cmaldoon

quality posts: 62 Private Messages cmaldoon

PoSt Away!

2014 - 20 Btl. Fjellene (10 bot), Urraca Chard (10 bot)
Last purchase: 5/3/14

2013 - 75 btl. 2012 - 98 btl. 2011 - 112 btl. 2010 - 30 btl.
My Cellar

MarkDaSpark

quality posts: 173 Private Messages MarkDaSpark

Courtesy of CJ:

cjsiege wrote:List of previous WW gatherings by area. Great reading and great examples of how to set up a Get-Together Thread.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Upcoming Woot Wine Gatherings…All The News for the week of December 9th.

December
12/28: CT #?: Shuffle in from Buffalo...
TBD: NYC Tasting #21: A Tribute (interest thread)

January 2013
1/19: Austin #1
1/26 - 1/27: Buffalo/WNY #10: Ice Wine Festival (Niagara-on-the-Lake, Canada)

February 2013
2/22: 2013 Dark & Delicious (Alameda, CA)
2/23 - 2/25: 2013 D&D Napa/Sonoma Weekend

Pending
TBD: NorCal: Volcanic Terroir and/or Eastern European Finds
TBD: NorCal: Wheelbarrow o' Wine
TBD: Dallas #11
TBD: Arizona Verde Valley Winery Weekend

No events in your area??? Start one! Create an interest thread in the World of Wine Woot Community Tab.

So join or create a WW Gathering!

Someone has to put WD's kids thru college, but why does it have to be me!
*This post is for purposes of enabling only, and does not constitute any promise of helping pay for said enabling. It does indicate willingness to assist in drinking said wine.

redwinefan

quality posts: 74 Private Messages redwinefan

I'm looking for a couple more beta testers for my iPhone wine deal notification app. I've finally got a build up for people to use, and it will notify you of the Woot-off offers along with other deal sites.

PM me with your email if you are interested. You just need an iPhone with iOS6 installed.

"You need to invest in a corkscrew. Wine is for drinking." -- Peter Wellington

North316

quality posts: 107 Private Messages North316
redwinefan wrote:I'm looking for a couple more beta testers for my iPhone wine deal notification app. I've finally got a build up for people to use, and it will notify you of the Woot-off offers along with other deal sites.

PM me with your email if you are interested. You just need an iPhone with iOS6 installed.

Android FTW!

My CT
"Trust your homies on the net", Clark Smith.
R.I.P. Inkycatz - Feb. 2013

polarbear22

quality posts: 35 Private Messages polarbear22
redwinefan wrote:I'm looking for a couple more beta testers for my iPhone wine deal notification app. I've finally got a build up for people to use, and it will notify you of the Woot-off offers along with other deal sites.

Why an e-mail address and require iOS?

I will PM when the little message icon comes back. Or send me a message and I will reply. Not sure why, but they are gone again.

Polar bears are meant to be clever, very clever. They are the Einsteins of the bear community. - Anonymous
Please donate to the 2014 MS Bike Ride
Want to read what SonomaBouliste has to say about wine?
Ddeuddeg Cheesecake Cookbook
My Cellar

rjquillin

quality posts: 167 Private Messages rjquillin

Assuming this would also work on iPads...

CT

otolith

quality posts: 22 Private Messages otolith
cmaldoon wrote:PoSt Away!

psshhhhh, no need to succumb to peer pressure. ; )

"When we try to pick out anything by itself, we find it hitched to everything else in the universe."
--John Muir

polarbear22

quality posts: 35 Private Messages polarbear22

OK, now the little envelope appears for my message and later, but not earlier. Still can't PM redwinefan.

EDIT: And with this post, they all disappeared.

EDIT^2: Little envelopes are there on the HP Touchpad, so I was able to PM. Geez.

Polar bears are meant to be clever, very clever. They are the Einsteins of the bear community. - Anonymous
Please donate to the 2014 MS Bike Ride
Want to read what SonomaBouliste has to say about wine?
Ddeuddeg Cheesecake Cookbook
My Cellar

cmaldoon

otolith wrote:psshhhhh, no need to succumb to peer pressure. ; )

Well I know how touchy some people can be. I figure that having a new person make the pub may be just about their limit on change for the day, have to give them their warm fuzzy PS blanket. ;-)

My Cellar

cmaldoon

Looks pretty nice. Quite functional. You have an email through the test ap from me with a requested change. This will be MUCH better than the list of bookmarks I have to go through now.

My Cellar

inkycatz

quality posts: 105 Private Messages inkycatz
cmaldoon wrote:their warm fuzzy PS blanket. ;-)

Mmm, blankets.

I'm just hanging out, really.

cmaldoon

You should create a thread for discussing the ap.
I just found another small issue: when I click the cellar tracker link from within a deal it takes me to the main page of cellar tracker as opposed to putting the title of the deal in the search string within CT which would probably be more useful for many deals

My Cellar

cmaldoon

inkycatz wrote:Mmm, blankets.

Awwwwwww man, you're shedding all over it!

My Cellar

kylemittskus

quality posts: 229 Private Messages kylemittskus

BowTie: deal on the bigger Kindle Fire 8.9" wifi

http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B008GFRE5A/ref=redir_mdp_mobile?redirect=true&ref_=ox_sc_act_title_1&smid=ATVPDKIKX0DER&t=slickdeals&tag=slickdeals

Use code FIREHD89 and it makes it $249.

"If drinking is bitter, change yourself to wine." -Rainer Maria Rilke

"Champagne is a very kind and friendly thing on a rainy night." -Isak Dinesen

redwinefan

cmaldoon wrote:You should create a thread for discussing the ap.
I just found another small issue: when I click the cellar tracker link from within a deal it takes me to the main page of cellar tracker as opposed to putting the title of the deal in the search string within CT which would probably be more useful for many deals

Yes, that's definitely a feature I'm working on. Click the "News" link in the menu to see all the features I'm still actively developing. Now that I put out a build I'll be more motivated to get it done.

MarkDaSpark

cmaldoon wrote:Well I know how touchy some people can be. I figure that having a new person make the pub may be just about their limit on change for the day, have to give them their warm fuzzy PS blanket. ;-)

For the record, there was only one person who insisted that "they" had to create the Pub. Since they got a new job and got married, they've had no time to create the Pub each week. Although I still tried to give them 15 to 20 minutes to do so.

Although that was how the Clean Jokes thread got started (attempt at creating the CyberPub, IIRC).

*This post is for purposes of enabling only, and does not constitute any promise of helping pay for said enabling. It does indicate willingness to assist in drinking said wine.

cheron98

quality posts: 123 Private Messages cheron98

It's here! It's here! My mystery pack from Twisted Oak! Oh frabjous day, calloo, callay!

2002 Ferriere Vineyard Syrah
2002 Murgatroyd
2003 Grenache
2004 Silvaspoons Vineyard Petite Sirah
2005 Syrah-Viognier
2007 Pig Stai

Winz.

I saw HitAnyKey42 on wine.woot! and clicked "I want one!"

cmaldoon

MarkDaSpark wrote:

For the record, there was only one person who insisted that "they" had to create the Pub. Since they got a new job and got married, they've had no time to create the Pub each week. Although I still tried to give them 15 to 20 minutes to do so.

Although that was how the Clean Jokes thread got started (attempt at creating the CyberPub, IIRC).

I just went to check how much time I gave but well... I CAN'T CHECK BECAUSE THE TIME STAMPS ARE STOOOPID. :-P

My Cellar

redwinefan

cheron98 wrote:It's here! It's here! My mystery pack from Twisted Oak! Oh frabjous day, calloo, callay!

2002 Murgatroyd
2003 Grenache
2005 Syrah-Viognier
2007 Pig Stai

Winz.

Jealous! I'm trying to be good and not order more TwistedOak, but it is making me feel so bad.

cheron98

redwinefan wrote:Jealous! I'm trying to be good and not order more TwistedOak, but it is making me feel so bad.

How much sadder would you be once the deal stops and you realize you've missed out?

inkycatz

I missed out on the Bright Light Whites. Feeling a bit sad about this.

cortot20

quality posts: 130 Private Messages cortot20
cheron98 wrote:It's here! It's here! My mystery pack from Twisted Oak! Oh frabjous day, calloo, callay!

2002 Murgatroyd
2003 Grenache
2005 Syrah-Viognier
2007 Pig Stai

Winz.

Whats the blend on the 2002 Murgatroyd, and how are the older Grencahes aging? I have never had a Grenache older than 3-4 years. My 6pack is under the tree wrapped.

CT

redwinefan

inkycatz wrote:I missed out on the Bright Light Whites. Feeling a bit sad about this.

Can't you pull some Woot strings?

inkycatz

redwinefan wrote:Can't you pull some Woot strings?

I'm trying to think of this as "opportunity to get something else I like".

MarkDaSpark

cmaldoon wrote:I just went to check how much time I gave but well... I CAN'T CHECK BECAUSE THE TIME STAMPS ARE STOOOPID. :-P

It probably doesn't matter anymore, unless it's a PS offer up. I think PetiteSirah has given up the ghost on starting the Pub except on rare occasions when he's up. Or the offer is a PS. Then start the Pub at your own risk!

MarkDaSpark

Not worrying about the other Woots during this Woot-Off has been very liberating!!!

otolith

MarkDaSpark wrote:Not worrying about the other Woots during this Woot-Off has been very liberating!!!

I have checked all of my orders on all the other woot sites, and I've not had this issue. I've checked my orders, and it doesn't look like they have magically changed to a different address. Not sure I can comment on the actual shipping invoice, but it at least doesn't look like it has changed when I look at them on woot...

edit, for those packages that have actually shipped, it doesn't look like it has been an issue...

"When we try to pick out anything by itself, we find it hitched to everything else in the universe."
--John Muir

tiger7610

quality posts: 16 Private Messages tiger7610
cheron98 wrote:How much sadder would you be once the deal stops and you realize you've missed out?

Has the deal stopped already? because under check out it comes out as quantatity 0?

rjquillin

quality posts: 167 Private Messages rjquillin
redwinefan wrote:Jealous! I'm trying to be good and not order more TwistedOak, but it is making me feel so bad.

tiger7610 wrote:Has the deal stopped already? because under check out it comes out as quantatity 0?

Just got me a second one on the way!

Email april at twistedoak dot com

CT

MarkDaSpark

otolith wrote:I have checked all of my orders on all the other woot sites, and I've not had this issue. I've checked my orders, and it doesn't look like they have magically changed to a different address. Not sure I can comment on the actual shipping invoice, but it at least doesn't look like it has changed when I look at them on woot...

edit, for those packages that have actually shipped, it doesn't look like it has been an issue...

But how many do you have going to an alternate address? How many are going to the same address as your default address?

I only have two. One for Wine.Woot (Wine Locker address) orders and one for all the other Woot (UPS Store) orders. It didn't happen every time, but it happened once or twice a month when it happened. And it's only been since the Troubles started.

Again, periodically my wine would show up here (default) instead of my wine locker. And I verified it happened, and wasn't an error on my part.

mommadeb1

quality posts: 17 Private Messages mommadeb1

2002 Murgatroyd
2003 Grenache
2005 Syrah-Viognier
2007 Pig Stai

Winz.

yumm... can't wait to see what I get... mine should be here tomorrow...

mommadeb1

Just got back from Disney! We spent 4 days with inlaws...had WONDERFUL weather.. in the low 80's ... today was our last day, super cloudy, so we went to see the Guardians and dinner, before heading back home. Had major rain on our way back. Oh well, back to reality. Did I miss anything during the last 4 days? Oh, the Guardians was really cute. Cat, when is the cut off for Pampered?

cheron98

cortot20 wrote:Whats the blend on the 2002 Murgatroyd, and how are the older Grencahes aging? I have never had a Grenache older than 3-4 years. My 6pack is under the tree wrapped.

73 Cab Sauv, 27 Petit Verdot

cheron98

MarkDaSpark wrote:Not worrying about the other Woots during this Woot-Off has been very liberating!!!

I've kind of been that way for the past several woot-offs.

cheron98

mommadeb1 wrote:Just got back from Disney! We spent 4 days with inlaws...had WONDERFUL weather.. in the low 80's ... today was our last day, super cloudy, so we went to see the Guardians and dinner, before heading back home. Had major rain on our way back. Oh well, back to reality. Did I miss anything during the last 4 days? Oh, the Guardians was really cute. Cat, when is the cut off for Pampered?

Wednesday morning. We decided to close a couple days earlier to ensure I have time to distribute before leaving for NJ for Christmas. Link again in case you need it

mommadeb1

cheron98 wrote:Wednesday morning. We decided to close a couple days earlier to ensure I have time to distribute before leaving for NJ for Christmas. Link again in case you need it

Thanks, will order tomorrow!

bahwm

quality posts: 26 Private Messages bahwm

Happy Channukah to all of my friends who are celebrating!

May our love be like good wine, grow stronger as it grows older. ~ Old English Toast

mommadeb1

bahwm wrote:Happy Channukah to all of my friends who are celebrating!

+1

otolith

MarkDaSpark wrote:But how many do you have going to an alternate address? How many are going to the same address as your default address?

I only have two. One for Wine.Woot (Wine Locker address) orders and one for all the other Woot (UPS Store) orders. It didn't happen every time, but it happened once or twice a month when it happened. And it's only been since the Troubles started.

Again, periodically my wine would show up here (default) instead of my wine locker. And I verified it happened, and wasn't an error on my part.

I have my wine going to a local fedex facility, and the rest to my home address, and, afaik, haven't had any issues. In fact, I think the shipping has been a little faster. FWIW.

I do not recall if I bought wine and something else on the same day, and if that's where you may run into troubles...

--John Muir

MarkDaSpark

otolith wrote:I have my wine going to a local fedex facility, and the rest to my home address, and, afaik, haven't had any issues. In fact, I think the shipping has been a little faster. FWIW.

I do not recall if I bought wine and something else on the same day, and if that's where you may run into troubles...

I'll have to look, but I'll have to look up my emails when I had problems on the orders. But I'm not the only one reporting problems like this. Someone else also posted somewhere about it too.

The thing is that it may have to do with their new frakkin' Time Stamps. I was First Sucker (around 45 min plus) on the DH PS at 2:08 am PT (4:08 am CT), but now someone else is showed as FS (but at a later time - almost 30 min later).

So it could have something to do with multiple orders, especially if I ordered Wine (or something else) when it came up at 10 pm (Midnight CT) and something else later after Midnight PT.

Their system could be getting confused when they go to ship, and due to the weird time stamps, flip the address.