North316

quality posts: 107 Private Messages North316
tonycyndy wrote:I really like a few of these...the others are okay, but not repeat performers in my book. I, too, would've loved a "mix 'n match" opportunity to build a case or half-case of what I'd like to restock. Unfortunately, the pairings, groupings, etc are not what I'd like to see, and a "mystery" purchase doesn't appeal to me at all. The only singles available, Quaffmor and Adequate Gift, are okay, but I've still got a case of Quaffmor in the cellar and I was never too fond of Adequate Gift.

Something for Woot to consider...maybe a mix 'n match offer every now and then.

"In general" mix-n-match is not an option unless they are offerings from the same winery. These items are being sold by the winery, shipped by the winery, etc; they are just being marketed through Woot/WCC. Most of the combo packs here are from the same winery (Three Wine Company). with that being said, I'm not sure how Woot gets away with offering the case pack with the mystery wine, since most of that is Three Wine Company, but some was Cameron Hughes and no one knows what the mystery wine will be. Obviously the Woot Cellars wines may be different debating on whether Woot owns the wines or if the producers own the wines.

My CT
"Trust your homies on the net", Clark Smith.
R.I.P. Inkycatz - Feb. 2013

berkberk

quality posts: 0 Private Messages berkberk

Can anyone help me with a gift purchase for family? I've had the tri being offered and loved it. Last year I did a mixed case from like wine.com just based on reviews... wondered if the 12 pack with the mystery wine would be good or if I'd be safer getting 2 of the tri/pour me sets for a case of 12 or some other combo with the f Bomb? They all enjoy reds and whites.

One of their go to wines is La Crema Pinot Noir and Chardonnay.... Thanks

mproulx49

quality posts: 1 Private Messages mproulx49
berkberk wrote:Can anyone help me with a gift purchase for family? I've had the tri being offered and loved it. Last year I did a mixed case from like wine.com just based on reviews... wondered if the 12 pack with the mystery wine would be good or if I'd be safer getting 2 of the tri/pour me sets for a case of 12 or some other combo with the f Bomb? They all enjoy reds and whites.

One of their go to wines is La Crema Pinot Noir and Chardonnay.... Thanks

If it were me, I would buy two of the six mixed packs and keep the F- bombs for myself and maybe a tri/ pour me, and give family some of the rest. You definitely want to keep the F bomb. Seriously.

threemoons

quality posts: 18 Private Messages threemoons

I also LOVE the Vino de Finito and the Boss Monster. Monkey Prize was good too. Very tempted by this deal.

KCFly

quality posts: 1 Private Messages KCFly

Well, I picked up this case for two reasons.

1. My celler is getting mighty thin these days. I just haven't purchased nearly as much wine here since they switched to a daily selection.

2. Due to my lack of purchases I've never had any of these selections and am looking forward to trying them all.

I am also noticing the price point shift over the past year. I am finding more and more deals locally (from a value perspective) rather than purchasing on line. Used to be just the opposite.

cgdormin

quality posts: 1 Private Messages cgdormin

I wish they would offer just the Triacipedis III again, I'd be in for that!

doomedinblue

quality posts: 0 Private Messages doomedinblue

If anyone in central FL is buying and wants to split the order I'm interested in getting some Fbomb

keithnowak7

quality posts: 11 Private Messages keithnowak7

For what it is worth, my favorite woot wine was Humbug, a few years after it sat in my basement. I generally like Kunde. I had kind of forgotten about the L&L Sangiovese based one... what was it called again? I just saw it in the comments, but now the name escapes me. Perhaps a marketing flaw?

Anyway, D'ontspille is AWESOME. Best bang-for-the-buck woot I ever purchased. However, now that it isn't about QPR, I don't think I can recommend it strongly. I was fortunate enough to have a friend who hoarded some D'ontspille that I just got 3 more bottles from at essentially the woot price. (That's what friends are for, right?) I served two bottles at thanksgiving and they were incredibly well received. I would say that $25 probably isn't an unfair price. You could do better, sure, but randomly? Probably would end up worse. Of course people here do research and don't randomly go to the store and grab a bottle, but after hearing the reception of the pinot not a month ago, the price increase seems kind of expected. There cannot be much left.

lurkey

quality posts: 0 Private Messages lurkey

Is the Quaffmor a good introduction to SB?

hearkencreative

quality posts: 0 Private Messages hearkencreative

Not to be redundant, but I will echo the already stated sentiments, namely, that 1) I want another case of F-Bomb, and 2) a mix-n-match would be pretty cool. I'm gonna have to think long and hard before buying the 6-pack for just one bottle of F-Bomb...

berkberk

hearkencreative wrote:Not to be redundant, but I will echo the already stated sentiments, namely, that 1) I want another case of F-Bomb, and 2) a mix-n-match would be pretty cool. I'm gonna have to think long and hard before buying the 6-pack for just one bottle of F-Bomb...

The tri's are really yummy (just finished a case of 5 from this summer). Any feedback on the Adequate or Pour Pour Me? Still between 2 of the 6 pack with F Bomb or the 12 with the mystery wine (if I just knew the secret of the mystery wine!)

cortot20

quality posts: 137 Private Messages cortot20
lurkey wrote:Is the Quaffmor a good introduction to SB?

yes. its very atypical of a well made cali SB.

CT

schaeferr

quality posts: 6 Private Messages schaeferr
cortot20 wrote:yes. its very atypical of a well made cali SB.

Ha! Well played.

berkberk

Pulled the trigger on the 6 pack with the F Bomb based on recommendations... I LOVED the Tri, and hope the reds are just as good!

hearkencreative

quality posts: 0 Private Messages hearkencreative
berkberk wrote:Pulled the trigger on the 6 pack with the F Bomb based on recommendations... I LOVED the Tri, and hope the reds are just as good!

Yep, me too. If the Tri is that good, then I just HAVE to have at least one more bottle of F-Bomb. And I can see the wood on the bottom of the pantry, so I must be running low on wine in general, so it's a good time to buy.

theaw

quality posts: 2 Private Messages theaw

i have a ton of travelling for extended periods of time in my very near future. any idea if these will ship to arrive before the 25th? i would love to order a couple of mixed cases, but not if i can't take them with me...

kylemittskus

quality posts: 229 Private Messages kylemittskus
theaw wrote:i have a ton of travelling for extended periods of time in my very near future. any idea if these will ship to arrive before the 25th? i would love to order a couple of mixed cases, but not if i can't take them with me...

All will arrive before Christmas per WD.

"If drinking is bitter, change yourself to wine." -Rainer Maria Rilke

"Champagne is a very kind and friendly thing on a rainy night." -Isak Dinesen

hookhams

quality posts: 4 Private Messages hookhams
kylemittskus wrote:All will arrive before Christmas per WD.

And this is exactly why I cannot stop hitting (buy, buy, buy!)

Apathy0

quality posts: 2 Private Messages Apathy0
berkberk wrote: Any feedback on the Adequate or Pour Pour Me?

haven't opened an adequate gift in awhile -
But the simplistic review of pour pour me is definitely what is says, a total Fruit Bomb.
Not overly sweet but super fruity. Cannot remember if i have paired it with anything -

Also if anyone in CT wants to get together around the holidays and do some "woot holiday wine comparison tasting" I still have :
Adequate Gift
(maybe 1) Emergency Provisions
Twas
Vino del finito
D'OntSpille

todd999430

quality posts: 4 Private Messages todd999430

Still have a half case of the D-spill, some of the adequate gift, and others. The Pour Pour Me sounds interesting (didn't order it the first time around) but the lack of chatter on it makes me pause.

nealkb

quality posts: 13 Private Messages nealkb
todd999430 wrote:Still have a half case of the D-spill, some of the adequate gift, and others. The Pour Pour Me sounds interesting (didn't order it the first time around) but the lack of chatter on it makes me pause.

The Red Pour Pour Me is a fun, fruity Zin. I enjoyed it and I'm more of cab guy.

Neal K Bharadwaj

ticomike

quality posts: 5 Private Messages ticomike

If I were guaranteed a couple reds not offered in any of these packs, I'd grab the case offering. Any way to verify where the mystery bottles are from? (Listed here vs not listed) Don't need to know what they are as much as what they are not.

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 563 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

ticomike wrote:If I were guaranteed a couple reds not offered in any of these packs, I'd grab the case offering. Any way to verify where the mystery bottles are from? (Listed here vs not listed) Don't need to know what they are as much as what they are not.

Uhm, they wouldn't be a mystery then, now would they?

You're probably one of those that hates surprise parties too, aren't you?

FORUM MODERATOR.............ON VACATION!
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

ticomike

quality posts: 5 Private Messages ticomike
ThunderThighs wrote:Uhm, they wouldn't be a mystery then, now would they?

You're probably one of those that hates surprise parties too, aren't you?

I don't hate surprises, just not interested in whites. They just don't get opened at our house and I have plenty to gift without spending $25 on more. The few in this pack is fine, but if whites show up, I'd regret the order.

theaw

quality posts: 2 Private Messages theaw
kylemittskus wrote:All will arrive before Christmas per WD.

welp, i suppose i am in for 2.

all the gifts! for me!!

SkiTrent

quality posts: 0 Private Messages SkiTrent

Does anyone know if I missed the 2012 red holiday woot cellars wine??

Apathy0

quality posts: 2 Private Messages Apathy0
SkiTrent wrote:Does anyone know if I missed the 2012 red holiday woot cellars wine??

that was the Phat Goose a few days ago

SkiTrent

quality posts: 0 Private Messages SkiTrent
Apathy0 wrote:that was the Phat Goose a few days ago

Dang. Thanks!

Winedavid39

quality posts: 200 Private Messages Winedavid39

Guest Blogger

SkiTrent wrote:Dang. Thanks!

keep an eye out.

North316

quality posts: 107 Private Messages North316
Winedavid39 wrote:keep an eye out.

Can you at least wait until we receive our shipments, have a week or two to settle and then have a chance to try them before you offer again? That used to be norm!

My CT
"Trust your homies on the net", Clark Smith.
R.I.P. Inkycatz - Feb. 2013

rugrats2001

quality posts: 14 Private Messages rugrats2001

Now THAT sounds promising...

charliecarroll

quality posts: 105 Private Messages charliecarroll

I have absolutely no temptation to buy anything that is or includes, "mystery bottles" today or at any time. So that is an auto-reject for sure.

princesstwodogss

quality posts: 0 Private Messages princesstwodogss
redwinefan wrote:Is there any consensus out there on what the best ever Woot Cellars wine was? I'm curious as the possibilities of the mystery bottles.

chipgreen

quality posts: 185 Private Messages chipgreen

It would be nice to know what the possibilities are for the mystery bottles, like when shirt.woot does its random sales, they always mention some of the possibe shirts you could get.

Just knowing that there was the possibility of receiving Boss Monster or Monkey Prize or some other well-loved past Woot Cellars wine would probably increase sales of the case offer.

At this point that is an idea probably better suited to a future deal but food for thought, perhaps?

jmdavidson

quality posts: 56 Private Messages jmdavidson

Only one (wine) woot plus offer, this one, going on now. Will there be another woot plus offer appearing soon?

keithnowak7

quality posts: 11 Private Messages keithnowak7
chipgreen wrote:It would be nice to know what the possibilities are for the mystery bottles. . .would probably increase sales of the case offer.

Not for this consumer. They use the mystery bottle like the state uses lottery around poor income gas stations. The last one that was really obvious was the pinot "random chance" 2 pack. (The numbers were something like 800 cases for 2 of the 3 possible ones, and 150 for the other one.)

You know what you are going to get. It isn't going to be the expensive/limited one. Same thing with this case. Sure, like Bags of Cosmos, someone will get a magnum something, and a d'ontspille, but 90% of other people are getting whatever wine didn't sell well. Everyone will get excited that they could get one, like winning the lottery.

Go ahead, you could win ANY woot wine with a case purchase. They may only have one for shipping out of a thousand orders, but bite that bullet! You could win a 150 dollar monkey prize!

edthebedhead

quality posts: 4 Private Messages edthebedhead
Apathy0 wrote:haven't opened an adequate gift in awhile -
But the simplistic review of pour pour me is definitely what is says, a total Fruit Bomb.
Not overly sweet but super fruity. Cannot remember if i have paired it with anything -

Also if anyone in CT wants to get together around the holidays and do some "woot holiday wine comparison tasting" I still have :
Adequate Gift
(maybe 1) Emergency Provisions
Twas
Vino del finito
D'OntSpille

I just moved away from CT - otherwise that'd be great!

edthebedhead

quality posts: 4 Private Messages edthebedhead
North316 wrote:Can you at least wait until we receive our shipments, have a week or two to settle and then have a chance to try them before you offer again? That used to be norm!

Bring it on!

wordek

quality posts: 23 Private Messages wordek

Think I'm gonna break on the case offer - all woot cellars offerings that I wanted to try just a bottle or two of! Fingers crossed on the mystery bottles being more Dontespille...truly an epic woot wine IMO!

QUESTION there for the woot staffers - another year has arrived where I am in my woot bday month but no email with a code to use for my bday coupon - how can I apply this for this order?

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 563 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

wordek wrote:Think I'm gonna break on the case offer - all woot cellars offerings that I wanted to try just a bottle or two of! Fingers crossed on the mystery bottles being more Dontespille...truly an epic woot wine IMO!

QUESTION there for the woot staffers - another year has arrived where I am in my woot bday month but no email with a code to use for my bday coupon - how can I apply this for this order?

With the number of wooters we have these days, that program had to be discontinued. It was too hard to maintain. Sorry.

FORUM MODERATOR.............ON VACATION!
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders