cmaldoon

quality posts: 62 Private Messages cmaldoon

PoSt AWAY!

(Woo hoo! Made a pub!).

PS sparky check PM

2014 - 20 Btl. Fjellene (10 bot), Urraca Chard (10 bot)
Last purchase: 5/3/14

2013 - 75 btl. 2012 - 98 btl. 2011 - 112 btl. 2010 - 30 btl.
My Cellar

MarkDaSpark

quality posts: 181 Private Messages MarkDaSpark

Courtesy of CJ:

cjsiege wrote:List of previous WW gatherings by area. Great reading and great examples of how to set up a Get-Together Thread.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Upcoming Woot Wine Gatherings…All The News for the week of November 25th.

December
12/8: SoCal #23: Housewarming at Chez Klez(man) (West LA/Culver City)
TBD: NYC Tasting #21: A Tribute (interest thread)

January 2013
1/19: Austin #1
1/26 - 1/27: Buffalo/WNY #10: Ice Wine Festival (Niagara-on-the-Lake, Canada)

February 2013
2/22: 2013 Dark & Delicious (Alameda, CA)
2/23 - 2/25: 2013 D&D Napa/Sonoma Weekend

Pending
TBD: NorCal: Volcanic Terroir and/or Eastern European Finds
TBD: NorCal: Wheelbarrow o' Wine
TBD: Dallas #11
TBD: Arizona Verde Valley Winery Weekend

No events in your area??? Start one! Create an interest thread in the World of Wine Woot Community Tab.

So join or create a WW Gathering!

Someone has to put WD's kids thru college, but why does it have to be me!
*This post is for purposes of enabling only, and does not constitute any promise of helping pay for said enabling. It does indicate willingness to assist in drinking said wine.

MarkDaSpark

cmaldoon wrote:POST AWAY!

(Woo hoo! Made a pub!).

PS sparky check PM

Done and Replied.

However, the correct first post should read "PoSt away!"

*This post is for purposes of enabling only, and does not constitute any promise of helping pay for said enabling. It does indicate willingness to assist in drinking said wine.

cheron98

quality posts: 123 Private Messages cheron98
MarkDaSpark wrote:Done and Replied.

However, the correct first post should read "PoSt away!"

Oh P'Shaw. Let him have his glory moment

I saw HitAnyKey42 on wine.woot! and clicked "I want one!"

otolith

quality posts: 22 Private Messages otolith
cheron98 wrote:Oh P'Shaw. Let him have his glory moment

No kidding! Not all of us are PSychos.

"When we try to pick out anything by itself, we find it hitched to everything else in the universe."
--John Muir

trifecta

quality posts: 72 Private Messages trifecta
otolith wrote:No kidding! Not all of us are PSychos.

Why not?

Cesare

quality posts: 1592 Private Messages Cesare

Woot cellars on Plus!

-il Cesare
Sole Absolute Triple
Exalted High Tastemaster Supreme
“In the entire world there are only a few sounds that bring joy to all but the most jaded. One is the murmur of a kitten purring. Another is the thwack of a well-pitched baseball hitting a perfectly swung bat. And the third is the pop of a cork being pulled from a bottle of wine.” —George Taber

otolith

trifecta wrote:Why not?

Why?

"When we try to pick out anything by itself, we find it hitched to everything else in the universe."
--John Muir

MarkDaSpark

otolith wrote:No kidding! Not all of us are PSychos.

That's just crazy!

joelsisk

quality posts: 8 Private Messages joelsisk
Cesare wrote:Woot cellars on Plus!

including "library"... how many times have we heard that there was no more D'ontspille?

MarkDaSpark

otolith wrote:Why?

Why not?

joelsisk

wasn't someone just inquiring about tablets for around $100? daily deal on a tablet

$109 shipped.
incomplete specs:
SVP MID 9" Android 4.0 ICS Tablet PC Capacitive Touch Screen 1.3GHz 4GB 512MB DDR RAM WiFi Camera

joelsisk

and a whole baconsalt woot plus store...

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 560 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

MarkDaSpark wrote:Why not?

Because.

Customer Service: support@woot.com ••• Allow 1-2 business days for response.
••• ► Woot's Return Policy
◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

otolith

Why?

--John Muir

MarkDaSpark

ThunderThighs wrote:Because.

Why?

Edit: Hey! I passed 20k posts, where's my celebratory thread??

MarkDaSpark

otolith wrote:Why?

Why not?

cheron98

Oh stop it, you two Just because some people do not understand the beauty that is PS does not mean that either is right or wrong. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, no matter how misguided it may be

HitAnyKey42

quality posts: 29 Private Messages HitAnyKey42

Today is getting painful...SEVEN woot orders have been placed so far today. Oiy Vey!

And I somehow doubt that I'm done.

My Cellar
In a Glorious Marriage.Woot with cheron98
NYC Tastings

HitAnyKey42

joelsisk wrote:wasn't someone just inquiring about tablets for around $100? daily deal on a tablet

$109 shipped.
incomplete specs:
SVP MID 9" Android 4.0 ICS Tablet PC Capacitive Touch Screen 1.3GHz 4GB 512MB DDR RAM WiFi Camera

Thanks! I'll point this out to my mom....

So for any of you that know anything at all about some of the tech companies out there and specs and such like that....does this seem like it's at least a somewhat decent piece of equipment? Initial inspection looks like it should do what my aunt needs.

My Cellar
NYC Tastings

mommadeb1

quality posts: 17 Private Messages mommadeb1
HitAnyKey42 wrote:Today is getting painful...SEVEN woot orders have been placed so far today. Oiy Vey!

And I somehow doubt that I'm done.

wow!! I'm impressed!! I have only made 1 purchase today.... trying to behave myself.... ha ha ha

edit: I am trying to convince myself that I "need" the woot wine that is up right now... I already ordered the twisted offer for my christmas present... I wonder how many presents I can buy for myself before people start talking.... heeee heee

cheron98

mommadeb1 wrote:wow!! I'm impressed!! I have only made 1 purchase today.... trying to behave myself.... ha ha ha

edit: I am trying to convince myself that I "need" the woot wine that is up right now... I already ordered the twisted offer for my christmas present... I wonder how many presents I can buy for myself before people start talking.... heeee heee

If you like Twisted, you'll like this one. That's all I have to say about that.

Also, I may not be totally innocent in the 7 HAK purchases today...

HitAnyKey42

cheron98 wrote:If you like Twisted, you'll like this one. That's all I have to say about that.

And it would have been more if I hadn't had to go out for an appointment this morning, and a bunch of the chocolates sold out before I could get to them.

My Cellar
NYC Tastings

polarbear22

quality posts: 35 Private Messages polarbear22

How the hell do you send a gift with this new set up? It tells me I already ordered. You used to be able to order and send a gift.

Polar bears are meant to be clever, very clever. They are the Einsteins of the bear community. - Anonymous
Please donate to the 2014 MS Bike Ride
Want to read what SonomaBouliste has to say about wine?
Ddeuddeg Cheesecake Cookbook
My Cellar

otolith

cheron98 wrote:Oh stop it, you two Just because some people do not understand the beauty that is PS does not mean that either is right or wrong. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, no matter how misguided it may be

OK, mom. :blush:

--John Muir

bahwm

quality posts: 28 Private Messages bahwm

We had a break-in at our school early Sat. morning. The perbs were caught: a current 7th grade student in our school and his father!

May our love be like good wine, grow stronger as it grows older. ~ Old English Toast

rjquillin

quality posts: 170 Private Messages rjquillin
polarbear22 wrote:How the hell do you send a gift with this new set up? It tells me I already ordered. You used to be able to order and send a gift.

And I thought it was just me having that problem!

CT

kylemittskus

quality posts: 229 Private Messages kylemittskus
bahwm wrote:We had a break-in at our school early Sat. morning. The perbs were caught: a current 7th grade student in our school and his father!

Unbelievable. I fear for our future.

"If drinking is bitter, change yourself to wine." -Rainer Maria Rilke

"Champagne is a very kind and friendly thing on a rainy night." -Isak Dinesen

klezman

quality posts: 120 Private Messages klezman
HitAnyKey42 wrote:Thanks! I'll point this out to my mom....

So for any of you that know anything at all about some of the tech companies out there and specs and such like that....does this seem like it's at least a somewhat decent piece of equipment? Initial inspection looks like it should do what my aunt needs.

I don't know this company specifically, but it sounds like it's about as powerful as my current smartphone. Same amount of memory and roughly processor speed (unless that one is dual core). It won't be speedy, but it should be fine for web browsing and basic usage.

7 woot orders today?! How??

2014: 28 bottles. Last wine.woot: Scott Harvey Red Re-Mix
2013: 66 bottles, 2012: 91 bottles, 2011: 92 bottles, 2010: 74 bottles, 2009: 30 bottles, 2008: 3 bottles My CT

klezman

kylemittskus wrote:Unbelievable. I fear for our future.

+1

2013: 66 bottles, 2012: 91 bottles, 2011: 92 bottles, 2010: 74 bottles, 2009: 30 bottles, 2008: 3 bottles My CT

klezman

cheron98 wrote:If you like Twisted, you'll like this one. That's all I have to say about that.

Eeenteresting...I was not reading much that convinced me it was my style, to be honest. But obviously I'm a fan of TO. Oh well. I didn't need more wine anyway

ThunderThighs

Staff

MarkDaSpark wrote:Why?

Edit: Hey! I passed 20k posts, where's my celebratory thread??

CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

ThunderThighs

Staff

polarbear22 wrote:How the hell do you send a gift with this new set up? It tells me I already ordered. You used to be able to order and send a gift.

It's on the "Review Your Order Details" page on wine.woot only.

MarkDaSpark

ThunderThighs wrote:Late and insufficient recognition

Too little, too late. And it's not even in it's own thread!!!

It's not like I have over 58k posts like some chatty people.

bhodilee

quality posts: 32 Private Messages bhodilee
bahwm wrote:We had a break-in at our school early Sat. morning. The perbs were caught: a current 7th grade student in our school and his father!

Is this a "I can't believe it" type of student, or a I can't believe this happened, but I'm about zero surprised it was that kid that did it type student?

Also, nothing say's bonding like "felony"

"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it."

– George Bernard Shaw, author (1856-1950)

bhodilee

Did the Afrin/Neti cycle for three days, still felt like complete and total hell. Went to the Dr. ended up with whatever a Z-pack is, roids and cough syrup with Codeine.

Now, having always limited my drug intake to include sparse prescription, and otc drugs and zero illegal drugs, this codeine crap makes me understand why people take drugs.

The roids however actually make me sweat. A lot. I do not like roids.

"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it."

bhodilee

klezman wrote:I don't know this company specifically, but it sounds like it's about as powerful as my current smartphone. Same amount of memory and roughly processor speed (unless that one is dual core). It won't be speedy, but it should be fine for web browsing and basic usage.

7 woot orders today?! How??

miles ahead to wait and see if the basic kindle drops in price again or see about a furby on warehousedeals.com

polarbear22

quality posts: 35 Private Messages polarbear22
ThunderThighs wrote:It's on the "Review Your Order Details" page on wine.woot only.

I was there. Mighty difficult as I have to re-enter everything to add a gift address. Then it won't let me send two as I already ordered two. That was my real problem. You used to be able to order max and gift an additional max. Now the two combined are limited. Had to use the wife's account, and pay the extra shipping.

Bottom line, harder to give gifts now.

Polar bears are meant to be clever, very clever. They are the Einsteins of the bear community. - Anonymous
Please donate to the 2014 MS Bike Ride
Want to read what SonomaBouliste has to say about wine?
Ddeuddeg Cheesecake Cookbook
My Cellar

bahwm

quality posts: 28 Private Messages bahwm

Dateline Buffalo: December 4, 2012 9:04 AM Temperature: 62 degrees!

May our love be like good wine, grow stronger as it grows older. ~ Old English Toast

coynedj

quality posts: 7 Private Messages coynedj
bahwm wrote:Dateline Buffalo: December 4, 2012 9:04 AM Temperature: 62 degrees!

Typical December day in Buffalo!

I started out on Burgundy but soon hit the harder stuff. Bob Dylan, Just Like Tom Thumb's Blues

How on earth did I get 7 QPs?