WootBot

quality posts: 14 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

Woot Cellars

Ha-HA! You thought we were so scared to go back down in our cellars after we saw that big spider. But guess what? We took a deep breath, closed our eyes, and sprinted down and back with a handful of bottles! We didn't see the spider, but we assume he's down there, so order now. This could be your very last chance. We don't want to go down there again.

Quality Posts

Cesare

quality posts: 1627 Private Messages Cesare

Woot Cellars

Woot Cellars Mix 6
$69.99
2008 Adequate Gift
2011 Triacipedis the White in the Dominion of the Flower-King
2011 F-Bomb Riesling, Santa Barbara County
2010 Pour Pour Me Fruit Bomber

Woot Cellars Wellington Library D’ONTSPILLE LE BLACK - Vinito del Finito 2-Pack
$49.99
2009 Woot Cellars D’ONTSPILLE LE BLACK
2010 Woot Cellars Vinito del Finito 375ml

Woot Cellars with 2 Randomly-Selected Mystery Bottles 12-Pack
$149.99
2008 Adequate Gift
2010 Quaffmor Sauvignon Blanc
2011 Woot Cellars Phat Goose

Woot Cellars 2008 Adequate Gift 4-Pack with 4 Wine Bags
$49.99
2008 Adequate Gift

Woot Cellars Quaffmor 2010 Sauvignon Blanc 5-Pack
$55.99
2010 Woot Cellars Quaffmor Sauvignon Blanc

Woot Cellars Triacipedis III and Pour Pour Me Fruit Bomber 6-Pack
$79.99

-il Cesare
Sole Absolute Triple
Exalted High Tastemaster Supreme
“In the entire world there are only a few sounds that bring joy to all but the most jaded. One is the murmur of a kitten purring. Another is the thwack of a well-pitched baseball hitting a perfectly swung bat. And the third is the pop of a cork being pulled from a bottle of wine.” —George Taber

inkycatz

quality posts: 105 Private Messages inkycatz

2010 Woot Cellars Vinito del Finito! *swoon*

I'm just hanging out, really.

Apathy0

quality posts: 2 Private Messages Apathy0

damnit -

redwinefan

quality posts: 74 Private Messages redwinefan

Is there any consensus out there on what the best ever Woot Cellars wine was? I'm curious as the possibilities of the mystery bottles.

"You need to invest in a corkscrew. Wine is for drinking." -- Peter Wellington

sdwindansea

quality posts: 4 Private Messages sdwindansea
redwinefan wrote:Is there any consensus out there on what the best ever Woot Cellars wine was? I'm curious as the possibilities of the mystery bottles.

Not sure if there is a consensus but my favorite was the D'ontspille.

vaaccess

quality posts: 17 Private Messages vaaccess
sdwindansea wrote:Not sure if there is a consensus but my favorite was the D'ontspille.

I would agree that D'ontspille is awesome. For me, the first Monkey Prize was tops...

Wine Cooler (Image) currently at 47% of Capacity

My Current Inventory on CellarTracker

kylemittskus

quality posts: 231 Private Messages kylemittskus
vaaccess wrote:I would agree that D'ontspille is awesome. For me, the first Monkey Prize was tops...

I was big on Toothy and Boss Monster.

"If drinking is bitter, change yourself to wine." -Rainer Maria Rilke

"Champagne is a very kind and friendly thing on a rainy night." -Isak Dinesen

funbunny

quality posts: 25 Private Messages funbunny

The Triacipedis line has never failed me. Most of my family and good friends are Riesling drinkers and are impressed by them. Always a hit at any holiday table.

"Wine is sunshine held together by water" - Galileo Galilei

lacotomo

quality posts: 11 Private Messages lacotomo

The Tri's are all great. My wife loves the 'Twas. The Albino Rhino was my personal favorite white, and I love the 'Monster' red wine in the big bottle. I still have the shirt, and one big bottle left.

loveladyelectric

quality posts: 23 Private Messages loveladyelectric

Peter Wellington + Sonoma Coast + 2009 CA Pinot Noir sounds like a combination for greatness. Is it worth $50/bottle? I don't like dessert wines so I'm basically only paying for that.

EDIT: If anyone in SoCal wants to trade their D'ontspille for my Vinito del Finito I'd be down.

stonechiper

quality posts: 3 Private Messages stonechiper
vaaccess wrote:I would agree that D'ontspille is awesome. For me, the first Monkey Prize was tops...

I usually buy Woot cellars wines for gifts, but when I got my order of D'ontspille I gave everyone Bully Hill wines instead that year (and I'm not really much of a wine drinker)

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 569 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

F-Bomb is my favorite. I regret giving away that one bottle now.

In fact, I'm sipping a glass as I type this.

Don't judge me! It's past my bedtime!

FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

SmilingBoognish

quality posts: 47 Private Messages SmilingBoognish

$50 for a bottle of D'Ontspille and Vinito del Finito?

I really enjoyed the Pinot and the lat harvest Zin was fine, but at this price point one can do much better imho.

Flaminghotsauce

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Flaminghotsauce

I'm disappointed that Woot! wines are getting so expensive. I"m still hoarding a half case each of some wines bought for $7/ bottle.

I'm looking for a deal this year, and I haven't found one. Mostly red wine drinkers in my house, although I really liked the Tri's that I had.

cheron98

quality posts: 123 Private Messages cheron98
SmilingBoognish wrote:$50 for a bottle of D'Ontspille and Vinito del Finito?

I really enjoyed the Pinot and the lat harvest Zin was fine, but at this price point one can do much better imho.

I think a LOT of shipping cost is tied up in that price - the smaller the shipping package is going to be for wine, the pricier per bottle it gets. Plus you gotta consider that it's highly likely, with the release of the Phat Goose today, that people have already paid their $5 for the day and are now going to snap up all these other things that have come up.

Shipping has to be paid for SOMEHOW.

I saw HitAnyKey42 on wine.woot! and clicked "I want one!"

SmilingBoognish

quality posts: 47 Private Messages SmilingBoognish

Good point regarding the shipping. If I still lived in the midwest, I would be far more interested in an offer like this. However, living in the bay area with lots and lots of wine options has spoiled me.

mkorona

quality posts: 9 Private Messages mkorona

Big fan of the Vinito del Finito. Still have one bottle left from my 4-pack last year that I keep trying to save. When I saw that there was Woot Cellars Woot!Plus my first thought was "uh oh, looks like I might be buying some late harvest zin...." Fortunately (for my wallet, not my tastebuds) I think I will pass on the mixed two-pack.

This is the wine that truly opened me up to some good dessert wines after being turned off by syrupy ports. This still has a bit of a syrup mouthfeel and is sweet, but I can do two glasses in a night with some good chocolate (or salted chocolate chip oatmeal cookies, mmmm), whereas most dessert wines I am done after just a few sips.

chipgreen

quality posts: 189 Private Messages chipgreen
cheron98 wrote:I think a LOT of shipping cost is tied up in that price - the smaller the shipping package is going to be for wine, the pricier per bottle it gets. Plus you gotta consider that it's highly likely, with the release of the Phat Goose today, that people have already paid their $5 for the day and are now going to snap up all these other things that have come up.

Shipping has to be paid for SOMEHOW.

I think it's that plus the fact that there are so few left of each of these. When we visited Peter on tour he said that he had "a couple cases" of the Don'tspille left.

I'd love to add some more of these to my cellar but at over 2x the original Woot pricing on these wines, I'm going to have to pass. Regretfully.

Winedavid39

quality posts: 202 Private Messages Winedavid39

Guest Blogger

VERY small quantity left of this offer.

fredrinaldi

quality posts: 35 Private Messages fredrinaldi

expected more from this.

chipgreen

Winedavid39 wrote:VERY small quantity left of this offer.

That's what I figured and despite the mental block that prevents me from going in on it based on previous offers, a strong case can be made for these at the current price.

The VdF is every bit as good as the Harvest Moon LH Zinfandel that was sold on wine.woot for $20. So then you have to ask yourself "is a 2009 Wellington PN worth $30?". I think the answer to that question would be "yes", even if the quantity available wasn't so limited that you could count them on your fingers and toes.

I did pick up a bottle of the Don'tspille on tour and am sitting on 5 of the VdF so even though I'm convinced that these are worth every penny, I'm going to leave them for those less fortunate.

elemental00

quality posts: 0 Private Messages elemental00

I could really use another case of f-bomb.. really really

mawy

quality posts: 9 Private Messages mawy

So, you know what would be really awesomely cool? A Pick n Mix! I really want some F-Bomb and some of the reds, but don't need any more Tri as I still have some left from the last time it was up. Any chance of some selective box packing for me?!?

cortot20

quality posts: 145 Private Messages cortot20
mawy wrote:So, you know what would be really awesomely cool? A Pick n Mix! I really want some F-Bomb and some of the reds, but don't need any more Tri as I still have some left from the last time it was up. Any chance of some selective box packing for me?!?

Yeah, they managed to package these in such a way that I wont be ordering any. Oh well I guess I'll keep my money.

CT

fredrinaldi

quality posts: 35 Private Messages fredrinaldi
cortot20 wrote:Yeah, they managed to package these in such a way that I wont be ordering any. Oh well I guess I'll keep my money.

totally agree, give me all reds

rjquillin

quality posts: 174 Private Messages rjquillin
chipgreen wrote:I did pick up a bottle of the Don'tspille on tour and am sitting on 5 of the VdF so even though I'm convinced that these are worth every penny, I'm going to leave them for those less fortunate.

However did you swing, or I miss, that on the tour...?

CT

emmabean2000

quality posts: 6 Private Messages emmabean2000

I was down to my last bottle of Vinito. Yes, this is a questionable QPR. But, I knows what I like, and can now open my formerly last bottle for wife's birthday tonight. And, I get to try the D'ontspille. I am happy.

klezman

quality posts: 123 Private Messages klezman

Yeah, two of my favourite Woot Cellars wines, but when I look at what else I can get for that price it doesn't stack up. Even if I allocate a generous $25 for the VdF, D'Ontspille for $25 doesn't hit the mark for me. That's ok, I've spent too much money on woot lately anyway.

2014: 32 bottles. Last wine.woot: Scott Harvey Jana Cathedral 3 L
2013: 66 bottles, 2012: 91 bottles, 2011: 92 bottles, 2010: 74 bottles, 2009: 30 bottles, 2008: 3 bottles My CT

vudean

quality posts: 4 Private Messages vudean
kylemittskus wrote:I was big on Toothy and Boss Monster.

BOSS MONSTER is my favorite by far. I've had them all, except F-bomb. Too bad they don't have a pack of (just) either of them available.

montegobayjr

quality posts: 10 Private Messages montegobayjr

Well, was looking forward to a woot cellars offering as mentioned the other day; not overwhelmed by the response to Phat Goose, and after reading notes on VDF (1/2 bottle, 375 ml) and D' Ontspille...meh...ok at the original, what was it $7/bottle?, but at $25/bottle (1/2 bottle)...just picked up Chateauneuf-Du-Pape
Dom. de Saint Paul 2010 (91 Points - Wine Spectator) @ $27 with free shipping (time will tell how good it is), but...
Sorry I waited for Monday.
Echoing the earlier comments..."expected more...", but IN for the chocolate covered wine grapes x 2

chipgreen

rjquillin wrote:However did you swing, or I miss, that on the tour...?

When we were in Peter's tasting room on the newbie tour he mentioned kind of offhandedly that he had a couple cases of the Don'tspille left. I didn't see anyone else get any so maybe you weren't the only one who didn't hear him say it.

Just wish I would have gotten more than 1 at the time as it was only $15 + tax with the rpm tour discount.

redwinefan

quality posts: 74 Private Messages redwinefan
chipgreen wrote:When we were in Peter's tasting room on the newbie tour he mentioned kind of offhandedly that he had a couple cases of the Don'tspille left. I didn't see anyone else get any so maybe you weren't the only one who didn't hear him say it.

Just wish I would have gotten more than 1 at the time as it was only $15 + tax with the rpm tour discount.

I totally missed this as well.

I also didn't realize the winemakers held on to their Woot Cellars wine. I figured their was a huge cellar under the WCC offices filled with the Woot library wines

"You need to invest in a corkscrew. Wine is for drinking." -- Peter Wellington

meghano1989

quality posts: 5 Private Messages meghano1989
mawy wrote:So, you know what would be really awesomely cool? A Pick n Mix! I really want some F-Bomb and some of the reds, but don't need any more Tri as I still have some left from the last time it was up. Any chance of some selective box packing for me?!?

Do you happen to live in the Missouri? I would SOOOOO love some more of the Tricepedis but I am not a red fan at all and can't justify buying any of the mixed offers because of that.

klezman

For those considering the Adequate Gift Wine, I opened my last remaining bottle from the original set, what, 3 years ago now? Here are some notes:

Initially was kind of thin and alcohol-ish. Thankfully that blew off after only a few minutes. Then the true nature of the wine came out. Got into a red/purple fruit core that was ripe but not overly so. That was accompanied with ever-shifting notes of spice and smoke (presumably from the oak). There's something leathery going on as well. After being open for almost 3 hours now, though, it's starting to lose it and lose much of the fruit without gaining much to compensate for it. I'd say if you're thinking about buying this one you will be happy. Just don't let it sit another 3 years unless you're prepared to be disappointed.

2013: 66 bottles, 2012: 91 bottles, 2011: 92 bottles, 2010: 74 bottles, 2009: 30 bottles, 2008: 3 bottles My CT

chipgreen

klezman wrote:For those considering the Adequate Gift Wine, I opened my last remaining bottle from the original set, what, 3 years ago now? Here are some notes:

Initially was kind of thin and alcohol-ish. Thankfully that blew off after only a few minutes. Then the true nature of the wine came out. Got into a red/purple fruit core that was ripe but not overly so. That was accompanied with ever-shifting notes of spice and smoke (presumably from the oak). There's something leathery going on as well. After being open for almost 3 hours now, though, it's starting to lose it and lose much of the fruit without gaining much to compensate for it. I'd say if you're thinking about buying this one you will be happy. Just don't let it sit another 3 years unless you're prepared to be disappointed.

Thanks for the volunteer rattage. This is the only Woot Cellars wine (currently offered) that I don't have so I was thinking about it. I'm still undecided but better informed.

North316

quality posts: 107 Private Messages North316
chipgreen wrote:Thanks for the volunteer rattage. This is the only Woot Cellars wine (currently offered) that I don't have so I was thinking about it. I'm still undecided but better informed.

I know you have free shipping today, so if you decided to get this, I would take a bottle or two from you. I was debating more myself since I only have one bottle left. I'm an enabler, but I am also fine if you pass on this.

My CT
"Trust your homies on the net", Clark Smith.
R.I.P. Inkycatz - Feb. 2013

mawy

quality posts: 9 Private Messages mawy
meghano1989 wrote:Do you happen to live in the Missouri? I would SOOOOO love some more of the Tricepedis but I am not a red fan at all and can't justify buying any of the mixed offers because of that.

Sorry, no, I'm in Houston.

klezman

chipgreen wrote:Thanks for the volunteer rattage. This is the only Woot Cellars wine (currently offered) that I don't have so I was thinking about it. I'm still undecided but better informed.

Well, if you want a restrained version of a Lodi wine, this is good stuff. I can't handle most of the Lodi overripe alcohol bombs...this is a different beast. It's significantly better than "merely adequate" but won't knock your socks off.

tonycyndy

quality posts: 14 Private Messages tonycyndy

I really like a few of these...the others are okay, but not repeat performers in my book. I, too, would've loved a "mix 'n match" opportunity to build a case or half-case of what I'd like to restock. Unfortunately, the pairings, groupings, etc are not what I'd like to see, and a "mystery" purchase doesn't appeal to me at all. The only singles available, Quaffmor and Adequate Gift, are okay, but I've still got a case of Quaffmor in the cellar and I was never too fond of Adequate Gift.

Something for Woot to consider...maybe a mix 'n match offer every now and then.