Pink Zeppelin 2012 Dry Pink Wine, Paso Robles 3-Pack
$49.99 (Normally $91.50) 45% off List Price
2012 Pink Zeppelin, Dry Pink Wine, Paso Robles
CT link above

Winery website

-il Cesare
Sole Absolute Triple
Exalted High Tastemaster Supreme
“In the entire world there are only a few sounds that bring joy to all but the most jaded. One is the murmur of a kitten purring. Another is the thwack of a well-pitched baseball hitting a perfectly swung bat. And the third is the pop of a cork being pulled from a bottle of wine.” —George Taber

stillmanbrown

quality posts: 141 Private Messages stillmanbrown

Well, here I am. There's a short history of my pink wine production at stillmanbrown.com - the first post. The posts below it have irrelevant pictures, though one's really cute.

stillmanbrown

Thanks, Dumpling.

sdfreedive

quality posts: 27 Private Messages sdfreedive

Ok Stillman I'm buying the pink because I want to be reminded of summer. But what I'd really love is some more of that Merlot you did.

stillmanbrown

sdfreedive wrote:Ok Stillman I'm buying the pink because I want to be reminded of summer. But what I'd really love is some more of that Merlot you did.

Yeah, the next time we get a spring freeze and a cool dry year. So it could be another decade, at least from that vineyard!

jmdavidson

quality posts: 58 Private Messages jmdavidson

What's the drinking window on this?

chipgreen

quality posts: 202 Private Messages chipgreen

...and the hits just keep on coming!

stillmanbrown

jmdavidson wrote:What's the drinking window on this?

I'm guessing a year, to be honest. The one time I made a high alcohol pink it flattened in six months - earlier versions of this wine lasted two to three years but I'm not sure that they were as good as the first year. I've got the winemaker palate syndrome though, sometimes I prefer pre-bottled wines?!?

stillmanbrown

Obviously this style - bottled young and only 12 pct alcohol, is going to last longer even given the same acid level.

jmdavidson

What impact does the cinsault have on the flavor?

stillmanbrown

Looks like my next party, "Elvis's Pharmacy" will be the same weekend as the Paso Robles Wine Festival, btw. So if you're going to pick a time to come to the Central Coast, May 17-19 isn't a bad choice.

stillmanbrown

jmdavidson wrote:What impact does the cinsault have on the flavor?

That's a tough one to answer because it was picked and fermented with the Grenache. I've never made it as a solo pink.
The Mourvedre was the real surprise this year, much darker with strong cranberry fruit.

simplydumpling

quality posts: 3 Private Messages simplydumpling

First and foremost, you should buy this wine. It's delicious. And it's Stillman's.

Bright ruby color (think alcoholic cranberry juice that doesn't taste too much like cranberry). The woot description is spot-on. It's a very fruit driven wine and largely raspberry on nose and mouth. I also tasted citrus- grapefruit in particular. The alcohol wasn't noticeable (as expected). It was also as delicious on pnp as it was on the second day with not much change.
Lastly, buy this wine; you don't want to miss out.

jmdavidson

I've had the Tallulah Les Trois Voix, which consists of •Mourvedre 35%
•Syrah 34%
•Grenache 31%
That wine is pretty dark with deep fruit flavors. Your wine is: 42% Syrah
37% Mourvedre
12% Grenache
9% Cinsault, yet it looks like a rose. How is is that two wines of similar compositions look so different and would you expect them to taste totally different? Sorry for all of the questions. I'm just trying to decide how many bottles to get.

cortot20

quality posts: 158 Private Messages cortot20

All the cool stuff gets put up when I am all full on wine. Oh wait that's always. I guess I'll have to drink faster. This honestly sounds delicious and I am really kicking myself for not buying this moment. With the ultra low case production this has a good chance of selling out.

CT

stillmanbrown

jmdavidson wrote:I've had the Tallulah Les Trois Voix, which consists of •Mourvedre 35%
•Syrah 34%
•Grenache 31%
That wine is pretty dark with deep fruit flavors. Your wine is: 42% Syrah
37% Mourvedre
12% Grenache
9% Cinsault, yet it looks like a rose. How is is that two wines of similar compositions look so different and would you expect them to taste totally different?

Very hard to say - the look is just skin contact time, but the growing conditions can be so different I would hesitate to guess. Where's it from?

HeartbreakRidge

quality posts: 7 Private Messages HeartbreakRidge
stillmanbrown wrote:I'm guessing a year, to be honest. The one time I made a high alcohol pink it flattened in six months - earlier versions of this wine lasted two to three years but I'm not sure that they were as good as the first year. I've got the winemaker palate syndrome though, sometimes I prefer pre-bottled wines?!?

While you're offering information, how about best food pairings for this one?

By the way, thanks for that special semi-Woot Riesling offer a while back - The Wife liked it quite a bit.

chipgreen

quality posts: 202 Private Messages chipgreen
stillmanbrown wrote:Very hard to say - the look is just skin contact time, but the growing conditions can be so different I would hesitate to guess. Where's it from?

Shake Ridge vineyard, Amador Cty

loreelu

quality posts: 4 Private Messages loreelu

I was a fan of the chateau de abalone that was offered a while back. I hope that is a good enough reason to try this.

Speed to first woot: 0m 29.443s
First sucker:simplydumpling
Last wooter to woot:loreelu
Last purchase:3 minutes ago

jmdavidson

stillmanbrown wrote:Very hard to say - the look is just skin contact time, but the growing conditions can be so different I would hesitate to guess. Where's it from?

Tallulah Wines 1043 Vallejo Street : Napa, CA 94559 but the vineyard is Shake Ridge near Sutter Creek, in the Sierra Foothills.

stillmanbrown

HeartbreakRidge wrote:While you're offering information, how about best food pairings for this one?

By the way, thanks for that special semi-Woot Riesling offer a while back - The Wife liked it quite a bit.

In the turkey-pork range - I don't call it Cranberry Chardonnay for nothing!

stillmanbrown

[quote postid="5265498" user="loreelu"]I was a fan of the chateau de abalone that was offered a while back. I hope that is a good enough reason to try this.

The Grenache Blanc or the Verdejo? The latter was offered on the Monday that Sandy hit the NE so a lot of people missed it.

michaelvella

quality posts: 12 Private Messages michaelvella
stillmanbrown wrote:[quote postid="5265498" user="loreelu"]I was a fan of the chateau de abalone that was offered a while back. I hope that is a good enough reason to try this.

The Grenache Blanc or the Verdejo? The latter was offered on the Monday that Sandy hit the NE so a lot of people missed it.

Cracked bottle two of three of the Verdejo tonite. Stuff is fabulous. As was the last abalone. I'll get these as well, looking forward to it.

tytiger58

quality posts: 74 Private Messages tytiger58

Pink Zeppelin

Somehow in my recent travels I stumbled across a bottle of this Pink Zep. This wine is damn good in fact so good I almost drank the whole bottle..anyway here are my drunken ramblings...

The nose on this wine is pretty incredible smells like cranberries and a whole lot of strawberries. Taste is strawberry and a lot of tart raspberry and I get a hint of cherry, it is not heavy but the mouthfeel bigger than most Rose wines, silky and creamy (not in a bad way) but with a laser focus of mouthwatering acidity for a long dry finish.

This will pair well with a whole range of food. This bottle really gets better as it warms, don't serve to cold. It is outstanding at a little above cellar temp.

This is a pretty interesting wine! and what's with the color Stillman? it's not pink and it's not purple seems to be something in between

Really should not be missed if you can afford it!

What contemptible scoundrel stole the cork from my lunch? ~ W. C. Fields

“Freedom is something that dies unless it's used” Hunter S Thompson

stillmanbrown

tytiger58 wrote:Pink Zeppelin

Somehow in my recent travels I stumbled across a bottle of this Pink Zep. This wine is damn good in fact so good I almost drank the whole bottle..anyway here are my drunken ramblings...

The nose on this wine is pretty incredible smells like cranberries and a whole lot of strawberries. Taste is strawberry and a lot of tart raspberry and I get a hint of cherry, it is not heavy but the mouthfeel bigger than most Rose wines, silky and creamy (not in a bad way) but with a laser focus of mouthwatering acidity for a long dry finish.

This will pair well with a whole range of food. This bottle really gets better as it warms, don't serve to cold. It is outstanding at a little above cellar temp.

This is a pretty interesting wine! and what's with the color Stillman? it's not pink and it's not purple seems to be something in between

Really should not be missed if you can afford it!

Thanks! As for the color, beats me. The Mourvedre was unusually dark. NO additives, I swear. Not even tenturier, this time!

tytiger58

quality posts: 74 Private Messages tytiger58
stillmanbrown wrote:Thanks! As for the color, beats me. The Mourvedre was unusually dark. NO additives, I swear. Not even tenturier, this time!

Heh..looking at the color in the glass I thought I was having some kind of flashback and nice string of wines you have been putting out lately! Abalone/Verdejo and that delicious Merlot and now this!

What contemptible scoundrel stole the cork from my lunch? ~ W. C. Fields

“Freedom is something that dies unless it's used” Hunter S Thompson

stillmanbrown

The Vintner's Voicemail is even odder than usual, wine set to music for people who might not know the difference between White Zin and Pink Zep.

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 604 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

stillmanbrown wrote:The Vintner's Voicemail is even odder than usual, wine set to music for people who might not know the difference between White Zin and Pink Zep.

Hi Stillman! Thanks for staying up with us again. Always fun to have you here.

FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except orders with Woot-Off or expedited items

stillmanbrown

ThunderThighs wrote:Hi Stillman! Thanks for staying up with us again. Always fun to have you here.

Thanks for hosting! Thinking of having a smoke and a cough, then getting a few hours sleep before the Easterners caffeinate and start the interrogation all over again. Set alarm for 420 PST?

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 604 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

stillmanbrown wrote:Thanks for hosting! Thinking of having a smoke and a cough, then getting a few hours sleep before the Easterners caffeinate and start the interrogation all over again. Set alarm for 420 PST?

Sounds like a plan. I'll be here all night. Just woke up.

FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except orders with Woot-Off or expedited items

kevin0425

quality posts: 1 Private Messages kevin0425

Damnit Stillman you've pulled money out of my wallet again! And I was being good so far this holiday season... I know I'm not going to regret though; I opened up some of the Black Zeppelin I last ordered and it was PHENOMENAL. I'm a believer!

hasopt

quality posts: 3 Private Messages hasopt

Why no shipping to Virginia this time? I've been able to receive all other Zeppelin wines in the past.

slm9951

quality posts: 14 Private Messages slm9951
hasopt wrote:Why no shipping to Virginia this time? I've been able to receive all other Zeppelin wines in the past.

Check the thread on world of woot wine about no more shipping to VA. I love dry rose and I would have bought this, but I live in Va too. I have also bought Mr. Brown's wine before but that does not matter now.

[MOD: Link to the Virginia thread]

stillmanbrown

slm9951 wrote:Check the thread on world of woot wine about no more shipping to VA. I love dry rose and I would have bought this, but I live in Va too. I have also bought Mr. Brown's wine before but that does not matter now.

I've been able to get packages into VA and MA but I'm a little stealthier, or something. But usually I'm shipping a case of 12.

stillmanbrown

kevin0425 wrote:Damnit Stillman you've pulled money out of my wallet again! And I was being good so far this holiday season... I know I'm not going to regret though; I opened up some of the Black Zeppelin I last ordered and it was PHENOMENAL. I'm a believer!

Thanks! This pink wine is actually just some Black Zeppelin I irradiated with . . . oh wait, that's not even remotely plausible. Never mind!

wmaincmt

quality posts: 1 Private Messages wmaincmt

We are officially past the Christmas order deadline. Per the response I received from woot customer service quoting the FAQs it could take 2-3 weeks to receive an order. Three weeks from today is the 26th so if you are getting gifts you may want to order elsewhere.

[MOD: Per WD - ******* ARRIVES PLENTY OF TIME FOR CHRISTMAS *****]

It's like whoa!

cvinroot

quality posts: 0 Private Messages cvinroot

Us VA wooters would Woot here but we can't receive shipments. Look at the map! VA IS NEITHER RED OR BLUE BUT WHITE! That's not a racist comment btw but a WOOTIST one..

stillmanbrown

robmaeder wrote:This seems right, given my experience.

Nobody gives my wine as gifts unless they develop a sudden allergy, or unworthy religious conversion.

wmaincmt

quality posts: 1 Private Messages wmaincmt
stillmanbrown wrote:Nobody gives my wine as gifts unless they develop a sudden allergy, or unworthy religious conversion.

I would if I wasn't still waiting for wine I ordered a week ago to ship. I am the wine gifter!

It's like whoa!