computiac

quality posts: 4 Private Messages computiac
Kiashien wrote:I'd say make it just like you would with garlic, basil, and VOO and use giant chunks of fresh mozzarella. When it's done cooking, take it out, and drizzle the balsamic over it in a wavy pattern. Let rest, covered for a minute or two to let the balsamic heat up and mingle a bit, and I'd bet it would be practically cocaine at that point.

Fresh tomatoes wouldn't go wrong too.

You are a true Pie God !

Excellent choices.

Thank's,

COMPUTIAC

Winedavid39

quality posts: 200 Private Messages Winedavid39

Guest Blogger

Thanks for a great day everyone.

Love this place.

karenhynes

quality posts: 10 Private Messages karenhynes

I tried soooooo hard all day today to resist this...but since it hasn't sold out, I can resist no further. In for one!

Wine is bottled poetry - Robert Louis Stevenson

Kiashien

quality posts: 4 Private Messages Kiashien
computiac wrote:You are a true Pie God !

Excellent choices.

Thanks

I made Pizza professionally for about 3 years, so I learned a few tricks

I sling code now a days, but I never forgot how the tastes should work!

robmaeder

quality posts: 3 Private Messages robmaeder

Anyone had theirs shipped yet?

Still waiting-expectantly. =)

Hoping for pre-Christmas arrival.

MHBoston

quality posts: 4 Private Messages MHBoston
robmaeder wrote:Hoping for pre-Christmas arrival.

But if it arrives after Christmas, you can keep it for yourself!

| w ~ 41 | s.w ~ 44 | so.w ~ 7 | w.w ~ 24 | k.w ~ 1 |

robmaeder

quality posts: 3 Private Messages robmaeder
MHBoston wrote:But if it arrives after Christmas, you can keep it for yourself!

Devilish sir!

Mine just shipped!

jjhu

quality posts: 3 Private Messages jjhu

Just got mine today. Yay! Thank you woot!

elemental00

quality posts: 0 Private Messages elemental00

got my 2 bottles today. both boxes were crushed and the bottles were dislodged from the packaging (but intact). there was almost no packing material in the box so the decorative packages were just free to rattle around.

had these been for gifting they would be unusable. but they are all for me !

PemberDucky

quality posts: 41 Private Messages PemberDucky

Staff

elemental00 wrote:got my 2 bottles today. both boxes were crushed and the bottles were dislodged from the packaging (but intact). there was almost no packing material in the box so the decorative packages were just free to rattle around.

had these been for gifting they would be unusable. but they are all for me !

yikes. glad the bottles survived.

-----------------------------------------------
Not sure if you should post that? This slightly-nsfw-flowchart will help.

drewballa

quality posts: 0 Private Messages drewballa
PemberDucky wrote:yikes. glad the bottles survived.

Received mine in slightly better condition as far as the box goes, but it appears that a small portion of each bottle was frozen. Having not had this before I am not sure I will be able to tell if its any different....should I be concerned?

yammmo

quality posts: 0 Private Messages yammmo

First wine.woot purchase.
Best before date Feb, 2012.
Not a good price for expired product!

jsholle

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jsholle

Mine were damaged in shipping and FedEx could not deliver them. Woot offered a "possibility" of replacement by the winery in 4 to 6 weeks... no thanks. Reading that they were expired, glad they did not arrive now. Waiting for refund.

Winedavid39

Guest Blogger

yammmo wrote:First wine.woot purchase.

hold your horses. can't be accurate.

will advise shortly.

Winedavid39

Guest Blogger

yammmo wrote:First wine.woot purchase.

**** best before 2025 ****

That's what the bottle states if you look at the fine print. i'm double checking this, but the " 21. 09. 12 may be when the balsamic was bottled. i can see how that can be misleading.

This is unconditionaly NOT a "best by" issue.

SirLord

quality posts: 3 Private Messages SirLord
Winedavid39 wrote:**** best before 2025 ****
... i can see how that can be misleading.

Good to hear. This was confusing for me as well.

karyn1

quality posts: 2 Private Messages karyn1

Mine also says 2025. This stuff is soooo good! I don't think it's going to last too long. I should have bought more.

pengu1n

quality posts: 13 Private Messages pengu1n
Winedavid39 wrote:**** best before 2025 ****

That's what the bottle states if you look at the fine print. i'm double checking this, but the " 21. 09. 12 may be when the balsamic was bottled. i can see how that can be misleading.

I didn't find it confusing at all. Kind of assumed that the 2025 was the best buy date with the Feb 2012 being the bottling date.

In any case, I wouldn't store this in the fridge. I did this with my very first bottle I got from wine.woor (from 2009), and it did crystalize the sugars after it was in the fridge for a couple months. Casa De Case sent me a new bottle and told me to experiment with the first one. I was able to warm it up in a water bath, shake the hell out of it, and get then sugars to go back into the vinegar and it still tasted great. Awesome customer service by the seller and kind of a fun experiment to boot.

Figured I would toss that warning out there in case you had ideas of cold storing it in the fridge to keep the fruit flies away.

WESTBROOKS101

quality posts: 0 Private Messages WESTBROOKS101

I bought one bottle on woot $39.95, then a week later on food network the same package is $ 25.00 or a case for $ 135.00 (6). Woot you are not always the best deal ??

mjobrien

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mjobrien
drewballa wrote:Received mine in slightly better condition as far as the box goes, but it appears that a small portion of each bottle was frozen. Having not had this before I am not sure I will be able to tell if its any different....should I be concerned?

Second this. My bottle was frozen solid in my mailbox. I love this stuff and am intending to give this bottle as a gift. But if the quality is compromised by freezing, I may have to reconsider.

Winedavid39

Guest Blogger

WESTBROOKS101 wrote:I bought one bottle on woot $39.95, then a week later on food network the same package is $ 25.00 or a case for $ 135.00 (6). Woot you are not always the best deal ??

i have to think it was the less expensive version, unless they charged $20.00 for shipping.. can you forward along the link?

desiboy

quality posts: 0 Private Messages desiboy

Got this stuff last week and tried it. Obsessed ever since.

Favorite: over sliced strawberries with a VERY light dusting of table salt.

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 560 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

Hey all. On the topic of frozen balsamic, WD's importer checked directly with the company.

Here is Paolo Cavedoni said about the frozen balsamic:

….it often happens even here in Italy, especially during winter when the temperature is very low. This is not a problem, the taste, the acidity and the quality do not change. You can tell your customers to put the bottle in a warm place and the product will become again fluid.

So go forth and enjoy your balsamic goodness.

Customer Service: support@woot.com ••• YOU MUST CONTACT CS. Do not post in the forum for help.
••• ► Woot's Return Policy[/b] ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

Winedavid39

Guest Blogger

ThunderThighs wrote:Hey all. On the topic of frozen balsamic, WD's importer checked directly with the company.

Here is Paolo Cavedoni said about the frozen balsamic:

….it often happens even here in Italy, especially during winter when the temperature is very low. This is not a problem, the taste, the acidity and the quality do not change. You can tell your customers to put the bottle in a warm place and the product will become again fluid.

So go forth and enjoy your balsamic goodness.

Thanks TT. Yea, i think you are good here.