quality posts: 14 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

Poll: Do you drink wine with pizza?
  • 12.2% - Depends on the pizza 281
  • 10.8% - Depends on the wine 249
  • 20.8% - No, absolutely not 479
  • 56.2% - I drink wine with everything 1294
2303 votes

Well, how do you fare compared to the Zeitgeist? Chat up your fellow wooters and let us know how lame this poll was or what obvious choices we missed. For example: Was this poll a) STUPID, b) DUMB, c) POINTLESS or d) ALL OF THE ABOVE?

wingedsurfgirl

quality posts: 25 Private Messages wingedsurfgirl

I put wine in my pizza sauce, and drink it too. White wine need not apply.

North316

quality posts: 107 Private Messages North316

There is a few typos in the poll question. It should read:

Poll: Do you eat pizza with your wine?

My CT
"Trust your homies on the net", Clark Smith.
R.I.P. Inkycatz - Feb. 2013

sunnyx0r

quality posts: 9 Private Messages sunnyx0r

I make a homemade wild mushroom pizza with smoked cheese that goes well with pinot noir. And occasionally I'll have pizza and wine at a restaurant. Other than that, wine is not my typical pizza drink.

StarM

quality posts: 19 Private Messages StarM

At our favorite pizza restaurant, the wine is Gallo jug Red and Franzia box white, so we opt for a pitcher of beer.

But other than that, wine's the way to go.

"We hear of the conversion of water into wine at the marriage in Cana as of a miracle. But this conversion is, through the goodness of God, made every day before our eyes. Behold the rain which descends from heaven upon our vineyards, and which incorporates itself with the grapes, to be changed into wine; a constant proof that God loves us, and loves to see us happy." Benjamin Franklin

funbunny

quality posts: 25 Private Messages funbunny

The Diablita Red that is up on Woot Plus is a great pizza wine.

"Wine is sunshine held together by water" - Galileo Galilei

PocketBrain

quality posts: 46 Private Messages PocketBrain

Depends upon the wine and the pizza. Or maybe the wine depends upon the pizza. MD 20/20 for a Hungry Howie's, but something good with a true artisan mom-n-pop pizza.

SneezyKevinA

quality posts: 3 Private Messages SneezyKevinA

I drink wine with my wine and wine with my pizza.

inkycatz

quality posts: 105 Private Messages inkycatz
funbunny wrote:The Diablita Red that is up on Woot Plus is a great pizza wine.

Balance slowly being tipped for getting that pack...

I'm just hanging out, really.

roadlizard7

quality posts: 1 Private Messages roadlizard7

Sorry, but I can't eat pizza without a Coke. And I don't mean Pepsi, Diet Coke, or any other substitute except possibly RC Cola. I do like wine with most any other meal except a burger and fries.

SmilingBoognish

quality posts: 47 Private Messages SmilingBoognish

Depends on my mood. Beer and wine both complement pizza.

natalieug

quality posts: 11 Private Messages natalieug

I drink wine with everything, including creme sandwich cookies (Golden Oreos) or gummy bears.

morganm

quality posts: 2 Private Messages morganm
roadlizard7 wrote:Sorry, but I can't eat pizza without a Coke. And I don't mean Pepsi, Diet Coke, or any other substitute except possibly RC Cola. I do like wine with most any other meal except a burger and fries.

remember RC Premium? that stuff was nectar.

morganm

quality posts: 2 Private Messages morganm

i'm a bottle of charles shaw white zin in a 32oz cup with ice and whatever pizza kind of guy. ladies the line forms here.

llithonian

quality posts: 0 Private Messages llithonian
roadlizard7 wrote:Sorry, but I can't eat pizza without a Coke. And I don't mean Pepsi, Diet Coke, or any other substitute except possibly RC Cola. I do like wine with most any other meal except a burger and fries.

This. Although I have been known to have Coke AND wine with my pizza, but the Coke is not optional.

On a similar note, I'd be curious to find out how many people answer 'no' when ordering a coke at a restaurant and being asked, "We have Pepsi, is that alright?" I always do, and am probably a pretentious so-and-so for doing so, but it's just not the same to me!