nanetteatsalutesante

quality posts: 3 Private Messages nanetteatsalutesante
marbaulo wrote:Drizzle over hummus and mix your countries! slices of ripe tomatoes and buffalo mozzarella -especially if you got the balsamic.

If its cookingoil you want, try the Salute Santé! Grapeseed Oil!

nanetteatsalutesante

losthighwayz wrote:Any comments on the grpeseed oils? Curious about trying but uneasy about their taste and whether id enjoy them. Also, waht about the rubs? Thanks!

No need to fear - these oils are incredibly versitale! We call our infused flavors the Perfect Liquid Spice - just marinate, drizzle or dip with bread! The can is our cooking oil for high heat and the extra virgin cold pressed is our supreme oil - the perfect finishing oil! High health benefits and delicious too!

nanetteatsalutesante

ThunderThighs wrote:Whoops, sorry about the confusion. It is supposed to be Basil as pictured and noted in the features. I've sent an email to get the specs updated.

Thanks for pointing that out!

Yes, a shame, but the basil is super - drizzled over pasta, cheese or salads. But if it is the roasted garlic you must have, we have plenty of it available if you desire some - just go to www.grapeseedoil.com

pitamuffin

quality posts: 12 Private Messages pitamuffin

Unlocked free shipping today with the salted caramels over on home, and of course I had to take advantage of that free shipping. So now we'll be trying the peppermint crunch as well.

InFrom

quality posts: 31 Private Messages InFrom

Darn, I was hoping to have the olive oil in time to give as a gift to my host for the 1st night of Chanukah (tomorrow night), but alas it hasn't even shipped yet. It's gonna take a miracle...

kylemittskus

quality posts: 231 Private Messages kylemittskus
pitamuffin wrote:Unlocked free shipping today with the salted caramels over on home, and of course I had to take advantage of that free shipping. So now we'll be trying the peppermint crunch as well.

Soooooo good.

"If drinking is bitter, change yourself to wine." -Rainer Maria Rilke

"Champagne is a very kind and friendly thing on a rainy night." -Isak Dinesen

inkycatz

quality posts: 105 Private Messages inkycatz
InFrom wrote:Darn, I was hoping to have the olive oil in time to give as a gift to my host for the 1st night of Chanukah (tomorrow night), but alas it hasn't even shipped yet. It's gonna take a miracle...

Also: for your situation.

I'm just hanging out, really.

neilfindswine

quality posts: 170 Private Messages neilfindswine

Guest Blogger

inkycatz wrote:

Also: for your situation.

Wow. Nice usage of a Mike & the Mechanics video/song/lyric, something I try to do on a weekly basis.

I report to winedavid39...
...I like getting PM's from wannabe rodents...

southcutt

quality posts: 14 Private Messages southcutt

Any idea when we can expect shipping on the extra-extra-virgin olive oil and the (near)balsamic vinegar? I was hoping to give some of each as gifts next weekend.

North316

quality posts: 107 Private Messages North316
southcutt wrote:Any idea when we can expect shipping on the extra-extra-virgin olive oil and the (near)balsamic vinegar? I was hoping to give some of each as gifts next weekend.

I'm guessing they will go out Monday, but that is just a guess. These were all meant to ship in time for x-mas, so I would think that would mean we should all receive them by Friday.

My CT
"Trust your homies on the net", Clark Smith.
R.I.P. Inkycatz - Feb. 2013

countdown

quality posts: 14 Private Messages countdown

Still waiting on my pecan caramels. Sent an email to support, got a meaningless answer. Replied. Waiting. Waiting, waiting, waiting.

fgarriel

quality posts: 21 Private Messages fgarriel

grumble grumble. I really need these for gifts this weekend.

All pending, or with tracking numbers but shipper hasn't received package:

3x Peppermint Velvet Candy Crunch
3x Salted Caramels (shipped, no record with shipper)
3x Olive oil
3x Caramel Pecan Patties

I'm crossing my fingers that the originators just haven't entered the shipping info or something.

North316

countdown wrote:Still waiting on my pecan caramels. Sent an email to support, got a meaningless answer. Replied. Waiting. Waiting, waiting, waiting.

Relax. These will arrive in time for x-mas. X-mas is two weeks away...

My CT

countdown

North316 wrote:Relax. These will arrive in time for x-mas. X-mas is two weeks away...

Who gives chocolates on Christmas day? As a main gift or something? No, these are going to be "thanks for having me to stay" gifts, which means I will need them before Christmas day. Honestly though, never even heard of giving chocolate on Christmas besides in a stocking. It's always been given in the run-up to Christmas in my experience. But thanks anyway for that very helpful contribution there.

North316

countdown wrote:Who gives chocolates on Christmas day? As a main gift or something? No, these are going to be "thanks for having me to stay" gifts, which means I will need them before Christmas day. Honestly though, never even heard of giving chocolate on Christmas besides in a stocking. It's always been given in the run-up to Christmas in my experience. But thanks anyway for that very helpful contribution there.

I didn't say that. My point was that these were promised to arrive in time for Christmas. Though they still may, they were not promised to arrive a week before Christmas or 10 days before Christmas. Those that purchased under that presumption will either be happy if they do arrive in that time frame, or angry at themselves for assuming what was not stated as such.

My CT

countdown

North316 wrote:I didn't say that. My point was that these were promised to arrive in time for Christmas. Though they still may, they were not promised to arrive a week before Christmas or 10 days before Christmas. Those that purchased under that presumption will either be happy if they do arrive in that time frame, or angry at themselves for assuming what was not stated as such.

I would say that "in time for Christmas" does not equate to Christmas eve. If it did, they probably should have just stated it explicitly. Since they didn't, seems pretty open to interpretation. Either way I am just not impressed to have received half a dozen other items that I actually ordered days afterward arrive at my place before this even has shipped. Regardless of what was "promised" it is inconsistent and causes me to question whether my order is indeed being processed. Which is not a pleasant experience. But thank goodness you were here to tell me to relax. No idea what I would do without the generous help of such strangers. Happy holidays.

North316

countdown wrote:I would say that "in time for Christmas" does not equate to Christmas eve. If it did, they probably should have just stated it explicitly. Since they didn't, seems pretty open to interpretation. Either way I am just not impressed to have received half a dozen other items that I actually ordered days afterward arrive at my place before this even has shipped. Regardless of what was "promised" it is inconsistent and causes me to question whether my order is indeed being processed. Which is not a pleasant experience. But thank goodness you were here to tell me to relax. No idea what I would do without the generous help of such strangers. Happy holidays.

You must be new to wine.woot then, and I am sure all of your other items that you received were from other woot sites. The shipping process is different here, as items are not shipped from an amazon distribution center, but rather from the vendors themselves, who often times are making the items to order. The typical wine.woot items takes 2-3 weeks from order to delivery; not 3-5 days like the other sites.

My CT

llrpurch

quality posts: 6 Private Messages llrpurch

I too was hoping to have this arriving this week so they could be used as holiday gifts for clients and friends who stop by. Usually we would at least have shipping info by now. The perishables for sure should have shipped yesterday so they don't sit over a weekend. Fingers crossed that shipping info starts to show up tonight.

ANDDDD...while I was typing this I got the confirmation of the balsamic had shipped so it looks like the shipping floodgates are creaking open!!!! WhooHoo!!!!

Riari

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Riari
llrpurch wrote:I too was hoping to have this arriving this week so they could be used as holiday gifts for clients and friends who stop by. Usually we would at least have shipping info by now. The perishables for sure should have shipped yesterday so they don't sit over a weekend. Fingers crossed that shipping info starts to show up tonight.

ANDDDD...while I was typing this I got the confirmation of the balsamic had shipped so it looks like the shipping floodgates are creaking open!!!! WhooHoo!!!!

Yeah I was hoping to have some kind of shipping info by now. I would like to have these by the 21st. By these, I mean the pecan caramels.

Hopefully we'll get info in the next few days.

countdown

Riari wrote:Yeah I was hoping to have some kind of shipping info by now. I would like to have these by the 21st. By these, I mean the pecan caramels.

Hopefully we'll get info in the next few days.

Apparently the trick is to just "relax". Just ask North316. Although he only seems to be offering his astoundingly insightful advice to me despite about half a dozen other clearly frustrated people posting.

On the subject of when it ships. First there is a staff comment in this thread stating clearly that these items will not follow the regular wine.woot shipping schedule. Also, in the useless reply from support that I mentioned earlier, they say it should have shipped within five business days.

CAGrl

quality posts: 13 Private Messages CAGrl
countdown wrote:Apparently the trick is to just "relax". Just ask North316. Although he only seems to be offering his astoundingly insightful advice to me despite about half a dozen other clearly frustrated people posting.

On the subject of when it ships. First there is a staff comment in this thread stating clearly that these items will not follow the regular wine.woot shipping schedule. Also, in the useless reply from support that I mentioned earlier, they say it should have shipped within five business days.

Woot Plus orders usually don't ship until the offer closes which in this case was yesterday 9 a.m. CT. And they also didn't say 2 weeks before Christmas. It was just stated that it'll be delivered by Christmas. So people relax. It'll get here. If you had a specific deadline, you should have asked if it'll get here by the xx date or something.

Oh and not addressing you only. Just easiest one to hit reply to since it was the last one.

kylemittskus

quality posts: 231 Private Messages kylemittskus
countdown wrote:I would say that "in time for Christmas" does not equate to Christmas eve.

Uh... it kind of does. Since Christmas is a specific day, if you're items arrive on Christmas Eve -- which for all of you who are keeping track, is before Christmas -- then the items would be "in time for Christmas."

"If drinking is bitter, change yourself to wine." -Rainer Maria Rilke

"Champagne is a very kind and friendly thing on a rainy night." -Isak Dinesen

true559

quality posts: 23 Private Messages true559

I've never seen people get so anxious over candy and nuts. You'd think we were talking about medical supplies. Trust me guys, they will arrive before Xmas and more than likely arrive next week some time. Relax and drink a glass of your favorite wine(purchased on winewoot of course).

fgarriel

true559 wrote:I've never seen people get so anxious over candy and nuts.

I can't speak for everyone else, but I purchased lots of candy - like $300 worth. I intend to mix them up and break them down into host/hostess gift sized boxes and hand them out as small gifts to teachers, personal trainers, dance instructors, day care providers, host/hostess gifts, mail carriers, co-workers, and anywhere else a high quality impersonal gift is appropriate.

The expectation of getting them earlier was set in the previous few years when we bought this stuff during gift week.

I ordered on 12/4. Certainly by now they should've shipped. They start losing their usefulness for me as of this Friday. Holiday parties are mainly this weekend because the weekend directly before Christmas will mostly be spent with families.

Also considering that the discount/break we got on these was about $5 less per item than it was last year I think it behooves Woot or their sub-contractors/suppliers to upgrade the shipping.

At least for me.

*** To be fair & honest, last year I only ordered the salted caramels on 12/8 and they were delivered 12/20. I'd still like the items this weekend, but it some of my discontent may be misplaced.

North316

fgarriel wrote:
Also considering that the discount/break we got on these was about $5 less per item than it was last year I think it behooves Woot or their sub-contractors/suppliers to upgrade the shipping.

I hate to keep being "that guy", but I do want to clarify this statement with the correct information. The olive oil and the salted caramels are the same price as last year, the peppermint chocolates are a new items, so no price change there. There was an increase of $5 on the pecan patties, but that is the only item of the 4 that you bought, not "all of them". Not sure why there was an increase there, maybe priced low last year as it was a launch item.

My CT

HitAnyKey42

quality posts: 29 Private Messages HitAnyKey42

As an FYI, the details in your Stuff You Bought list also won't necessarily be updated. For example, my order of the Maple Bacon Caramels just arrived and according to woot it's still Awaiting Shipping and I never received any email with the tracking information. So it arrived, before woot even updated anything to state that it was being shipped.
So it's likely some of your stuff will arrive before you've been notified of it being sent out.

My Cellar
In a Glorious Marriage.Woot with cheron98
NYC Tastings

Riari

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Riari
HitAnyKey42 wrote:As an FYI, the details in your Stuff You Bought list also won't necessarily be updated. For example, my order of the Maple Bacon Caramels just arrived and according to woot it's still Awaiting Shipping and I never received any email with the tracking information. So it arrived, before woot even updated anything to state that it was being shipped.
So it's likely some of your stuff will arrive before you've been notified of it being sent out.

I just got a shipping notice for the pecan caramels so those are going out.

inkycatz

quality posts: 105 Private Messages inkycatz
Riari wrote:I just got a shipping notice for the pecan caramels so those are going out.

There we go! :D

I'm just hanging out, really.

fgarriel

My stuff just got pushed to shipped and at least some of it is registered in the shipper's DB with estimated arrival dates. Not as quick as I was hoping, but it'll work.

spammie

quality posts: 7 Private Messages spammie
true559 wrote:I've never seen people get so anxious over candy and nuts. You'd think we were talking about medical supplies. Trust me guys, they will arrive before Xmas and more than likely arrive next week some time. Relax and drink a glass of your favorite wine(purchased on winewoot of course).

LOL, I'm not anxious over candy or nuts - I'm anxious over the Kent Rasmussen Esoterica Vermelho Forte that hasn't shipped yet. So really, almost like medical supplies.

anthgothlz

quality posts: 2 Private Messages anthgothlz

Ordered the Creminelli Artisan Salami pack eleven days ago. Still not shipped.

Was hoping this would get here so I could mail it off in time for a bundled Xmas gift, but I doubt it will. Eleven days to get shipped? I wish there were some kind of notification it would take that long.

I've asked to cancel the order and get a refund. All these years of Wooting, never had anything take this long to get put into a box and mailed to me.

I am disappoint.

carverlv

quality posts: 3 Private Messages carverlv
anthgothlz wrote:Ordered the Creminelli Artisan Salami pack eleven days ago. Still not shipped.

Was hoping this would get here so I could mail it off in time for a bundled Xmas gift, but I doubt it will. Eleven days to get shipped? I wish there were some kind of notification it would take that long.

Ditto that...these are for gifts that need to be mailed and while I realize wine.woot takes longer to ship due to the nature of the vendors, everything else bought during Gift Week has at least shipped, most have been received or are delivering today.
Wine.woot is at the mercy of the vendor. I'd bet Creminelli is where the disconnect is.
Still.....if it's not shipped or gonna make it by Monday it would be good to know so I can go on and ship without it.

North316

anthgothlz wrote:Ordered the Creminelli Artisan Salami pack eleven days ago. Still not shipped.

I've asked to cancel the order and get a refund. All these years of Wooting, never had anything take this long to get put into a box and mailed to me.

I am disappoint.

You may have ordered it 11 days ago, but the deal ended 4 days ago. All orders are processed on the day the deal ends. Typically wine.woot orders take 2-3 weeks to receive, those these were promised in time for x-mas so the shipping is a little fast (from the time the deal ends). It has only been 4 days from the deal end-date. I agree, some of this should be explained better, however, as I stated earlier, it was stated that these would arrive by x-mas, not 2 weeks before x-mas. This is wine.woot, and not the other woot sites which ship in 3-5 days.

My CT

true559

spammie wrote:LOL, I'm not anxious over candy or nuts - I'm anxious over the Kent Rasmussen Esoterica Vermelho Forte that hasn't shipped yet. So really, almost like medical supplies.

True that !

true559

spammie wrote:LOL, I'm not anxious over candy or nuts - I'm anxious over the Kent Rasmussen Esoterica Vermelho Forte that hasn't shipped yet. So really, almost like medical supplies.

pentiumjen

quality posts: 13 Private Messages pentiumjen

Mine just arrived at my house. So yours should be there soon.

kbsig106

quality posts: 6 Private Messages kbsig106
carverlv wrote:Ditto that...these are for gifts that need to be mailed and while I realize wine.woot takes longer to ship due to the nature of the vendors, everything else bought during Gift Week has at least shipped, most have been received or are delivering today.
Wine.woot is at the mercy of the vendor. I'd bet Creminelli is where the disconnect is.
Still.....if it's not shipped or gonna make it by Monday it would be good to know so I can go on and ship without it.

I hope the Creminelli arrives before Christmas. Last year's woot took about the same amount of time and the salami arrived a few days before Christmas. I'm hoping this holds true again this year. If not, I'l. have more to eat for myself after Christmas I guess...

mother

quality posts: 15 Private Messages mother
North316 wrote:You may have ordered it 11 days ago, but the deal ended 4 days ago. All orders are processed on the day the deal ends.

That is a completely arbitrary decision on the part of Woot, and is beyond unwise for holiday gifts.

Also to the people who are yammering on about stuff being promised before Christmas- this was for the holidays. So many people already didn't get the gifts ordered for them.

On another note, even more really tasty stuff for me to sit around the computer eating myself now ;)

North316

mother wrote:That is a completely arbitrary decision on the part of Woot, and is beyond unwise for holiday gifts.

While I agree, it is more of a factor of the wine.woot model, rather any decision anyone made. With all of the other woot sites, items are ordered and processed/fulfilled at any number of the amazon warehouses across the country.

With wine.woot, items are shipped directly from the vendor/winery or through WCC (after receiving shipment from the winery/vendor) and thus they don't even get the order information until the deal is closed and all of the orders/labels/etc are processed by woot and provided to the winery/vendor. The wineries and vendors are simply not set-up for the sort of seamless processing that the amazon fulfillment centers are.

I think the discord here is that this information is not really stated anywhere (other than wine.woot site saying shipment is generally 2-3 weeks). People coming from the other woot sites don't know this or even think to look for such information. I only know this from gleaning various bits of information over the last couple of years.

My CT

mother

quality posts: 15 Private Messages mother
North316 wrote:While I agree, it is more of a factor of the wine.woot model, rather any decision anyone made.

This is all excuses. There is nothing that makes them run plus deals this way.