cheron98

quality posts: 123 Private Messages cheron98
winefarm wrote:Bawhm was..."not the sharpest Crayon in the box"...

http://img3.etsystatic.com/000/0/6343135/il_170x135.341255983.jpg

EDIT...ok, I've completely forgotten how to post in these forums.

you're just missig the / in the closing url.

Edit: Sparky!

Edit 2: Also, adorable!

Edit 3: The picture, not Sparky.

Edit 4: Although Sparky is pretty adorable when he wants to be.

I saw HitAnyKey42 on wine.woot! and clicked "I want one!"

otolith

quality posts: 22 Private Messages otolith

Amateur.

"When we try to pick out anything by itself, we find it hitched to everything else in the universe."
--John Muir

otolith

cheron98 wrote:you're just missig the / in the closing url.

Edit: Sparky!

Edit 2: Also, adorable!

Edit 3: The picture, not Sparky.

Edit 4: Although Sparky is pretty adorable when he wants to be.

amateur.

"When we try to pick out anything by itself, we find it hitched to everything else in the universe."
--John Muir

cheron98

winefarm wrote:Wow, long day! Hmmm...Meritage from the Finger Lakes? Interesting. I thought Meritage was a proprietary California thing. I'm sure your soup is yummy..love to you both!

Nah, it's more of a proprietary American thing if you apply for the rights to use the term, and probably pay someone a fat wad of cash.

cheron98

otolith wrote:amateur.

Hey< i was merely correcting her syntax, not making it the most efficient thing. Which I would normally have done, being a coder and all, if I were not a) tired and b) moderately inebriated.

winefarm

quality posts: 7 Private Messages winefarm
otolith wrote:Amateur.

Thank you! How's tricks?

cheron98

I have CLEARLY been un-posting for too long, if Sparky has surpassed 20k. I am a sad 3k behind.

No, I'm not going to make that up tonight. or ever, probably. Le sigh.

i do think I need to sleep, though. I am such a wuss for sleep these days...

bahwm

quality posts: 30 Private Messages bahwm
cheron98 wrote:Do you find that crazy, having taught both the parent and the child?

Totally crazy! However, I never had this child in any of my classes. Just had to deal with him in the hall. Oh, did I mention that he's in 8th grade?

On the other hand, I taught a girl in high school when I first started teaching. She was/is a real sweetheart. She has actually subbed for me and I have taught all three of her kids! I just had the pleasure of grading her youngest child's family project. This is her only daughter. She put so much effort into it--with a lot of pics that are nicely mounted and the text is nicely typed, etc. Makes me proud. Her boys are great, too!

May our love be like good wine, grow stronger as it grows older. ~ Old English Toast

otolith

cheron98 wrote:Hey< i was merely correcting her syntax, not making it the most efficient thing. Which I would normally have done, being a coder and all, if I were not a) tired and b) moderately inebriated.

Needed img not url tags. Who am I telling the computer whiz code? lol

--John Muir

otolith

winefarm wrote:Thank you! How's tricks?

Livin' the dream!

Not to mention tired. Off to bed!

--John Muir

cheron98

otolith wrote:Needed img not url tags. Who am I telling the computer whiz code? lol

like i said, i was just fixing the syntax url tags work too, just mean you have to click on it to see the picture instead of it being right there already for you

chipgreen

quality posts: 195 Private Messages chipgreen
cheron98 wrote:And may I ssay, it has become something REALLY awesome in the past 4 days of sucking up whatever air was in the bottle. I mean, holy crap, it's just really nice now. Like, yum.

Awesome, cuz I'm about to finish mine now!

cheron98

haz sweepy... time for zzzzzzzzzzz....

bahwm

winefarm wrote:Wow, long day! Hmmm...Meritage from the Finger Lakes? Interesting. I thought Meritage was a proprietary California thing. I'm sure your soup is yummy..love to you both!

Yeah, well, it had the proper grapes, but not the quality, sorry to say. I don't know if it is a proprietary California thing or not. I'm not even sure where we picked up this bottle--maybe at the farmer's market.

Our soup was yummy, however, I have no idea how we forgot it, but we forget to add the crumbled bacon! We made the soup a couple of days ago and cooked enough bacon for the leftovers. Oh, well. We'll have to find another use for it . . . somehow . . .

Oh, btw, I haven't forgotten about those pics, just haven't had the time to triage them! Maybe over Christmas break. Love you both, too!

May our love be like good wine, grow stronger as it grows older. ~ Old English Toast

winefarm

cheron98 wrote:like i said, i was just fixing the syntax url tags work too, just mean you have to click on it to see the picture instead of it being right there already for you

"blah, blah, blah, picture, blah, blah, blah" :wink.

At least I still know how to drink. Yes, you mid-westerners and East Coasters must be tired. WD is home and I"m going to go try something to be named later. Good night!

bahwm

winefarm wrote:"blah, blah, blah, picture, blah, blah, blah" :wink.

At least I still know how to drink. Yes, you mid-westerners and East Coasters must be tired. WD is home and I"m going to go try something to be named later. Good night!

Enjoy!

klezman

quality posts: 126 Private Messages klezman

Two beers with sausage for dinner! Thinking of getting today's Port offering, but not 100% yet. Yum. Excellent string of drinking-related posts

2014: 42 bottles. Last wine.woot: 2012 Iron Horse Estate Chardonnay
2013: 66 bottles, 2012: 91 bottles, 2011: 92 bottles, 2010: 74 bottles, 2009: 30 bottles, 2008: 3 bottles My CT

tiger7610

quality posts: 17 Private Messages tiger7610
cheron98 wrote: Hey HAK - take notes. Bring random wine home

There's a winery like a block away here that's part of a cider mill. They make KICK ASS hard cider. Like, I wish they could ship so I could send it to you guys and convince you to put them up here.

Why don't we get the hard ciders here? Does that get regulated under beer rather than wine?

Question since i'm trying to come up with some nice different hard cider for my friend who is a supertaster and just find the taste of alcohol horrible, but maybe can drink hard cider? Any chance I can request a bottle or 2 for when you come up in Jan to buffalo? If this doesnt make sense you can ask me when I'm not typing after 4 beers.

tiger7610

quality posts: 17 Private Messages tiger7610
cheron98 wrote:Nah, it's more of a proprietary American thing if you apply for the rights to use the term, and probably pay someone a fat wad of cash.

I wonder if its a specific blend? Also if the coffee from my finger lakes supplier is called meritage what does that mean? A blend?

MarkDaSpark

quality posts: 185 Private Messages MarkDaSpark

http://img3.etsystatic.com/000/0/6343135/il_170x135.341255983.jpg

IFTFY. You left out the slash in the last linky-poo.

Edit: Darn it!!! Teach me not to read ahead when cheron and WF are drunk posting!!!

Someone has to put WD's kids thru college, but why does it have to be me!
*This post is for purposes of enabling only, and does not constitute any promise of helping pay for said enabling. It does indicate willingness to assist in drinking said wine.

MarkDaSpark

tiger7610 wrote:I wonder if its a specific blend? Also if the coffee from my finger lakes supplier is called meritage what does that mean? A blend?

Means they might get sued. Since I'm pretty sure Meritage is trademarked and copyrighted.

And it is a specific blend of varietals, for red and white Bordeaux-style wines without infringing on the Bordeaux DOC.

*This post is for purposes of enabling only, and does not constitute any promise of helping pay for said enabling. It does indicate willingness to assist in drinking said wine.

MarkDaSpark

HaK,

Furby 7" android tablet is up on Tech for $50.

CAGrl

quality posts: 13 Private Messages CAGrl

Delete

CAGrl

quality posts: 13 Private Messages CAGrl

So working 10-12 hour days and not having a laptop really keeps me from keeping up with the pub. But I read a buy tonight. Feels good to take some time off. I'm very happy to have a job though for those of you who know how long it's taken me.

And cheron good luck with the diet!!! One good thing about a 7 week engagement is not worrying about fitting into my dress.

Oh and WF excited to see you on the board!!! Miss you and WD and hope you will make an appearance during D&D.

redwinefan

quality posts: 74 Private Messages redwinefan
cheron98 wrote:WELL.

I happen to be finishing the second glass of the Phat Goose that I opened on Friday which has been simply stoppered and sitting on my counter since, after having poured out a half bottle into a half bottle. And since I'm back doing my crazy diet, I've had all of like 500 calories today to soak it up!

You are not alone, my dear! Cheers to Phatness!

I'm convinced that wine calories don't matter

Does anyone know when the second bottle in that Phat package is going up? Drinking right now.

"You need to invest in a corkscrew. Wine is for drinking." -- Peter Wellington

tenuki

quality posts: 7 Private Messages tenuki
cheron98 wrote:I'm still gonna marry that guy. No, not ThatGuy. I dunno if price point would really be a factor for these... I mean, they're like $13/bottle from the winery, and they're small. I bet they'd be ecstatic being able to sell at like $9 or $10/bottle here. But shipping. Boo shipping.

Seriously, they're amazing.

And hard cider is ridiculous good.

They have a cherry hard cider called Crimson Red that's just om nom, and a blueberry one that had tommy rolling in ecstasy. You gotta come visit me before I move so I can bring you there to experience these. So. freaking. Good.

I visited, I didn't get any cider! :p

CT

bhodilee

quality posts: 32 Private Messages bhodilee
InFrom wrote:And you're sure you don't suffer from graphosomnia?

typing whilst asleep? i only do that when driving. I multitask better than most males.

"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it."

– George Bernard Shaw, author (1856-1950)

bhodilee

winefarm wrote:I think price point. And for the record, I called the fad of hard cider about 4 years ago. WD didn't listen. Thus, I don't have 30 apple trees like I wanted. OR a cider mill...Marriage...just saying Cheron

The Brits had you beat by like, hundreds of years. I've been drinking hard cider since I've been drinking. Initially hated beer, but enjoyed the hell of out of the Woodchuck Dark and Dry. Used to get made fun of a lot for that. Until I bought everyone one to shut them up, and amazingly, they shut up. Good stuff hard cider. After drinking with the Slovaks for two years I began to enjoy beer. After they went back to Slovakia, I began to enjoy sobriety again.

"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it."

bhodilee

cheron98 wrote:And can I just say how it sucks that guys have it SO EASY for weddings? I mean, they don't have to really watch their figures much cuz they can get their tuxes like 2 days before and it doesn't matter. But us brides, noooo we have to order the Dress like NOW and then maintain our figure for MONTHS.

I got mine the day of, got fitted two weeks before, but picked it up that day. We have it easy because the wedding is about you. Most of us just show up so you'll stop talking about getting married and we can move on to the next thing to be nagged about.

I will pay for this post. Likely here and home

bhodilee

bahwm wrote:Totally crazy! However, I never had this child in any of my classes. Just had to deal with him in the hall. Oh, did I mention that he's in 8th grade?

On the other hand, I taught a girl in high school when I first started teaching. She was/is a real sweetheart. She has actually subbed for me and I have taught all three of her kids! I just had the pleasure of grading her youngest child's family project. This is her only daughter. She put so much effort into it--with a lot of pics that are nicely mounted and the text is nicely typed, etc. Makes me proud. Her boys are great, too!

Speaking of kids, I'm totally gonna brag on mine. The youngest one has stopped jumping off the back of the couch and onto a pile of blankets. Now he's discovered that if he hurls himself off the footstool onto the couch he can bounce off and onto the floor, and that's way more fun. That kid is going to develop CTE, he is one hundred percent crazy.

Oh, and the daughter that is in Kindergarten just got bumped up into first grade for reading. Only kid in the class to do so, but she came in to Kindergarten reading at a first grade level. She's way smart and has been cornering me with logic traps since she was two. Drives me crazy.

bhodilee

otolith wrote:Livin' the dream!

Not to mention tired. Off to bed!

you bought a kangaroo?

bhodilee

tiger7610 wrote:Question since i'm trying to come up with some nice different hard cider for my friend who is a supertaster and just find the taste of alcohol horrible, but maybe can drink hard cider? Any chance I can request a bottle or 2 for when you come up in Jan to buffalo? If this doesnt make sense you can ask me when I'm not typing after 4 beers.

seems pretty coherent, which part did the beers type?

bhodilee

bhodilee wrote:seems pretty coherent, which part did the beers type?

my geometry has disappeared

Edit: and now it's back. Go on about your business everyone.

polarbear22

quality posts: 35 Private Messages polarbear22
winefarm wrote:I think price point. And for the record, I called the fad of hard cider about 4 years ago. WD didn't listen. Thus, I don't have 30 apple trees like I wanted. OR a cider mill...Marriage...just saying Cheron

Over in the UK, I had to try the ciders as well as the ales. Fortuniately, my daughter wanted to hit the pubs every night. really like hard ciders.

Some of my daughter's friends showed up at Woodchuck, figuring they would do tours like all the breweries. Apparently not. But the guy was nice enough to show them around and answer some questions. but no tasting.

Polar bears are meant to be clever, very clever. They are the Einsteins of the bear community. - Anonymous
Please donate to the 2014 MS Bike Ride
Want to read what SonomaBouliste has to say about wine?
Ddeuddeg Cheesecake Cookbook
My Cellar

bhodilee

polarbear22 wrote:Over in the UK, I had to try the ciders as well as the ales. Fortuniately, my daughter wanted to hit the pubs every night. really like hard ciders.

Some of my daughter's friends showed up at Woodchuck, figuring they would do tours like all the breweries. Apparently not. But the guy was nice enough to show them around and answer some questions. but no tasting.

at 10am CST or 11 your time, the oft discussed smoker is going to be a lightning deal on Amazon. The product link will likely have a note on it being a lightning deal, but the main deal page is here and will require scrolling as they have lots of things now through Christmas.

Did I mention how f'n good the beer smoked turkey turned out for Thanksgiving? And how tasty the gravy from the drippings/beer were?

polarbear22

quality posts: 35 Private Messages polarbear22
bhodilee wrote:at 10am CST or 11 your time, the oft discussed smoker is going to be a lightning deal on Amazon. The product link will likely have a note on it being a lightning deal, but the main deal page is here and will require scrolling as they have lots of things now through Christmas.

Did I mention how f'n good the beer smoked turkey turned out for Thanksgiving? And how tasty the gravy from the drippings/beer were?

Now I just need to anonymously send the info to my wife. I'll wear her down eventually. Thanks for pointing these out when you see them. I will get to pull the trigger at some point.

Polar bears are meant to be clever, very clever. They are the Einsteins of the bear community. - Anonymous
Please donate to the 2014 MS Bike Ride
Want to read what SonomaBouliste has to say about wine?
Ddeuddeg Cheesecake Cookbook
My Cellar

bhodilee

polarbear22 wrote:Now I just need to anonymously send the info to my wife. I'll wear her down eventually. Thanks for pointing these out when you see them. I will get to pull the trigger at some point.

It's Christmas and I'm assuming you've been good this year

Just start sending her recipes of smoked foods she'd enjoy.

North316

quality posts: 107 Private Messages North316
bhodilee wrote:at 10am CST or 11 your time, the oft discussed smoker is going to be a lightning deal on Amazon. The product link will likely have a note on it being a lightning deal, but the main deal page is here and will require scrolling as they have lots of things now through Christmas.

So this thing is awesome? I'm guessing it meant for outdoor use only?

My CT
"Trust your homies on the net", Clark Smith.
R.I.P. Inkycatz - Feb. 2013

winefarm

Bowtie! et. al. So good to "see" you here. I don't think my Bulldogs will make the world series this year, but maybe the Clemson Tigers will and we can come visit.

Slept in, can't imagine why? Better get the kid off to school. Later, fine, wine.wooters!

bhodilee

North316 wrote:So this thing is awesome? I'm guessing it meant for outdoor use only?

Outdoor yes, unless you are good at rigging up ventilation. I don't have that particular one, but I have a similar one and for my family size (5, 2 adults, 1 teen, two kids), needs, I'm not going to be upgrading anytime soon. Everything I've made has come out great.

I put like 20 chicken quarters in mine for fourth of july. it holds a lot. If you want a smoker, i'd say that's a decent one to have. Way fancier than mine, but that window is useless, it's just gonna cloud over in a month.