Staff

Poll: I sometimes attend wine pairing events:
  • 6.8% - To pick up chicks 82
  • 13.1% - For the free eats 159
  • 16.9% - Because I’m genuinely interested in wine 205
  • 62.6% - I never do this 759
  • 0.6% - Other (comments, please) 7
1212 votes

Well, how do you fare compared to the Zeitgeist? Chat up your fellow wooters and let us know how lame this poll was or what obvious choices we missed. For example: Was this poll a) STUPID, b) DUMB, c) POINTLESS or d) ALL OF THE ABOVE?

bacalum

quality posts: 4 Private Messages bacalum

2/3 of you have never been to a wine pairing? You should try one. Not a good place to pick up chicks, unless you're into the over-50 set; younger women are almost always already paired. Free food? Some just have hors d'ouevres to go with the food while others are full-blown meals. Why go? It's a chance to meet new, interesting people, relax, have some food and wine, learn some interesting things about food and wine, relax.... Yes, the sales people would like to make some sales, but in my experience, they have never been pushy. Informative soft-selling, so you can relax and have a good time while eating, drinking and chatting.

When rich or powerful people propose a change, it is designed to make them richer or more powerful.

bsmith1

quality posts: 102 Private Messages bsmith1

Maybe nsfw words...

Edit:
I forget how to embed utubes...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Etm-qfx3Gok

carmeltouch27

quality posts: 0 Private Messages carmeltouch27

I would think that those who haven't hadnt done it because of the very few wine pairings available. If you hadnt you should try going.

ckeilah

quality posts: 149 Private Messages ckeilah

Wine pairing--you mean like when I bring a bottle, you bring a bottle, and we put them on the same table and drink up? ;-)

Please do not increment my Quality Posts count. 69 is a good place to be. ;-)
MOD: We had to...we just HAD TO...