WootBot


quality posts: 14 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

Geyser Peak Chardonnay Case

Speed to First Woot:
8m 51.440s
First Sucker:
Everbody
Last Wooter to Woot:
bobsargent2003
Last Purchase:
2 years ago
Order Pace (rank):
Bottom 49% of Wine Woots
Bottom 46% of all Woots
Woots Sold (rank):
Top 29% of Wine Woots
Top 31% of all Woots

Purchaser Experience

  • 4% first woot
  • 3% second woot
  • 14% < 10 woots
  • 22% < 25 woots
  • 56% ≥ 25 woots

Purchaser Seniority

  • 3% joined today
  • 0% one week old
  • 0% one month old
  • 10% one year old
  • 87% > one year old

Quantity Breakdown

  • 93% bought 1
  • 6% bought 2
  • 2% bought 3

Percentage of Sales Per Hour

4%
2%
1%
1%
2%
4%
7%
13%
9%
10%
8%
9%
4%
1%
4%
4%
4%
0%
1%
2%
2%
2%
1%
3%
12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

Woots by State

zero wooters wootinglots of wooters wooting



Quality Posts


Cesare


quality posts: 1586 Private Messages Cesare

Geyser Peak 2009 Sonoma County Chardonnay Case
$89.99 (Normally $212.30) 58% off List Price
2009 Chardonnay, Sonoma County
CT link above

Winery website

-il Cesare
Sole Absolute Triple
Exalted High Tastemaster Supreme
“In the entire world there are only a few sounds that bring joy to all but the most jaded. One is the murmur of a kitten purring. Another is the thwack of a well-pitched baseball hitting a perfectly swung bat. And the third is the pop of a cork being pulled from a bottle of wine.” —George Taber

Winedavid39


quality posts: 200 Private Messages Winedavid39

Guest Blogger

* stock up *

this is an $18.00-$25.00 chard pedigree for ALOT less.

IMO- don't over think this.

sip for days.

in time for Christmas.

rdeason1


quality posts: 3 Private Messages rdeason1

No Arizona, distributors here have their fingers in the Jimmy Beam pie. I would buy this for my other half as she loves GP wines. Our favorite of their wines is the Reserve Alexandre Meritage. Have always had a great time at their tasting room, and used to buy 1-2 cases to bring back on the plane before the airlines started charging. Ah, those were the days!

nfurlong


quality posts: 1 Private Messages nfurlong

I've got a couple of questions. I understand the Alexander Valley is part of Sonoma County, but I've seen both appellations on bottles of Geyser Peak. Perhaps the AV sells for $20, but I know you can get the Sonoma County for about $8, which is roughly what Woot is selling it for here. Can anyone tell me whether a) the two are different, b) if so whether this is the AV chard (the pic shows SC but Woot pics are sometimes wrong) and c) how was is made differently than the SC chard? Thanks.

losthighwayz


quality posts: 59 Private Messages losthighwayz

Case production?
Description makes it sound crisp....just how I like chards but then refers to wood so I assume it is not stainless steel or unoaked. Is it a butter bomb then? Not my cup of tea if it is. Finally, does the RS seem a bit high for a chard?

Thanks!

"The older I get the better I was"

hiperco


quality posts: 0 Private Messages hiperco

Seems a case can be had online for about $112 shipped, making this at $95 a minor discount.

stars67


quality posts: 0 Private Messages stars67
hiperco wrote:Seems a case can be had online for about $112 shipped, making this at $95 a minor discount.



KINKS!!!!!!!

Oh wait no.. sorry.. I mistyped...

LINKS!!!!!

ThunderThighs


quality posts: 554 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

I'm not seeing it. The only thing I found even close was 375ml bottles.



Customer Service: support@woot.com ••• Allow 1-2 business days for response.
••• ► Woot's Return Policy
◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

WilfBrim


quality posts: 18 Private Messages WilfBrim
Winedavid39 wrote:* stock up *

this is an $18.00-$25.00 chard pedigree for ALOT less.

IMO- don't over think this.

sip for days.

in time for Christmas.



It would appear that the quest for my wedding wines is now half over. With an endorsement like this from WD, who am I to argue.

irenegade


quality posts: 2 Private Messages irenegade
stars67 wrote:KINKS!!!!!!!

Oh wait no.. sorry.. I mistyped...

LINKS!!!!!



Here you go!

http://www.wine-searcher.com/find/geyser+peak

kaolis


quality posts: 27 Private Messages kaolis
Winedavid39 wrote:* stock up *

this is an $18.00-$25.00 chard pedigree for ALOT less.

IMO- don't over think this.

sip for days.

in time for Christmas.



It may be an $18 to $25 Chard pedigree...but it is still a $14.00 wine, as that is the price at the winery, as you have listed in the specs page.

dalematthew


quality posts: 22 Private Messages dalematthew
losthighwayz wrote:Case production?
Description makes it sound crisp....just how I like chards but then refers to wood so I assume it is not stainless steel or unoaked. Is it a butter bomb then? Not my cup of tea if it is. Finally, does the RS seem a bit high for a chard?

Thanks!



I'd like to know that also - but from the other perspective which is how my wife likes them.

Malolactic process?

gtcharlie


quality posts: 5 Private Messages gtcharlie

Must admit I am a little confused as well. Can someone confirm this wine is different than the Geyser Peak chard I picked up at Costco for $8 a bottle this weekend? I don't have the bottle if front of me but it sure looks the same.

plr4ever


quality posts: 0 Private Messages plr4ever

This doesn't really appear to be a deal, bottles of this vintage go for $8-$13 online.

ego48


quality posts: 5 Private Messages ego48

went to 4 random sites that 'wine searcher' said had the wine for 7.99 - 2 had the 2010, 2 had none of the GP chard at all.

could find this wine (GP chard 2009) for 9.99 per bottle - however shipping was extra in each case and varied by site (makes sense as each was in a different state).

minimum shipping i could find was $15 this means that i'm getting a $135 case for $95 - or in my case as i've actually already puchased on woot today, $90.

33% discount (if my math is correct.

Winedavid39


quality posts: 200 Private Messages Winedavid39

Guest Blogger

plr4ever wrote:This doesn't really appear to be a deal, bottles of this vintage go for $8-$13 online.



are you factoring in tax (hurry up and enjoy this), shipping ?

it's the best deal out there (always). My thought is it's a very good QPR even at SRP.

sundance1332


quality posts: 0 Private Messages sundance1332

What's going on relative to Virginia lately? I've bought several nice wines through this site in the past, but lately it seems like winewoot isn't shipping any of the ones I want to VA. Anyone else notice this?

emmabean2000


quality posts: 6 Private Messages emmabean2000
Winedavid39 wrote:are you factoring in tax (hurry up and enjoy this), shipping ?

it's the best deal out there (always). My thought is it's a very good QPR even at SRP.



What is the reference to tax???? Something new looming?

North316


quality posts: 107 Private Messages North316
sundance1332 wrote:What's going on relative to Virginia lately? I've bought several nice wines through this site in the past, but lately it seems like winewoot isn't shipping any of the ones I want to VA. Anyone else notice this?



Read About Virginia

My CT
"Trust your homies on the net", Clark Smith.
R.I.P. Inkycatz - Feb. 2013

rpstrong


quality posts: 4 Private Messages rpstrong

Folks, don't miss the Vintner's Voicemail for this one. Ondine's description pushed me over the edge; in for one.

Winedavid39


quality posts: 200 Private Messages Winedavid39

Guest Blogger

rpstrong wrote:Folks, don't miss the Vintner's Voicemail for this one. Ondine's description pushed me over the edge; in for one.



thanks for the reminder. yes, very good.

RRichmo


quality posts: 2 Private Messages RRichmo
stars67 wrote:KINKS!!!!!!!



Kinks!!!

The keys


quality posts: 0 Private Messages The keys

2010 Not rated very high, online wine.com selling at 11.99 (btle price) and out in LA price is $7.99. So buy if you like to overpay for not-so-good Chard. Go to Costco if you want a better price.

Captain Bob

jeephippy


quality posts: 0 Private Messages jeephippy

I however, am looking for a "butter bomb", can anyone add insight to these questions? Thanks!

Edit: Answered my own question, see here; http://www.cellartracker.com/wine.asp?iWine=1135513

"Very good. Light golden color. Crisp and refreshing. Citrus finish." 85 points.

"Very good. Straw color. Apples, vanilla, minerals on the nose. Lemons with a bit of vanilla flavor. Lacks the butter I like and is a little "bitey.". But still decent and refreshing" 85 points.

"Very good value chardonnay. Light oak, moderately creamy, good tropical fruits, and balanced acidity for your meals. Still quite good on day 2" 88 points.

losthighwayz wrote:Case production?
Description makes it sound crisp....just how I like chards but then refers to wood so I assume it is not stainless steel or unoaked. Is it a butter bomb then? Not my cup of tea if it is. Finally, does the RS seem a bit high for a chard?

Thanks!


kylemittskus


quality posts: 229 Private Messages kylemittskus
The keys wrote:2010 Not rated very high, online wine.com selling at 11.99 (btle price) and out in LA price is $7.99. So buy if you like to overpay for not-so-good Chard. Go to Costco if you want a better price.



What do you mean, not rated very highly?

As for wine.com, SHIPPING. And Costco, factor in tax, gas, and time. Not a better deal.

"If drinking is bitter, change yourself to wine." -Rainer Maria Rilke

"Champagne is a very kind and friendly thing on a rainy night." -Isak Dinesen

Cyradia


quality posts: 29 Private Messages Cyradia

I've picked up Geyser Peak Chard at my local wine store's "super blow out pricing" events (i.e., a distributor wanted to clear out their dribbles and drabs of inventory). Now, I cannot swear that what I've picked up locally before is a match for the vintage these are or the same vineyard source. Just that I've bought a lot of Geyser Peak Chards this way. When you taste a $4 bottle of wine (which is what I paid), you're not really taking copious notes...

So, my impression of these are very simple and very easy to drink. I sometimes appreciate an oaked chard (if it's done well) and like my chards a little heavier. My S.O. likes very crisp whites and prefers sauvignon blancs. We thought this was a good compromise. It's unremarkable and very easy to drink. Based on the taste, I'd guess it was only steel - no wood. If you poured it for me blind and asked me to tell you which grape it was, I'd be at a loss to guess between any of the standard "grocery store" whites...it's that mild.

At $6 or less a bottle, I'd buy without any hesitation and feel like I'm being a very responsible miser every time I reach for one. At the $8-$10 range though, there are some standard grocery store whites I find more interesting and I tend to buy a mixed case of those when they run 20% off specials.

So, WD's point on taxes and shipping and stuff is well taken...but for me, this isn't the quality of wine I pay to have shipped to me. That said, if you take the plunge, I don't think you'll be overly disappointed...it's very unoffensive juice.


geyserpeakwinery


quality posts: 11 Private Messages geyserpeakwinery

Hey there, Tanya from Geyser Peak Winery here. Glad to see so many of you like this offering. It's a GREAT value for an easy-drinking Chard.
For the question regarding Malolactic- it's not a heavily oaked wine. Nice creaminess, round on the mid palate and the citrus notes really come through. Sipping it as we speak for a refresher (seriously). Oh the things we do for the job!

geyserpeakwinery


quality posts: 11 Private Messages geyserpeakwinery
nfurlong wrote:I've got a couple of questions. I understand the Alexander Valley is part of Sonoma County, but I've seen both appellations on bottles of Geyser Peak. Perhaps the AV sells for $20, but I know you can get the Sonoma County for about $8, which is roughly what Woot is selling it for here. Can anyone tell me whether a) the two are different, b) if so whether this is the AV chard (the pic shows SC but Woot pics are sometimes wrong) and c) how was is made differently than the SC chard? Thanks.



Great question! The SoCo Chard is more lively in citrus notes - the AV broader and creamier. The fruit for So Co Chard is sourced from Russian River, Mendocino, and Carneros regions so definitely a cooler-climate flavor profile. More pronounced acidity as well.
Keep the questions coming!

losthighwayz


quality posts: 59 Private Messages losthighwayz
geyserpeakwinery wrote:Great question! The SoCo Chard is more lively in citrus notes - the AV broader and creamier. The fruit for So Co Chard is sourced from Russian River, Mendocino, and Carneros regions so definitely a cooler-climate flavor profile. More pronounced acidity as well.
Keep the questions coming!



I am a BIG fan of your Block bottlings...maybe a future offer??? Love the tasting room as well. Nice to see you on WW!

"The older I get the better I was"

TheEndless


quality posts: 14 Private Messages TheEndless

What are the chances this would get here before the 18th? I'm headed out of the country for a few weeks, so I'd hate to miss the shipment! If it's as unlikely as I imagine it is, I'll have to pass this time around..

TheEndless

TronGMZ


quality posts: 3 Private Messages TronGMZ

It is $95 a case for the 2010 Vintage at my local store. Not sure how 2009 compares to 2010. I think I will pass.
http://www.specsonline.com/cgi-bin/showpage?keyword=Geyser+Peak&pageid=search

geyserpeakwinery


quality posts: 11 Private Messages geyserpeakwinery
losthighwayz wrote:I am a BIG fan of your Block bottlings...maybe a future offer??? Love the tasting room as well. Nice to see you on WW!



Great suggestion about the Block Collection for future WW offerings. We'll look into it. Thanks for supporting Geyser Peak!

jjccrv


quality posts: 1 Private Messages jjccrv

9.99 a bottle at binny's in illinois......plus all the wonderful taxes in cook county (crook) county

meanjoeira


quality posts: 4 Private Messages meanjoeira

This is the kind of deal I like to separate into two categories.

Independent of other locations, this is a great deal from a very good producer. I haven't tried this one in particular, but Geyser Peak makes excellent value priced wines that are often better than some offered at 2-3 times the cost.

However, it's a bit disingenuous to use the list price as the base for savings. With 2010s already in the market, the 2009s are pretty easy to find at the same price. The big gem here is the great woot shipping prices. Other sites charge upwards of $30.00 for ground shipping on cases.

rpmosby


quality posts: 2 Private Messages rpmosby
irenegade wrote:Here you go!

http://www.wine-searcher.com/find/geyser+peak



Thanks, this is good to know about.