polarbear22


quality posts: 35 Private Messages polarbear22

We are way past due for a gathering in CT. And Justinsanderson and +1 are in the area from Buffalo for the holidays. That provides the final push to schedule.

DETAILS
DATE: Friday, December 28, 2012
TIME: 6:00 or so
THEME: Favorite wine for us to try
HOST: PolarBear22 and Mrs. PB

ATTENDEES:
1. Polarbear22
2. Mrs. PB
3. justinrsanderson
4. Mother
5. Darlenee
6. +1
7. Cheron98
8. HitAnyKey42
9. Apathy0
10. Cesare
11. Ktest


MAYBE
(None)

REGRETS
1. dsapp
2. bahwm
3. ddeuddeg
4. rpm
5. +1 (justinsanderson)
6. rlmanzo
7. +1
8. Itwdswafo


Loose theme for this one. Just bring a bottle that you would like others to try. Can be a favorite producer, or something a little unusual. We'll pick a drinking order when we have the wine.

Anyone that can, please bring some food to share as well. We will provide lasagna so we don't go hungry while we taste.

Polar bears are meant to be clever, very clever. They are the Einsteins of the bear community. - Anonymous
Please donate to the 2014 MS Bike Ride
Want to read what SonomaBouliste has to say about wine?
Ddeuddeg Cheesecake Cookbook
My Cellar

bahwm


quality posts: 28 Private Messages bahwm

Do you mean Friday, December 28th?

Oh, and regrets for ddeuddeg & me. Darn it! Would love to join you guys!

May our love be like good wine, grow stronger as it grows older. ~ Old English Toast

polarbear22


quality posts: 35 Private Messages polarbear22
bahwm wrote:Do you mean Friday, December 28th?

Oh, and regrets for ddeuddeg & me. Darn it! Would love to join you guys!


Corrected. Thank you. It was either 27 or 28. You'd think I would get it right after that.

Sorry you can't make it down. Tell ddeuddeg that I have a wootlegger to make sure his wine makes it to Buffalo. And he has an e-mail requesting cheesecake advice from me.

Polar bears are meant to be clever, very clever. They are the Einsteins of the bear community. - Anonymous
Please donate to the 2014 MS Bike Ride
Want to read what SonomaBouliste has to say about wine?
Ddeuddeg Cheesecake Cookbook
My Cellar

rpm


quality posts: 170 Private Messages rpm
polarbear22 wrote:Corrected. Thank you. It was either 27 or 28. You'd think I would get it right after that.

Sorry you can't make it down. Tell ddeuddeg that I have a wootlegger to make sure his wine makes it to Buffalo. And he has an e-mail requesting cheesecake advice from me.



Regrets from us as well; we'll be in Florida.

Wine-tasting in 8 words:
Pull lots of corks!
Remember what you taste!

ddeuddeg


quality posts: 29 Private Messages ddeuddeg
polarbear22 wrote:Corrected. Thank you. It was either 27 or 28. You'd think I would get it right after that.

Sorry you can't make it down. Tell ddeuddeg that I have a wootlegger to make sure his wine makes it to Buffalo. And he has an e-mail requesting cheesecake advice from me.

This is really a tempting event, except that it would mean a hopelessly quick turnaround because of other commitments. We'll look forward to seeing you here next month.
Cheesecake advice in return email.

"Always keep a bottle of Champagne in the fridge for special occasions. Sometimes the special occasion is that you've got a bottle of Champagne in the fridge". - Hester Browne


Ddeuddeg's Cheesecake Cookbook

cheron98


quality posts: 123 Private Messages cheron98

This is beginning to look like a possibility... will keep you posted.

I saw HitAnyKey42 on wine.woot! and clicked "I want one!"

polarbear22


quality posts: 35 Private Messages polarbear22
cheron98 wrote:This is beginning to look like a possibility... will keep you posted.



Hoping here.

Polar bears are meant to be clever, very clever. They are the Einsteins of the bear community. - Anonymous
Please donate to the 2014 MS Bike Ride
Want to read what SonomaBouliste has to say about wine?
Ddeuddeg Cheesecake Cookbook
My Cellar

rlmanzo


quality posts: 23 Private Messages rlmanzo

I am not one of the Woot regulars, but I do live in CT and would love the chance to meet some like minded winos.

Where are you planning the get-together and are there any guidelines for the wine?

Is it broke or just fractured?

polarbear22


quality posts: 35 Private Messages polarbear22
rlmanzo wrote:I am not one of the Woot regulars, but I do live in CT and would love the chance to meet some like minded winos.

Where are you planning the get-together and are there any guidelines for the wine?


I am in the Farmington Valley, NE of Hartford. (I'll PM address so you know exactly.)

No guidelines on the wine. We are going with a loose theme this time.

Love to meet some new folks.

Polar bears are meant to be clever, very clever. They are the Einsteins of the bear community. - Anonymous
Please donate to the 2014 MS Bike Ride
Want to read what SonomaBouliste has to say about wine?
Ddeuddeg Cheesecake Cookbook
My Cellar

polarbear22


quality posts: 35 Private Messages polarbear22

My wife will be making lasagna for the tasting. Please let me know if you have any restrictions, like don't eat beef. Plan would be for meat lasagna.

And we still have room for more.

Polar bears are meant to be clever, very clever. They are the Einsteins of the bear community. - Anonymous
Please donate to the 2014 MS Bike Ride
Want to read what SonomaBouliste has to say about wine?
Ddeuddeg Cheesecake Cookbook
My Cellar

darlenee1


quality posts: 7 Private Messages darlenee1

Looking forward to this! What would you like me to bring foodwise? Dessert? Side dish? Both? Not sure what wine I'm bringing just yet.

Ran out of room for the wines, and can't think of a good quote for now

HitAnyKey42


quality posts: 29 Private Messages HitAnyKey42
polarbear22 wrote:Hoping here.



I think you can put us down as as definite as definite can be, when it comes to wooters attending tastings. ;)

Basically, we have currently planned for leaving my office on Friday (hopefully leaving by 4:30ish or so) which would hopefully get us to you by 6:30ish or so. I'll give you call when we are actually on the road so you have a better idea of when we would be arriving.

My Cellar
In a Glorious Marriage.Woot with cheron98
NYC Tastings

polarbear22


quality posts: 35 Private Messages polarbear22
darlenee1 wrote:Looking forward to this! What would you like me to bring foodwise? Dessert? Side dish? Both? Not sure what wine I'm bringing just yet.


Either is fine. But I'd go side dish over dessert at this point since no one else has posted.

We still have to determine what we will open.

Polar bears are meant to be clever, very clever. They are the Einsteins of the bear community. - Anonymous
Please donate to the 2014 MS Bike Ride
Want to read what SonomaBouliste has to say about wine?
Ddeuddeg Cheesecake Cookbook
My Cellar

ddeuddeg


quality posts: 29 Private Messages ddeuddeg
polarbear22 wrote:My wife will be making lasagna for the tasting. Please let me know if you have any restrictions, like don't eat beef. Plan would be for meat lasagna.

And we still have room for more.

You're killing me with this. Trying to figure out how to move something around on the schedule. Don't think it's going to happen, but...

"Always keep a bottle of Champagne in the fridge for special occasions. Sometimes the special occasion is that you've got a bottle of Champagne in the fridge". - Hester Browne


Ddeuddeg's Cheesecake Cookbook

ddeuddeg


quality posts: 29 Private Messages ddeuddeg
HitAnyKey42 wrote:I think you can put us down as as definite as definite can be, when it comes to wooters attending tastings. ;)

Basically, we have currently planned for leaving my office on Friday (hopefully leaving by 4:30ish or so) which would hopefully get us to you by 6:30ish or so. I'll give you call when we are actually on the road so you have a better idea of when we would be arriving.

2 hours from your office to Hartford area in Friday PM traffic? Do you have a helicopter, or do you know a route I might want to know some time?

"Always keep a bottle of Champagne in the fridge for special occasions. Sometimes the special occasion is that you've got a bottle of Champagne in the fridge". - Hester Browne


Ddeuddeg's Cheesecake Cookbook

mother


quality posts: 15 Private Messages mother
ddeuddeg wrote:2 hours from your office to Hartford area in Friday PM traffic? Do you have a helicopter, or do you know a route I might want to know some time?



Hopefully there won't be traffic since nobody else is working ;) But yeah, unfortunately I don't know how do-able that is without traffic.

cheron98


quality posts: 123 Private Messages cheron98
mother wrote:Hopefully there won't be traffic since nobody else is working ;) But yeah, unfortunately I don't know how do-able that is without traffic.



it's called "HAK drives really fast because he likes to scare the crap out of me"

Edit: Oh wait, we'll be in MY car. Probably with ME driving.

Yeah, we might want to try leaving by 3....

I saw HitAnyKey42 on wine.woot! and clicked "I want one!"

polarbear22


quality posts: 35 Private Messages polarbear22
cheron98 wrote:it's called "HAK drives really fast because he likes to scare the crap out of me"

Edit: Oh wait, we'll be in MY car. Probably with ME driving.

Yeah, we might want to try leaving by 3....


I like your plan better.

Polar bears are meant to be clever, very clever. They are the Einsteins of the bear community. - Anonymous
Please donate to the 2014 MS Bike Ride
Want to read what SonomaBouliste has to say about wine?
Ddeuddeg Cheesecake Cookbook
My Cellar

bahwm


quality posts: 28 Private Messages bahwm

Hey, you guys! Anybody have leftover empty gift baskets? We'd love to take them off your hands and use them for Shakespeare in Delaware Park's Fabulous Feast Dinner and Auction on Sat. March 23rd. Perhaps I could entice cheron & HAK, justinrsanderson & Katy or PB to bring them back to Buffalo. . .thank you!

May our love be like good wine, grow stronger as it grows older. ~ Old English Toast

Itwdswafo


quality posts: 7 Private Messages Itwdswafo

Ornaments Make Festive Garland, and I actually have a Friday off! But I have a friend in town. Maybe some convincing is in order....

polarbear22


quality posts: 35 Private Messages polarbear22
Itwdswafo wrote:Ornaments Make Festive Garland, and I actually have a Friday off! But I have a friend in town. Maybe some convincing is in order....


Still time and room. Love to meet you, and friend is welcome. Only requirement is to be a wine drinker.

Polar bears are meant to be clever, very clever. They are the Einsteins of the bear community. - Anonymous
Please donate to the 2014 MS Bike Ride
Want to read what SonomaBouliste has to say about wine?
Ddeuddeg Cheesecake Cookbook
My Cellar

dsapp


quality posts: 3 Private Messages dsapp

I'm sad to be missing this gathering.

polarbear22


quality posts: 35 Private Messages polarbear22
dsapp wrote:I'm sad to be missing this gathering.


We'll miss you. Enjoy your trip.

Polar bears are meant to be clever, very clever. They are the Einsteins of the bear community. - Anonymous
Please donate to the 2014 MS Bike Ride
Want to read what SonomaBouliste has to say about wine?
Ddeuddeg Cheesecake Cookbook
My Cellar

Cesare


quality posts: 1594 Private Messages Cesare

Put us on the maybe list and PM me your address so I can figure out if the logistics are possible.

-il Cesare
Sole Absolute Triple
Exalted High Tastemaster Supreme
“In the entire world there are only a few sounds that bring joy to all but the most jaded. One is the murmur of a kitten purring. Another is the thwack of a well-pitched baseball hitting a perfectly swung bat. And the third is the pop of a cork being pulled from a bottle of wine.” —George Taber

polarbear22


quality posts: 35 Private Messages polarbear22
Itwdswafo wrote:Ornaments Make Festive Garland, and I actually have a Friday off! But I have a friend in town. Maybe some convincing is in order....


Send a PM and I will provide address. (I'd just provide it, but I can't get the PM icon back. I think it comes back for a while on a full reboot.) Let us know if you, and friend, can make it.

Polar bears are meant to be clever, very clever. They are the Einsteins of the bear community. - Anonymous
Please donate to the 2014 MS Bike Ride
Want to read what SonomaBouliste has to say about wine?
Ddeuddeg Cheesecake Cookbook
My Cellar

polarbear22


quality posts: 35 Private Messages polarbear22
Cesare wrote:Put us on the maybe list and PM me your address so I can figure out if the logistics are possible.


Done. Hope you can pull it off.

Polar bears are meant to be clever, very clever. They are the Einsteins of the bear community. - Anonymous
Please donate to the 2014 MS Bike Ride
Want to read what SonomaBouliste has to say about wine?
Ddeuddeg Cheesecake Cookbook
My Cellar

polarbear22


quality posts: 35 Private Messages polarbear22

Dinner will be a pair of lasagnas. Beef and seafood. Looking for bread and salad from attendees.

Primary wine is 2000 Château La Fleur de Boüard. And I picked a dessert wine that I would like to try. 2007 Domaine Bordenave Jurançon Cuvée des Dames.

Polar bears are meant to be clever, very clever. They are the Einsteins of the bear community. - Anonymous
Please donate to the 2014 MS Bike Ride
Want to read what SonomaBouliste has to say about wine?
Ddeuddeg Cheesecake Cookbook
My Cellar

darlenee1


quality posts: 7 Private Messages darlenee1
Cesare wrote:Put us on the maybe list and PM me your address so I can figure out if the logistics are possible.



Hope you guys can make it!

Ran out of room for the wines, and can't think of a good quote for now

darlenee1


quality posts: 7 Private Messages darlenee1
polarbear22 wrote:Dinner will be a pair of lasagnas. Beef and seafood. Looking for bread and salad from attendees.

Primary wine is 2000 Château La Fleur de Boüard. And I picked a dessert wine that I would like to try. 2007 Domaine Bordenave Jurançon Cuvée des Dames.



I'll bring a salad.

Ran out of room for the wines, and can't think of a good quote for now

justinrsanderson


quality posts: 1 Private Messages justinrsanderson

I'm back on the Forum after a long hiatus.

I will be carpooling with Mother. Katy has a family commitment, so will just be me. I'll try to bring something great to eat, as I left a full case of wine sitting by my door when we drove up.

Don't worry PB, your woot-legged bottle made the trip.

If I get around to a decent "package store" I will see if anything looks good. So far I've only had Coppola and Conundrum this trip.... Oh, and some Dewars white label. (PB I might need to try something tasty).

Oh......I know I have a bottle of Veuve there....

At any rate, really looking forward to the tasting. Will see what food everyone is bringing, and make my plan. Probably bread and cheese, or some type of appetizer.

"If it smells done, it's done. If it smells burnt, it's burnt. If it don't smell, it ain't done yet."

polarbear22


quality posts: 35 Private Messages polarbear22

Adding a new wooter, Apathy0. She is bringing some bread. More than one bread will likely work well, as we can use both before/after the meal as well as with lasagna.

J - no problem with wine. We will have enough, likely more than enough. Oh, and some Scotch to try? I got that covered.

Will have to talk wootleg. I have wine for ddeuddeg. I did not think I had any coming my way. and your Veuve bag.

Polar bears are meant to be clever, very clever. They are the Einsteins of the bear community. - Anonymous
Please donate to the 2014 MS Bike Ride
Want to read what SonomaBouliste has to say about wine?
Ddeuddeg Cheesecake Cookbook
My Cellar

polarbear22


quality posts: 35 Private Messages polarbear22

To all re. GPS. It seems that all GPS systems use the same map database. And they have my address about 7-8 house away. Look for the house number on the mailbox post. House is gray (that you won't see in the dark) and closer to the road. But take a look at the sleigh near the driveway at the GPS house.

Polar bears are meant to be clever, very clever. They are the Einsteins of the bear community. - Anonymous
Please donate to the 2014 MS Bike Ride
Want to read what SonomaBouliste has to say about wine?
Ddeuddeg Cheesecake Cookbook
My Cellar

cheron98


quality posts: 123 Private Messages cheron98
polarbear22 wrote:Adding a new wooter, Apathy0. She is bringing some bread. More than one bread will likely work well, as we can use both before/after the meal as well as with lasagna.

J - no problem with wine. We will have enough, likely more than enough. Oh, and some Scotch to try? I got that covered.

Will have to talk wootleg. I have wine for ddeuddeg. I did not think I had any coming my way. and your Veuve bag.



HAK and I can take ddeuddeg his stuff - we'll see him on Saturday night as a waypoint on the way home. Also, I hate Swype!

But I love my new tablet :-)

I saw HitAnyKey42 on wine.woot! and clicked "I want one!"

darlenee1


quality posts: 7 Private Messages darlenee1
cheron98 wrote:HAK and I can take ddeuddeg his stuff - we'll see him on Saturday night as a waypoint on the way home. Also, I hate Swype!

But I love my new tablet :-)



I love my new tablet too Did you get a nexus 7?

Ran out of room for the wines, and can't think of a good quote for now

HitAnyKey42


quality posts: 29 Private Messages HitAnyKey42
darlenee1 wrote:I love my new tablet too Did you get a nexus 7?



Yup, that's what she got. Truffles gave it to her. All I got her was a scented candle. Truffles apparently gives better gifts than me.

My Cellar
In a Glorious Marriage.Woot with cheron98
NYC Tastings

darlenee1


quality posts: 7 Private Messages darlenee1
HitAnyKey42 wrote:Yup, that's what she got. Truffles gave it to her. All I got her was a scented candle. Truffles apparently gives better gifts than me.



Well, Truffles has known her longer.

Ran out of room for the wines, and can't think of a good quote for now

HitAnyKey42


quality posts: 29 Private Messages HitAnyKey42

Also, unless we change our mind, we'll be bringing a 2004 Ty Caton TyTanium Caton Vineyard as Cat would like to have one (she doesn't remember ever drinking one herself). And with there being a few new wooters, this should be a good choice as well. Plus it should be doing quite well at this point.

My Cellar
In a Glorious Marriage.Woot with cheron98
NYC Tastings

polarbear22


quality posts: 35 Private Messages polarbear22
darlenee1 wrote:Well, Truffles has known her longer.


He gave the ring this year, so he gets a pass. But in my experience, it is the last.

Polar bears are meant to be clever, very clever. They are the Einsteins of the bear community. - Anonymous
Please donate to the 2014 MS Bike Ride
Want to read what SonomaBouliste has to say about wine?
Ddeuddeg Cheesecake Cookbook
My Cellar

edthebedhead


quality posts: 4 Private Messages edthebedhead

Enjoy the gathering! Happy Holidays! Regrets from Denver.

HitAnyKey42


quality posts: 29 Private Messages HitAnyKey42

PB, I just went searching for the CyberPub that you asked me to bring for you....and when I couldn't find it easily I started to recall that I had already sent it back with someone from CT. Searched the last NY tasting thread and realized that I did indeed send it back with mother/darlene. I don't recall off the top of my head which one of them has it, but the box is certainly in CT already.

My Cellar
In a Glorious Marriage.Woot with cheron98
NYC Tastings