WootBot

quality posts: 15 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

Just Joshin California Red Table Wine(4)

Speed to First Woot:
3m 0.667s
First Sucker:
mochamix79
Last Wooter to Woot:
netasset61
Last Purchase:
2 years ago
Order Pace (rank):
Bottom 31% of Wine Woots
Bottom 38% of all Woots
Woots Sold (rank):
Bottom 46% of Wine Woots
Bottom 48% of all Woots

Purchaser Experience

• 4% first woot
  • 2% second woot
  • 15% < 10 woots
  • 19% < 25 woots
  • 60% ≥ 25 woots

Purchaser Seniority

• 4% joined today
  • 0% one week old
  • 2% one month old
  • 16% one year old
  • 78% > one year old

Quantity Breakdown

• 84% bought 1
  • 11% bought 2
  • 6% bought 3

Percentage of Sales Per Hour

6%
2%
2%
1%
1%
4%
8%
7%
11%
4%
8%
5%
6%
2%
5%
5%
1%
4%
1%
2%
6%
1%
4%
5%
12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

Woots by State

zero wooters wootinglots of wooters wooting

Quality Posts

Cesare

quality posts: 1676 Private Messages Cesare

Just Joshin California Red Table Wine 4-Pack
$59.99 (Normally $99.20) 40% off List Price
2010 Just Joshin California Red Table Wine
CT link above

Previous offer:
10/24/12 (Woot-off)

-il Cesare
Sole Absolute Triple
Exalted High Tastemaster Supreme
“In the entire world there are only a few sounds that bring joy to all but the most jaded. One is the murmur of a kitten purring. Another is the thwack of a well-pitched baseball hitting a perfectly swung bat. And the third is the pop of a cork being pulled from a bottle of wine.” —George Taber

mochamix79

quality posts: 11 Private Messages mochamix79

Ornaments Make Festive Garland!!! First Time Sucker! YAY! I'll be honest, I only got this because I look for wines with my friends' names on them, and a dear friend of mine (Josh) loves wine! Here's to hoping we're not "joshed around".

chipgreen

quality posts: 202 Private Messages chipgreen

Previous offer 10/24/12 during wootoff, includes Q&A with winemaker Josh Stein.

JoshStein

quality posts: 14 Private Messages JoshStein
mochamix79 wrote:Ornaments Make Festive Garland!!! First Time Sucker! YAY! I'll be honest, I only got this because I look for wines with my friends' names on them, and a dear friend of mine (Josh) loves wine! Here's to hoping we're not "joshed around".

It's a good name, and it's a really good wine!

http://www.tastings.com/scout_wine.lasso?id=200442

(And my wines get better as they age)

Stein Family Wine Group

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 605 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

JoshStein wrote:It's a good name, and it's a really good wine!

http://www.tastings.com/scout_wine.lasso?id=200442

(And my wines get better as they age)

Welcome back! I see you have no life on Friday nights either?

FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except orders with Woot-Off or expedited items

Cesare

quality posts: 1676 Private Messages Cesare
ThunderThighs wrote:Welcome back! I see you have no life on Friday nights either?

Do any of us?

-il Cesare
Sole Absolute Triple
Exalted High Tastemaster Supreme
“In the entire world there are only a few sounds that bring joy to all but the most jaded. One is the murmur of a kitten purring. Another is the thwack of a well-pitched baseball hitting a perfectly swung bat. And the third is the pop of a cork being pulled from a bottle of wine.” —George Taber

JoshStein

chipgreen wrote:Previous offer 10/24/12 during wootoff, includes Q&A with winemaker Josh Stein.

Thanks!

Stein Family Wine Group

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 605 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

Cesare wrote:Do any of us?

About time you showed up.

FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except orders with Woot-Off or expedited items

JoshStein

Cesare wrote:
Welcome back! I see you have no life on Friday nights either?

Do any of us?

I resemble those remarks, you two!

In all seriousness, if my wine is here, I am here!

Stein Family Wine Group

chipgreen

JoshStein wrote:I resemble those remarks, you two!

In all seriousness, if my wine is here, I am here!

Hey Josh, I don't think I've ever had a Cab/Zin before, what made you decide on this blend?

JoshStein

chipgreen wrote:Hey Josh, I don't think I've ever had a Cab/Zin before, what made you decide on this blend?

It's the question of the hour, for sure. In Napa, it's an often-seen combo because the Zin adds spice and plumpness to the Cab, which adds length and dials back a bit of the Zin aggression. But these are also usually not inexpensive given the neighborhood. We wanted a similar flavor profile but at a much more reasonable price so that it would be a daily drinker. The original Italian immigrants who planted the North Bay planted to a mix of French (Cab) and Italian (Zin aka Primitivo) for that reason--the two together can make a really lovely combination.

Stein Family Wine Group

chipgreen

JoshStein wrote:It's the question of the hour, for sure. In Napa, it's an often-seen combo because the Zin adds spice and plumpness to the Cab, which adds length and dials back a bit of the Zin aggression. But these are also usually not inexpensive given the neighborhood. We wanted a similar flavor profile but at a much more reasonable price so that it would be a daily drinker. The original Italian immigrants who planted the North Bay planted to a mix of French (Cab) and Italian (Zin aka Primitivo) for that reason--the two together can make a really lovely combination.

Thanks for the reply. I searched through some of my reds, knowing that I must have one or more Cab/Zins if it is a fairly common Napa blend.

First one I stumbled across is a second-label wine from Jeff Bundschu called Rockus Bockus, which is well loved in the wine.woot community. In fact, people have begged for its return on multiple occasions so if Just Joshin' is similar, you should get a lot of woot love.

Personally, I have spent way too much here over the past week or two but I will sleep on it! I have enjoyed your Magic Hour Moscato and would probably enjoy this one even more.

cortot20

quality posts: 159 Private Messages cortot20

I'm glad this wine got a daily deal, it seemed like it was out of left field during the October woot-off and didn't gets its proper time to poke and prod it.

CT

JoshStein

chipgreen wrote:Thanks for the reply. I searched through some of my reds, knowing that I must have one or more Cab/Zins if it is a fairly common Napa blend.

First one I stumbled across is a second-label wine from Jeff Bundschu called Rockus Bockus, which is well loved in the wine.woot community. In fact, people have begged for its return on multiple occasions so if Just Joshin' is similar, you should get a lot of woot love.

Personally, I have spent way too much here over the past week or two but I will sleep on it! I have enjoyed your Magic Hour Moscato and would probably enjoy this one even more.

Thank you for the kind words. To my knowledge, wooters have liked each of the releases we've shared.

Stein Family Wine Group

JoshStein

cortot20 wrote:I'm glad this wine got a daily deal, it seemed like it was out of left field during the October woot-off and didn't gets its proper time to poke and prod it.

Agreed! ;)

Stein Family Wine Group

schaeferr

quality posts: 7 Private Messages schaeferr
cortot20 wrote:I'm glad this wine got a daily deal, it seemed like it was out of left field during the October woot-off and didn't gets its proper time to poke and prod it.

Have any October Woot-Off-ers tried this yet? I'm wondering if any of our pals have tasting notes yet?

tdedek

quality posts: 4 Private Messages tdedek

I purchased this during the woot off and have drank two of the bottles with my wife. This is a great daily drinker for both cab and zin lovers that goes down easy and stands on its own. We normally pop and let the bottle blow off for 30-45 mins before drinking. Great harmony in this blend - strong fruits with a smooth finish benefitted by the lower alc content (13.8). Not the most complex wine, but delicious and great QPR at $15 each.

This would be an auto buy for SWMBO but we are way over our storage limit. Drinking must ensue. The day is young and I'm sure we will probably find an excuse to purchase anyway, not limited to simply promising ourselves we could easily make (drink) room for these prior to delivery in 2-3 weeks...

JoshStein

tdedek wrote:I purchased this during the woot off and have drank two of the bottles with my wife. This is a great daily drinker for both cab and zin lovers that goes down easy and stands on its own. We normally pop and let the bottle blow off for 30-45 mins before drinking. Great harmony in this blend - strong fruits with a smooth finish benefitted by the lower alc content (13.8). Not the most complex wine, but delicious and great QPR at $15 each.

Nice write up, and one I completely agree with. Thank you!

Stein Family Wine Group

JoshStein

Still here, wooters! Fire away...

Stein Family Wine Group

JoshStein

I'm reminded of a Pink Floyd lyric...

Stein Family Wine Group

rjquillin

quality posts: 183 Private Messages rjquillin
JoshStein wrote:I'm reminded of a Pink Floyd lyric...

So, so you think you can tell Heaven from Hell, Blue sky's from pain.
Can you tell a green field From a cold steel rail?
A smile from a veil?

CT

rjquillin

quality posts: 183 Private Messages rjquillin
JoshStein wrote:Still here, wooters! Fire away...

Hi Josh.
Finally listened to your voicemail and read thru comments in the woot-off thread, and Mocha gives you high accolades. One comment I noticed; "I made this in style of big fruit but so it would go with a range of foods." made me think of Parker.
Not a huge fan, liking more restrained offerings more in the rpm style. Yet your numbers look enticing. How much, if any, diddling did you have to do to achieve those, or did the grapes do that on their own.

This has been a very expensive week so far, but I'm tempted here, can you help out a bit?

CT

JoshStein

rjquillin wrote:Hi Josh.
Finally listened to your voicemail and read thru comments in the woot-off thread, and Mocha gives you high accolades. One comment I noticed; "I made this in style of big fruit but so it would go with a range of foods." made me think of Parker.
Not a huge fan, liking more restrained offerings more in the rpm style. Yet your numbers look enticing. How much, if any, diddling did you have to do to achieve those, or did the grapes do that on their own.

This has been a very expensive week so far, but I'm tempted here, can you help out a bit?

Good point. The Parker wines are big because they're over-ripe, and they end up syrupy from high alc, glycerine, and residual sugar.

I don't do any of that.

I use blending as the key. That's how it was done by spiritual and real-world wine mentors here and in Europe--and for a reason.

If you have good grapes at the right chemistry, there's very little winemaker voodoo necessary behind the scenes.

I made no acid corrections here. I simply blended the right way to give a wine which delivers up front ala a big Cab or Zin, but which doesn't have the burn or the sweetness because the structure through acidity and pH are where they need to be.

The benefit of this style of winemaking is that the wines get better as they age because there's something to age on: fun now or later!

Stein Family Wine Group

tytiger58

quality posts: 74 Private Messages tytiger58
rjquillin wrote:Hi Josh.

Interesting an "rpm" style of wine.

What contemptible scoundrel stole the cork from my lunch? ~ W. C. Fields

“Freedom is something that dies unless it's used” Hunter S Thompson