bhodilee

quality posts: 32 Private Messages bhodilee
winefarm wrote:Bowtie! et. al. So good to "see" you here. I don't think my Bulldogs will make the world series this year, but maybe the Clemson Tigers will and we can come visit.

Slept in, can't imagine why? Better get the kid off to school. Later, fine, wine.wooters!

That'd be alright. Maybe you'll play Creighton some year while she's there. They have an AMAZING soccer stadium right by the ballfield.

"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it."

– George Bernard Shaw, author (1856-1950)

North316

quality posts: 107 Private Messages North316
bhodilee wrote:Outdoor yes, unless you are good at rigging up ventilation. I don't have that particular one, but I have a similar one and for my family size (5, 2 adults, 1 teen, two kids), needs, I'm not going to be upgrading anytime soon. Everything I've made has come out great.

I put like 20 chicken quarters in mine for fourth of july. it holds a lot. If you want a smoker, i'd say that's a decent one to have. Way fancier than mine, but that window is useless, it's just gonna cloud over in a month.

I'll have to see what the lightning price is. The old lady already said no, but since when does that matter? I love my grill, but a smoker would be a nice addition to the options.

My CT
"Trust your homies on the net", Clark Smith.
R.I.P. Inkycatz - Feb. 2013

chemvictim

quality posts: 3 Private Messages chemvictim
redwinefan wrote:I'm convinced that wine calories don't matter

I really want this to be true. Weight Watchers is very cruel to wine drinkers.

bhodilee

North316 wrote:I'll have to see what the lightning price is. The old lady already said no, but since when does that matter? I love my grill, but a smoker would be a nice addition to the options.

I'm fairly certain I've seen that cheaper on Amazon, but not by much. If you live in a cold weather area, maybe hold off til spring, it's not a screaming deal, just a nice one.

"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it."

polarbear22

quality posts: 35 Private Messages polarbear22
North316 wrote:I'll have to see what the lightning price is. The old lady already said no, but since when does that matter? I love my grill, but a smoker would be a nice addition to the options.

Not simple to get lightning price. But $229 vs. $279 for regular price. I think Bowtie showed me a deal about $189 or so late in the summer. So this is a nice price, but not one that you won't see again. I hope it goes down in the spring. My best hope for Christmas is that I will get approval for a smoker under the tree, not the actual smoker.

Polar bears are meant to be clever, very clever. They are the Einsteins of the bear community. - Anonymous
Please donate to the 2014 MS Bike Ride
Want to read what SonomaBouliste has to say about wine?
Ddeuddeg Cheesecake Cookbook
My Cellar

cheron98

quality posts: 123 Private Messages cheron98
tiger7610 wrote:Question since i'm trying to come up with some nice different hard cider for my friend who is a supertaster and just find the taste of alcohol horrible, but maybe can drink hard cider? Any chance I can request a bottle or 2 for when you come up in Jan to buffalo? If this doesnt make sense you can ask me when I'm not typing after 4 beers.

Sure. Want to leave the decision up to me or would you like to peruse their website and pick a couple yourself? They're like $13/bottle.

I saw HitAnyKey42 on wine.woot! and clicked "I want one!"

cheron98

redwinefan wrote:I'm convinced that wine calories don't matter

Does anyone know when the second bottle in that Phat package is going up? Drinking right now.

You had a second bottle? I had peppermint chocolate deliciousness that was very much NOT on my diet but I ate one anyway.

cheron98

tenuki wrote:I visited, I didn't get any cider! :p

I didn't know about them then

tiger7610

quality posts: 17 Private Messages tiger7610
cheron98 wrote:Sure. Want to leave the decision up to me or would you like to peruse their website and pick a couple yourself? They're like $13/bottle.

I will peruse the website, do they have a name, or a link?

mommadeb1

quality posts: 18 Private Messages mommadeb1
cheron98 wrote:And may I ssay, it has become something REALLY awesome in the past 4 days of sucking up whatever air was in the bottle. I mean, holy crap, it's just really nice now. Like, yum.

and of course I missed getting in on the "good stuff"....

chemvictim

Cat sitter has been interviewed and approved. In other words, the cats liked her. (she just comes in once a day to feed and pet them while we're away)

HitAnyKey42

quality posts: 29 Private Messages HitAnyKey42
tiger7610 wrote:I will peruse the website, do they have a name, or a link?

The Northville Winery is where the cider comes from.

My Cellar
In a Glorious Marriage.Woot with cheron98
NYC Tastings

cheron98

bhodilee wrote:I got mine the day of, got fitted two weeks before, but picked it up that day. We have it easy because the wedding is about you.

See, you should have stopped there. Cuz I got that far and went "aww, he DOES have a heart!" And then there was this...

bhodilee wrote:Most of us just show up so you'll stop talking about getting married and we can move on to the next thing to be nagged about.

I like to think I did not nag HAK about getting married. I may have dropped hints that if he were to propose I would not say no, but I don't recall nagging.

cheron98

chemvictim wrote:I really want this to be true. Weight Watchers is very cruel to wine drinkers.

My diet lets me drink wine

cheron98

HitAnyKey42 wrote:The Northville Winery is where the cider comes from.

Yes. This. Sorry, my internet decided it needed a break.

InFrom

quality posts: 32 Private Messages InFrom
tiger7610 wrote:I will peruse the website, do they have a name, or a link?

So, no knock on MI cider, but it seems like a lot of schlepping, considering that you have decent cider in your neck of the woods. Have you tried that Bellwether cider place in Trumansburg? I recall their stuff being pretty good, though I'm by no means a cider maven. Honestly, whenever I'm in the FL I find it hard to get my mind off Riesling. Mmmm...Riesling....

chemvictim

cheron98 wrote:My diet lets me drink wine

I should look into it! Weight watchers lets you drink wine too but it's a ridiculous number of points.

kylemittskus

quality posts: 231 Private Messages kylemittskus
chemvictim wrote:I should look into it! Weight watchers lets you drink wine too but it's a ridiculous number of points.

Weight Watchers is STUPID.

"If drinking is bitter, change yourself to wine." -Rainer Maria Rilke

"Champagne is a very kind and friendly thing on a rainy night." -Isak Dinesen

cortot20

quality posts: 152 Private Messages cortot20
kylemittskus wrote:Weight Watchers is STUPID.

My wife had success with it. We did all but ignore the wine points though.

CT

chemvictim

Thanks for the encouragement.

klezman

quality posts: 126 Private Messages klezman

I have no opinion on Weight Watchers. What's worked for me is simply counting calories. With smartphones it's easy to pay attention and not cheat. Set your daily net calorie goal and make sure you stick to it.

2014: 42 bottles. Last wine.woot: 2012 Iron Horse Estate Chardonnay
2013: 66 bottles, 2012: 91 bottles, 2011: 92 bottles, 2010: 74 bottles, 2009: 30 bottles, 2008: 3 bottles My CT

cheron98

InFrom wrote:So, no knock on MI cider, but it seems like a lot of schlepping, considering that you have decent cider in your neck of the woods. Have you tried that Bellwether cider place in Trumansburg? I recall their stuff being pretty good, though I'm by no means a cider maven. Honestly, whenever I'm in the FL I find it hard to get my mind off Riesling. Mmmm...Riesling....

If it helps, tommythecat has vowed to make an annual trip to return here every year (from Chicago) to buy more. Even after I move away.

tiger7610

quality posts: 17 Private Messages tiger7610
cheron98 wrote:My diet lets me drink wine

Is that the same diet where you alternate fruit/milk days? You will be done with that diet before the ice wine festival right?

MarkDaSpark

quality posts: 185 Private Messages MarkDaSpark
cheron98 wrote:

I like to think I did not nag HAK about getting married. I may have dropped hints that if he were to propose I would not say no, but I don't recall nagging.

Oh no. No nagging, I'm sure. None. Nada. Zip. Zilch. Zero.

Someone has to put WD's kids thru college, but why does it have to be me!
*This post is for purposes of enabling only, and does not constitute any promise of helping pay for said enabling. It does indicate willingness to assist in drinking said wine.

MarkDaSpark

quality posts: 185 Private Messages MarkDaSpark

Salted Chocolate Caramels up on Home Woot.

Edit: Ooo! Oooo! Cheese up on Pop Woot site.

Point Reyes Blue, & Cypress Grove Purple Haze (among others in set). Nom, nom, nom!

Someone has to put WD's kids thru college, but why does it have to be me!
*This post is for purposes of enabling only, and does not constitute any promise of helping pay for said enabling. It does indicate willingness to assist in drinking said wine.

Itwdswafo

quality posts: 7 Private Messages Itwdswafo

I still can't fathom paying a dollar per caramel...

tenuki

quality posts: 7 Private Messages tenuki
Itwdswafo wrote:I still can't fathom paying a dollar per caramel...

While they're totally worth it, I still have the peanut butter cups and peppermint crunch to try. Maybe after you pick up something else and get the free shipping ...

CT

bhodilee

klezman wrote:I have no opinion on Weight Watchers. What's worked for me is simply counting calories. With smartphones it's easy to pay attention and not cheat. Set your daily net calorie goal and make sure you stick to it.

my fitness pal is awesome, no doubt.

bhodilee

cheron98 wrote:

you likely did not as you have never been that type. I was nagged, and nagged, and nagged. See, I'm a logical cat, things like, I'd like to finish my Masters and get a job before I get married made sense to me. They did NOT make sense to my wife. She kept talking about the specific diamond cut she wanted and it was not something I was going to be able to afford without gainful employment and a hefty discount (which I get, thank you Berkshire Hathaway). So when I finished the Masters, got the job and got some money saved up, I got the ring. Worked out, but was aggravating in the meantime.

North316

Itwdswafo wrote:I still can't fathom paying a dollar per caramel...

It is actually 41 cents each. There are 56 pieces in a package and it's $23.

My CT

Itwdswafo

quality posts: 7 Private Messages Itwdswafo
North316 wrote:It is actually 41 cents each. There are 56 pieces in a package and it's $23.

Hmmm, specs make it seem like only 28, but counting those in the picture I think you might be correct.... Thanks!

North316

Itwdswafo wrote:Hmmm, specs make it seem like only 28, but counting those in the picture I think you might be correct.... Thanks!

Yeah, apparently the specs are old and from when the milk and dark used to be sold in separate packages (I don't recall this, but someone else said this). Each layer is 28 pieces of pure deliciousness. I got three boxes without hesitation.

My CT

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 586 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

North316 wrote:Yeah, apparently the specs are old and from when the milk and dark used to be sold in separate packages (I don't recall this, but someone else said this). Each layer is 28 pieces of pure deliciousness. I got three boxes without hesitation.

Kipi just posted:

kipidoran wrote:Hey there this is Kipi from the candy basket. Hi to all, we are so grateful to be back with our salted caramels. I noticed an error, the box is 32oz. There are 56 pieces in each box half in milk half in dark chocolate. The serving size should state two pieces. Sorry for the error

FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

coynedj

quality posts: 7 Private Messages coynedj

Well, I bought the salted caramels and the cheese. Now I just need to decide what else I desperately need to buy, to take advantage of the shipping deal - maybe the Creminelli salami?

I started out on Burgundy but soon hit the harder stuff. Bob Dylan, Just Like Tom Thumb's Blues

How on earth did I get 7 QPs?

cheron98

tiger7610 wrote:Is that the same diet where you alternate fruit/milk days? You will be done with that diet before the ice wine festival right?

Yeah, I'm just doing the first 10 day cycle. Wanted to lose the Thanksgiving weight before Christmas hit. Will probably do another 10-day in February before I move. Won't be able to after the move, since there's no easily accessed centers out there.

cheron98

coynedj wrote:Well, I bought the salted caramels and the cheese. Now I just need to decide what else I desperately need to buy, to take advantage of the shipping deal - maybe the Creminelli salami?

That's about where HAK and I are... bought caramels and cheese, pondering creminelli.

inkycatz

quality posts: 105 Private Messages inkycatz
North316 wrote:Yeah, apparently the specs are old and from when the milk and dark used to be sold in separate packages (I don't recall this, but someone else said this). Each layer is 28 pieces of pure deliciousness. I got three boxes without hesitation.

Yeah, they're aware of the situation and everything should be getting all fixed up.

I'm just hanging out, really.

North316

coynedj wrote:Well, I bought the salted caramels and the cheese. Now I just need to decide what else I desperately need to buy, to take advantage of the shipping deal - maybe the Creminelli salami?

I bought the caramels and want the cheese, but I just can't afford anything else... I've blown my woot budget 3 times over again. 18 orders and $850 in just 2 weeks! Now that I got my caramels I am on a SSSIWAOTBM (Super Strict Self Imposed Wine And Other Things Buying Moratorium).

My CT

chemvictim

bhodilee wrote:my fitness pal is awesome, no doubt.

I used MFP for awhile, but I didn't succeed with it. I'm not certain why. I hate WW because they weight so many of my favorite things very high with points (compared to straight calorie comparison) and it is so not worth the "free" fruits and veggies, but I like that it's flexible from day to day within one week as opposed to being the same every day. Maybe a combination of straight calories in/calories out combined with the weekly flexibility would work for me, I don't know.

Only two strategies have ever worked for me to lose weight so far: WW and fasting. WW is better than fasting.

coynedj

quality posts: 7 Private Messages coynedj
North316 wrote:I bought the caramels and want the cheese, but I just can't afford anything else... I've blown my woot budget 3 times over again. 18 orders and $850 in just 2 weeks! Now that I got my caramels I am on a SSSIWAOTBM (Super Strict Self Imposed Wine And Other Things Buying Moratorium).

I've been a model of restraint lately when it comes to wine - my buying binge was in 2010 and 2011, when I built up a two or three year supply which I am now in the process of drinking down. It'll take a while before I'm ready to go back into stocking up mode, though.

But I have no such inventory of caramels, cheese and salami. In fact, I never seem to keep much of an inventory of those salted caramels, for some odd reason.

I started out on Burgundy but soon hit the harder stuff. Bob Dylan, Just Like Tom Thumb's Blues

How on earth did I get 7 QPs?