mother

quality posts: 15 Private Messages mother
coynedj wrote:Typical December day in Buffalo!

Yeah, Australia...

mommadeb1

quality posts: 18 Private Messages mommadeb1
bahwm wrote:We had a break-in at our school early Sat. morning. The perbs were caught: a current 7th grade student in our school and his father!

so sad... what were they after? I wonder whose bright idea it was, the Dads or kids?

polarbear22

quality posts: 35 Private Messages polarbear22
mother wrote:Yeah, Australia...

Hey globetrotter. Sent an e-mail to your work address. Scheduling a woot gathering.

Polar bears are meant to be clever, very clever. They are the Einsteins of the bear community. - Anonymous
Please donate to the 2014 MS Bike Ride
Want to read what SonomaBouliste has to say about wine?
Ddeuddeg Cheesecake Cookbook
My Cellar

edthebedhead

quality posts: 4 Private Messages edthebedhead
bhodilee wrote:Is this a "I can't believe it" type of student, or a I can't believe this happened, but I'm about zero surprised it was that kid that did it type student?

Also, nothing say's bonding like "felony"

Haha. Nice.

cheron98

quality posts: 123 Private Messages cheron98
bhodilee wrote:miles ahead to wait and see if the basic kindle drops in price again or see about a furby on warehousedeals.com

... i can usually understand your inebriated posts, but apparently drug-addled bowtie is beyond me.

I saw HitAnyKey42 on wine.woot! and clicked "I want one!"

edthebedhead

quality posts: 4 Private Messages edthebedhead
Cesare wrote:Woot cellars on Plus!

Yeah, thinking about it. Perhaps the dozen. But not sure yet. Might be good to have for the holidays.

InFrom

quality posts: 33 Private Messages InFrom
cheron98 wrote:... i can usually understand your inebriated posts, but apparently drug-addled bowtie is beyond me.

Hey, I'm game, let's see...
"Miles ahead" is clearly a reference to today's Woot wine writeup, the Robert Frost parody. It evokes the other Frost poem everyone learns in school, with its haunting final refrain, "And miles to go before I sleep". It appears that the author may in fact have been asleep when writing this. A Graphosomnia diagnosis should be ruled out.

"Furby" is in part an attempt to alert readers to the expected return of the erstwhile, must-have, holiday toy, which somehow in the author's confused mind equates with the notion of a refurbished item, available from an alternate tributary of the Big River.

Hope that helps.

bhodilee

quality posts: 32 Private Messages bhodilee
cheron98 wrote:... i can usually understand your inebriated posts, but apparently drug-addled bowtie is beyond me.

Basic fire was 129 a week ago or so. Might very well drop like that again. A refurb on warehouse deals.com (amazon clearance site) may also be an option. Basically, I know 50 bucks is 50% more than the budget, but at $100 price point you're better off getting them an amazon gc and telling them to make up the difference

Edit: you could also set the hundred bucks on fire, preferably in your condo.

"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it."

– George Bernard Shaw, author (1856-1950)

bhodilee

quality posts: 32 Private Messages bhodilee
InFrom wrote:Hey, I'm game, let's see...
"Miles ahead" is clearly a reference to today's Woot wine writeup, the Robert Frost parody. It evokes the other Frost poem everyone learns in school, with its haunting final refrain, "And miles to go before I sleep". It appears that the author may in fact have been asleep when writing this. A Graphosomnia diagnosis should be ruled out.

"Furby" is in part an attempt to alert readers to the expected return of the erstwhile, must-have, holiday toy, which somehow in the author's confused mind equates with the notion of a refurbished item, available from an alternate tributary of the Big River.

Hope that helps.

You danced all around it. I didn't read the write up so that was pure coincidence, I've always referred to refurbished stuff as furbys, cause they both have a tendency to suck. The tributary was spot on though. Bravo.

For the record, I had yet to ingest drugs at that point. Incoherence is my norm, you'd think you folks would have figured that out by now

"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it."

– George Bernard Shaw, author (1856-1950)

InFrom

quality posts: 33 Private Messages InFrom
bhodilee wrote:You danced all around it. I didn't read the write up so that was pure coincidence, I've always referred to refurbished stuff as furbys, cause they both have a tendency to suck. The tributary was spot on though. Bravo.

For the record, I had yet to ingest drugs at that point. Incoherence is my norm, you'd think you folks would have figured that out by now

And you're sure you don't suffer from graphosomnia?

winefarm

quality posts: 7 Private Messages winefarm

Hi Pubsters! I was waiting for WD to get home from basketball 'cause it seems coal to drink by myself, and then I remembered, I'm never alone. I have wine.wooters in the cyberpub! WOOT!Now, what to drink....???....

HitAnyKey42

quality posts: 29 Private Messages HitAnyKey42
winefarm wrote:Hi Pubsters! I'm was waiting for WD to get home from basketball 'cause it seems coal to drink by myself, and then I remembered, I'm never alone. I have wine.wooters in the cyberpub! WOOT!Now, what to drink....???....

Well, first of all....I would suggest not drinking coal.

EDIT: Teach me to reply quickly....that was a filter. LOL

My Cellar
In a Glorious Marriage.Woot with cheron98
NYC Tastings

winefarm

HitAnyKey42 wrote:Well, first of all....I would suggest not drinking coal.

EDIT: Teach me to reply quickly....that was a filter. LOL

It got me too....too lazy to edit. Hope you are well!

Edit: THis was post number 1111...may have to go buy a lottery ticket.

cheron98

winefarm wrote:Hi Pubsters! I was waiting for WD to get home from basketball 'cause it seems coal to drink by myself, and then I remembered, I'm never alone. I have wine.wooters in the cyberpub! WOOT!Now, what to drink....???....

WELL.

I happen to be finishing the second glass of the Phat Goose that I opened on Friday which has been simply stoppered and sitting on my counter since, after having poured out a half bottle into a half bottle. And since I'm back doing my crazy diet, I've had all of like 500 calories today to soak it up!

You are not alone, my dear! Cheers to Phatness!

cheron98

And may I ssay, it has become something REALLY awesome in the past 4 days of sucking up whatever air was in the bottle. I mean, holy crap, it's just really nice now. Like, yum.

winefarm

cheron98 wrote:WELL.

I happen to be finishing the second glass of the Phat Goose that I opened on Friday which has been simply stoppered and sitting on my counter since, after having poured out a half bottle into a half bottle. And since I'm back doing my crazy diet, I've had all of like 500 calories today to soak it up!

You are not alone, my dear! Cheers to Phatness!

AGh! Diet? Yuk! I"m proud of you, girl. I need to,too,but am trying to avoid this issue. Glad you are enjoying the PHAT. I'm actually drinking a hard cider. Will switch to whatever WD brings home. I"m trying to add more wine to the vinegar crock, but we keep drinking the wine too fast...must be gift week. I love seeing your cute face on my fridge!

cheron98

winefarm wrote:AGh! Diet? Yuk! I"m proud of you, girl. I need to,too,but am trying to avoid this issue. Glad you are enjoying the PHAT. I'm actually drinking a hard cider. Will switch to whatever WD brings home. I"m trying to add more wine to the vinegar crock, but we keep drinking the wine too fast...must be gift week. I love seeing your cute face on my fridge!

Hey HAK - take notes. Bring random wine home

There's a winery like a block away here that's part of a cider mill. They make KICK ASS hard cider. Like, I wish they could ship so I could send it to you guys and convince you to put them up here.

Why don't we get the hard ciders here? Does that get regulated under beer rather than wine?

cheron98

....and she leaves me. they always leave me! why do they always leave me?

winefarm

cheron98 wrote:....and she leaves me. they always leave me! why do they always leave me?

I'm here! I just felt really pathetic refreshing to see if I got a reply...checked out some of regular woot's site. I didn't spend much time there, but are there still photoshop contests? I used to love those...

chemvictim

quality posts: 3 Private Messages chemvictim
winefarm wrote:Hi Pubsters! I was waiting for WD to get home from basketball 'cause it seems coal to drink by myself, and then I remembered, I'm never alone. I have wine.wooters in the cyberpub! WOOT!Now, what to drink....???....

I'm having some Temptation Zin. Cheers!

Edit: aaaack it's cold!

winefarm

cheron98 wrote: Hey HAK - take notes. Bring random wine home

There's a winery like a block away here that's part of a cider mill. They make KICK ASS hard cider. Like, I wish they could ship so I could send it to you guys and convince you to put them up here.

Why don't we get the hard ciders here? Does that get regulated under beer rather than wine?

I think price point. And for the record, I called the fad of hard cider about 4 years ago. WD didn't listen. Thus, I don't have 30 apple trees like I wanted. OR a cider mill...Marriage...just saying Cheron

cheron98

winefarm wrote:I'm here! I just felt really pathetic refreshing to see if I got a reply...checked out some of regular woot's site. I didn't spend much time there, but are there still photoshop contests? I used to love those...

It's ok we can be pathetic together, refreshing the page

I haven't been to juvie woot in years. Ther forums at least. There were photoshop contests?

winefarm

chemvictim wrote:I'm having some Temptation Zin. Cheers!

Edit: aaaack it's cold!

Cheers! Paired with anything in particular?

cheron98

winefarm wrote:I think price point. And for the record, I called the fad of hard cider about 4 years ago. WD didn't listen. Thus, I don't have 30 apple trees like I wanted. OR a cider mill...Marriage...just saying Cheron

I'm still gonna marry that guy. No, not ThatGuy. I dunno if price point would really be a factor for these... I mean, they're like $13/bottle from the winery, and they're small. I bet they'd be ecstatic being able to sell at like $9 or $10/bottle here. But shipping. Boo shipping.

Seriously, they're amazing.

And hard cider is ridiculous good.

They have a cherry hard cider called Crimson Red that's just om nom, and a blueberry one that had tommy rolling in ecstasy. You gotta come visit me before I move so I can bring you there to experience these. So. freaking. Good.

cheron98

winefarm wrote:Cheers! Paired with anything in particular?

I still want to bust into that sopressata and the brie and fig spread in the fridge with the Phat Goose.

Why oh why did I have to start the diet up again like the DAY BEFORE getting that? WHY?

... oh right, because the dress came in and it was tight. RIGHT. That.

cheron98

And can I just say how it sucks that guys have it SO EASY for weddings? I mean, they don't have to really watch their figures much cuz they can get their tuxes like 2 days before and it doesn't matter. But us brides, noooo we have to order the Dress like NOW and then maintain our figure for MONTHS.

chemvictim

quality posts: 3 Private Messages chemvictim
winefarm wrote:Cheers! Paired with anything in particular?

Post-dinner, paired with nothing at all! Wheeeee!

bahwm

quality posts: 32 Private Messages bahwm
bhodilee wrote:Is this a "I can't believe it" type of student, or a I can't believe this happened, but I'm about zero surprised it was that kid that did it type student?

Also, nothing say's bonding like "felony"

Yeah. This kid is always getting into trouble. His Dad wasn't the sharpest crayon in the box back when I taught him--um, tried to teach him. The Dad resisted arrest and threatened the arresting officer, too! The manner in which they did the break-in is pretty crazy. Both of them are lucky they're still alive! Can't say any more.

May our love be like good wine, grow stronger as it grows older. ~ Old English Toast

bahwm

mommadeb1 wrote:so sad... what were they after? I wonder whose bright idea it was, the Dads or kids?

It appears like they could have been after meds from the nurse's office.

May our love be like good wine, grow stronger as it grows older. ~ Old English Toast

winefarm

Ah, yes, fitting into a wedding dress. Strong motivation. You can do it! Hmmm...yes, figure out a way to ship me some of that kick ass cider! What's the brand, maybe our new, cool, pub in Sonoma will get it somehow. I'll revisit the cider question with WD post basketball. There were AMAZING photoshop contests whose winners received monkeys..thus monkey prize. I'll look around for a link. I used to love them. I think shirt.woot kinda usurped the whole idea. Are you hanging in there with all the pre-wedding craziness? How's our boy?

winefarm

bahwm wrote:It appears like they could have been after meds from the nurse's office.

Ugh...human behavior, not so easy to change...

On another note, HI!

winefarm

chemvictim wrote:Post-dinner, paired with nothing at all! Wheeeee!

Sounds like a perfect pairing!

winefarm

Speaking of Crayons, did you see the BAndolier of Crayons as a gift idea in realsimple.com? Has to be a woot idea...

cheron98

winefarm wrote:Ah, yes, fitting into a wedding dress. Strong motivation. You can do it! Hmmm...yes, figure out a way to ship me some of that kick ass cider! What's the brand, maybe our new, cool, pub in Sonoma will get it somehow. I'll revisit the cider question with WD post basketball. There were AMAZING photoshop contests whose winners received monkeys..thus monkey prize. I'll look around for a link. I used to love them. I think shirt.woot kinda usurped the whole idea. Are you hanging in there with all the pre-wedding craziness? How's our boy?

Oh I've already lost the weight I put on for Thanksgiving, so I think I'm OK now Very briefened version of the diet this time around - will probably just stop after the first 10 day cycle instead of doing 5 of them like last year. Besides, I got Christmas eating to do

Our boy is theoretically asleep. He's doing just fine though At least, as far as I can tell. I haven't managed to be bridezilla enough to scare him off yet!

Brand - Northville Winery. But it would be WAY more fun if you came to visit I hear there's going to be some sort of shower thing in February or something....

All in all we're doing pretty amazing with planning. Helps that the venue we picked pretty much does it all. Still need DJ and photographer. And there's that OTHER thing that I need to start calling people about, too

cheron98

winefarm wrote:Speaking of Crayons, did you see the BAndolier of Crayons as a gift idea in realsimple.com? Has to be a woot idea...

Hmmm, another "Bunch of Cheer... and the "Bandolier of Carrots" is totally woot... I think they need to investigate and maybe wag some fingers!

Hmm... not seeing it. Got a linky link?

cheron98

winefarm wrote:Speaking of Crayons, did you see the BAndolier of Crayons as a gift idea in realsimple.com? Has to be a woot idea...

Wait, Crayons? Who was talking about Crayons?

cheron98

bahwm wrote:Yeah. This kid is always getting into trouble. His Dad wasn't the sharpest crayon in the box back when I taught him--um, tried to teach him. The Dad resisted arrest and threatened the arresting officer, too! The manner in which they did the break-in is pretty crazy. Both of them are lucky they're still alive! Can't say any more.

Do you find that crazy, having taught both the parent and the child?

winefarm

cheron98 wrote:Wait, Crayons? Who was talking about Crayons?

Bawhm was..."not the sharpest Crayon in the box"...

[url]http://img3.etsystatic.com/000/0/6343135/il_170x135.341255983.jpg[url]

EDIT...ok, I've completely forgotten how to post in these forums.

bahwm

winefarm wrote:Ugh...human behavior, not so easy to change...

On another note, HI!

Hi WF! We're drinking with you! We had a Shakespeare Board Meeting tonight--I had one for Exec and then off to a two hour choir rehearsal! I am spent! We finished off the 2007 Arrowhead Spring Reserve Meritage that we opened to have with our homemade Potato Leek Soup. The wine was not like a Cali Meritage, unfortunately. The grapes were grown in the Finger Lakes but the winery is about 45 minutes from us.

winefarm

bahwm wrote:Hi WF! We're drinking with you! We had a Shakespeare Board Meeting tonight--I had one for Exec and then off to a two hour choir rehearsal! I am spent! We finished off the 2007 Arrowhead Spring Reserve Meritage that we opened to have with our homemade Potato Leek Soup. The wine was not like a Cali Meritage, unfortunately. The grapes were grown in the Finger Lakes but the winery is about 45 minutes from us.

Wow, long day! Hmmm...Meritage from the Finger Lakes? Interesting. I thought Meritage was a proprietary California thing. I'm sure your soup is yummy..love to you both!