% off List Price

It's hard to believe they still have any of this left.

I have not had the '01 or '02 yet, but I can tell you the '97 is great. I have given a few bottles away as gifts and everyone has been very impressed. I don't have specific notes on me, but I did put them in CT. A couple of things to note: 1) The '97 needs to breath for 8+ hrs. I've shortened that time by by decanting and aerating, but time is best. 2) The '97 can easily last a week+. I've found the flavors and aromas (maybe bouquets at this point in it's life,) improve day by day. I decanted my last bottle, aerated it, and then poured back into the bottle. I used the vacuvin to store it. I had glasses every couple of days for 10 days. Right about day 7 or 8 it was at it's best. Still wonderful at day 10.

--
Hey you, out there in the cold; Getting lonely, getting old; Can you feel me? - Pink Floyd/Roger Waters
My CT

cmaldoon

quality posts: 62 Private Messages cmaldoon

I have purchased 3 sets of these and love them. If you enjoy dry red wines you need a set of these. They are fantastic QPR and you will not be disappointed.

2014 - 20 Btl. Fjellene (10 bot), Urraca Chard (10 bot)
Last purchase: 5/3/14

2013 - 75 btl. 2012 - 98 btl. 2011 - 112 btl. 2010 - 30 btl.
My Cellar

cmaldoon

quality posts: 62 Private Messages cmaldoon
mschauber wrote:It's hard to believe they still have any of this left.

I have not had the '01 or '02 yet, but I can tell you the '97 is great. I have given a few bottles away as gifts and everyone has been very impressed. I don't have specific notes on me, but I did put them in CT. A couple of things to note: 1) The '97 needs to breath for 8+ hrs. I've shortened that time by by decanting and aerating, but time is best. 2) The '97 can easily last a week+. I've found the flavors and aromas (maybe bouquets at this point in it's life,) improve day by day. I decanted my last bottle, aerated it, and then poured back into the bottle. I used the vacuvin to store it. I had glasses every couple of days for 10 days. Right about day 7 or 8 it was at it's best. Still wonderful at day 10.

How the heck does it last 8-10 days? Mine is gone no later than day 2!

2014 - 20 Btl. Fjellene (10 bot), Urraca Chard (10 bot)
Last purchase: 5/3/14

2013 - 75 btl. 2012 - 98 btl. 2011 - 112 btl. 2010 - 30 btl.
My Cellar

sphervey

quality posts: 39 Private Messages sphervey
fredrinaldi wrote:Love this stuff, bought 18 bottles last month, and tempted to buy more.

Also fell in love with these. Bought two of the first library cab offering and loved it so much that I maxed out on the next library, 97, 01, and 02 when it was offered. My closet is screaming with these aged cabernets but they are absolutely wonderful - even my husband likes them, and he is not a cabernet fan. A true Woot bargain.

fredrinaldi

bought more
as much as I like to chance to buy wines I have already tried, the "old" woot (offs) would offer New wines, seems like all thay do is recycle over and over again.

rjquillin

quality posts: 178 Private Messages rjquillin
fredrinaldi wrote:Love this stuff, bought 18 bottles last month, and tempted to buy more.

Move along, this is not the Cab you're looking for.

In a pig's eye. For $20/bottle this is a steal. It's aged, gotta decant, but it sure delivers.

I too have 18 bottles, and am quite tempted to break my SIWBM on this woot-off.

Yup, two more
Last Wooter to Woot:rjquillin

CT

mschauber

cmaldoon wrote:How the heck does it last 8-10 days? Mine is gone no later than day 2!

I'm single, my cats prefer lower alcohol content drinks, and despite my love of wine, more than a glass a day and I get nauseous

--
Hey you, out there in the cold; Getting lonely, getting old; Can you feel me? - Pink Floyd/Roger Waters
My CT

mschauber

fredrinaldi wrote:bought more
as much as I like to chance to buy wines I have already tried, the "old" woot (offs) would offer New wines, seems like all thay do is recycle over and over again.

Fred,
Pair the '97 (after day 1,) with some Brandini.. MMMMMMMMmmmmmMMMMmmmm Mouth is watering just thinking about it. Guess I know what I'm having tonight ;)

--
My CT

fredrinaldi

mschauber wrote:It's hard to believe they still have any of this left.

I agree, this is my "New Rockus Bockus" when they were selling this on the 5 days wine buys (under the daily deal) I bought 3 of the 3 set 97's 3 Sets of the 97,01 & 02 Vintages.
and darn just bought 2 more "sets"

knotheadusc

quality posts: 5 Private Messages knotheadusc

In for two! Ordered these in October and they are exquisite! Also convinced a non- Wine.Wooter to buy some for her parents and they were also pleased!

SmilingBoognish

quality posts: 48 Private Messages SmilingBoognish

Just popped a bottle of the 1997 the other night. I am always amazed at how supple the corks are on old wines that have been stored properly. The cabs I bought in the late 80's/early 90's that have been moved around and stored in various states of abuse have all tasted wonderful when opened, but required the use of an "ah-so" opener. This Ardente, as well as the 1999 Astrale e Terra I purchased had supple corks which were very easily removed with my trusty waiter's cork screw.
The wine was an almost brown color in the glass and still had muscular tannins with the nice bottle bouquet one would expect from an aged cab. I suppose the tannic nature should not surprise me, as Atlas Peak wines are known for their brawny tannins, but it did nonetheless. I paired it with sashimi tuna and salmon, which I know a lot of people find odd, but many cabs work well with it for my palate. This one did not work that well. Next time I think I will pair it with a hearty winter beef stew, rib-eye or maybe even a shepherd's pie. The still grippy tannins and earthy/herbal characteristics seem to beg for some beef fat.

Cliff notes:
For $20/btl this is definitely worth it for anybody wanting to see what an aged Atlas Peak wine tastes like. If you like big cabs, go for it!

AndrewSII

quality posts: 3 Private Messages AndrewSII
cmaldoon wrote:How the heck does it last 8-10 days? Mine is gone no later than day 2!

Hannukah Wine Miracle.

dalematthew

quality posts: 23 Private Messages dalematthew

In for 2 more sets. Loved the '97 I tried a week ago.

loveladyelectric

quality posts: 23 Private Messages loveladyelectric

I bit. I've been looking for a nice tannic cab for a while, and at $20/bottle I'm pretty excited by all the great reviews of the 97.

keithnowak7

quality posts: 11 Private Messages keithnowak7

Woot Offs. For when you decided you didn't want to use your free shipping during gift week purchases (where nearly all of this stuff was available) maybe you will be dumb enough to do it now? Next offering will be: some dry jack cheese, ration olive bonzai, cured meats that are resonable, cured meats that are excessive (wait, that was already offered), perhaps some coasters, wine charms, or more barrel staves/candelabras?

I used to check woot-offs many times a day. This new format is worthless. Nothing of value, in fact, if you wanted it earlier and could double-up shipping, it is less of a value. Yet, we still are shown them as if they are a steal. Blah. Not a value, and boring.

losthighwayz

quality posts: 59 Private Messages losthighwayz

effing enablers! In for one.

"The older I get the better I was"

losthighwayz

do these compare to the corisons in any way? quality/QPR wise

micahfishes

quality posts: 6 Private Messages micahfishes

I waited to see how you all acted, and just went in for 3 based on what I just read....

person above has it right...Effin' enablers!

lloydrj

quality posts: 0 Private Messages lloydrj

Any idea if these will be shipped in time to be received by Fri Dec 21?

jonahp

quality posts: 1 Private Messages jonahp
losthighwayz wrote:do these compare to the corisons in any way? quality/QPR wise

Very hard to compare these with corison. However, this offer can stand up QPR wise with just about anything short of drinking for free at some rich friend's house.

nealkb

quality posts: 13 Private Messages nealkb
micahfishes wrote:I waited to see how you all acted, and just went in for 3 based on what I just read....

person above has it right...Effin' enablers!

I still have 7 bottles of this stuff. Ill bite for two more sets

Neal K Bharadwaj

jonahp

I'm typing in the hope that this will be gone when I'm done. I've bought 27 bottles so far and I really don't need more. If I could make a critical comment, the '01 is a bit one dimensional. It didn't do so well following a Sempre Vive Cab Saturday night. After half a glass of big deliciousness all was forgiven. As many have said, the '97 is the anchor of this deal.

losthighwayz

First Sucker:mstern20878
Last Wooter to Woot:losthighwayz
Last Purchase:a few seconds ago

scott0210

quality posts: 6 Private Messages scott0210
SmilingBoognish wrote:Just popped a bottle of the 1997 the other night. I am always amazed at how supple the corks are on old wines that have been stored properly. The cabs I bought in the late 80's/early 90's that have been moved around and stored in various states of abuse have all tasted wonderful when opened, but required the use of an "ah-so" opener. This Ardente, as well as the 1999 Astrale e Terra I purchased had supple corks which were very easily removed with my trusty waiter's cork screw.

Cliff notes:
For $20/btl this is definitely worth it for anybody wanting to see what an aged Atlas Peak wine tastes like. If you like big cabs, go for it!

How would you compare this with the 1999 Astrale e Terra? To my palate, that wine tasted a little too funky/earthy. Had a mothy flavor to it. Maybe that's part of an aged wine or maybe not stored all that well, I haven't had many older wines to compare.

fredrinaldi

jonahp wrote:I'm typing in the hope that this will be gone when I'm done. I've bought 27 bottles so far and I really don't need more. If I could make a critical comment, the '01 is a bit one dimensional. It didn't do so well following a Sempre Vive Cab Saturday night. After half a glass of big deliciousness all was forgiven. As many have said, the '97 is the anchor of this deal.

Just hit 27 myself.

jonahp

fredrinaldi wrote:Just hit 27 myself.

Happy to have company in the 27 club. I am OK with passing on this, but I know there will come a time when it's all gone and I will wonder if I can make $20 go as far.

If you're out there overly enthusiastic Ardente lady, bring back the '97 as a standalone offer. It was well worth the extra $10 IMO. I see you have the '96 and '99 on your website as well. Might an all '90's trio be next?

todd999430

quality posts: 4 Private Messages todd999430

i would have purchased this offer if I'd have seen it. Hopefully it gets offered again.

bobrush12866

quality posts: 8 Private Messages bobrush12866
fredrinaldi wrote:Just hit 27 myself.

My purchase today took me to 20...Guess I'm a slacker! 1997-9; 2001-4; 2002-7;

isitnaptime

quality posts: 0 Private Messages isitnaptime

Was in for 2 sets of the Ardente Estate Library Cab Mix. Opened a bottle of the 1997 today for Christmas dinner at parents' house. The bottle was undrinkable. Judging by the recent Cellar Tracker reviews, my flawed bottle was the outlier.... but curious if anyone else had the same experience...

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 585 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

isitnaptime wrote:Was in for 2 sets of the Ardente Estate Library Cab Mix. Opened a bottle of the 1997 today for Christmas dinner at parents' house. The bottle was undrinkable. Judging by the recent Cellar Tracker reviews, my flawed bottle was the outlier.... but curious if anyone else had the same experience...

Yikes, sorry about that. Be sure to email support@woot.com so they can help you out. Include your woot username and order number for faster service.

FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

fogtower

quality posts: 1 Private Messages fogtower
isitnaptime wrote:Was in for 2 sets of the Ardente Estate Library Cab Mix. Opened a bottle of the 1997 today for Christmas dinner at parents' house. The bottle was undrinkable. Judging by the recent Cellar Tracker reviews, my flawed bottle was the outlier.... but curious if anyone else had the same experience...

Have two orders, both 2001 were bad, now trying the 97.