stillmanbrown

quality posts: 141 Private Messages stillmanbrown
wmaincmt wrote:I would if I wasn't still waiting for wine I ordered a week ago to ship. I am the wine gifter!

I suspect that the winery doesn't always deliver the wine to the shipping hub immediately. Nothing else is really slower this time of year . . .

stillmanbrown

Alright, I'm going to go make coffee, back in 15 or so. Enological and party questions welcome, but I'll try to answer almost anything.

jmdavidson

quality posts: 57 Private Messages jmdavidson

+1:
Last Wooter to Woot:jmdavidson

Last Purchase:a few seconds ago

Figured I better buy now before is sells out.

schaeferr

quality posts: 7 Private Messages schaeferr

I am distraught: this stuff looks like great fun, but I'll be out of town for the entire week after Christmas, rendering Hold @ Fed Ex Location a non-option.

Gman1962

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Gman1962

Opened this for a buddies birthday on Monday. He can't handle my typical big reds or anything very tannic. 3 of us raised a glass and congratulated him on making another year and started commenting on the wine. My wife, who is a white drinker, found it to be very approachable and commented several times how much she liked it. My buddy also enjoyed it as it was a departure from his typical chardonnay. I found it to be medium bodied, flavors of strawberry and a very easy drinker. Another flavor that struck me was a watermelon jolly rancher, not sweet though. In fact this is a very dry wine which appealed to my wife and buddy. I was also reminded of beaujolais nouveau as I had an opportunity on a business trip to Europe a couple of years ago to participate in the release. We didn't quite finish the bottle so I had the last half glass last night with potato pancakes and it was still very enjoyable. I'm a big Stillman fan so I had an expectation of having something good and I wasn't disappointed. I still get a kick out this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UtHsBPM7iKo

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 565 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

schaeferr wrote:I am distraught: this stuff looks like great fun, but I'll be out of town for the entire week after Christmas, rendering Hold @ Fed Ex Location a non-option.

You need friends. Ship it to one of them.

FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

schaeferr

ThunderThighs wrote:You need friends. Ship it to one of them.

You've never met my friends! I would never trust them to return my wine to me in one piece!

stillmanbrown

Gman1962 wrote:Opened this for a buddies birthday on Monday. He can't handle my typical big reds or anything very tannic. 3 of us raised a glass and congratulated him on making another year and started commenting on the wine. My wife, who is a white drinker, found it to be very approachable and commented several times how much she liked it. My buddy also enjoyed it as it was a departure from his typical chardonnay. I found it to be medium bodied, flavors of strawberry and a very easy drinker. Another flavor that struck me was a watermelon jolly rancher, not sweet though. In fact this is a very dry wine which appealed to my wife and buddy. I was also reminded of beaujolais nouveau as I had an opportunity on a business trip to Europe a couple of years ago to participate in the release. We didn't quite finish the bottle so I had the last half glass last night with potato pancakes and it was still very enjoyable. I'm a big Stillman fan so I had an expectation of having something good and I wasn't disappointed. I still get a kick out this:

No Bacon in the Pink, but you can always add some!

PetiteSirah

quality posts: 79 Private Messages PetiteSirah

In for 2. Stillman = Auto-Buy.

AND HE BETTER SHOW UP TO D&D THIS YEAR

Hail the victor, the king without flaw
Salute your new master ... Petite Sirah!

"Who has two thumbs and loves Petite Sirah?" ThisGuy!

stillmanbrown

PetiteSirah wrote:In for 2. Stillman = Auto-Buy.

AND HE BETTER SHOW UP TO D&D THIS YEAR

What am I going to do, pour my Drinking Window 2018-2026 Petite Sirah in the parking lot?!?

guzmantis

quality posts: 5 Private Messages guzmantis

Enjoyed the last Pink Zeppelin very much, and so did my friends who are lucky enough to know me. Unfortunately I only had three bottles of the last 2011 so it went rather quick. In for half a case this time, without question.

amyv1066

quality posts: 1 Private Messages amyv1066

Hard to believe that I can have something delivered to me in Maryland that someone in Virginia can't! It used to be completely the other way around. However, for any northern Virginians out there, I would be happy to either split an order or have an order delivered to my house in Kensington.

slm9951

quality posts: 14 Private Messages slm9951
amyv1066 wrote:Hard to believe that I can have something delivered to me in Maryland that someone in Virginia can't! It used to be completely the other way around. However, for any northern Virginians out there, I would be happy to either split an order or have an order delivered to my house in Kensington.

Geez, are you nice and I wish I lived near you as I would jump all over your offer!

losthighwayz

quality posts: 59 Private Messages losthighwayz
Gman1962 wrote:Opened this for a buddies birthday on Monday. He can't handle my typical big reds or anything very tannic. 3 of us raised a glass and congratulated him on making another year and started commenting on the wine. My wife, who is a white drinker, found it to be very approachable and commented several times how much she liked it. My buddy also enjoyed it as it was a departure from his typical chardonnay. I found it to be medium bodied, flavors of strawberry and a very easy drinker. Another flavor that struck me was a watermelon jolly rancher, not sweet though. In fact this is a very dry wine which appealed to my wife and buddy. I was also reminded of beaujolais nouveau as I had an opportunity on a business trip to Europe a couple of years ago to participate in the release. We didn't quite finish the bottle so I had the last half glass last night with potato pancakes and it was still very enjoyable. I'm a big Stillman fan so I had an expectation of having something good and I wasn't disappointed. I still get a kick out this:

Thanks for the notes. This sounds like the rose's wiofe and I enjopy. Howeever, $15 is my cut off point for rose...if this was $5 cheaper I would've steruggling to stay away form tthe yellow 'tangle...

"The older I get the better I was"

Winedavid39

quality posts: 200 Private Messages Winedavid39

Guest Blogger

wmaincmt wrote:We are officially past the Christmas order deadline. Per the response I received from woot customer service quoting the FAQs it could take 2-3 weeks to receive an order. Three weeks from today is the 26th so if you are getting gifts you may want to order elsewhere.

******* ARRIVES PLENTY OF TIME FOR CHRISTMAS *****

Winedavid39

quality posts: 200 Private Messages Winedavid39

Guest Blogger

PLEASE NOTE: any packages being offered this week and next for that matter, will arrive prior to Christmas.

stillmanbrown

Winedavid39 wrote:PLEASE NOTE: any packages being offered this week and next for that matter, will arrive prior to Christmas.

That's what I thought - that post was probably from a competitor!
I, for one, will have the Pink Zeppelin at the shipping warehouse tomorrow or Friday - trucker's already notified. Thanks!

schaeferr

stillmanbrown wrote:That's what I thought - that post was probably from a competitor!
I, for one, will have the Pink Zeppelin at the shipping warehouse tomorrow or Friday - trucker's already notified. Thanks!

Jeez, you're the bomb.

stillmanbrown

schaeferr wrote:Jeez, you're the bomb.

Fruit Bomb, I was in that movie. Now only on Betamax. NOT for the kiddies.

stillmanbrown

stillmanbrown wrote:Fruit Bomb, I was in that movie. Now only on Betamax. NOT for the kiddies.

Well, not really. But it sounds so horrid I can't help it.

schaeferr

stillmanbrown wrote:Fruit Bomb, I was in that movie. Now only on Betamax. NOT for the kiddies.

That was obviously what I was referring to. ;-)

stillmanbrown

I've got to play Elder Abuse Taxi Driver for a couple of hours, and as it's a real PITA to post on a phone that's smarter than I am, I will be unable to instantly reply to your questions, or crush and ferment any enotrollage. I will, however, have a Hangar One martini lunch (Meyer lemon and Kaffir lime, 50% each) which might make me a real witling when I get back.
Oh, and buy my swill anyway, if you like dry pink wine.

stillmanbrown

schaeferr wrote:That was obviously what I was referring to. ;-)

"All women off the set, NOW."

inkycatz

quality posts: 105 Private Messages inkycatz
Winedavid39 wrote:PLEASE NOTE: any packages being offered this week and next for that matter, will arrive prior to Christmas.

Thanks a bunch! We'll be sure to keep that info handy.

I'm just hanging out, really.

chipgreen

quality posts: 187 Private Messages chipgreen
stillmanbrown wrote:Alright, I'm going to go make coffee, back in 15 or so. Enological and party questions welcome, but I'll try to answer almost anything.

OK, why did you change your woot avatar?

stillmanbrown

chipgreen wrote:OK, why did you change your woot avatar?

I didn't . . . must have been Corporate.

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 565 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

I'm in. Christmas Present to myself.

Stillman, you can choose from 5 avatars in Your Account (top right). Or upload one to Gravatar (like your logo) and use that. PM if you want help.

FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

stillmanbrown

ThunderThighs wrote:I'm in. Christmas Present to myself.

Stillman, you can choose from 5 avatars in Your Account (top right). Or upload one to Gravatar (like your logo) and use that. PM if you want help.

I like yours! But truthfully, I never noticed. Now if Plankton, from Spongebob, was available, I'd switch.

chipgreen

stillmanbrown wrote:I didn't . . . must have been Corporate.

Don't let "the man" get you down!

North316

quality posts: 107 Private Messages North316
stillmanbrown wrote:I like yours! But truthfully, I never noticed. Now if Plankton, from Spongebob, was available, I'd switch.

You should use the AOL Online logo. Living large with the @ aol dot com.

My CT
"Trust your homies on the net", Clark Smith.
R.I.P. Inkycatz - Feb. 2013

cynthylee

quality posts: 9 Private Messages cynthylee

I watched all day and said if it's not sold out by now, that means I have to have some. So I'm adding to my Zepplin collection. Always love Stillman's participation and comments. Looking forward to this one. Can't wait to see what other goodies WD has up his sleeve in the coming days!
Cheers!
Last Wooter to Woot:cynthylee

amilham

quality posts: 2 Private Messages amilham

Stillman was nice enough to send me a bottle of this rosé and I got a chance to open it over the weekend. I'm normally not much of a rosé drinker (I'm much more into the bigger reds) but I actually really liked the Pink Zeppelin. This is one rosé that has something to it. I get hints of citrus and a smooth mouth feel.

stillmanbrown

Thanks all! Advance reviews are always useful, otherwise you have to go by hype. Yes, I said "Cranberry Chardonnay" and I meant it!

chipgreen

stillmanbrown wrote:Thanks all! Advance reviews are always useful, otherwise you have to go by hype. Yes, I said "Cranberry Chardonnay" and I meant it!

I was definitely persuaded by the (p)reviews when making my purchase last night.

Thanks for the wine and conversation, Swilly!

stillmanbrown

chipgreen wrote:I was definitely persuaded by the (p)reviews when making my purchase last night.

Thanks for the wine and conversation, Swilly!

Well, thank you!
Hope to see you at "Elvis's Pharmacy" May 17-19. It can't be an official WW event for a number of reasons . . . liability is not the least. If you're not on my email list, blow me up at StillmanB@aol.com thankyouverymush!