MarkDaSpark

quality posts: 181 Private Messages MarkDaSpark

And I missed out on the Brandini?????

WineDavid, you need to make sure certain favorites only come up during hours when we are awake!!!! So not too late for the East Coast, and not too early for the West Coast.

Edit: Me!!!

Someone has to put WD's kids thru college, but why does it have to be me!
*This post is for purposes of enabling only, and does not constitute any promise of helping pay for said enabling. It does indicate willingness to assist in drinking said wine.

MarkDaSpark

Sooooo tempted by the Glow in the Dark set on Kids Woot. But resisting.

And they've had one Woot Monkey up, but it's still a repeat. Too bad it's not the Woot Sock Monkey.

*This post is for purposes of enabling only, and does not constitute any promise of helping pay for said enabling. It does indicate willingness to assist in drinking said wine.

otolith

quality posts: 22 Private Messages otolith
MarkDaSpark wrote:And I missed out on the Brandini?????

WineDavid, you need to make sure certain favorites only come up during hours when we are awake!!!! So not too late for the East Coast, and not too early for the West Coast.

Edit: Me!!!

I think WD was doing you a favor.

"When we try to pick out anything by itself, we find it hitched to everything else in the universe."
--John Muir

MarkDaSpark

otolith wrote:I think WD was doing you a favor.

Only if it was wine!!! The Brandini is shared with the family, especially at Xmas!

mommadeb1

quality posts: 17 Private Messages mommadeb1
cheron98 wrote:Wednesday morning. We decided to close a couple days earlier to ensure I have time to distribute before leaving for NJ for Christmas. Link again in case you need it

order is in

otolith

MarkDaSpark wrote:Only if it was wine!!! The Brandini is shared with the family, especially at Xmas!

I don't think you think what I think I mean...

"When we try to pick out anything by itself, we find it hitched to everything else in the universe."
--John Muir

HitAnyKey42

quality posts: 29 Private Messages HitAnyKey42
otolith wrote:I don't think you think what I think I mean...

I don't think anyone thinks what you think you think you mean because if anyone else thought what you thought, then their thinking would be thought of as crazy thinking.

My Cellar
In a Glorious Marriage.Woot with cheron98
NYC Tastings

MarkDaSpark

HitAnyKey42 wrote:I don't think anyone thinks what you think you think you mean because if anyone else thought what you thought, then their thinking would be thought of as crazy thinking.

That's just crazy talk!!!

(Okay, you know you're tired when you put walk instead of wink!)

HitAnyKey42

MarkDaSpark wrote:I'll have to look, but I'll have to look up my emails when I had problems on the orders. But I'm not the only one reporting problems like this. Someone else also posted somewhere about it too.

The thing is that it may have to do with their new frakkin' Time Stamps. I was First Sucker (around 45 min plus) on the DH PS at 2:08 am PT (4:08 am CT), but now someone else is showed as FS (but at a later time - almost 30 min later).

So it could have something to do with multiple orders, especially if I ordered Wine (or something else) when it came up at 10 pm (Midnight CT) and something else later after Midnight PT.

Their system could be getting confused when they go to ship, and due to the weird time stamps, flip the address.

Well, I currently have orders pending (5 having already been shipped and delivered) to 4 different addresses in 3 different states. So far so good, and hopefully they all go as directed. Not that it wouldn't be a huge deal if any of them went wrong (since they'll all end up at the same place come Xmas), but so far everything looks good.
Now I just need the last 11 orders to finish processing and get shipped.
Nothing like placing 18 orders on only 3 separate days. And today isn't over yet, so there could still be more today. At least I'll get 5% cash back from DiscoverCard on the $619 of orders.

My Cellar
NYC Tastings

North316

quality posts: 107 Private Messages North316

My double mag of Jana Cathedral just arrived here at the office. Party time!

My CT
"Trust your homies on the net", Clark Smith.
R.I.P. Inkycatz - Feb. 2013

CAGrl

quality posts: 13 Private Messages CAGrl

So I posted on Woot Plus thread about people who are griping about the shipping. Now let's see how fast they start calling names. I'm realizing I don't like (stupid trolly whiny) people.

North316

CAGrl wrote: I'm realizing I don't like (stupid trolly whiny) people.

I do. It keeps me entertained while working.

My CT

kylemittskus

quality posts: 229 Private Messages kylemittskus
CAGrl wrote:So I posted on Woot Plus thread about people who are griping about the shipping. Now let's see how fast they start calling names. I'm realizing I don't like (stupid trolly whiny) people.

I joined in, too. You know I'm always good for some fun.

"If drinking is bitter, change yourself to wine." -Rainer Maria Rilke

"Champagne is a very kind and friendly thing on a rainy night." -Isak Dinesen

inkycatz

quality posts: 105 Private Messages inkycatz
kylemittskus wrote:I joined in, too. You know I'm always good for some fun.

It's not as fun as actually talking about the wine, just pointing that out.

I'm just hanging out, really.

kylemittskus

quality posts: 229 Private Messages kylemittskus
inkycatz wrote:It's not as fun as actually talking about the wine, just pointing that out.

Awww, mom!

"If drinking is bitter, change yourself to wine." -Rainer Maria Rilke

"Champagne is a very kind and friendly thing on a rainy night." -Isak Dinesen

inkycatz

quality posts: 105 Private Messages inkycatz
kylemittskus wrote:Awww, mom!

I know, I know. I'm just seeing that place in the future where threads go horribly, horribly wrong.

(I'll try to keep my inner Scrooge to a minimum.

I'm just hanging out, really.

mommadeb1

cheron98 wrote:It's here! It's here! My mystery pack from Twisted Oak! Oh frabjous day, calloo, callay!

2002 Ferriere Vineyard Syrah
2002 Murgatroyd
2003 Grenache
2004 Silvaspoons Vineyard Petite Sirah
2005 Syrah-Viognier
2007 Pig Stai

Winz.

My order came today.....
2002 Murgatroyd
2005 Tanner Vineyard Syrah
2003 grenache
2005 Syrah-Viognier
2006 River of Skulls

MarkDaSpark

inkycatz wrote:I know, I know. I'm just seeing that place in the future where threads go horribly, horribly wrong.

How about fixing my First Sucker on the DH PS offer? Huh, huh, huh?

HitAnyKey42

mommadeb1 wrote:My order came today.....
2002 Murgatroyd
2003 grenache
2005 Syrah-Viognier
2006 River of Skulls

OmNom....River of Skulls....have you had that one yet? If not, you're gonna love it!

My Cellar
NYC Tastings

mother

quality posts: 15 Private Messages mother
kylemittskus wrote:Awww, mom!

What god damnit?

mother

quality posts: 15 Private Messages mother
inkycatz wrote:I know, I know. I'm just seeing that place in the future where threads go horribly, horribly wrong.

You mean like how you guys have totally over committed and under delivered with the cheese? (tapping food loudly- It's bad enough you sell things as 'holiday gifts' when you don't intend to get them to people in time for any holiday but the christian one, but when you explicitly state when a product will arrive, you kinda need to make that happen.)

Seriously, it's getting near they better include 4 ounces of truffle tremor to say sorry time.

(That will be a pound of TT by the time Thursday gets here and they announce they won't ship until Monday.)

mommadeb1

HitAnyKey42 wrote:OmNom....River of Skulls....have you had that one yet? If not, you're gonna love it!

I have not had River.... I can't wait!!

bhodilee

quality posts: 32 Private Messages bhodilee
mother wrote:What god damnit?

uncanny, you sounded EXACTLY like my my mom.

"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it."

– George Bernard Shaw, author (1856-1950)

cheron98

quality posts: 123 Private Messages cheron98
mommadeb1 wrote:My order came today.....
2002 Murgatroyd
2003 grenache
2005 Syrah-Viognier
2006 River of Skulls

Nice. Skulls om nom.

I saw HitAnyKey42 on wine.woot! and clicked "I want one!"

mommadeb1

cheron98 wrote:Nice. Skulls om nom.

you got a petite!!! super yummmmm

HitAnyKey42

mommadeb1 wrote:you got a petite!!! super yummmmm

Personally, of these...I'd take his Skulls over his Petite any day. Yes, I know blasPhemyS in saying that, but still...

My Cellar
NYC Tastings

tytiger58

quality posts: 74 Private Messages tytiger58
HitAnyKey42 wrote:Personally, of these...I'd take his Skulls over his Petite any day. Yes, I know blasPhemyS in saying that, but still...

+1

What contemptible scoundrel stole the cork from my lunch? ~ W. C. Fields

“Freedom is something that dies unless it's used” Hunter S Thompson

cheron98

quality posts: 123 Private Messages cheron98
HitAnyKey42 wrote:Personally, of these...I'd take his Skulls over his Petite any day. Yes, I know blasPhemyS in saying that, but still...

See, I was gonna say that, too, but I was afraid to lose my PSith Card

Jeff's PS is Good, but the Skulls... om nom.

I saw HitAnyKey42 on wine.woot! and clicked "I want one!"

mommadeb1

cheron98 wrote:See, I was gonna say that, too, but I was afraid to lose my PSith Card

Jeff's PS is Good, but the Skulls... om nom.

Now I am super excited!! Can't wait to try it!!

chemvictim

quality posts: 3 Private Messages chemvictim

Hey, Minnesota wooters! Have any of you been ice fishing? My husband and I continue to have this debate about where we'll eventually land. I want to stay here in Reno, he is fascinated by the incredible fishing opportunities in Minnesota. I was thinking if we can arrange fishing vacations to Minnesota, maybe that will satisfy him. (for what it's worth, Minneapolis area seems like a lovely place to live, but just a wee bit cold and short growing season puts me off, plus I lurv the desert and proximity to wine country)

Anyhoo, thoughts about ice fishing?

Itwdswafo

quality posts: 7 Private Messages Itwdswafo

Mine Came in today also:

2004 Marsanne (Sierra Foothills)
2007 The Spaniard
2006 Tempranillo (Calaveras County)
2002 Petite Sirah (Silvaspoons Vineyard)
2003 Grendache (Sierra Foothills)
2005 Syrah-Viognier (Calaveras County)
2003 Syrah (Calaveras County)
2003 Syrah (Tanner Vineyard)
2002 Syrah (Ferriere Vineyard)
2006 Murgatroyd
2004 %@#$!
2007 Pig Stai

I'm not very familiar with this brand (yet) which is much of the reason I bought as much as I did. Any I should be terribly jumping with excitement over? (I know most of them will be very good).

MarkDaSpark

So where will you be at 12:12:12 on 12/12/12??

mommadeb1

MarkDaSpark wrote:

So where will you be at 12:12:12 on 12/12/12??

Happy to you to!! I will be at work...

HitAnyKey42

Itwdswafo wrote:Mine Came in today also:

2004 Marsanne (Sierra Foothills)
2007 The Spaniard
2006 Tempranillo (Calaveras County)
2002 Petite Sirah (Silvaspoons Vineyard)
2003 Grendache (Sierra Foothills)
2005 Syrah-Viognier (Calaveras County)
2003 Syrah (Calaveras County)
2003 Syrah (Tanner Vineyard)
2002 Syrah (Ferriere Vineyard)
2006 Murgatroyd
2004 %@#$!
2007 Pig Stai

I'm not very familiar with this brand (yet) which is much of the reason I bought as much as I did. Any I should be terribly jumping with excitement over? (I know most of them will be very good).

You got a great pack there! First of all you got the Spaniard & Pig Stai. Then there's the VERY NICELY AGED 2002 PS (his first vintage). Plus you got the Sir-Ron-Yeah (before he started calling it that...that's the Syrah Viognier). You also got that Syrah from his first vintage as well.
Basically, that's one kickass couple of packs.

My Cellar
NYC Tastings

HitAnyKey42

MarkDaSpark wrote:So where will you be at 12:12:12 on 12/12/12??

I'll be getting ready to walk across the street to see my chiropractor.

My Cellar
NYC Tastings

Itwdswafo

quality posts: 7 Private Messages Itwdswafo
HitAnyKey42 wrote:You got a great pack there! First of all you got the Spaniard & Pig Stai. Then there's the VERY NICELY AGED 2002 PS (his first vintage). Plus you got the Sir-Ron-Yeah (before he started calling it that...that's the Syrah Viognier). You also got that Syrah from his first vintage as well.

Awesome, thanks! :D

otolith

chemvictim wrote:Hey, Minnesota wooters! Have any of you been ice fishing? My husband and I continue to have this debate about where we'll eventually land. I want to stay here in Reno, he is fascinated by the incredible fishing opportunities in Minnesota. I was thinking if we can arrange fishing vacations to Minnesota, maybe that will satisfy him. (for what it's worth, Minneapolis area seems like a lovely place to live, but just a wee bit cold and short growing season puts me off, plus I lurv the desert and proximity to wine country)

Anyhoo, thoughts about ice fishing?

It's a great time to drink beer. Actually, some of the ice shacks are pretty comfy, considering they're ice shacks. I would suggest looking for a place on Lake Mille Lacs to rent an ice shack. There are probably outfitters who can supply all the stuff.

And if you make it up here, stop on by!

--John Muir

North316

So Sparky, did you give up on your CT updating?

My CT

MarkDaSpark

North316 wrote:So Sparky, did you give up on your CT updating?

No, but busy with other stuff. Hope to have it done by the end of the year.

klezman

quality posts: 122 Private Messages klezman
HitAnyKey42 wrote:You got a great pack there! First of all you got the Spaniard & Pig Stai. Then there's the VERY NICELY AGED 2002 PS (his first vintage). Plus you got the Sir-Ron-Yeah (before he started calling it that...that's the Syrah Viognier). You also got that Syrah from his first vintage as well.

The back says Sir Ron Yeah

2014: 28 bottles. Last wine.woot: Scott Harvey Red Re-Mix
2013: 66 bottles, 2012: 91 bottles, 2011: 92 bottles, 2010: 74 bottles, 2009: 30 bottles, 2008: 3 bottles My CT