cheron98

quality posts: 123 Private Messages cheron98
winefarm wrote:Happy Thursday! Just sent my farm tots home for the week and am enjoying the respite from cold and rain we've been having. It's bright and sunny here in the Wine Country. I checked with WD and we think hard cider falls into the same category as beer for direct to consumer shipping. Guess I'll just have to go into the pubs to find all the varieties I"m looking for. OR start making some next year!

Boo, sad. Guess I'll have to make do with my awesome hard cider from the winery 1 mile away.

Edit: Sparkly!

You know, because cider... sparkly apple wine... it's wine, dammit, not beer.

I saw HitAnyKey42 on wine.woot! and clicked "I want one!"

otolith

quality posts: 22 Private Messages otolith
coynedj wrote:Well Sparky, it looks like I just fell prey to what you described.

I placed three orders today (yes, I broke down and ordered the Creminelli). I changed the shipping address for my first order, and that address carried over to my second. But not my third. That one's going to my wootlegger.

So, Senor Otolith, PM for you.

Sweet! I'll be sure to eat, umm, save it for you.

So, for those of you with shipping woes, have you ordered and just didn't put in the correct address? Or, did you choose an address (not your default), and have it switch back to another address (ie. one you didn't originally choose)?

If you just forgot, fine. If it got switched on their end, then I'd have issues (not to mention a bunch of concerns since I have several orders coming through).

"When we try to pick out anything by itself, we find it hitched to everything else in the universe."
--John Muir

otolith

kylemittskus wrote:Doc: Here's another camera deal. Like last time, I have no clue what it is, but people seem to be saying it's a great price for $900. And you can add another lens for $100.

And there's also this deal for some fancy lens that does something cool, I'm sure.

Thanks for the links! I bought a Canon 60D, got a couple lenses (came in a combo kit together). Even bought it locally for a similar price to Amazon, and I also get free classes.

"When we try to pick out anything by itself, we find it hitched to everything else in the universe."
--John Muir

kylemittskus

quality posts: 230 Private Messages kylemittskus
otolith wrote:Thanks for the links! I bought a Canon 60D, got a couple lenses (came in a combo kit together). Even bought it locally for a similar price to Amazon, and I also get free classes.

No worries. I'll stop linking things I don't understand.

"If drinking is bitter, change yourself to wine." -Rainer Maria Rilke

"Champagne is a very kind and friendly thing on a rainy night." -Isak Dinesen

cheron98

quality posts: 123 Private Messages cheron98
otolith wrote:Order it all and then bring 'em over!

Sounds like the Creminelli will be there, at least

I saw HitAnyKey42 on wine.woot! and clicked "I want one!"

otolith

cheron98 wrote:Sounds like the Creminelli will be there, at least

And a colander!

--John Muir

bahwm

quality posts: 29 Private Messages bahwm

BOWTIE: You started the CyberPub Crud and passed it on to me! You are a bum! Doc O: I am trying your Afrin followed by the Netipot rinse 30 minutes later. I sure hope it works! I think I'm catching it early, but I am getting some weird coughing, too.

We had a late start at school today for parent conferences: noon to 7 PM. Used a lot of hand sanitizer and soap & water! After, ddeuddeg & I went out for a really excellent pot roast dinner. Heading to bed shortly.

May our love be like good wine, grow stronger as it grows older. ~ Old English Toast

cortot20

quality posts: 139 Private Messages cortot20
MarkDaSpark wrote:I'd been trying to order first on Wine, so anything else is free shipping. And it was just on this last one (wireless extender) that I actually asked them to cancel it if they wouldn't change the address. And they wouldn't, which I believe is a violation of some law, either state or federal.

The irritating thing (one of many lately from Woot) is that they used to have the Cancel button, which I used to correct shipping errors. As in, oops, wrong address. Cancel and then re-ordered.

It all just added up to where the "new" Support group isn't supportive at all. And I don't feel like bending over any more for them. So no more spending $$ on any Woot but Wine.Woot!!!

Edit: Guess I won't be ordering from UrbanOutfitters either. They have the same policy. Not that I did or plan to now.

I ordered the microfiber towels from home.woot last week and forgot to change he address from the FedEx office. The package was refused and returned to sender by UPS and then support issued me a refund. The bummer is that I really needed the new towels and they wouldn't ship it to a new address.

CT

bahwm

quality posts: 29 Private Messages bahwm

Bad edit! Move along. Nothing to see here.

May our love be like good wine, grow stronger as it grows older. ~ Old English Toast

chipgreen

quality posts: 187 Private Messages chipgreen

As an Amazon Prime member, I haven't been able to cancel or alter orders with them for years so I guess I'm used to it.

A lot of Woot items are now coming directly from Amazon, in Amazon boxes. They generally get delivered in less time than it used to take for Woot to ship, so that may be what they're referring to about the streamlined shipping process.

MarkDaSpark

quality posts: 181 Private Messages MarkDaSpark
otolith wrote:Sweet! I'll be sure to eat, umm, save it for you.

So, for those of you with shipping woes, have you ordered and just didn't put in the correct address? Or, did you choose an address (not your default), and have it switch back to another address (ie. one you didn't originally choose)?

If you just forgot, fine. If it got switched on their end, then I'd have issues (not to mention a bunch of concerns since I have several orders coming through).

Mostly, it's been ordered correctly, and then when it gets shipped, the address magically changes to the default address.

So I switched default addresses so my Wine Locker is the default. So now if I forget, purchases go there. Which has happened about 4 times now. And Woot used to change them before, but not now.

Someone has to put WD's kids thru college, but why does it have to be me!
*This post is for purposes of enabling only, and does not constitute any promise of helping pay for said enabling. It does indicate willingness to assist in drinking said wine.

MarkDaSpark

chipgreen wrote:As an Amazon Prime member, I haven't been able to cancel or alter orders with them for years so I guess I'm used to it.

A lot of Woot items are now coming directly from Amazon, in Amazon boxes. They generally get delivered in less time than it used to take for Woot to ship, so that may be what they're referring to about the streamlined shipping process.

I just canceled my Prime order for a Paperwhite because it was going to be delayed shipping until the 19th, and I found one at my local Staples last week.

I think as long as it hasn't shipped (and thus charged), you can cancel. At least it seems that way when I've looked at my orders.

*This post is for purposes of enabling only, and does not constitute any promise of helping pay for said enabling. It does indicate willingness to assist in drinking said wine.

bhodilee

quality posts: 32 Private Messages bhodilee
kylemittskus wrote:No worries. I'll stop linking things I don't understand.

If i did that, I'd never link again!

"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it."

– George Bernard Shaw, author (1856-1950)

bhodilee

bahwm wrote:BOWTIE: You started the CyberPub Crud and passed it on to me! You are a bum! Doc O: I am trying your Afrin followed by the Netipot rinse 30 minutes later. I sure hope it works! I think I'm catching it early, but I am getting some weird coughing, too.

We had a late start at school today for parent conferences: noon to 7 PM. Used a lot of hand sanitizer and soap & water! After, ddeuddeg & I went out for a really excellent pot roast dinner. Heading to bed shortly.

I hope not, cause it sucks! I went to Sams and they had the squeeze bottle version of the neti pot for 5 bucks, I added that to my arsenal also.

"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it."

bhodilee

MarkDaSpark wrote:Mostly, it's been ordered correctly, and then when it gets shipped, the address magically changes to the default address.

So I switched default addresses so my Wine Locker is the default. So now if I forget, purchases go there. Which has happened about 4 times now. And Woot used to change them before, but not now.

Stupid thought that costs shipping so is even stupider than I originally thought, but if it's such a problem why not use your alternate ID for one every woot site except here?

bhodilee

HAK: I stuck this on Facebook but you may see it here HO! HO! HO!

Pretty sure 1st Gen Nook Tablet pre-owned for 100 bucks.

Even Preowned this is probably leaps and bounds better than the other cheap tablets that have been kicked around.

North316

quality posts: 107 Private Messages North316
bhodilee wrote:Stupid thought that costs shipping so is even stupider than I originally thought, but if it's such a problem why not use your alternate ID for one every woot site except here?

Because he is trying to take advantage of free shipping...

My CT
"Trust your homies on the net", Clark Smith.
R.I.P. Inkycatz - Feb. 2013

bhodilee

North316 wrote:Because he is trying to take advantage of free shipping...

understood, but if it's something you really want and it's a good deal, is $5 really worth spiting your face over?

Ideally, Woot would just not suck at this and address the problem, but it's woot and they consider these things to be "features".

North316

bhodilee wrote:understood, but if it's something you really want and it's a good deal, is $5 really worth spiting your face over?

Ideally, Woot would just not suck at this and address the problem, but it's woot and they consider these things to be "features".

I agree and disagree. I mean, no one should have to spend an extra $5 just because woot can't code properly and their customer service sucks.

Personally, I use different shipping addresses all of the time (and have been ordering a lot recently) and have had no such issues with things getting shipped to the wrong place. This makes me believe that it is more user error than anything, but if not, there is definitely something valid to complain about. Also, the fact that they won't change an address 5 minutes after an order was places is just ridiculous.

My CT

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 565 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

North316 wrote:I agree and disagree. I mean, no one should have to spend an extra $5 just because woot can't code properly and their customer service sucks.

Personally, I use different shipping addresses all of the time (and have been ordering a lot recently) and have had no such issues with things getting shipped to the wrong place. This makes me believe that it is more user error than anything, but if not, there is definitely something valid to complain about. Also, the fact that they won't change an address 5 minutes after an order was places is just ridiculous.

We can sometimes change addresses for Wine order since they have a different processing schedule to keep the wine moving while in transit.

On other sites, we release orders regularly during the day. We don't wait until the next day anymore. Once it's released for processing, it's out of our hands and can't be pulled back. So while you email 5 minutes after the order, CS probably can't get to your email (FIFO) before the order is released.

FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

North316

ThunderThighs wrote:We can sometimes change addresses for Wine order since they have a different processing schedule to keep the wine moving while in transit.

On other sites, we release orders regularly during the day. We don't wait until the next day anymore. Once it's released for processing, it's out of our hands and can't be pulled back. So while you email 5 minutes after the order, CS probably can't get to your email (FIFO) before the order is released.

Then it seems like maybe there need to be some other way to make a change to the order between ordering and processing, if CS isn't fast enough to address the problem?

Instead of "cancel order" button, there could be a "Made a mistake?" button which would allow you to change the shipping address if you realized it right away before the order is the processed for shipping.

My CT

MarkDaSpark

North316 wrote:I agree and disagree. I mean, no one should have to spend an extra $5 just because woot can't code properly and their customer service sucks.

The first time it happened,I wondered the same thing, but it happened too often on WW orders I knew were set for the right address. And it's happened again (recently) on the Kodak USB Power Pak. Which I know for a fact was set for alternate (LB) but then shipped to default (Irvine).

Until the order gets shipped, it shows where it is shipping to on the top part of the Stuff you Bought page. So I know for a fact that each item was indeed, set for the correct location for the last couple of Magic changes.

MarkDaSpark

bhodilee wrote:understood, but if it's something you really want and it's a good deal, is $5 really worth spiting your face over?

The main issue is that it didn't used to be such a "feature".

Plus, Woot has just gotten too busy with all these offers. I have better things to do (sleep, eat, nap, eat, sleep, etc.)!

mother

quality posts: 15 Private Messages mother
ThunderThighs wrote:We can sometimes change addresses for Wine order since they have a different processing schedule to keep the wine moving while in transit.

Then it sounds like Woot needs more CSRs to handle these requests in the timespan in which it gives itself to make changes/cancellations.

ThunderThighs

Staff

North316 wrote:Then it seems like maybe there need to be some other way to make a change to the order between ordering and processing, if CS isn't fast enough to address the problem?

Instead of "cancel order" button, there could be a "Made a mistake?" button which would allow you to change the shipping address if you realized it right away before the order is the processed for shipping.

I know they want to move towards more automation. It will take a while to get there though.

It's really not unlike Amazon though. I have about 30 minutes to fix anything on Amazon and then it's too late.

FORUM MODERATOR
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

MarkDaSpark

Except that most were still in my "Awaiting Shipping" queue for 1 or 2 days after ordering. So you'd think they could still change the address.

And for a while there, they did have a Cancel Order link, which worked until the item shipped. Which was handy when you ordered the wrong number (wanted more) or used the wrong address.

And I think I contacted "Support" on some of the magic Wine shipments, and got the same response from them. Which is why I no longer want to bother with them at all. They offer as much support as the Ahh Bra.

polarbear22

quality posts: 35 Private Messages polarbear22
mother wrote:Then it sounds like Woot needs more CSRs to handle these requests in the timespan in which it gives itself to make changes/cancellations.

PM for you.

Polar bears are meant to be clever, very clever. They are the Einsteins of the bear community. - Anonymous
Please donate to the 2014 MS Bike Ride
Want to read what SonomaBouliste has to say about wine?
Ddeuddeg Cheesecake Cookbook
My Cellar

MarkDaSpark

ThunderThighs wrote:I know they want to move towards more automation. It will take a while to get there though.

It's really not unlike Amazon though. I have about 30 minutes to fix anything on Amazon and then it's too late.

Which is part of the problem! We don't even get the 30 minutes here. We had the Cancel Order button for a short period of time, but it's no longer there.

Plus, many of us have been asking to be able to search on our old orders, and they still don't let us have that capability. It's not a big problem when you have less than 100 Woot Orders (10 or so per page viewable), but when you have more orders it becomes impossibly time consuming.

ThunderThighs

Staff

MarkDaSpark wrote:Which is part of the problem! We don't even get the 30 minutes here. We had the Cancel Order button for a short period of time, but it's no longer there.

Plus, many of us have been asking to be able to search on our old orders, and they still don't let us have that capability. It's not a big problem when you have less than 100 Woot Orders (10 or so per page viewable), but when you have more orders it becomes impossibly time consuming.

We have a small development team and sometimes things will take longer than we'd like to accomplish. It doesn't mean they're not in the development list. There's a lot of work going on; some of is behind the scenes that isn't readily apparent.

FORUM MODERATOR

kylemittskus

In other news, I heard Cesare is changing his name to BeZoBoT!

Cesare

quality posts: 1614 Private Messages Cesare
kylemittskus wrote:In other news, I heard Cesare is changing his name to BeZoBoT!

Yeah and in other other news
18th-century French chateau razed 'by mistake'
And
Vandals Destroy Prized Brunello di Montalcino Wine

-il Cesare
Sole Absolute Triple
Exalted High Tastemaster Supreme
“In the entire world there are only a few sounds that bring joy to all but the most jaded. One is the murmur of a kitten purring. Another is the thwack of a well-pitched baseball hitting a perfectly swung bat. And the third is the pop of a cork being pulled from a bottle of wine.” —George Taber

North316

Cesare wrote:
Vandals Destroy Prized Brunello di Montalcino Wine

That sure sounds like an inside job to me. Collect $20 million dollars in insurance money. jack up prices and 2006 vintage and prior, due to scarcity; and jack up prices on future vintage releases.

My CT

kylemittskus

North316 wrote:That sure sounds like an inside job to me. Collect $20 million dollars in insurance money. jack up prices and 2006 vintage and prior, due to scarcity; and jack up prices on future vintage releases.

Interesting...

jdhart306

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jdhart306

I know that ratings from places like Robert Parker, WS, and WE aren't given a lot of thought here, but the 2009 Twisted Oak Torcido was just given the #50 wine of the year by WE. I just hope that means that we will still be able to get some of El Jefe's wines at a discount after the good news. Congrats to Twisted Oak for the accomplishment.

kylemittskus

jdhart306 wrote:I know that ratings from places like Robert Parker, WS, and WE aren't given a lot of thought here, but the 2009 Twisted Oak Torcido was just given the #50 wine of the year by WE. I just hope that means that we will still be able to get some of El Jefe's wines at a discount after the good news. Congrats to Twisted Oak for the accomplishment.

2 of his wines were in the top 100. The other one was... I'll have to look when I get home.

InFrom

quality posts: 31 Private Messages InFrom
ThunderThighs wrote:I know they want to move towards more automation. It will take a while to get there though.

I just checked the emails in my example -- I got my order confirmation at 9:34, and wrote an email asking to put it on a different card at 9:37. Now I'm thinking, since this was PM, not AM, the problem is there was nobody home to respond to my email, and by the next morning it was too late. What do you think?

kylemittskus

InFrom wrote:I just checked the emails in my example -- I got my order confirmation at 9:34, and wrote an email asking to put it on a different card at 9:37. Now I'm thinking, since this was PM, not AM, the problem is there was nobody home to respond to my email, and by the next morning it was too late. What do you think?

TT actually said they have a graveyard responder now.

InFrom

quality posts: 31 Private Messages InFrom
kylemittskus wrote:TT actually said they have a graveyard responder now.

All I got that night was the auto-reply. I emailed again around noon the next day, and that's when I got a response from a person.

ThunderThighs

Staff

kylemittskus wrote:TT actually said they have a graveyard responder now.

Not any more. She left. I miss my nighttime CS buddy too.

FORUM MODERATOR

montegobayjr

quality posts: 10 Private Messages montegobayjr

Hello, I'm fairly new to winewoot!, and looking for some help. My wife really enjoys J.Lohr Cab as a go-to red. Does anyone know of some comparable wines (quality and taste-wise) that I can introduce her to? I'm pretty much a novice but have been learning a lot just by reading the threads, but hoped for some more direct info. What does the winewoot crowd think of J. Lohr? THANKS!!