stonechiper

quality posts: 3 Private Messages stonechiper

Will there be one this year? Did I miss it? I've been buying the woot wine holiday themed offerings (Emergency provisions, adequate gift giving wine, Blitzen etc) for several years so now it's become a tradition and people look forward to seeing what "wacky" wine they'll get from me each year. Can anybody drop a hint?

Winedavid39

quality posts: 197 Private Messages Winedavid39

Guest Blogger

stonechiper wrote:Will there be one this year? Did I miss it? I've been buying the woot wine holiday themed offerings (Emergency provisions, adequate gift giving wine, Blitzen etc) for several years so now it's become a tradition and people look forward to seeing what "wacky" wine they'll get from me each year. Can anybody drop a hint?

Hint. stay tuned.

cheron98

quality posts: 123 Private Messages cheron98
Winedavid39 wrote:Hint. stay tuned.

Check your PMs, please

I saw HitAnyKey42 on wine.woot! and clicked "I want one!"

Cesare

quality posts: 1565 Private Messages Cesare

humbug 11/26/07
ehp 11/26/08
adequate gift 11/30/09
twas 11/26/10
blitzen 11/28/11
2012 version 12/3/12 :p

-il Cesare
Sole Absolute Triple
Exalted High Tastemaster Supreme
“In the entire world there are only a few sounds that bring joy to all but the most jaded. One is the murmur of a kitten purring. Another is the thwack of a well-pitched baseball hitting a perfectly swung bat. And the third is the pop of a cork being pulled from a bottle of wine.” —George Taber

kylemittskus

quality posts: 229 Private Messages kylemittskus

From the woot email:

Lastly, keep an eye out this coming Monday, December 3, for a PHAT holiday wine offer from the cellars nearest and dearest to our hearts.
"If drinking is bitter, change yourself to wine." -Rainer Maria Rilke

"Champagne is a very kind and friendly thing on a rainy night." -Isak Dinesen

North316

quality posts: 107 Private Messages North316
kylemittskus wrote:From the woot email: Lastly, keep an eye out this coming Monday, December 3, for a PHAT holiday wine offer from the cellars nearest and dearest to our hearts.

The plurality of cellars is throwing me off a bit. I realize it is called "Woot Cellars", but the way the email is worded, it may be multiple cellars. This and the giftweek Plus offering is going to kill me. Especially after making 8 purchases totaling over $400 in the last week alone!

My CT
"Trust your homies on the net", Clark Smith.
R.I.P. Inkycatz - Feb. 2013

clcaruthers

quality posts: 32 Private Messages clcaruthers
North316 wrote:The plurality of cellars is throwing me off a bit. I realize it is called "Woot Cellars", but the way the email is worded, it may be multiple cellars. This and the giftweek Plus offering is going to kill me. Especially after making 8 purchases totaling over $400 in the last week alone!

Want to switch jobs?!?! I'd love to be able to spend $400 a week on wine and goods !!

ROLL TIDE ROLL!!!

North316

clcaruthers wrote:Want to switch jobs?!?! I'd love to be able to spend $400 a week on wine and goods !!

Just because I spent it doesn't mean I should have....

My CT

mschauber

quality posts: 40 Private Messages mschauber

You know what would really cool:
A Wine.Woot cork board or pin board. Already on the map would be all the wineries WW had worked with, clear terroir, vineyard names, elevation, some basic climate info, and anything else I can't think of right now.

Do something like the old Encyclopaedia Britannica printed version where there's an annual update book. So We start with one map and then maybe an annual pack of stickers that we add.

I've always wanted one of those world maps to show where I've traveled to. So this would be something like that but for WW wines. It would also be a teaching tool for those of us that don't live or know the region.

Just a thought... Hope you like the idea WD, I won't even charge you for the concept, hehehe..

--
Hey you, out there in the cold; Getting lonely, getting old; Can you feel me? - Pink Floyd/Roger Waters
My CT

Winedavid39

quality posts: 197 Private Messages Winedavid39

Guest Blogger

mschauber wrote:You know what would really cool:
A Wine.Woot cork board or pin board. Already on the map would be all the wineries WW had worked with, clear terroir, vineyard names, elevation, some basic climate info, and anything else I can't think of right now.

Do something like the old Encyclopaedia Britannica printed version where there's an annual update book. So We start with one map and then maybe an annual pack of stickers that we add.

I've always wanted one of those world maps to show where I've traveled to. So this would be something like that but for WW wines. It would also be a teaching tool for those of us that don't live or know the region.

Just a thought... Hope you like the idea WD, I won't even charge you for the concept, hehehe..

it is a good idea.. not this christmas..

stonechiper

Winedavid39 wrote:Hint. stay tuned.

Hooray! I got my email newsletter and look forward to the third. Thanks!

North316

Winedavid39 wrote:it is a good idea.. not this christmas..

This christmas will be the woot cellars label posters I have been asking for for quite some time.....right?

My CT

mschauber

quality posts: 40 Private Messages mschauber
Winedavid39 wrote:it is a good idea.. not this christmas..

Maybe Hanukkah next year ;)

--
Hey you, out there in the cold; Getting lonely, getting old; Can you feel me? - Pink Floyd/Roger Waters
My CT

stonechiper

Cesare wrote:humbug 11/26/07
ehp 11/26/08
adequate gift 11/30/09
twas 11/26/10
blitzen 11/28/11
2012 version 12/3/12 :p

While the Phat Goose meets my criteria for seasonal gift giving as far as price point and fun label design, it isn't really holiday themed label art like the previous years. Truly a minor gripe, which certainly shows how casual a wine drinker I am (still, in for 2!). Now perhaps I can cross my fingers for a Sake offering sometime soon?

redwinefan

quality posts: 74 Private Messages redwinefan

Hey WD, can you share with us any info about how the Woot Cellars names & labels come about?

Are they designed by Woot central or is it something your team in Sonoma comes up with?

"You need to invest in a corkscrew. Wine is for drinking." -- Peter Wellington